Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538676 times)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1020 on: January 01, 2007, 03:06:54 pm »
That's a LOVELY wish, souxi!  I like it!  And, of course, Jake would do the flashback scenes, too.

What an epic!

My DH worked last night, so I went to eat dinner with my parents.  I was home by 9 P.M.  Just another ho-hum New Year's Eve.

I used to love Christmas, but since I am married to the world's biggest 'scrooge', it's always a let-down.  Not one thing under the tree this year - he never fails to disappoint.  You'd think I've learned to stop expecting or hoping for anything more.

Thank goodness for FanFiction!  It's my favorite vicarious excape from RL!

And thank goodness for the Internet - my window to the world!

Today, I am watching the impressive and excellent Rose Bowl Parade on TV and doing laundry.

Y'all have a good day.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1021 on: January 01, 2007, 03:32:17 pm »
Happy New Year Everyone!

SPOILER

Someone mentioned "intriguing" and that is certainly true!  And your chapter titles are so spot on!  Every time we get a question answered, another one pops up! 

So much simmering under the suppressed tension. So many questions we've got about Jeremy now - never mind Nick's Mum.

Precisely.

I did like the talk between Jeremy and Dr. Sampson.  I can see respect building between them.  And I thought Nick's gifts to his parents were lovely - you could see that he put a lot of thought into them - and those are the best gifts!

I remember the Fiero - they were hot!  I can just picture sexy Nick (and sexy Jeremy) tooling around Laramie in that! ;D

Sorry about your Christmas, Navy Vet.   :(    Ditto on the escape from RL!

Thanks - Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1022 on: January 01, 2007, 03:38:14 pm »
That's a LOVELY wish, souxi!  I like it!  And, of course, Jake would do the flashback scenes, too.

What an epic!

Thanks NV, it certainly would be an epic, and one that I think needs to be made. Poor Ennis was left bereft at the end of BBM. :'( We cant leave him there like that, not when Louise has got a new life just waiting for him. Not to mention a hot guy of course lol. ;) ;). I think 4 hours is long enough to do LS justice..do you?
Happy new year to you.xxx

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1023 on: January 01, 2007, 06:03:05 pm »
Happy new year to everyone.

THANK YOU SIOUX=== that is lovely,,,and thank you to louise,,istnt life grand,,,gettting the new chapter up on top of a mountain, in washington state....                                  lovely christmas dinner w/nicks family and the guys....                                             janice

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1024 on: January 01, 2007, 07:40:53 pm »
Firebird, David!

Update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/194461.html  "7.  Behind the Mask"

It took me almost 3 hours to get back online tonight, sorry for the delay.  When I said "flaky connection" I meant it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1025 on: January 01, 2007, 08:38:36 pm »
Firebird, David!

Here's Nick's crimson Firebird

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:02:28 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1026 on: January 01, 2007, 10:22:29 pm »
yes! exactly!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1027 on: January 02, 2007, 09:18:07 am »
OMG! That's some snazzy car! Thanks for the visual, Jo!  :)

I LOVED Nick for wanting to take his father out for a spin. That was real sweet  :) Glad he's got his fathers trust back again.
And I so love him calling Jeremy 'sweet thing' *sigh*

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1028 on: January 02, 2007, 09:54:44 am »
Firebird!

Well,  I wasn't sure which one you'd pick for Nicky.   Firebird,  Fiero,  Grand Prix or even Sunbird.

I was thinking money was probably not an issue, so that would leave out the Sunbird.   The Grand Prix is a nice car, but maybe too formal (then) for a 22 year old.   The Firebird is a fast car, so I was thinking his parents might worry about him getting himself into trouble with it.   Then I remember the new Fiero.  A hot little car that was fast looking, but not a rocket.   If you walked into a Pontiac dealer showroom then, the Fiero was the hot new item.

But the fact you had his Dad get him the Firebird does indeed show trust.    A far bigger statement than getting him the smaller Fiero.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1029 on: January 02, 2007, 10:42:30 am »

I was thinking money was probably not an issue, so that would leave out the Sunbird.  

Ha ha - that was excellent reasoning David.  My first car was a Sunbird - and money was indeed an issue!   :)
Those Firebirds (and the the Chevy version - the Camaro) were really popular back then!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain