Author Topic: what kinda flirt!  (Read 14454 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: what kinda flirt!
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 06:41:49 am »
Well, us Brits are well known for appearing self-depracating and 'coy' whilst hiding a seething mass of raw, untapped flirting passion inside... ;) ;D

This is very true, Nicky. There's an old saying, "Still waters run deep." In my humble opinion, one of the sexiest things about Englishmen is their externally reserved self-restraint. This very civilized facade hides a boiling cauldron of passion! Mmmmmm!  :P

Fee, fie, foe, fum, I smell the pheromones of an Englishman!  :o  . . . or something like that.  ::)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 09:07:14 am »
I'm glad you and I are friends!  :)

Me too, dear David, me too! ;D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 09:12:27 am »
This is very true, Nicky. There's an old saying, "Still waters run deep." In my humble opinion, one of the sexiest things about Englishmen is their externally reserved self-restraint. This very civilized facade hides a boiling cauldron of passion! Mmmmmm!  :P

Fee, fie, foe, fum, I smell the pheromones of an Englishman!  :o  . . . or something like that.  ::)

LOL!  :laugh:

I used to think that perhaps this was a myth that only related to a certain class of gentleman, perpetuated by actors like Hugh Grant (oh I do love Hugh Grant, bless 'im). But it would be interesting to know if this is everyone's experience of the English character. Anyone care to comment? It's hard to judge when you're English yourself!
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 04:21:50 am »

I used to think that perhaps this was a myth that only related to a certain class of gentleman, perpetuated by actors like Hugh Grant (oh I do love Hugh Grant, bless 'im). But it would be interesting to know if this is everyone's experience of the English character. Anyone care to comment? It's hard to judge when you're English yourself!

Funny, I just watched a piece of Love, Actually today where Hugh Grant (as the Prime Minister) sighs at his office desk over the young woman he has a crush on.  He looks up at the portrait of Margaret Thatcher on the wall over him and says to it, "Did you ever have these sorts of troubles?"  Pause, then answers himself.  "Of course you did, you saucy minx."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 07:04:19 am »

A friend of mine is a high-class call-girl. She is very beautiful and works out of a luxury apartment here in Sydney. She is originally from London. I met her through mutual gay friends. She is bisexual herself. I've known her for some years and she has confided in me freely, about her clients. Which brings me to my response to your request. My friend has often commented to me that whenever an Englishman phones her, to make an appointment for a session, as soon as she hears the English accent, she knows it's not going be standard missionary sex. She tells me her English clients are invariably "kinky" (her word). She explains this by surmising that because they have to retain such a restrained, respectable, stiff-upper-lip facade in their everyday business and family life, they seek something out of the ordinary, when they stray. This is just one (professional) woman's personal experience. Doesn't necessarily make it true for every Englishman. Some might say that she is only seeing them at their most depraved.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Zander

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No reins on me.
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 07:41:53 am »
Now as an Englishman I can relate to this, stiff upper lip and all that, but as a gay guy in gay company this just doesn't seem to apply.  What I have found in my travels is that the typical French and Spanish gay male is VERY reserved until you get them in private and then they are just animals...... fortunately  ;D They always act real cool and uninterested then wham! Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 08:00:47 am »
Now as an Englishman I can relate to this, stiff upper lip and all that, but as a gay guy in gay company this just doesn't seem to apply.  What I have found in my travels is that the typical French and Spanish gay male is VERY reserved until you get them in private and then they are just animals...... fortunately  ;D They always act real cool and uninterested then wham! Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!

Mmmmmmmm, sounds like my kinda guy!!!  :P   :-*   ;)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Zander

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No reins on me.
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 08:05:19 am »
Mmmmmmmm, sounds like my kinda guy!!!  :P   :-*   ;)
mine too, male and still breathing  ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 08:11:22 am »
mine too, male and still breathing  ;D

Yeah, preferably with a pulse!!!  :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν