Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2651378 times)

karen1129

Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2180 on: October 27, 2007, 06:54:19 pm »
I have a distant cousin that has gathered a lot of information thru census records from way back
about my maternal grandmothers side of the family.
It is very intersting information. 
I love the names.  My great grandmothers name was Partha ????
Her mothers name was Davey !!!

There is information going back to the late 1700's.
A lot of women died in childbirth.  we figured out one
relative during that time, a man, at the age of 47 had 22 kids all together !!
One wife died leaving kids, he would married again and have more kids, she would
die.... etc...etc...  Course the age range in the off spring was big, but still !!!!
He was fertile !!!!
These people were all farmers too.  More kids you had, the more farm hands !!!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2181 on: October 28, 2007, 12:41:54 pm »
Hello there,

Have been catching up on your blog.  Struck by this: Life becomes another job, another obligation.

A few weeks ago, I glanced in the mirror and was somewhat surprised to find that I finally looked like an adult... No more passing for a youngster... A moment of grief and then on with life.  Anyhoo - so I've been periodically thinking about what makes someone a "grown-up" and I think what you said is one of those things.  Only "grown-ups" think of their lives as jobs...

Thanks for letting me meander through.......
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2182 on: October 28, 2007, 02:59:41 pm »
so I've been periodically thinking about what makes someone a "grown-up" and I think what you said is one of those things.  Only "grown-ups" think of their lives as jobs...

Hiya nB......

Interesting thought, but I have to say, I don't agree with it.  I consider myself a "grown up", but I don't view life as a job.  For me, it's a learning experience, and an adventure.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2183 on: October 28, 2007, 05:20:03 pm »

Hiya nB......

Interesting thought, but I have to say, I don't agree with it.  I consider myself a "grown up", but I don't view life as a job.  For me, it's a learning experience, and an adventure.

I would say that is a blessing, to have never felt that living one's life could be a bit of a job...  And, just to clarify, I didn't mean that in order to be a "grown-up" you had to have such feelings, just that when one is young, or as one is 'growing up,' one doesn't typically experience such thoughts... 

I don't always think of my life as a job either, but I agree with what I think was the original intention behind the statement, sometimes obligations come up that feel much more like "work" than "life"...

::)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2184 on: October 28, 2007, 05:28:40 pm »
I don't always think of my life as a job either, but I agree with what I think was the original intention behind the statement, sometimes obligations come up that feel much more like "work" than "life"...

ahhh....Ok, I getcha!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2185 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:28 pm »
Over the weekend I pondered a lot about my online life vs. my real life. The two are taxing me, but in some ways the online version has been a rewarding experence. Still I feel conflict growing.

It is not that I intentionally keep the two worlds seperate, but perhaps I have fallen into that old mentality of comparmentalizing things so that they do not touch. Controlling information about myself, while also being an exhibitionist. Man my mind it a strange place.

I think I need to see that the two seperate worlds are that way logistically. Same as your work life and your home life can be two different worlds. Let there be enough energy to sustain the effort effectively, it all I ask. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2186 on: October 29, 2007, 03:51:16 pm »
Over the weekend I pondered a lot about my online life vs. my real life. The two are taxing me, but in some ways the online version has been a rewarding experence. Still I feel conflict growing.

It is not that I intentionally keep the two worlds seperate, but perhaps I have fallen into that old mentality of comparmentalizing things so that they do not touch. Controlling information about myself, while also being an exhibitionist. Man my mind it a strange place.

I think I need to see that the two seperate worlds are that way logistically. Same as your work life and your home life can be two different worlds. Let there be enough energy to sustain the effort effectively, it all I ask. 

Don't try to explain it just bow your head breathe in breathe out move on.  ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2187 on: October 29, 2007, 03:54:04 pm »

And where have you been all day, young man? I missed you!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2188 on: October 29, 2007, 04:03:07 pm »

:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2189 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »
And where have you been all day, young man? I missed you!

Trying to get a little work done on this fine Monday. And where have you been young man?