Author Topic: Favorite facial expressions?  (Read 28174 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR'S EXPRESSIONS in the film
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 08:04:21 pm »
For Heath I love the starting scenes while Ennis waits for Aguirre to arrive. He looked so full of apprehension. The few seconds right before Jack drives up, Ennis sucks at his lower lip is a detail that sticks in my mind for some reason.

For Jake, I can't decide between "I might be back" and his perfect peaceful face as Ennis rides off during the flashback scene.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 09:03:08 pm »
Yeah, all of those.

Ennis to Jack's "the hell they are" comment about the character of rodeo coyboys
Jack's "shit, that's hard"face
Ennis-in the window waiting for Jack, Ennis when he hears Jack's truck
Jack-chuckling over the "if I was lucky that harmonica woulda broke in two"
Ennis's smile with the "you're gonna run them sheep off again if you don't quiet down"
The Basques-little grin when "it's too early in the summer to be sick a beans"
Ruby'incredulous expression when she realizes she has seen this movie so often that she can pretty much quote the whole flippin thing.

O0

Heathen

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 09:10:34 pm »
Yeah, all of those.

Ennis to Jack's "the hell they are" comment about the character of rodeo coyboys
Jack's "shit, that's hard"face
Ennis-in the window waiting for Jack, Ennis when he hears Jack's truck
Jack-chuckling over the "if I was lucky that harmonica woulda broke in two"
Ennis's smile with the "you're gonna run them sheep off again if you don't quiet down"
The Basques-little grin when "it's too early in the summer to be sick a beans"
Ruby'incredulous expression when she realizes she has seen this movie so often that she can pretty much quote the whole flippin thing.

O0

We're a sad bunch aren't we RouxB? ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 09:20:16 pm »
Every.  Single.  Friggin'.  One.

And how about the one we didn't see?  When Jr.'s face is glowing with happiness that her daddy is gonna come to her wedding...I keep seeing Jack's face alight with utter joy,  if Ennis had ever said yes to a life with him.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 09:27:09 pm »
Every.  Single.  Friggin'.  One.

And how about the one we didn't see?  When Jr.'s face is glowing with happiness that her daddy is gonna come to her wedding...I keep seeing Jack's face alight with utter joy,  if Ennis had ever said yes to a life with him.

As the Grinch would say, now that's a sight I really *must* see.  Not in this movie, because it wouldn't be the same movie.  Maybe just in a private screening?   ;)
No more beans!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 11:04:29 pm »
Single most favorite Ennis/Heath: When Ennis comes out on the landing outside the apartment and looks down at Jack in the parking lot.

Single most favorite Jack/Jake: In bed in the motel, when he says, "Hell yes, I did. Red-lined it all the way, couldn't get here fast enough." (Love the way he laughs at his own feeble attempt to lie.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 11:20:20 pm »
You can make it HUGE: just click on it..
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 12:40:26 am »
You can make it HUGE: just click on it..

I love this pic, even if it's just Ennis.  The small details - Jack's fingernails being dirty -  IMO just makes these characters and this scene so vivid.  They've been roughing it in the mountains for weeks, they clean as best they can, but they're still going to smell of earth, sheep and horses, their own bodies and male lust, the tent is going to have its own odor, mildew and dampness, the scent of pinyon pine from the trees, the smell of woodsmoke on their skin and in their hair...

Ye gods...is it hot in here?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 04:47:40 am »
I love that picture too.  Thanks for posting it.  I remember the first time you (I think it was you) posted a ling to it, you called it "dirty thumbnail," and I thought it was going to be a tiny (thumbnail) picture of something sexy!

Expressions -

Heath - The look after "sit around tying knots all day" and looking up from washing the coffeepot.  And the exhausted, hurt, underfed, uptight look when he's first leaning against Aguirre's trailer.  And when he's starting to chug like a freight train when Alma's talking about the creel case.  And his "What?" look after talking about Worland.  And right after he says, "Del Mar" as Cassie's dragging him onto the dance floor.  And when he says, "Looks like I got the message in any case."  Oh wait - my superfave - when he comes up for air during the reunion kiss and his shirt is disheveled.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 09:27:21 am »
As I read this thread, I keep going, "Oh yeah, that one!" "Oh, and that one, too!" I really love all of Ennis' expressions, and many of Jack's.

And ... Del!!!

They've been roughing it in the mountains for weeks, they clean as best they can, but they're still going to smell of earth, sheep and horses, their own bodies and male lust, the tent is going to have its own odor, mildew and dampness, the scent of pinyon pine from the trees, the smell of woodsmoke on their skin and in their hair...

Wow! Very novelistic -- reading it, I am IN that tent. Do more of those!