Author Topic: Favorite facial expressions?  (Read 28079 times)

EnnisDelMar

Re: YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR'S EXPRESSIONS in the film
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:31 pm »
1.. Jack looking at Ennis after the reunion kiss..when he's going back to the apartment.
     He looks stunned to the core.

I agree with that one... I love that face...

The other ones for me are

1. Jack's eyebrow raise during "Or I might be back, if the Army don't get me"

2. The laugh/smile on Jack's face after Ennis says "you'd probably deserve it" when Jack talks about the ranch forman's wife and how he's afraid he'll get shot.  That laugh is so bittersweet and it breaks my heart everytime because I know what's coming after it...

3. The look on Ennis's face when he first goes into the tent in the second tent scene, when Jack takes his hat away

Ohh Mandy those are all my favorite too..hell all the facial expressions are great

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 03:19:21 pm »
My all-time favorite expression is the one Jack makes when he clicks his rodeo belt in front of Ennis.  

That, and when Ennis rejects Jack after the divorce, Jack's changing expression, as his smile fades and he gets this "look" on his face, his tongue slightly sticking out of his mouth.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 03:37:00 pm »
I have a few favorites, but the most FAVORITE expression for me is from Heath's Ennis.

Reunion scene: Ennis is looking outside of the window waiting for Jack and playing the lighter.  I think I fall in love with Heath/Ennis at that moment.

BTW, if someone has that image, would you send it to me?  Many thanks!  I couldn't find one.  Tried to do a screen capture, but it won't work.  :(

This one Jenny?

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 03:57:44 pm »

This one Jenny?

Yeaaaaaah! 

Thanks so much! You are too good to me ... :-*

Updates:

DeeDee

I have put the picture up as my avatar.  Probably need to check with Phillip to see if I can make it a little bit bigger.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 04:22:34 pm by JennyC »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 04:31:13 pm »
All of the ones mentioned so far are great, of course.  I guess if I have to pick my *most* favorite for each, it's ones also already mentioned:

Jack:  The eyebrow raise and abject hope when he says, "But I may be back...  If the Army don't get me."

Ennis:  The way his face lights up when he sees Jack's truck pulling up to the apartment - I fell in love with Ennis in that scene, too

*Very close* runners-up:

Jack:  The look on his face just as the wheels are turning just before he asks Ennis "Your brother and sister do right by you?"

The look on his face after he asks the bartender if he knows "that girl over there," he tells him her Dad basically has a lot of money, and he looks back at her again to see her getting up to approach him.

The look on his face right before he takes that almost spiteful drag of his cigarette while peeling potatoes - kind of in between the sigh and the drag (and I *love* the way the cigarette dangles there.  Oh, to be that cigarette...  ;))

The way he grins closed-mouthed at LaShawn while she "talks a blue streak" on the dance floor

The stunned look he has after Randall says "... do a little fishin'...  ya know?"

I could go on all day...

Ennis:  The glance he gives Jack right after he says, "My daddy says rodeo riders are a bunch o' fuck-ups"

The grin he gives the Basque after he says, "Too early in the summer to be sick o' soup" (on second thought - that was when I fell in love with Ennis - the face lighting up scene just sealed the deal)

Those black onyx eyes of his on fire and not daring to meet Jack's during the second tent scene

Oh, hell, I could go on all day here, too...
No more beans!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 04:35:42 pm »

This one Jenny?

Yeaaaaaah! 

Thanks so much! You are too good to me ... :-*

Updates:

DeeDee

I have put the picture up as my avatar.  Probably need to check with Phillip to see if I can make it a little bit bigger.  Thanks again!

No problem!  Aren't we here to help with our addictions?  ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 05:07:48 pm »
 :) ok this is so easy:

Jack - when Ennis hugs him from behind and his eyes are closed, saying he's sleeping on his feet like a horse - the most peaceful look on both of their faces, but especially Jack's - just breathtaking in its simplicity and what it doesn't say

Ennis - when they are by the fire drinking and right before he says " looks like my daddy was right" the smile was just gorgeous and so unforced - looks like they had a lot fun making the movie too
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 07:48:26 pm »
1. Jack's eyebrow raise at "I might be back..."

2. Both of their faces at "You'll run them sheep off again if you don't quiet down."

3. Smile spreading across Ennis' face as he sees Jack pull up for the reunion.

I could do many more, but I figure this way I have two for each of them. ;D (I also agree with all the others that have been said.)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 07:57:57 pm »
Jeez, the whole movie...oh, just one?  My favorite?  Too many to name.  I'll throw out -

Jack when he's lying on the mountainside and Ennis comes up to him, after the 1st tent scene.  You see Jack's expression run through a whole gamut of emotions.

Jack's face as he's about to go lasso Ennis.

Jack's face in the dozy embrace scene. *sigh*

moremojo

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 08:00:14 pm »
So difficult to choose, but here are a couple of my favorites, one for Heath-as-Ennis, and another for Jake-as-Jack:

Ennis: That bashful little smile he throws at Jack, after uttering, "You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity." Oh God, that is adorable.

Jack: That ear-to-ear grin he sports when seeing Ennis in the reunion scene. I think Jack is at his cutest in this sequence.