Author Topic: Why I Love CASSIE  (Read 7705 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Why I Love CASSIE
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 02:39:51 pm »
Thanks, but it's true! OK, here's an embarrassing confession: I actually lay awake last night trying to think of new subjects for threads. Everything I thought of we had already done. Yet I can't stop talking about this stuff.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 02:59:38 pm »
Great threads, rt! Thanks for that!

hey little,

THANKS, and plenty more to come. 

But wait -- what about Cassie's shoes when she walks up to the jukebox? 

rt

LOL yeah those shoes are pretty amazing as well... I don't doubt her feet hurt, I can barely stand all day long in tennis shoes at my job, I can only imagine wearing those babys!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

rtprod

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 03:07:43 pm »
actually lay awake last night trying to think of new subjects for threads.

HEHE.  I just wanted to liven things up here today, so I threw six topics up to see what would stick....

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 03:22:01 pm »
Great threads, rt! Thanks for that!

hey little,

THANKS, and plenty more to come. 

But wait -- what about Cassie's shoes when she walks up to the jukebox? 

rt

LOL yeah those shoes are pretty amazing as well... I don't doubt her feet hurt, I can barely stand all day long in tennis shoes at my job, I can only imagine wearing those babys!

I actually had a pair of espadrilles of a very similar style, probably in about that time period (I bought mine in 1977) and they were very comfortable, actually.

Of course, nowadays, all I wear are sandals or clogs.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 04:06:11 pm »
Something tells me those shoes were also a fixer to get Cardellini closer to Ledger's height for the dancing, etc., though she still looks petite and short next to him.

rt

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 08:44:44 pm »
When is the Cassie Jukebox outfit going to hit Ebay?  I'm ready to snipe at the last minute. O0
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

rtprod

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 02:36:43 am »
Yes, the eBay wardrobe has been a little slow these days, hasn't it?  And yeah, watch out for that tube top!  LOL.

rt    ;D

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 02:42:13 am »
You are your "evil moods", rt, LOVE 'em  ;D

Really gone to bed this time.. lol

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 02:56:48 am »
I love Cassie too.  I have often wondered why Linda Cardellini hasn't been on panels and talk shows with the other four.  I see her as significant too.  I think it's a marriage bias - the two leads and their "wives" get invited on Oprah, for example. 

I had never heard of Linda Cardellini before BBM (or practically anyone in the movie - the one I knew best was Randy Quaid!)  She is beautiful and a heck of an actress.  The difference between the lit up, alluring Cassie we first meet, and the sad lil punkin we last see are very different.  I've been TiVoing her ever since.

LakeStupid

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 03:14:35 am »
You should check out the Freaks & Geeks series, Clarissa.  I was a huge fan of the show way before I even knew about Brokeback Mountain, and Linda Cardellini (the star of the show) was actually the person I wanted to see the film most for.

Freaks & Geeks is, easily, one of the top cult classic shows ever made and Linda does one hell of a job in it.  If you are unaware of the premise... it is about two groups of people, one of which this girl is a part of and the other of which her brother is a part of... and their struggle as misfits trying to make it through high school in 1980 Michigan.

Wonderful show.