Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2168865 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1900 on: September 10, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Is that guy actually filming while he drives? That's dangerous!

Mmmmm... I'm not gonna say it looks pretty, BUT it's interesting to finally see where you live!  :-* Looks very American...  ;)

haha.  :laugh:

Yup! Unfortunately this guy didn't start filming until he was approaching the inner city, and Indianapolis's inner city is very unattractive. The city has been working on some revitalization programs to improve some of the downtown areas, but they have a long way to go. Also, this man was filming his video during December, and the bare trees, brown grass and gray winter sky only made things look worse.

We do have some very pretty beautiful areas too. I wish he would have filmed more of Woodruff Place. There are grassy areas in the middle of the street with working fountains, benches and large gas lamps. It's very nice in the spring and summer when all the trees have leaves on them. My friends bought an old Victorian there and completely remodeled it from top to bottom. They did most of the work, and the house is absolutely beautiful. Some of the houses in WP haven't been purchased yet and are in desperate need of repair. But someone will buy them sooner or later and fix them up.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1901 on: September 11, 2007, 05:26:18 pm »
I'm going on a rant here. What I am about to say may cause me to lose some Internet friends and I apologize in advance if the following offends anyone, but I can't help it.

I am sitting here listening to CNN and all this talk about the Iraq War and how it "makes America safer". I have several problems with this little phrase and I'm getting very sick and tired of hearing it all the time.

WHY IS IT okay for the United States to go tripping and trapsing all over the world and start wars, just because it might make us safer? Does anyone else see a problem with this? I have heard President Bush (  :P ) say this over and over again. He will say "The Iraq war is necessary and important because it makes America safe".

So what?

What makes US so important? Why is it okay for others to die just so we in America will be safer? I think about this all the time. Iraqi people are dying by the tens of thousands, and tens of thousands of other Iraqi civilians are fleeing their homelands because of this stupid war. We drag other countries into this disgusting mess, and their troops are dying over there too. The entire Mideast is on the brink of erupting into a regional war, and now even Europe could possibly be threatened in the future. And ALL OF THIS IS OKAY, according to President Bush (and many Republicans) because it will keep America safe.

What kind of stupid bullshit logic is that? Why is it okay for the US to constantly walk all over everyone else, step on other country's "toes" and push, shove and force our way anywhere we want, anytime we want, because it is in OUR best interests? What about everybody else's best interests?

Does this bother any other Americans, or is it just me? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this!

I wonder what the US would do if, for example, Russia decided to invade Mexico because it was in Russia's best interest and it would help to make Russia safer? Would the US tolerate such an act from Russia? HELL NO!! So why is it okay for us to do it? Why can't the US play by the same rules we expect everyone else to play by? I don't get it. I never did understand this hawkish behavior. It absolutely infuriates me.

Well, anyhow, I got that off my chest. And I feel better now. I get so angry, disgusted and offended when I hear our president and government say things like this. It's offensive to me. I can't help but wonder how offended others must be.

karen1129

« Reply #1902 on: September 11, 2007, 05:52:54 pm »
I agree David.  100%.

I think our primary reason for being there is a three letter word...........................   OIL.

K

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1903 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:56 pm »
I agree David.  100%.

I think our primary reason for being there is a three letter word...........................   OIL.

K

I think you are correct Karen. It's a terrible shame too. All of this war and chaos just so a few people can get richer and richer. And probably not a SINGLE one of them is an Iraqi. And even if a few of them are, it still doesn't make it right.

And I hope people understand, I'm all for a safe United States. Of course I am! I'm an American and I live there! But I don't think it should be at the expense of others. It's the "expense of others" part that bothers me the most.  >:(

karen1129

« Reply #1904 on: September 11, 2007, 09:21:47 pm »
Amen honey.  Don't get me started !!!!

When I filled up my van this afternoon, I cursed the oil companies !!
This war is a money maker for them and the Halliburtons of the world.

K

mvansand76

« Reply #1905 on: September 12, 2007, 04:59:07 am »
I'm going on a rant here. What I am about to say may cause me to lose some Internet friends and I apologize in advance if the following offends anyone, but I can't help it.

I am sitting here listening to CNN and all this talk about the Iraq War and how it "makes America safer". I have several problems with this little phrase and I'm getting very sick and tired of hearing it all the time.

WHY IS IT okay for the United States to go tripping and trapsing all over the world and start wars, just because it might make us safer? Does anyone else see a problem with this? I have heard President Bush (  :P ) say this over and over again. He will say "The Iraq war is necessary and important because it makes America safe".

So what?

What makes US so important? Why is it okay for others to die just so we in America will be safer? I think about this all the time. Iraqi people are dying by the tens of thousands, and tens of thousands of other Iraqi civilians are fleeing their homelands because of this stupid war. We drag other countries into this disgusting mess, and their troops are dying over there too. The entire Mideast is on the brink of erupting into a regional war, and now even Europe could possibly be threatened in the future. And ALL OF THIS IS OKAY, according to President Bush (and many Republicans) because it will keep America safe.

What kind of stupid bullshit logic is that? Why is it okay for the US to constantly walk all over everyone else, step on other country's "toes" and push, shove and force our way anywhere we want, anytime we want, because it is in OUR best interests? What about everybody else's best interests?

Does this bother any other Americans, or is it just me? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like this!

I wonder what the US would do if, for example, Russia decided to invade Mexico because it was in Russia's best interest and it would help to make Russia safer? Would the US tolerate such an act from Russia? HELL NO!! So why is it okay for us to do it? Why can't the US play by the same rules we expect everyone else to play by? I don't get it. I never did understand this hawkish behavior. It absolutely infuriates me.

Well, anyhow, I got that off my chest. And I feel better now. I get so angry, disgusted and offended when I hear our president and government say things like this. It's offensive to me. I can't help but wonder how offended others must be.

Excellent rant, David. Don't even get me started about this, not while I am still in codeine. Won't be able to chime in, but you know I agree wholeheartedly with you and couldn't have put it any better!

:-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1906 on: September 13, 2007, 02:20:11 am »
Excellent rant, David. Don't even get me started about this, not while I am still in codeine. Won't be able to chime in, but you know I agree wholeheartedly with you and couldn't have put it any better!

:-*

Oh, come on Melissa! Say something about it while you're on codeine! I love it when you start posting things on codeine!  :laugh:

You're so cute, and it's not funny, I know. You're hurting right now. Are you feeling better today? I sure hope so!  :)

{{{Melissa}}}  :-*  :-*

Get well soon sweetie!!  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1907 on: September 13, 2007, 09:08:24 am »
Hey there, David!

It occurred to me yesterday as I drove past the locale of the annual Tullahoma powwow that I needed to ask you if you went to Hopkinsville and if so how was it??  Labor Day completely passed me by (What in hell ever happened to August?)...my apologies...I'm also woefully behind on all postings here so I'm out of the loop.

Hope you're well...read something about Eli Manning getting injured - shoulder maybe?

Take care :-* :-* and I'll try to check back in on Saturday or Sunday.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1908 on: September 15, 2007, 12:21:17 am »
Hey there, David!

It occurred to me yesterday as I drove past the locale of the annual Tullahoma powwow that I needed to ask you if you went to Hopkinsville and if so how was it??  Labor Day completely passed me by (What in hell ever happened to August?)...my apologies...I'm also woefully behind on all postings here so I'm out of the loop.

Hope you're well...read something about Eli Manning getting injured - shoulder maybe?

Take care :-* :-* and I'll try to check back in on Saturday or Sunday.

-Lynne

Hi Lynne!  :D

No, I couldn't go to the Kentucky powwow this year. I'm sending you a pm and I'll explain it to you.  :D

Eww. I don't know what's going on with Eli, but Peyton is doing just fine. We won the game against New Orleans last week 41-10. We play Tennessee (  ;) ) this coming Sunday. Indianapolis is expected to win by 7 points.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1909 on: September 15, 2007, 04:23:25 pm »

Free Comments <br />         and Funny Pictures at pYzam.com" border="0
Get Funny Pictures at pYzam.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: