Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 955490 times)

injest

Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #1030 on: February 28, 2007, 11:17:14 pm »
Well, the truth goes like this...

It was a lovely snow-covered December Sunday morning when I went to visit "he who shall not be named" who remained in his house locked away like a june bug in aunt Tilley's root cellar when I suggested that we go see, "Brokeback Mountain" for the first time. At that suggestion, he acted like I poked him with a red-hot poker.

"He who shall not be named" tore around the house, kickin and screaming and putting up a such a huge fuss that I thought he would throw a hairball but, with a lot of persistance we were soon out the door and on our way to the theatre.

One hour later, after I paid for the tickets and his large pop and popcorn, "He who shall not be named" was crying silent tears and that, folks, was the start of a beautiful thang....

awww..."He who shall not be named" how sweet....why was he so opposed to seeing a lil ol cowboy movie??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1031 on: March 01, 2007, 07:50:08 am »
G'morning all

Breakfast menu's up and Andy's ready ta take yer order

Bottomless cuppa coffee's the rule here.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1032 on: March 01, 2007, 07:57:57 am »
David's right - Only learned this myself recently - All these years when I thought I was eatin turnip, was eatin rutabega!

Turnips are the size a apples (little ones), whereas rutabegas are large like a really large cantaloop - basically a poor man's turnip (they're also a little less sweet than the turnips)

Ahhh, Thank you Roland and David!  I'd never heard of them before.  By the way, cantaloops are called rockmelons here.

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1033 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:26 am »
Rutabaga Also Called "Swede"

Thank you Bryan!!!  Yes we have swedes here too!  Loathe them with a passion.  Hate turnips too. 

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1034 on: March 01, 2007, 05:26:07 pm »
I thought I'd offer up the special du jour early again yaday. Actually it was mentioned yesterday in exchanges withe Bryan, since it's his recipe (ehich he posted, and then deleted  :()

Chicken Breast Cubes
served with quarters of mushrooms in a creamy white sauce, on a bed a rice, and sweet peas on the side

It's actually quite a treat!
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Bryan

« Reply #1035 on: March 01, 2007, 06:27:22 pm »
It's sure sweet of you to call me, "a treat!" ::) ::)

Bryan

« Reply #1036 on: March 01, 2007, 06:41:05 pm »
BTW, does this place have an all-day breakfast?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1037 on: March 01, 2007, 06:48:28 pm »
It's sure sweet of you to call me, "a treat!" ::) ::)

The flavour of the meal!!! not the person who provided the recipe!!!, silly

BTW, does this place have an all-day breakfast?

Yup - ya want some bacon & eggs and/or pancakes?

Or just yer usual bottomless cuppa coffee?

Bryan

« Reply #1038 on: March 01, 2007, 06:51:51 pm »
I should let you know that I've been told that I have a very tasty looking face! But, heavens, bacon and eggs are for brunch while there is nothin better than a big ole strong cup of joe for breakfast! yum yum

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #1039 on: March 01, 2007, 07:06:29 pm »
Hey Bry! Get much snow downtown? Got me at least a foot's worth ta shovel later. Neighbours 've been shovelin away, but the wind's too strong fer my taste. Had me some trouble gettin up the slope a my driveway - sheer ice under that snow.

Gonna be takin the day off tamarow fer report cards. Prob'ly be public transitin it in ta get ma preperations in.