Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2626984 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2390 on: November 06, 2007, 09:55:16 am »
"You don't want to pospone crying too long.....Cry every week if you can....If you put it off too long, when the ters come, they will destroy you."

absolutely true!   People are afraid to cry, afraid to look weak.  Crying heals.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2391 on: November 06, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »
Over the weekend i tried to listen more and talk less. Hoping to have some kind of enlightenment experence.

I over heard on conversation where I heard the phrases "Quietly Excited" and "Classically Overwelmed". I thought they were cool and wrote them down.

But the most profound statement I heard came from Garrison Keillor on Pararie Home Companion Saturday night. He was telling his story about a woman who buried many family members with out a tear, and lost it when her dog was accidentally killed. Then toward the end he lit into something that I started writing down but only got the highlights:

"You don't want to pospone crying too long.....Cry every week if you can....If you put it off too long, when the ters come, they will destroy you."

How true.

course it's not really the tears, but everything inside that has resulted in the tears.  Crying is definitely therapeutic, like venting.  just another form of denial when you need to cry and you don't. 
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2392 on: November 06, 2007, 01:23:43 pm »
I have a hard time to cry.... indeed, and do so when needed absolutely like the death of my past lover.

Did Ennis and Jack cried in the BM film?

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2393 on: November 06, 2007, 01:33:43 pm »
I have a hard time to cry.... indeed, and do so when needed absolutely like the death of my past lover.

Did Ennis and Jack cried in the BM film?

Hugs!

Yes, when trhey parted at the end of the summer, Ennis cried in the alley. When Jack took off for Mexico, he cried. When Ennis said "Jack, I swear", he was crying.

I find since BBM I can cry much easier. When I was a kid it seems like I remember crying all the time and forced myself not to, so now it is comming back to me, and that is a good thing most of the time. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2394 on: November 06, 2007, 01:43:55 pm »
Thanks Shakestheground!

You have  good points about the BM movie, and you do not know that I will now re-see that film in order to cry more too, as you do.

Wonderful idea!

Hugs!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2395 on: November 06, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
It is a good thing, in moderation it is.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2396 on: November 06, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »
It is a good thing, in moderation it is.

That's true, some people do it all the time to get attention such as a woman I work with. However, those are not real tears and that is not crying. Crying comes from an emotion that is deep down inside and people can tell if it is real or not if they look hard enough.

I know with Brokeback I begin to feel this pressure behind my eyes and a feeling in my nose and throat. It is hard to explain in words. Does anyone know what I mean or has anyone else experienced that sensation? Anytime I hear the music or see a scene I get that feeling. Other things that evoke that same thing in me bring about the same feeling. Sometimes it happens with just regular TV shows or movies and sometimes those are happy ending type things. I always try to hold that back which makes the pressure greater.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2397 on: November 06, 2007, 02:35:06 pm »
Over the weekend i tried to listen more and talk less. Hoping to have some kind of enlightenment experence.

Well you sure were missed Truman  ;) and that's the truth!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2398 on: November 06, 2007, 02:36:56 pm »
Getting pitted

OK, getting pitted.......now that's a new one Scott  :o

Scott6373

« Reply #2399 on: November 06, 2007, 02:37:40 pm »
OK, getting pitted.......now that's a new one Scott  :o

Neah...people have been getting pitted for centuries.