Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2630454 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2330 on: November 02, 2007, 03:36:33 pm »
Sure enough!  :laugh: I know it has been highly praised, but it just sounds too depressing for me.

The lawyer Tom Hanks's character was based on used to go to my gym. I don't know what's become of him.

According to the movie he died. :-\
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2331 on: November 02, 2007, 05:03:51 pm »
Shit I gotta get a pumpkin, tomorrow!

That sounds like life as a job for sure.  ;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2332 on: November 02, 2007, 05:18:36 pm »
what exactly is a "huckleberry friend"?   ???

You know what?  That's been my favorite song forever, and I've seen that clip several times, but I never noticed this til now:

When they are putting on masks, the first one Audrey Hepburn puts on is Huckleberry Hound!!  Check the video out at -1:42.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvUHMyJ8a0[/youtube]

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2333 on: November 02, 2007, 07:04:49 pm »
That song, when ever it is available, or I see a chance to hear it, I have to. Its beauty is complete, and it is woven into my soul.

Carry me along Moon River,
The lands and climes unknown
Past were the maps stops
And the way is found by heart.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2334 on: November 02, 2007, 07:08:14 pm »
According to the movie he died. :-\

Well, the real guy was alive and kickin' and workin' out at my gym quite a few years after Philadelphia came out. But I'm thinkin' now it's at least a good five years since I last saw him at the gym.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2335 on: November 03, 2007, 12:20:35 pm »
I'd like to spend Christmas Day just playing with my model trains, but that's difficult to do when I'm up at my dad's for Christmas and the trains are 60 miles away in Philadelphia.  :laugh:

Oh, yeah, I'm back from lunch. ...

I am actually supposed to go to New York City for Christmas or right around that time at least. I got a great deal on a great room at my favorite hotel from December 20th and coming home on Christmas day. I'm not sure about it yet though. I know I would feel guilty about being away from my family just like the rest of you. Oh well, I will see what happens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2336 on: November 03, 2007, 12:23:06 pm »
It just does not seem like it should be November already. I swear I just cleaned out those gutters, who cam and crammed all them leaves in them?

It was me Truman and it was a whole lot of work  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2337 on: November 03, 2007, 12:26:22 pm »

Mt goodness you guys sound more like the bitch bitch thread this morning....I think your bran
isnt working...
      Truman hooray for your weight loss being down,,  Jack, you sometimes think too much, and
Jeff, ???
       Why do you want all of your life too compartmentalized???   Its not a kitchen drawer.. Just try
to get all the pieces to fit..and if they dont, and sometimes end up in each others slot of space..You
have to just try and deal with it...Now I have to go soon and get my blood drawn...Have a good
afternoon........................... :-\

You sure did hit my nail on the head Janice  ;D Yeah I do think too much sometimes and worry too much too......oh well

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2338 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:33 pm »
I know. The bad weather we had up here a week ago is like what we usually get around the fall equinox in September. Weather here now is more like normal for October than November.

I won't mind if we have a nice November. Usually it's just rainy and cold up here in November. I hate November.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour this Saturday night.

random interruption - you just made me realize that I survived October...  October is typically the worst month of the year for me... and come to think of it, there was one not so good thing that happened this October (in personal life), and one 'worst of my life thing' (work-related) - BUT, it is actually good, in a way, I think, that it didn't actually occur to me during October, that all the crap was happening because it was October.  Anyhow - yeah for November! (well for me, at least.  jeff, I am sorry that you hate November - may it go quickly for you!)

back to your regularly scheduled program.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2339 on: November 04, 2007, 07:06:14 pm »
Well, the real guy was alive and kickin' and workin' out at my gym quite a few years after Philadelphia came out. But I'm thinkin' now it's at least a good five years since I last saw him at the gym.

maybe y'all mean Denzel Washington's character, who played Tom Hanks' character's lawyer?
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger