Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2626842 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2850 on: November 26, 2007, 11:21:08 pm »
"The Shining" is one of my favorites of Stephen King and I recently read "Cell" If you remember Chuck, the sprawling hotel in Estes Park, Colorado was the one that was featured in the TV miniseries of "The Shining." Unfortunately I didn't get to visit there while we were in Estes Park, but I got some good pictures of it. Also, if you remember, in both the movie and the miniseries and I assume in the book they kept mentioning that the hotel was north of Denver. I do love Stephen King's books and movies.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2851 on: November 26, 2007, 11:26:26 pm »
Oh yeah!
Why anyone would ever drive a pinto? Those things always break down!

Tell you what, my first car was a Pinto. My dad bought it for me when I was 17. Wasn't a thing wrong with it. My dad traded it out from under me during my first year of college. I think that was after it was learned that Pintos would explode if struck from the rear.  ;D

Dad traded the Pinto for a Mustang II. Nice lookin' vehicle, but we had so much trouble with the electronic ignition. Damn car would cut out on me--engine would stop dead--when I was going 60 mph on the interstate. After that experience, nearly 30 years ago, to this day I would not own a Ford if you gave it to me.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2852 on: November 26, 2007, 11:33:54 pm »

I had that same trouble with a Mercury Jeff.  Holy crap what a pain in the ass.  I had that car in the same shop
three times in one day...they never did fix it.. My husband finally figured out what it was, and disconnected the unit
that caused the problem....It was the idle control switch....he just deactivated it.   No more trouble.

Beautiful mind

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2853 on: November 26, 2007, 11:44:16 pm »
Shockoe was already kinda trendy when I was there, which was 1980 or 1981, I forget which.

You want dull drivin' in Virginia, try King William and King and Queen County in Tidewater. I used to pass through there on my way to Williamsburg. I'd come down 301 and then cut off to the southeast to take back roads to Williamsburg and avoid Richmond. I thought I'd go out of my mind with the dullness. That was a long time ago. I'd have to consult a map to check the route numbers.

My favorite dullest highway  ;D is the Pennsylvania Turnpike between Harrisburg and Carlisle.

I'm pretty sure I've driven that one... bleck...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2854 on: November 26, 2007, 11:46:14 pm »
Children of the Corn!

one of the few movies i have refused to watch...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2855 on: November 26, 2007, 11:46:54 pm »
Holy crap what a pain in the ass.

Scary, too, when the engine quits on you at 60 in traffic on an interstate.

If I ever buy a domestic automobile again, I'll stick with General Motors. The Mustang II got replaced by a brand new Chevrolet Chevette--remember them  ;D --when I graduated from college and was getting ready to go to graduate school. She broke a fan belt on I-64 going through Richmond, Virginia, but that was the only trouble we ever had with that little vehicle.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2856 on: November 27, 2007, 01:36:38 pm »

Hey" brother where art thou.?"  Not used to being here before you,,,so I made my line.... ;)

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2857 on: November 27, 2007, 03:30:44 pm »
My sister used to have a red Pinto and we used to ride all over the place when I would go and visit her in Atlanta while I was growing up. I don't think the part of them exploding when hit in the rear end was known at that time. I believe she liked it and I'm sure she was glad she had that as opposed to a Vega. Several years later when I was getting ready to turn 16 a friend of mine and I came back to my house and there was an old orange Gremlin sitting in the driveway. I thought they were going to give it to me and can you believe I was happy about it. Anything to drive would have been considered good  ;) However, it ended up belonging to some people they went out to dinner with.

The worst car I had by far was the red Nissan Pulsar. It was absolutely horrible. It ended up riding on the back of a tow truck more than on the road. I could never go anywhere without wondering if I would get back home. It was a true lemon, but it made me like Jeff in the fact that I would never buy any kind of Nissan again. I then had an maroon Oldsmobile Cutlass that had belonged to my father. I actually still have that car and use it in the winter a lot cause it is front wheel drive. I now have a black Mustang which I completely love. Jeff, I think the Mustang II was when they were having a lot of problems with Mustangs. I'm not sure about that, but I believe so. I'm a major Mustang fan. I always have been.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2858 on: November 27, 2007, 04:01:14 pm »
FORD: Found on the road, dead.

My father got me a Vega for my first car, I think he paid $200 for it. It was bright yellow. Only had breaks on one side. I went over a guard rail in it, cracked a phone pole and rolled down an embankment and walked away, my first wreck. I hated the thing, it used as much oil as it did gas.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2859 on: November 27, 2007, 04:03:47 pm »

Hey" brother where art thou.?"  Not used to being here before you,,,so I made my line.... ;)

I woke up this morning with my sinuses in full lock down, so I took some sinade, called the office and when back to bed. Had dreams I was living in a gust house and the police had a dangerous criminal cornered in the third floor of the main house and life was proceeding as normal. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."