Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2156703 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1130 on: January 13, 2007, 01:39:21 am »
I HAVE seen a map!! it is a little tiny country...how many cute Adams can there be??

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1131 on: January 13, 2007, 01:42:14 am »
I HAVE seen a map!! it is a little tiny country...how many cute Adams can there be??

I don't know Jess. Go on over there and find out.

I doubt you'll find any Adams with a picture of my ass though.  ;)

And God help me if you do.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #1132 on: January 13, 2007, 01:49:01 am »
you just wait!!

hey, let me talk to your roommate...put him on!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1133 on: January 13, 2007, 08:46:26 pm »
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   15     BALTIMORE RAVENS   6

*FINAL*

Indianapolis now moves on to the AFC Championships next Sunday afternoon against either San Diego or New England.

God. They won. Now I can relax!

(Where did I put that bottle of Xanax?)   ;)

injest

« Reply #1134 on: January 13, 2007, 08:48:30 pm »
there was a football game today??

;D ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1135 on: January 14, 2007, 10:11:56 pm »
Today has been the shits (pardon my French) but it suddenly got better a couple of hours ago.

Why?

Because New England won their game today! You see, they played San Diego this afternoon. Indianapolis is already in the AFC Championships, and today's game decided who we will play next weekend. Actually I am surprised the Patriots won today, but I am glad because we stand a much better chance of winning against the Patriots next week. It also means next week's game will be played in Indianapolis, giving us home field advantage. (If San Diego had won today, we would have been playing out there next weekend.)

But we have a better chance of winning in Indianapolis than we would in San Diego!  :)

I also made two Key Lime pies today. They are chilling in my refrigerator right now. I'm going to take one of them over to my Dad tomorrow. He loves Key Lime pie! I do to!

I also found out the ice storm scheduled to strike Indianapolis tonight will be moving to the south of us. They are now telling us we will mostly have rain with a little bit of snow mixed in. MUCH better than solid ice. I do feel really bad for those people dealing with this ice storm. The storm has already killed 6 or more people in Oklahoma and Missouri.  :'(

But our chances of winning next week now look brighter, I made my Key Lime pies, cleaned my house, and I'm getting ready to read some super fantastic fanfic a friend of mine is writing!

Yeah, today started out really crappy, but it ended up on a much sweeter note.  :)

Hugs from Indiana, you all!  :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1136 on: January 15, 2007, 07:43:05 am »
David...

I never read your 30 or so pages at the beginning before - I came in late!

But I was looking for pics of your cat /dog - as Kerry suggested in your 'club' thread and came across your opening few pages, which I'm milling over now.

I can't see anuy of the photobucket pictures of the roofed bridges - but what automatically came to mind when I read it was - BEETLEJUICE .. it's the only place I can clearly remeber seeing such a thing.

As for this

While we're on the subject, I remember my mother also had a washer and dryer with a little round window on the front. I was always thrilled when she did the laundry. I loved to sit in front of them and watch the clothes get tossed around inside.

Like I said, I was a weird kid.  ???

Thta's what our machines are still like in the UK - you can come and sit on my kitchen floor and watch mine anytime (AND thats a REAL offer if you take a trip this way any time soon) - but I'm sure you have other ideas of where you might like to sit in a kitchen floor in the UK!  ;D

As for your first post - wonderfully descriptive and your sister, niece and nephew have missed out on a gorgeous warm and loving man.

xxxx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Scott6373

« Reply #1137 on: January 15, 2007, 08:53:07 am »

Because New England won their game today! You see, they played San Diego this afternoon. Indianapolis is already in the AFC Championships, and today's game decided who we will play next weekend. Actually I am surprised the Patriots won today, but I am glad because we stand a much better chance of winning against the Patriots next week. It also means next week's game will be played in Indianapolis, giving us home field advantage. (If San Diego had won today, we would have been playing out there next weekend.)

You really think that you will fair better against us than San Diego?  Indy could have been the recipient of the results of "Marty Ball", but you gotta know that Bellichick and Brady aren't going to make the same kind of foolish mistakes.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1138 on: January 15, 2007, 07:18:33 pm »
I'm guessing David has no power...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6262533.stm

[Or was he right and it missed him and he just has better things to do!?

I hope the ice storms are not too bad buddy and the pets are okay!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1139 on: January 15, 2007, 08:42:46 pm »
David...

I never read your 30 or so pages at the beginning before - I came in late!

But I was looking for pics of your cat /dog - as Kerry suggested in your 'club' thread and came across your opening few pages, which I'm milling over now.

I can't see anuy of the photobucket pictures of the roofed bridges - but what automatically came to mind when I read it was - BEETLEJUICE .. it's the only place I can clearly remeber seeing such a thing.

Kelda - I think Cody's pictures are on page 14. Here's a link to his pictures....

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4739.210.html

Re the covered bridges: Did you try refreshing your browser? I can see them on my computer. I'll check the pictures on Photobucket later on. Maybe there is a problem with the link.

As for this

Thta's what our machines are still like in the UK - you can come and sit on my kitchen floor and watch mine anytime (AND thats a REAL offer if you take a trip this way any time soon) - but I'm sure you have other ideas of where you might like to sit in a kitchen floor in the UK!  ;D

Sounds great Kelda! I'll be right over!  :D

As for your first post - wonderfully descriptive and your sister, niece and nephew have missed out on a gorgeous warm and loving man.

xxxx

:-*   :-*  Thanks hon!!