Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2627018 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3490 on: January 03, 2008, 04:30:07 pm »
So I am pleased to say I have spoken with my friend Marty and his son Weston is progressing well and is set to leave the rehab center on or about the 29th.

Weston can now dress himself and can walk up and down three flights of stairs without holding on to anything. They have removed some of the wires removed from his mouth so he can talk on the phone a little better.
Thank God!
That is wonderful news!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3491 on: January 03, 2008, 04:35:24 pm »

Where you been all day boy...?

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #3492 on: January 03, 2008, 04:38:52 pm »
So I am pleased to say I have spoken with my friend Marty and his son Weston is progressing well and is set to leave the rehab center on or about the 29th.

Weston can now dress himself and can walk up and down three flights of stairs without holding on to anything. They have removed some of the wires removed from his mouth so he can talk on the phone a little better.

I am so happy for them...and you!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3493 on: January 03, 2008, 04:42:21 pm »

Where you been all day boy...?
Working my ample ass off!
LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3494 on: January 03, 2008, 04:48:46 pm »
Yeah, I hope to see him some point in the near future. He was always such a good kid and I missed seeing him a lot as he grew up.

I can remember the night he was born. His mother was determined to have him at home but the midwife said no we are going to the hospital. He was breech and they wanted to do a c section and she said hell no. Somehow they got him turned around. I never understood exactly.

What I really remember was his Aunt, His Grandfather and the Rev. Karma at the Food Country buying a couple of cases of beer shouting "We're having a baby!"
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3495 on: January 03, 2008, 07:39:27 pm »
Yeah, I hope to see him some point in the near future. He was always such a good kid and I missed seeing him a lot as he grew up.

I can remember the night he was born. His mother was determined to have him at home but the midwife said no we are going to the hospital. He was breech and they wanted to do a c section and she said hell no. Somehow they got him turned around. I never understood exactly.
What I really remember was his Aunt, His Grandfather and the Rev. Karma at the Food Country buying a couple of cases of beer shouting "We're having a baby!"

Yeah, I don't know how they do that. Must hurt like hell.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3496 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:02 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3497 on: January 03, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »

Oh, that is soooo great to here!  Thanks for that update!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #3498 on: January 03, 2008, 09:04:49 pm »
Six am mnew years morning in the throne room, I am reading a recnt issues of the AARP magazine. An interesting article about a woman who was a stay at home mom, a baby boomer, and now at retirement age she is filled with regret about the path not taken.

The article goes on to describe how this is an increasingly common thing among baby boomers who have had so many options, living in a world where everyone knows and sees what is going on in others peoples lives, our minds are not prepared to deal with the information, the feelings that come along with it.

It would seem that with so many choices for so many paths in life we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Eat up with what ifs. I think that is sad. I think everyone would do it differently if they could, those who say otherwise I don't believe them.

So I will say to all those reading this: I envy each of you, those of you who have children, those of you with good jobs, those of you living in exciting cities, those of you of the verge of something big. Ya'll are so luck. And I am too. Cause if I want to, I could go back to bed right now.  :laugh: but I won't.

and that regret is colored and made worse by people saying that we can/could have done differently when all our choices were made from circumstances as they were then. It is easy for someone to sit in a cafe and say "Oh you are smart, you could have been a lawyer/doctor/whatever" but in that time your options didn't include going to school or getting married or whatever.

I envy your freedom.

injest

« Reply #3499 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:31 pm »
Yeah, I don't know how they do that. Must hurt like hell.

take a big ol plastic glove that reaches to your armpit....stick your hand up in there, grab a leg or head and start wriggling it around..

(well it is what we do to calves....)