Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631004 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3500 on: January 03, 2008, 09:17:05 pm »
and that regret is colored and made worse by people saying that we can/could have done differently when all our choices were made from circumstances as they were then. It is easy for someone to sit in a cafe and say "Oh you are smart, you could have been a lawyer/doctor/whatever" but in that time your options didn't include going to school or getting married or whatever.

I envy your freedom.

Puts me in mind of an 18 year old high school graduate being asked what they want to do with their life. Sometimes they minght have an idea, but I mean at 18 how are you supposed to be able to decide wha you want to do with the rest of your life.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3501 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:49 pm »
Puts me in mind of an 18 year old high school graduate being asked what they want to do with their life. Sometimes they minght have an idea, but I mean at 18 how are you supposed to be able to decide wha you want to do with the rest of your life.

After going thru once, I wish everyone got a redo.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3502 on: January 03, 2008, 11:18:28 pm »

You can say that twice and mean it........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3503 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:43 pm »

You can say that twice and mean it........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:   ;)  

But.....

"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride."

Darnit!  :(
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3504 on: January 03, 2008, 11:59:09 pm »

Weird that I've experienced sharpness and you haze...but I completely agree that it's dangerous - because whatever chemistry is going on, it interferes with clarity of thought!

Speaking of falling in love, yes it definitely interferes with clarity of thought, in my case there is absolutely no doubt about that. When I first met the guy I was in my last relationship with (the very long one), the one that turned out so horribly bad in the end, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I feel in love. And yes I experienced the sharpness you speak of Lynne, but I was also experiencing the haziness that Scott speaks of. The problem was that I was not recognizing the haziness cause I had my rose colored glasses on. To me everything about that guy was absolutely perfect in any way. Anything I would see that did not fit into how I was seeing him I dismissed. I was warned by so many people, but instead of heeding their warning I got mad at them. I dismissed that to them being jealous of my situation. All I could see was him and all I could and wanted to feel was that feeling I had for him. I got so enveloped in him that I lost friends, I got in trouble at work, I got in trouble with family, I got in trouble with money, and on and on. One day I did finally wake up and see what was going on, but it took a very long time for me to truly admit it. I went through several years of going back and forth in the relationship cause I had a very difficult time letting it go. I felt I never wanted and never could see a day in the future without him in my life. I would make excuses for his alcoholism, his drug abuse, and all the things that truly made him up. I still had my rose colored glasses on, they were just a little faded. Finally, one day many years later, those glasses just fell off and I saw him for who he truly was. I didn't like the person I saw, not at all. All that love I had truly turned to dislike that I still feel to this very day. I let him take so many of my good years away, so much of my life. He continued to try to get me back in, to call, and to come around. But I never allowed him to do it again. I truly avoided him cause I was afraid that he could have pulled me back in. He had a way of doing that to me as well as other people. He continued on in his drug abuse and ended up on crack really bad. He committed suicide in April 2004 which was basically four years after he and I truly ended in my mind.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3505 on: January 04, 2008, 12:05:38 am »
So I am pleased to say I have spoken with my friend Marty and his son Weston is progressing well and is set to leave the rehab center on or about the 29th.

Weston can now dress himself and can walk up and down three flights of stairs without holding on to anything. They have removed some of the wires removed from his mouth so he can talk on the phone a little better.

That is great news Truman!!!

injest

« Reply #3506 on: January 04, 2008, 12:23:43 am »
Speaking of falling in love, yes it definitely interferes with clarity of thought, in my case there is absolutely no doubt about that. When I first met the guy I was in my last relationship with (the very long one), the one that turned out so horribly bad in the end, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I feel in love. And yes I experienced the sharpness you speak of Lynne, but I was also experiencing the haziness that Scott speaks of. The problem was that I was not recognizing the haziness cause I had my rose colored glasses on. To me everything about that guy was absolutely perfect in any way. Anything I would see that did not fit into how I was seeing him I dismissed. I was warned by so many people, but instead of heeding their warning I got mad at them. I dismissed that to them being jealous of my situation. All I could see was him and all I could and wanted to feel was that feeling I had for him. I got so enveloped in him that I lost friends, I got in trouble at work, I got in trouble with family, I got in trouble with money, and on and on. One day I did finally wake up and see what was going on, but it took a very long time for me to truly admit it. I went through several years of going back and forth in the relationship cause I had a very difficult time letting it go. I felt I never wanted and never could see a day in the future without him in my life. I would make excuses for his alcoholism, his drug abuse, and all the things that truly made him up. I still had my rose colored glasses on, they were just a little faded. Finally, one day many years later, those glasses just fell off and I saw him for who he truly was. I didn't like the person I saw, not at all. All that love I had truly turned to dislike that I still feel to this very day. I let him take so many of my good years away, so much of my life. He continued to try to get me back in, to call, and to come around. But I never allowed him to do it again. I truly avoided him cause I was afraid that he could have pulled me back in. He had a way of doing that to me as well as other people. He continued on in his drug abuse and ended up on crack really bad. He committed suicide in April 2004 which was basically four years after he and I truly ended in my mind.

{{Jack}}

I am sorry. I wish.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3507 on: January 04, 2008, 09:36:24 am »
Man Jack I am so sorry to hear you went thru that. Bless your heart.

You deserve much better.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3508 on: January 04, 2008, 09:54:04 am »
take a big ol plastic glove that reaches to your armpit....stick your hand up in there, grab a leg or head and start wriggling it around..

(well it is what we do to calves....)

Sounds like my fanfic where I had Ennis deliver a baby because he had a lot of experience bringin' calves. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3509 on: January 04, 2008, 09:55:10 am »
Man Jack I am so sorry to hear you went thru that. Bless your heart.

You deserve much better.

Me, too. What Tru said.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.