Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538045 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1170 on: January 06, 2007, 08:54:28 pm »
Awww. . . Ellery agrees:

I said softly “How does a grown man have such a soft face?”, and moved closer, kissing his lips as I opened my eyes to his, molten darkness in the soft light.

"What I Did on My Day Off" - Chapter 13.  Love that line!

Marie

Great chapter, lots of fun, thanks!!

Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1171 on: January 06, 2007, 10:02:34 pm »
Great chapter, lots of fun, thanks!!

Janice
8) 8) 8) 8)the cantrell del mar, browns wish to invite you to the puerto rican vacation with them...   it will be a trip of business and fun...with beautiful beaches, warm breezes and          lovely mountains and vistas....      it will be a trip of a lifetime,, and a wonderful..................honeymoon for the boys we love so much.....thank you louise,,,
                                                                                  janice

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1172 on: January 06, 2007, 10:43:26 pm »
In my beer drinking days, Rolling Rock was my brew of choice..."33" Anyone remember the 8 oz bottles that were called "Lil Ponies"?

Is there such a thing as Lilac Vegetal? That name has sort of a Vitameatavegamin ring to me...

there most certainly IS!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1173 on: January 07, 2007, 08:35:34 am »
okay another update... because that last one might have left readers in a state!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/197194.html  "6. Family"

Yeah Louise, it did leave me in a kind of a state. I just felt so desperately unhappy and sad for Jack all over again. I was crying along with Ennis *sigh*

The last chapter was so loving and warm. Wes and Edna are wonderful people with huge giving hearts and I really love them. Ennis and Ellery are so lucky to have them in their lives  :) Wes is just so great with Ennis. And with Ellery.
Whooooweeee for Puerto Rico!!!!  ;D Will you be writing about that?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1174 on: January 07, 2007, 08:59:46 am »

SPOILER

Yeah Louise, it did leave me in a kind of a state. I just felt so desperately unhappy and sad for Jack all over again. I was crying along with Ennis *sigh*

The last chapter was so loving and warm. Wes and Edna are wonderful people with huge giving hearts and I really love them. Ennis and Ellery are so lucky to have them in their lives  :) Wes is just so great with Ennis. And with Ellery.

Yes - me too - to all that!!

Wes is always so wise -

There ain’t no way you or me or anybody else who ever got married to their childhood sweetheart and had a nice easy go of it doin what the world expects is gonna know what it is like ta try ta live like a real couple knowin half the world thinks yer a pervert an a sinner. We can’t ever know what that is like. And it is up ta them if it don’t feel right. You know if I tried ta file that marriage license… I might end up in jail? That’s how strong people feel against queer folk, Eddy. We can’t think of ourselves on this, we got ta think about them. We got ta think about Ennis.”

So sad and so true!   :'(

Sure am glad they cleared the air!

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1175 on: January 07, 2007, 09:16:55 am »

I am glad I bent the extra effort then, June...last night when she read it,Leslie mentioned that it would be a hard wait for the next chapter with Ennis in such a state, and I explained that after writing something so intensely emotional, I usually take a reset and consider the next steps before I write again, to step back and get out of Ennis's head a bit.  But then I thought - I really AM going to have a mailbox full of cranky LJ notices asking when I am going to update because of poor Ennis crying out in the barn... and stayed up a bit longer to get to the next step.  I am rather glad I did, because I got to sleep late and .. well I had strange dreams, but at least they weren't about Ennis! hahaha.

As far as Puerto Rico goes, I will have to consult my overseas Puerto Rico expert about whether I can get some co-authorship support on that particular plot line!  Farthest I ever been to Puerto Rico was New York City.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #1176 on: January 07, 2007, 09:55:59 am »
The last chapter is very precious.  I like it that Wes explained to Ennis his decision about the Paso Fino which should clear any doubts Ennis had before; I like it that he's not mad at Ennis snapping at Edna who has nothing but worry about him - as I said in the lj, I don't know if I could love them more.  I hope Ennis will agree to the idea of a sizable reception soon.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1177 on: January 07, 2007, 10:04:41 am »
Yes, Wes showed very good managerial skills, didn't he?

And Puerto Rico! What fun...but I thought Ennis couldn't fly on a plane because of his ear?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1178 on: January 07, 2007, 10:11:40 am »
The recommendations on legbone injuries in that era are rather sketchy... but Ennis recovered through bedrest and right now his ear is okay.  It is possible in another three months or so (Wes did say after Christmas!) that there would be no risk to him.  The prohibition on flying and high elevation travel was if he was symptomatic.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1179 on: January 07, 2007, 10:19:30 am »
Hi everyone.
Louise the last two chapters were brilliant, absolutly briliant. I can totally understand why Ennis was crying. :'( I dont think he,ll ever stop feeling guilty about Jack for as long as he lives. Thats just he kind of person he is. It will be interesting to see what Ellery says to him when he finds out he,s been so upset. He needs lots of hugs from his man.