Author Topic: Slightly OT: Another shout-out to Roberta Maxwell - Dead Man Walking  (Read 2261 times)

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Working from home (sort of) - I have Dead Man Walking on, which I have not seen in almost 10 years, and who is playing Dead Man Walking Sean Penn's mother, but Roberta Maxwell, in yet another small (but not as small) and OUTSTANDING performance.  Why do we not see this woman more?

In related Six Degrees of Jake Gyllenhaal Film Separation, I just watched a scene where Susan Sarandon visits one of the murder victim's (the young man) father, and they briefly show pictures on the wall.  I realized (and checked on IMDB) that the young man is none other than Peter Saarsgard!  Sorry if this has ever been mentioned before, but this was all news to me!

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Slightly OT: Another shout-out to Roberta Maxwell - Dead Man Walking
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:35:27 pm »
Working from home (sort of) - I have Dead Man Walking on, which I have not seen in almost 10 years, and who is playing Dead Man Walking Sean Penn's mother, but Roberta Maxwell, in yet another small (but not as small) and OUTSTANDING performance.  Why do we not see this woman more?

In related Six Degrees of Jake Gyllenhaal Film Separation, I just watched a scene where Susan Sarandon visits one of the murder victim's (the young man) father, and they briefly show pictures on the wall.  I realized (and checked on IMDB) that the young man is none other than Peter Saarsgard!  Sorry if this has ever been mentioned before, but this was all news to me!

Also saw her as a judge in the movie Philadelphia.  Almost didn't recognize her.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Slightly OT: Another shout-out to Roberta Maxwell - Dead Man Walking
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:47:23 pm »
She's great...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters