Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 972567 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #4180 on: November 07, 2007, 10:09:28 am »
bonjour!

how is the back this morning?

how did your ALF class go by the way?

Back's fine this morning (even though I only 4 (+ 1) hours sleep/nap overnight).

Lost 2 of my 3 games of pool last night

ALF class was fine. Seems the other ALF teacher thinks what I did was worth trying in her classes too (well for the grades 4 and 6 anyways).

You're not working today hunh? Just muckin around on the farm? That's good.  :)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #4181 on: November 07, 2007, 08:39:47 pm »
Back's fine this morning (even though I only 4 (+ 1) hours sleep/nap overnight).

Lost 2 of my 3 games of pool last night

ALF class was fine. Seems the other ALF teacher thinks what I did was worth trying in her classes too (well for the grades 4 and 6 anyways).
You're not working today hunh? Just muckin around on the farm? That's good.  :)

oh man! That HAD to make you feel good.

:) :)

sorry about the pool, though. You take that in spells don't you? One week you kill and the next...a little off...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4182 on: November 07, 2007, 09:01:31 pm »
It's suppose to be for fun - Like I tell the kids, winners are those who enjoyed themselves. Even if you win your game, you're a loser if it wasn't fun!

The other ALF teacher is only in her second year of teaching, and still in teacher's college, so, even though I was hoping to get pointers from her (cause she takes her classes a lot more seriously than I ever did, when I did it 2 years ago), I was able to find a resource she was unaware of. So in effect, I'm helping her out more than the other way 'round. - which is fine by me - just as long as no one expects miracles from me.

And the kids are really taking to my lessons like ducks in water - they're like games. Title of the book I'm using is "Rions en français" - Let laugh in french. Today's lesson has the group divided in two and each group has to beat the other one in how many excuses they can come up with for not doing their homework - alphabeticall

I accidentally fed the work to my dog
burned it accidentally when I started the oven
I crossed out all the words (accidentally) and couldn't make out what the homework consisted of

You get the picture?
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #4183 on: November 07, 2007, 09:05:03 pm »
It's suppose to be for fun - Like I tell the kids, winners are those who enjoyed themselves. Even if you win your game, you're a loser if it wasn't fun!

The other ALF teacher is only in her second year of teaching, and still in teacher's college, so, even though I was hoping to get pointers from her (cause she takes her classes a lot more seriously than I ever did, when I did it 2 years ago), I was able to find a resource she was unaware of. So in effect, I'm helping her out more than the other way 'round. - which is fine by me - just as long as no one expects miracles from me.

like teaching a Texas Housewife of Leisure to speak French??

;) ;) ;)

all those years of teaching counts for more than her schooling, Roland. She is lucky to have you to learn from. It is hard to find good dedicated teachers these days.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4184 on: November 07, 2007, 09:08:41 pm »
Check out my modified previous post!  ;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4185 on: November 07, 2007, 09:10:34 pm »
It is hard to find good dedicated teachers these days.

Well THIS supposedly dedicated teacher isn't going to finish off the year - I get to factor 85, and I'm outta there!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4186 on: November 07, 2007, 09:16:56 pm »
Funny thing happened at tonight's meeting after school ...

Everything I complained about concerning the installation of lunchtime tables for the kids in the gym is turning out.

The (very inefficient) janitor is still taking a very long time to clean up after lunch, and even with the help of a couple of grade sixes (not to mention he's always angry at them for being in his way), the lunchtime sports are in trouble. They get barely 20 minutes to play (out of their 40 minute recess). So the principal is proposing that, during the intermural games (Tuesdays to Thursdays), the kids are now to eat in their classroms, like they've had to do most of the last 20 years!

Well I told em so last year when they surprised me with this 'pilot project' (is that the word in english?)

Well I've only got less than 5 months to go, so what do I care anymore ...

Another thing is ... Kids have always had to have clean running shoes for phys ed classes, but, since they're not allowed back in the hallways to get their coats and outdoor shoes/boots, they get to bring em to the gym at lunchtime - actually wearing their outdoors shoes/boots while they eat - defeating the purpose of wearing clean shoes in classrooms and the gym. All n the name of those stupid lunchtime gym tables. Made/Makes me mad!

injest

« Reply #4187 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:22 pm »
Funny thing happened at tonight's meeting after school ...

Everything I complained about concerning the installation of lunchtime tables for the kids in the gym is turning out.

The (very inefficient) janitor is still taking a very long time to clean up after lunch, and even with the help of a couple of grade sixes (not to mention he's always angry at them for being in his way), the lunchtime sports are in trouble. They get barely 20 minutes to play (out of their 40 minute recess). So the principal is proposing that, during the intermural games (Tuesdays to Thursdays), the kids are now to eat in their classroms, like they've had to do most of the last 20 years!

Well I told em so last year when they surprised me with this 'pilot project' (is that the word in english?)

Well I've only got less than 5 months to go, so what do I care anymore ...

LOL!!

isn't that the always the way? The higher ups get their big ideas and won't listen to the people that actually know what the heck is going on!!

injest

« Reply #4188 on: November 07, 2007, 09:24:40 pm »

And the kids are really taking to my lessons like ducks in water - they're like games. Title of the book Ièm using is "Rions en français" - Let laugh in french. Today's lesson has the group divided in two and each group has to beat the other one in how many excusses they can come up with for not doing their homework - alphabeticall

I accidentally fed the work to my dog
I àburned it accidentaslly when I started the oven
I crossed out all the words (accidentally) and couldn't make out what the homework consisted of

You get the picture?

that does sound like fun, Roland.

injest

« Reply #4189 on: November 07, 2007, 09:37:05 pm »
well I have a quandary.

I am hurting. If I take a Tylenol, it will help but not completely. OR I can take the Vicodin and it will take care of the pain but make me sleep. If I had taken the Tylenol earlier I would be ok....but right now I guess I better hold off...