Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2629768 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3290 on: December 26, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
Well, this is probably too late. However for future refrence, flip the breaker to that room to make sure the power os off. Turning the switch won't always guarantee that. Next git ya a tater. push it up in the there and then turn and you should be able to unscrew it that way.

No sir -- you aren't too late. I haven't done it yet because I'll have to restart my computer and stuff when I throw the breaker, so I'm procrastinating-- it's on the same one as the light. A potato? Like a whole raw one? Do I peel it or leave on the skin?  :P 

You Georgia boys!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3291 on: December 26, 2007, 10:15:57 pm »
Yep, the potato idea is out there.  I heard that you should cut the potato in half, then press it against the broken bulb, then turn it.

Speaking of those new bulbs, I haven't had much luck with them lasting longer than regular bulbs, especially in my kitchen ceiling fixture.  My friend thinks it's because that fixture takes a lower wattage, and the new bulbs are a higher wattage, which makes them burn out sooner.  ???  I don't know, but I was bummed when they burned out, because I thought I wouldn't have to haul out the ladder to change the bulbs for a good long time.  >:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3292 on: December 26, 2007, 10:29:11 pm »
I thought they were supposed to last a number of years as well.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3293 on: December 26, 2007, 10:47:44 pm »
I thought they were supposed to last a number of years as well.

Tell you what, I got a bunch of those new light bulbs for Christmas, too. I actually asked for them!  :o My dad likes them, and I thought they were supposed to last a long time and cure global warming.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3294 on: December 26, 2007, 11:20:10 pm »
Well, if they conk out early, let us know.   Hope you have better luck.  ::)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3295 on: December 26, 2007, 11:31:22 pm »

You know Paul what is really interesting is to listen to that song and watch Jack and Ennis kiss at the bottom of your post.

I agree Truman........that is too funny

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3296 on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:13 pm »
I agree Truman........that is too funny

Cause you know that was the time they were hooking up, when we were watching wlecome back kotter.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:09:55 am by Shakestheground »

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3297 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:36 pm »
Oh yeah, you are absolutely right. I didn't think about that part. I'm glad you told me.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3298 on: December 27, 2007, 02:06:17 am »
OH, I hadn't noticed the new words in Paul's sig line.  Words, what's them, when it comes to Paul's sig line.  I had heard the tater idea, but the wet of the tater coupled with the elec of the tricity, I don't know...

Truman, we're planning to go to Monticello the first nice weather morning we get.  So if it's dry when you wake up, expect a call from me.  :)  Til then, we're going through boxes and cabinets and scrapbooks and laughing and sighing and cackling and wheezing (from the dust on some of these things).  My mom's scrapbook from when she was 15 years old.  I never knew it existed.  Anyway, that's what we're up to as long as it's raining. 

I asked my mom if she had heard about your friend who fell from the roof, she read about it in the paper.  We are wishing him a strong recovery.

Also, tonight we drove through the Fan and downtown, looking at Christmas lights, and went into the old Jefferson Hotel (me for the first time).  You ever been there?  Really nice.  And in the lobby is a big marble statue of ol' T.J. and, I'm sorry, but you could clearly see which way he dressed, and even that he was uncircumcised.  Right there in the elegant lobby.  I mentioned it to my sister, and at first (before she saw it) she had a sort of "Oh brother" look on her face, but after she saw it, she was OMG.  :)  Anyway, something for your next trip to the big city.  What if someone anonymously hung a sign there that said, "The South shall rise again."

:)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3299 on: December 27, 2007, 09:09:07 am »
Anyway, something for your next trip to the big city.  What if someone anonymously hung a sign there that said, "The South shall rise again."

:)

OMG, I have been there before, and remember the statue, but I am going to have to take a closer look next time.  :D

I will have the phone on, just give me a shout.