Author Topic: No one seems to know my name!  (Read 11297 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: No one seems to know my name!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 05:01:16 am »
I loved your story about how you got your name.  I always think fondly about our little Mandolin whenever I see your name.

Me too.  I love your Mandolin story, and know your name, Mandy.  A course some people like being called by their username too.  Chantie, yaadpie, henrypie, Courtpie, Elle, and of course, Ray.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 05:20:37 am »
I for one don't mind anyone calling me by screen name or my real name.  I'm really flexible that way.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 05:29:46 am »
I for one don't mind anyone calling me by screen name or my real name.  I'm really flexible that way.

Okily dokily, Raymond LESLIE.   :o

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 05:50:49 pm »
My favorite nickname is hpie.  Hee hee.  I went to a preppy prep school where all the girls with their lacrosse-hewn calves and abs would prance about calling each other by their last names (like the boys at the boys' school across the street, because of course to be truly prep is to be male, and the next best thing is to strive toward androgyny in at least certain regards) or nasty preppy nicknames like Muffy and Buffy, and I always wished I had a name that could be nicknamified.  (The only thing you can really do with Sarah is Sally -- blaa! not my name!)   During one of my many, um, embroidering-the-truth phases, I convinced a few of the popular girls that my real name was Saraline, because my parents couldn't decide between Sarah and Caroline, so my name Sarah was in fact short for something.  Then I plunged back into dorkdom when I admitted it wasn't true.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 12:25:22 am »
I could call you sarahline, but I'd rather call you hpie! (And stacey, sparkle. And Chris, slayers (though I don't as much as I think it). And ray, ray. and Clarissa, Elle.)  I love the nickname/screenname world. I love stepping into my newyearsdayness (though you should all still call me Jenny!)

night brokies 'cross the world (though most of us are sleeping or doing other things...) See you tomorrow/Saturday!  :D :D :D

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 12:36:47 am »
Isn't that funny how we'd rather use usernames for some people, but real names for others? Please no one call me cmr! I'm Courtney! (Courtpie is good too though...)