The World Beyond BetterMost > Women Today

Christian Domestic Discipline

<< < (2/34) > >>

milomorris:

--- Quote from: Buffymon on September 14, 2011, 02:57:34 pm --- Don´t be surprised if they get off on it, too.

--- End quote ---

So what if they get off on it?? Its not all that different than what goes on with the BDSM crowd.

Monika:

--- Quote from: milomorris on September 14, 2011, 04:30:12 pm ---So what if they get off on it?? Its not all that different than what goes on with the BDSM crowd.

--- End quote ---
 BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. This is about men beating on their wives.

serious crayons:

--- Quote from: Jeff  Wrangler on September 14, 2011, 02:54:19 pm ---Under the Common Law you could you beat your wife as long as the club was no thicker than two fingers.

Or maybe it was one finger. ...

--- End quote ---

It was a thumb. Thus, the "rule of thumb."

--- Quote from: Buffymon on September 14, 2011, 05:20:35 pm ---  BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. The two things have nothing in common.
--- End quote ---

I suspect that nowadays many of these Christian cases involve consenting adults, too, and that there is often an unstated element of BDSM involved. Except in rare cases -- forced marriages, or people from the most extremely fundamentalist families -- I would guess most women in these marriages pretty much know what they're getting into. I have read quotes from wives in the past, and they seem to be fairly willing participants. After all, there is no reason to assume that conservative Christians are any less likely than others to have these sorts of sexual interests.

Monika:

--- Quote from: serious crayons on September 14, 2011, 05:27:06 pm ---
I suspect that nowadays many of these Christian cases involve consenting adults, too, and that there is often an unstated element of BDSM involved. Except in rare cases -- forced marriages, or people from the most extremely fundamentalist families -- I would guess most women in these marriages pretty much know what they're getting into. I have read quotes from wives in the past, and they seem to be fairly willing participants. After all, there is no reason to assume that conservative Christians are any less likely than others to have these sorts of sexual interests.

--- End quote ---
I think most women in these types of relationships have been more or less raised to believe that this is OK behavior, and that is why they are "OK" with it. I have a hard time believeing that these Christians belong to some type of Christian BDSM group.

I´m sure BDSM is as common among Christians as in any other group, but BDSM is generally not about one gender "punishing" another. In BDSM, it can just as well be the women who ties the guy up. BDSM-plays generally also stay in the bedroom. I wouldn´t compare violence aimed at one gender, with sexual plays with the aim to pleasure.

milomorris:

--- Quote from: Buffymon on September 14, 2011, 05:20:35 pm ---  BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. This is about men beating on their wives.

--- End quote ---

Not from the Christian's POV. This is love, and the woman does indeed consent to live this way. Marriages among Fundamentalists are like this. They don't all beat their wives, but almost ALL of them have a dominant husband/submissive wife component. They believe that's how God intended things to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version