Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2629549 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2900 on: November 28, 2007, 09:36:42 pm »
thanks for the update!   Hope Weston continues to improve!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2901 on: November 28, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »
Spoke with my friend Marty just now. Weston contiues to improve, he met with the therapists today and though still in a fog he got up on his feet for the first time in a week and lifted his legs for them. His is still fighting pneumonia but that seems to be going okay.

Marty will probably stay until next week and then return to Hawai'i for a couple of weeks and come back to Virginia. Hopefully Weston will be at a rehab facility by then.

If they can get him up on his feet and keep him moving around, that should help with the pneumonia. Pneumonia is the greatest danger for people who are flat on their backs for an extended period.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2902 on: November 28, 2007, 10:22:02 pm »

Two pieces of great health news today...Wonderful and Amazing........!!!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this wondrous news.

Rodney pmd me and said his doctors say that his tumor is shrunken to half its previous size.
      He goes back in the first week of December, to have another CT scan........

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2903 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:15 pm »
Hey there, friends,

Just catching up here - I'm very glad to hear that Weston chances for a recovery are good - that looked to be some fall!  I remember Elle's drive from Richmond to Lynchburg to meet Truman and me - she had further to go than us.  Our part from Fieldale to Lynchburg was easy - filled with good conversation and easy silences and the short story on audio for the return trip.  Fond solstice memories, there.

Janice - what's this about a roadtrip to the southeast?? Details, girlfriend!  I need to go home and see my folks sometime, though holiday prices seem ridiculous, so I hope you're thinking of different dates.

I accidentally checked on prices from San Jose, Costa Rica to Nashville first (instead of Cali) and it turns out that it's less $$$ to come home for the holiday if I were in Costa Rica - noted for future reference  ::)

TTYS,
Lynne

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2904 on: November 28, 2007, 11:56:33 pm »

I was mostly wishing out loud...i would love to go thats for sure....

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2905 on: November 28, 2007, 11:58:48 pm »

I was mostly wishing out loud...i would love to go thats for sure....

I do that too!  I'm always planning 'the next' thing, having no idea if I can make it happen, but it helps me get through!!  :-* :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2906 on: November 29, 2007, 10:07:44 am »
Today will be a busy day, I am carrying my friend to the airpost in Charlotte so she can fly across the big pond to see the boyfriend, for a long weekend.  ;) That will be an all day thing.

Then tonight I am going to the Lyric Theater in Blacksburg to see the documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So", which I have been looking forward to seeing.

And with me all day, will be the memory and knowledge of something that occurred 10 years ago this very day.  My sister and her flying partner flew a Cessna 172 from Langeley Air Force Base to Martinsville, had lunch with me and our mother and Aent, and then my sister took me and our mother up in the plane, into the steely grey sky, the same sky that hangs over the land today.

I had never seen the place I have live most my life from the air, and it took a while to get my bearings, was not until I saw the lake, that insane volume of water sitting so much higher than the surrounding land that I knew what was what. Recognized my high school from the map they gave out the first day it opened, followed the river to Fieldale and made out the brick red foundation of my house thru the trees. Down the river to the speedway, over the old fields where tobacco had once grown, the subdivisions, the factories and mills, now silent.

I will most likely never have that opportunity again. Three months later on an even more steely grey and windy day the two of them took off on a short hop and met with disaster. Since then I cannot bring myself to get in one of them little planes. If it don;t have a jet on it, I can't handle it. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #2907 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:49 am »
Today will be a busy day, I am carrying my friend to the airpost in Charlotte so she can fly across the big pond to see the boyfriend, for a long weekend.  ;) That will be an all day thing.

Then tonight I am going to the Lyric Theater in Blacksburg to see the documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So", which I have been looking forward to seeing.

And with me all day, will be the memory and knowledge of something that occurred 10 years ago this very day.  My sister and her flying partner flew a Cessna 172 from Langeley Air Force Base to Martinsville, had lunch with me and our mother and Aent, and then my sister took me and our mother up in the plane, into the steely grey sky, the same sky that hangs over the land today.

I had never seen the place I have live most my life from the air, and it took a while to get my bearings, was not until I saw the lake, that insane volume of water sitting so much higher than the surrounding land that I knew what was what. Recognized my high school from the map they gave out the first day it opened, followed the river to Fieldale and made out the brick red foundation of my house thru the trees. Down the river to the speedway, over the old fields where tobacco had once grown, the subdivisions, the factories and mills, now silent.

I will most likely never have that opportunity again. Three months later on an even more steely grey and windy day the two of them took off on a short hop and met with disaster. Since then I cannot bring myself to get in one of them little planes. If it don;t have a jet on it, I can't handle it. 

I'll be thinking of you today my dear friend.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2908 on: November 29, 2007, 10:34:14 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2909 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:16 am »
My nativity occured on Saturday, the 3rd of August, A.D. 1963 @ 6:55 A.M..  :D Ten days later, it snowed on Brokeback Mountain.
Wow! When somthing is put in a chronological context it really makes you think.
I was born during the four year void.  :(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"