Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 1018772 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #3100 on: July 15, 2007, 10:31:53 am »
Mornin Jess - Got no plans (although I got a wasp nest right next to the house in the lilac tree - no sure how ta handle that one.)

Bryan was here yesterday fer the last time before his departure fer Australia on Wednesday (I'm leaving on Saturday).
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3101 on: July 15, 2007, 10:40:17 am »
Mornin Jess - Got no plans (although I got a wasp nest right next to the house in the lilac tree - no sure how ta handle that one.)

Bryan was here yesterday fer the last time before his departure fer Australia on Wednesday (I'm leaving on Saturday).

ACK!!!

jeepers....don't just throw that out there like that! give me some warning....

How long is Bryan gonna be gone again?

hey! who is gonna be watering your flowers while you are gone?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3102 on: July 15, 2007, 10:43:50 am »
Bryan will be done a little longer than me. I'll be back before he does.

Mother Nature's gonna be responsible fer takin care a the garden... Hope she does a good job!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3103 on: July 15, 2007, 10:45:34 am »
well I hope he has a fun and safe trip..I was looking forward to the embarrassing pics he was gonna post of you!  :( ;)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3104 on: July 15, 2007, 10:46:14 am »
Good morning from the beautiful mountain state of WEST Virginia! Using Earl's computer right now while he's digging in his rootcellar. This is a slow dialup line, so it's slow going to post.

We're about 2800' on the side of Spruce Mountain, which has the highest point in the state at 4860'.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

injest

« Reply #3105 on: July 15, 2007, 10:48:59 am »
Good morning from the beautiful mountain state of WEST Virginia! Using Earl's computer right now while he's digging in his rootcellar. This is a slow dialup line, so it's slow going to post.

dial up is all I have ever had. jeez can't imagine how many posts I would have if I didn't have to wait on the connection! LOL!!

how is it up there? nice and cool or does it get hot?

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #3106 on: July 15, 2007, 10:58:48 am »
It can get warm (I think it reached 90 at some point a couple of years ago), but it's usually 10-20 degrees (F) cooler than the DC area, which makes it pleasant. Though winter is another matter, since it can be snowed in here weeks on end. Orangy's running around barking his fool head off, he's probably chasing a groundhog.

It's in the upper 60's/lower 70's here right now. Sunny with some clouds. Friday afternoon was brilliantly sunny, yesterday a bit hazier. There might be some t'storms later this afternoon here.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:05:03 am by fritzkep »

injest

« Reply #3107 on: July 15, 2007, 11:03:32 am »
Has Orangy ever encountered a skunk? we have them here and every dog we have has had 'unfortunate' meetings with one.

injest

« Reply #3108 on: July 15, 2007, 11:05:24 am »
for that matter so has my husband  :laugh:

couldnt make him stay outside though... :P he said he owned the place so he was coming in!  ::) ::)

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #3109 on: July 15, 2007, 11:06:58 am »
Yes he has, twice. Both times out here in WV. He was banned from coming inside the cabin for many days each time. He seems to have learned his lesson, because he hasn't tried that again since he was a little puppy.