Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538885 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1410 on: January 19, 2007, 05:26:45 pm »
SPOILER

Now that I am caught up with the reading I have to say that even though I feel bad for Jeeves (solitude is hard), I agree that he should not be invited to the reception. It doesn't matter if he has been buying the house over at the bar. He isn't a friend of Ennis and Ellery. I think the reception is something intimate not a public affair in which every queer in Laramie should be invited just because they happen to be customers of the bar. Besides, he and Jeremy are on bad terms. I don't think he belongs in the reception. Those are my two cents anyway.

Oh I agree, he's got no business being there at all. Unless of course Louise invites him along for dramatic effect, for the fireworks!  ;D

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1411 on: January 19, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »
I don't know what you all think but I think Wayne should be invited to the wedding reception!  :P
He manages to add a little edge and humour to everything, as far as I am concerned anyway ..
I bet Ennis doesn't see it that way, not to mention Pookie ..  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:50:59 pm by Lucise »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1412 on: January 19, 2007, 06:47:53 pm »
SPOILER

and.... yes, an update.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203433.html  "25. Free Floating Jealousy"

I spent some time thinking and considering, and it would see thinking and considering is a good thing in terms of taking original approaches, and so, a theme chapter to get us back to the point of it all.

Yes, Louise, thinking and considering are definitely good things . . . espcially when they lead to such a wonderful chapter - a three-in-one! LOL!

E&E - funny, just saw Ellery mention "free-floating jealousy" in the re-read yesterday, I think - and it still works!  If Ellery is playing Ennis like a violin - Ennis is loving it . . . which reminds me, I met an attorney yesterday who insisted, "Please, call me B.J., everyone does."   Hmmm....

J&N - Jeremy has such a protective, gentle nature.  Nick and he balance each other very well - Nick is so sharp and funny and adventurous -but he has a serious, insightful side, too- and Jeremy helps to bring that out, and Nick helps bring out Jeremy's fun-loving side.  Interesting to see Jeremy trying to work out the whole jealousy/relationship thing.  (Important information:  I woke up this morning thinking - What kind of hat? )

Jeeves & Lance - I do feel sorry for Jeeves, but I feel a little better knowing that Martini Man is waiting in the wings . .

Jealousy is ageless, really.

Thanks so much, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1413 on: January 19, 2007, 07:59:24 pm »
I woke up this morning thinking - What kind of hat? )

How about this?

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1414 on: January 19, 2007, 08:42:25 pm »
Ah hahahahahaha!

You will all probably be rather relieved to know that the storms have all subsided, I got a big chunk of administrivia and interviewing and followups done, sorted socks and various and sundry other things, and should be able to devote some time to writing tomorrow!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #1415 on: January 20, 2007, 12:23:12 am »
Yay, Louise!

...And I am back from a few days out of town.  Slowly rebuilding my computer and catching up on all the reading.

Whew!

NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1416 on: January 20, 2007, 04:54:52 am »
An early update to go with your breakfast pancakes!

I will be out and about for a while today due to it being the third Saturday of the month and I am starting a round of goodbyes and farewells to some folks I haven't seen, so an afternoon in Heidelberg.  I hope to get an update in later as well, but we shall see.

First, E & E

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203702.html  "26.  Time Enough for Love"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #1417 on: January 20, 2007, 07:19:05 am »
This chapter has so much fun!  Have I said how much I love Ennis & Ellery?  I believe so.  Great chapter as always, Louise.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1418 on: January 20, 2007, 10:47:57 am »

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203702.html  "26.  Time Enough for Love"

Hugh says: It was a fun chapter indeed!

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1419 on: January 20, 2007, 11:35:38 am »
How about this?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks again for a laugh to start my day, Jo!  Nicky just keeps getting more nicknames!

Thanks!  Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain