Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2156631 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1390 on: February 03, 2007, 03:31:26 pm »
I love your new avatar, David. Cody is sooooo cute!  :-*  Is he named after Buffalo Bill?   :)

I don't know Kerry. I guess he could be. He's just Cody to me. He looked like a "Cody" when he was a pup.

And what what does a "Cody" look like exactly? Hell, I don't know.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1391 on: February 03, 2007, 03:44:07 pm »
Oh Cody is the cutest dog ever, David is gonna send him on a plane with his own backpack on and he will be staying with us for a while and cruise the streets of Amsterdam!

;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1392 on: February 03, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »
Oh Cody is the cutest dog ever, David is gonna send him on a plane with his own backpack on and he will be staying with us for a while and cruise the streets of Amsterdam!

;)

LOL

I'll pack a few of his toys and some dog biscuits and he'll be good to go!  :D

He would probably love it too!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1393 on: February 03, 2007, 05:17:40 pm »
Good luck tomorrow David on your Indiana Colts!   I'll be rooting for ya!   I don't usually watch football cause basically I really don't understand it, but most of the people around here do.   So I am sure I will hear about it or even end up watching some of the game!   If anyone asks me why  I chose Indiana Colts,  I will tell them one of my best buddies is the Colts biggest fan.  And he's right from the Heartland! 8)

Awww! Thank you Geri!!! That was really sweet of you to say!  :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1394 on: February 03, 2007, 06:09:30 pm »
That was a wonderful post, David. You have a delightful way with words. Your post was very informative for me, as a non-American. There was a documentary on Australian television tonight on the Mississippi River. It was made by the BBC (UK television) and was beautifully shot. It depicted the many moods of the river, throughout all the seasons of the year. I found the river to be particularly beautiful in autum, when an eerie mist rises from the water. Certainly, one of the great rivers of the world.

You know Kerry, I jumped over the Mississippi river once. Yep. I jumped right over it, and i was only about 10 years old when I did it!

Up in Minnesota, where the Mississippi river begins, you can actually jump right across it. It is just a little tiny creek; not much more than a trickle of water. But once it reaches the Minneapolis and St. Paul area it is very big and mighty.  :D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1395 on: February 03, 2007, 10:57:12 pm »

Grrr, that's supposed to be a flashing neon Colts sign!   :-\

Hold on, David, while I just change its battery!  :laugh:

GOOD LUCK TO THE COLTS!

BEST WISHES FOR A RESOUNDING VICTORY!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1396 on: February 03, 2007, 11:01:54 pm »
Aww! Thanks Kerry!

I think some positive energy and good wishes from Down Under might be what the Colts need to win tomorrow!

I love the Colts Horseshoe sign too!  :D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:13:38 pm by David925 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1397 on: February 03, 2007, 11:46:16 pm »
As sick as I am, I had to run a couple of errands. I was running out of just about everything.

It's cold in Hoosierland Ya'll!

I just listened to the weather report. Currently it is 5 F (-15 C) in Indianapolis with winds gusting to 45 MPH (72 KPH). Tonight's low is forecast to drop into the sub zero digits; the figure they said on the news was -3 F (-20 C). Tomorrow will be colder, and even colder yet on Monday. They are warning people to stay indoors; skin can freeze in less than 30 seconds they told us on the news. Cars are stalling on the roads tonight, and the high winds are whipping up old snow and throwing it on the roads. My house is fully insulated, and I have my furnace set at 85, but the actual tempurature inside my house is only 64 F. The furnace cannot keep up with the cold. Normally I keep my furnace set at 70 F, but if it was running at that setting right now, my house would probably be even colder than it is now. This weather is really terrible.

BUT.... our WONDERFUL COLTS are nice and warm in sunny South Florida! Super Bowl kickoff is at 6:25 PM ET! I suppose we'll all know who won 24 hours from now.

BELIEVE IN THE BLUE!!

:D  GO COLTS!!!   :D

injest

« Reply #1398 on: February 03, 2007, 11:51:28 pm »
Good luck David ( and the Colts!!!)

we are all rooting for them!

(I am still feeling under the weather too!)

lets be sad together!! LOL!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 04, 2007, 01:45:19 am »
As sick as I am, I had to run a couple of errands. I was running out of just about everything.

It's cold in Hoosierland Ya'll!

I just listened to the weather report. Currently it is 5 F (-15 C) in Indianapolis with winds gusting to 45 MPH (72 KPH). Tonight's low is forecast to drop into the sub zero digits; the figure they said on the news was -3 F (-20 C). Tomorrow will be colder, and even colder yet on Monday. They are warning people to stay indoors; skin can freeze in less than 30 seconds they told us on the news. Cars are stalling on the roads tonight, and the high winds are whipping up old snow and throwing it on the roads. My house is fully insulated, and I have my furnace set at 85, but the actual tempurature inside my house is only 64 F. The furnace cannot keep up with the cold. Normally I keep my furnace set at 70 F, but if it was running at that setting right now, my house would probably be even colder than it is now. This weather is really terrible.

BUT.... our WONDERFUL COLTS are nice and warm in sunny South Florida! Super Bowl kickoff is at 6:25 PM ET! I suppose we'll all know who won 24 hours from now.

Hey David, you like the neon Colts sign? You keep it. It's yours. Nail it up on your front porch and display it with pride! Not that anyone will be out in that blizzard, to admire it! (you'll need to insert some batteries!)

I have trouble imagining temperatures as cold as you describe. It never gets that cold in Australia. It is very hot here in Sydney, today!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν