Author Topic: Another Brokeback 20 Q's  (Read 9467 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Another Brokeback 20 Q's
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:17:57 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off?

2) Does your job get tiresome?

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance?

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope?

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth?

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?

10) What was your dad right about?

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?

15) You been to Mexico?

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?

20) Are you the swearing kind?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Re: Another Brokeback 20 Q's
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 11:37:58 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off? No, they tolerated me well into adulthood.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Occasionally sure, but overall I'll have to admit that as jobs go it's pretty pleasant.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? I like clothes, but I'm too stingy to spend huge amounts of money on them.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? My dad, along with a couple of friends I failed to stay in touch with.

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? Not really. I'm usually up for an outing.

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? Yes, a number of times, but without much success. Unless you can kick them in the face, they tend not to listen.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? I haven't really tried it -- too shy.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? I'm not a big believer in Heaven (or, for that matter, Hell).

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? I played the piano as a child, but at this point I'd probably run the sheep off.

10) What was your dad right about? Pretty much everything, I realized belatedly.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? I'm not a good saver, so I mainly just hope for the best.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? Over the past week or so, yes, but only in hopes of selling it. Before that, no. When I realized my occupation of this place would be temporary, I didn't bother even to unpack some of my paintings.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas? Yes, no.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? I like to think so, though it doesn't always work. When it does, I'm enchanted.

15) You been to Mexico? Just for an afternoon, walking across the bridge from El Paso to Juarez (not for the same purpose Jack went there, BTW).

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside? Um ... I'm not that close to my uncles.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? I've never been involved in a church.

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important? I have, on a number of  occasions, broken rules I didn't believe in.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? Apparently so, but I'd sure rather not.

20) Are you the swearing kind? I do cuss sometimes, but when it comes to swearing in the commitment sense, I think behavior is more important than vows.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:29 am »
I got the hell out of there the second I turned 18.

Which one?  :laugh:  Yeah, they get tiresome sometimes.

No. I love clothes. If I really like something, I'll buy it no matter how expensive it is.

My Mom. She died in September 2003. I miss her every day.  :'(

No. People drop by all the time. I love my friends and they are welcome here any time they want! And if they aren't here, I'm probably over at one of their houses.

Probably not. I cuss enough for everybody.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?
Yes, and yes. 'Nuf said!  ;)  But they do it to me too!

I sure hope so.

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?
I've played the piano, violin and cello ever since I was about 8 years old, so I hope I'm at least decent on them. I also play a little banjo and guitar.

God. Just about everything.

I'm saving, but I'm not sure what I'm saving for. Maybe to buy my own business someday.

I guess so. I'd like to get some new furniture for the basement though.

I'm not from Texas and yes I drink coffee. Too much of it in fact. I'm very hyper and all that coffee doesn't help.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?
I'm pretty good with an ELECTRIC can opener! Yes, I am very good at getting people to open up.

15) You been to Mexico?
Yes. Twice. Cancun and Alcapulco.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?
Of course I would. And my lover would understand. He might even come with me! He flew down to New Orleans with my last fall to attend my aunts funeral.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?
Dear God NOOOOO!!!!

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?
Break the rules probably.

No. I couldn't.

Shit Damn and Hell Yes!!!  :D

Great questions Katherine!!! Thanks!!  :D

Edited because I didn't understand the can opener question correctly!  >:(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:41:41 am by David »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 01:52:02 am »
1) Did your folks run you off?  Nope, I'm 46 years old and my Dad still keeps my room exactly like I left it.  Bob and I sleep in there when we visit Daddy

2) Does your job get tiresome?  Sometimes, but I like research.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Not when I was younger, but these days yep

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? My Mother

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? Nope I'm easy

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth?  Yes, it was not pretty

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? Yes & Yes

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? I believe so yes

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? Nope I'm musically challenged and am very envious of those who can

10) What was your dad right about?  Everything

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?  Yes

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? We think so, we like it

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas? Yes I drink coffee & no I'm not from Texas

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? Yes, I'm a good listener and very empathetic

15) You been to Mexico?  Yes

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  No I'd take him with me

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? No I do not enjoy church socials, not even when I was a kid...personally I've always found the fire and brimstone crowd to be rather hypocritcal....we'd smarten up and head out to the roadhouse instead....

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  Hell yeah I am a natural born anarchist,  Question Authority at every opportunity

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  I could but I would not be happy about it.

20) Are you the swearing kind? Sometimes, if very angry or provoked my language can get rather colorful
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 09:09:06 am »
1) Did your folks run you off? No, I left home to enter a monastery of my own accord, with my parent's blessing.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Sometimes, but I'm looking forward to retiring next year, and that tends to negate any tiresomeness. There's light at the end of the tunnel!

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Not sure what this means?

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? He knows who he is!!!

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? Yes!

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? No.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? No.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? I'll just send up a little prayer and let you know.

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? I'm so unmusical, I can't even play a gramophone!

10) What was your dad right about? My Dad was a very gentle, compassionate man, who kept his opinions to himself.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? Yes, and I'll probably be getting it in the next year or so.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? Yes, I recently had two different visitors ask if my place had been professionally decorated. I found that enormously flattering, because the decorator is me!

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas? I'm a tea drinker. Not fond of coffee. Must be from Texas, hunh!

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? I'm a very good listener.

15) You been to Mexico? I've been to Darlinghurst, which is the Sydney equivalent of Mexico, in the BBM sense.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside? There's not much I can do for a dying man, so I'll stick with the one with the pulse!

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? Sure, Metropolitan Community Church put on real fun socials!

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important? Absolutely! So long as I was sure I wouldn't get caught!

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? Quality, not quantity. If it was with Ennis, absolutely!

20) Are you the swearing kind? Usually only with neuter objects.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:18:49 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:54:54 am »
1) Did your folks run you off?  In a way.  They insisted I go to college, which was fine by me because I always wanted to go anyway.

2) Does your job get tiresome?  Yes, at times.  But it generally doesn't make my feet hurt or my hair smell like cigarette smoke.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance?  Plenty.  Not much of a clothes horse.  Every now and then, though, I've been known to partake in a little Retail Therapy, followed shortly thereafter by Buyer's Remorse.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  My Mom and my Mother-In-Law.  It really is true that only the good die young.

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope?  Kind of.  I'm not much of a church social sort of person and don't do much traveling.

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth?  I'm usually the one who gets confronted for that.   :o

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?  Not in order to pick someone up - just being friendly - taking turns buying rounds sort of thing.  And yes, it worked - we both got drunk.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  As far as I know, there is no Heaven.  But yes, there are plenty of interesting things up in the sky.

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  I've attempted to play several and run the sheep off (somewhere) every time.

10) What was your dad right about?  Just about everything except his choices for President.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?  Saving for a place on the beach someday.  And my son's college education.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  No.  But I bet I could if I put my mind to it.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  Yes, and NO.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  I'm GREAT with a can-opener.  People just seem to want to tell me their life stories.  Guess I'm the sympathetic type.  It takes an industrial-strength one to work on me, though - generally a revelatory movie or some such.

15) You been to Mexico?  Yeah, I been to Mexico.  Is there a problem?  (Cozumel on my honeymoon.)

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  Depends on who my new lover is.  If he looks anything like Ennis, HELL no.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  To be with the Fire and Brimstone crowd?  No, thanks.  I'll stay home and watch old Kojak reruns.

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  If the rules were unfair, yes.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  Depends, again, on who I'm f*cking.  Generally, yes.  But if I were desperately in love, no.

20) Are you the swearing kind?  F*ck yeah.  Oh.  And the promising kind, too.
No more beans!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:31:54 am »

Insert Quote
1) Did your folks run you off?.  Yes I moved from my hometown to Los Angeles to find a job.  I was barely 17, and my dad suggested I do so...

2) Does your job get tiresome?  I no longer have a job..im retired

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance?  Yes I have resistance.  I cant afford the fancy stuff, and I wear pretty much the same style all the time...with dress up stuff,  and pretty much the same stuff for casual.  I try to vary color..Im prone to buy something i like, in several colors....

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  My brother

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope?  Sort of, ive had a standing meeting with an old friend for several weeks now..and I have been so into brokie stuff we still havent gotten together. 

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth....I have to do it with my son.  But my husband is always telling me I sound like a sailor.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? No I dont believe I ever have.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  As far as I know, there is no Heaven.  But yes, there are plenty of interesting things up in the sky.  I agree with that one totally

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  I think ive said this before, The only instrument I play is the stereo, or the radio....does that count........

10) What was your dad right about?    .Be honest and tell the truth

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?  Nope

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  I have, but not this one.....

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  Yes I drink coffee, and I will drink green tea when i am ill.  but god i hate tea...My family was one of the first to settle the state of Texas, but no i dont live there, nor have I ever.  My family is the genesis of the story of the lost children and women stolen ,,and then found  ie "the searchers. "  the girl was Cynthia Ann Parker.. My grandmothers maiden name... this is something Leslie Mainwriter and i discussed at great length.  Because of the intersection with her fanfic.  A love born from Steel.  She chose the town of Quanah for the locale of the ranch the boys settled on....and Quanah was her son...

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  Maybe I am a good can opener..I got you to open a bit......??

15) You been to Mexico?  Yeah, I been to Mexico.  Is there a problem?  Well barely;  Tijuana a few times

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  Well I guess theres nothing I can do about it...up here

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  To be with the Fire and Brimstone crowd?  Not likely...I might do something else, but not in church...

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  I would and have.  But it has to be for more than food.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? .  No....Im not Ennis either.

20) Are you the swearing kind?  You bet.  Shit yeah.

Great fun Katherine, good questions. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:53:47 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 03:11:39 pm »

Well, my Dad ran himself off with another woman. My Mom ran me off more times than I care to count! LOL

Lord Yes!
Yeah, I hate to shop and will wear the same ole crap for as long as it holds together and fits reasonably well.

My Nannie

Hell no, I'm easy.

Yes

I don't know. I was probably drunk when I did it.

I hope so.

I can't carry a tune in a bucket. If I tried I'd run everything off that had ears to hear.

not much.

Somthing else Big

Workin on it.

I drink Coffee

Yes. I have been told I'm easy to talk to.

15) You been to Mexico?
Yes, I been a Mexico. Didn't have no fun though!

Hell no! Uncle harold can fend for himself!

No. Been there done that still in therapy!

Eat them suckers!
Well, I have been with no f*cks a year so I guess so.

Yep!

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 08:56:06 pm »

Nope, and they didn't run themselves off, either.

Oh yeah.

depends on the day.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no!

All the Brokies I've met at all the get togethers I've been to

Nope!  My appointment book is flexible.  Give a holla!

No, that would make me a hypocrit.   :laugh:

Not a rodeo clown, but yes.  and yes.

sure.

Nope, can't play anything.

everything

a ranch.....hmmmm...perhaps

Maybe not "real" nice, but it's me.

Not from Texas,  but don't drink coffee.  Hot Chocolate please.

Sometimes, if the person is feeling comfortable.

15) You been to Mexico?

Nope

My dad is one of 13 kids.  If I ran everytime one of them was sick, I'd have no time to myself.    :laugh:

Not to that hellfire and brimstone crowd.

wow.  depends on the circumstances.

Nope.  

Sure!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 09:40:02 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off? No, I was always welcome.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Yes.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Yes.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? My ex-husband

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? No.

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? Yes.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? No.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? Yes, I believe there is a new earth.

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? No, but I can sing okay.

10) What was your dad right about? He could always fix my car, which came in handy a lot.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? No, I can't save anything--I have to buy gas.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? No. It has potential, tho.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas? I drink coffee.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? Sometimes.

15) You been to Mexico? No.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside? Maybe.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? Maybe.

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important? Maybe.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? Yes, but I'd rather get by with a couple a week.
20) Are you the swearing kind? Only when driving.

Geez, I'm boring.   :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 09:43:28 pm »
Thanks, ineedcrayons (latjoreme). That was fun! ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 07:29:08 am »
 :P
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:23:32 pm by dagi »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 07:55:36 am »
6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? Hell if I knew what slop-bucket means, I´d answer the question...

LOL, That is so funny! :laugh:
If you don't know I'll tell you.
Slop is what is fed to pigs. Left over table scaps, rotten milk rancid butter etc. And of course a slop bucket is the receptical that holds the slop. So, if you have a slop bucket mouth, you have a really dirty mouth AKA use a lot of foul language! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Dagi

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:05 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for telling me, loneleeb!

Dagi

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 02:20:33 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off?  No. I wish they had.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Sometimes, of course.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Plenty. I'm not into clothes at at all.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? Nobody

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? No, I'm easy and flexible regarding dates with friends

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? Sort of. But the reason was harassment, not the foul language. Of course, these two often come as a pair  >:(

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? No

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? Sure.

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? No-hooo! I'd sure run 'em off if I tried  :laugh:

10) What was your dad right about? "Once you've reached thirty (years), time begins to run."

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? Yes, renovating our baking house and opening a shop there.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? :laugh: No, not at all. We still live with (part of) the furniture we bought when we first moved out from home, we even have shelves our living room, that once belonged to my childhood room. Every time we have the choice between buying something nice for the house or having an extra vacany, we both vote for the vacancy.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas? I drink coffee.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? Yes.

15) You been to Mexico? No. But I love going south, where it's warm.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside? No. But I had one uncle which I was close to. Maybe for him.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? No way!

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important? Of course. Have done it repeated times.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? Guess so, if I had to. But I prefer not to find out for sure  ;D

20) Are you the swearing kind? Sometimes.

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 11:25:55 am »

Nope!

Sometimes. Translating 150 page research reports about cigarettes when I think they are the most evil things ever created, yes, gets tiresome.

Huh? About taking them off?  ???

My Afghan hound Muscha who died years and years ago.

Nope, not at all. I hardly ever plan things.

Nope.

Noooooo! *giggles*

I don't believe in heaven and hell. I think the whole idea was created to scare people.

No, don't play an instrument. I used to play the flute and I ran my sister off for good, she now lives in a different country than I do. LOL.

Not much, to be honest. He is the sweetest daddy in the world, though, and he means well....

I am saving all my creative energy for writing a children's book that my boyfriend is gonna illustrate.

As nice as we can, yes!

I'm from Texas!

No I am not good with a can opener because I have Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Hurts like hell when I try to open a can....  >:(

15) You been to Mexico?

Nope, was close to it when I lived in LA though...

Depends on how close I am to uncle Harold.

That fire and brimstone crowd? Nah thank you.

Yes, I am a rule-breaker.

Yes, if it's my soul mate it doesn't matter

Yup.

Offline nova20194

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 01:10:54 pm »

Nope.  They even helped me get through college, even though they only had $24 in a coffee can.

YUP.

I hate shopping for clothes.

Jake Gyllenhaal.

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the Pope?

Nope.  I’m easy.

Nope.  It’s nobody’s business but theirs.  I do, however, yell at people for driving slow in the left lane.

Nope.  N/A.

I sure hope so.

Nothing I’d admit to.

I don’t recall him being particularly wrong about anything.

11) Are you savin' for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?

Just retirement.

I paint once in a while, and hang things on the walls, but I’m not much of a handyman.

I drink coffee.  I like it strong, and sometimes flavored.

Nope.

15) You been to Mexico?

Yup, a few times.  I gotta go where it’s warm.

Depends on how hot my lover is.  (Just kidding).

If they served alcohol.

Eat 'em.

I guess so.  That would make my love life a couple times better than it is now.

Abso - f**king - lutely!

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 01:24:23 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off?No I can go bother them anytime I want

2) Does your job get tiresome? sometimes, but over all it's great

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? none whatsoever

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it? My father, he just died 5/19/07

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? no, I'm easy to get to see at the office or at home

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? yes

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work? yes, and yes

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven? Not a real believer in Heaven so I don't know

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good? Play the acoustic guitar and generally the sheep just stand there looking at me when I play.

10) What was your dad right about? How to live life

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? not at the moment

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice? still working on it a tiny bit at a time

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  Coffee and tea drinker but not from Texas

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up? Usually

15) You been to Mexico? no, not yet

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside? Depends on how well I liked Uncle Harold

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social? NO

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  Yes

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year? No Way

20) Are you the swearing kind? at times

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 01:43:35 pm »

UntamedFriesian
           Hey there you.. Havent seen you for a long time.  Nice to see you pop in.  Hope to see you more often...Its been ages.............................janice

Beautiful mind

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 02:19:51 pm »
Hey Janice

It has been a long time, had to take a 3 mo. leave of absence from work to go to Florida for a family emergency.  just got back about a week ago and am trying to get my life and my work back on track.  Hope to catch up with you in chat soon.  Thanks for missing me!   ;D

Nico

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 02:42:03 pm »

Sorry to hear about your troubles friend...Hope you have it all back in order again...How did you
manage your animals with all that long absence...?  Looking forward to talking soon.     janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 03:06:31 pm »
Hey there, Fresian - glad to see you back around these parts!

I'm from Tennessee...

Me too!!

1) Did your folks run you off?  No, but to copy Lee , my dad ran himself off.

2) Does your job get tiresome?  Almost always lately.

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance?  Absolutely - I didn't get the shopping gene.

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  My grandmother and someone else I shouldn't a let outta my sight.

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope?  Not at all!

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth?  Sure enough.

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?  No, not brave enough...I start with conversation.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  Absolutely - stars and planets and comets and moons and Gene Rodenberry and Timothy Leary and... :D

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  I play piano, but the sheep would run off when I practice...recently taken up the harmonica!  ;)

10) What was your dad right about?  Not much.

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big?  Yes, but I'm not exactly sure what or why.

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  No, I am transient.

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  I only like coffee on special occasions - vacation mornings with Bailey's - otherwise, it's tea for me.

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  Sometimes, just depends on the person...

15) You been to Mexico?  A coupla times...San Felipe was where I had my first fish taco.

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  There is only one 'uncle' living I care a lot about - he's really my mom's nephew, but we always call him 'Uncle' because he's about 20 years older than me.  I'd do anything Uncle Stanley needed.

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  Not on your effin life.  That sounded harsh - I mean, 'Not likely.'

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  I break stupid rules frequently.

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  Now I'm copying ineedcrayons!  Apparently, but I don't like it.

20) Are you the swearing kind? Sometimes
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 10:12:42 pm »
This is so excellent!!!  You are the first Brokie I've ever met in my home state - until now the nearest ones were in Georgia!!

I wasn't born here, but spent my high school years at Franklin County in Winchester, TN.  My very best friend went to MTSU.  And I live very close to the TN/AL border - I actually work in Hunsville, AL at the moment.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »
1) Did your folks run you off?  No I was always welcome.

2) Does your job get tiresome? Yes they both do lately but the money is too useful

3) When it comes to clothes, do you have any resistance? Yes

4) Who do you miss so much you can hardly stand it?  Sadly no one

5) Is getting together with you like seeing the pope? Sometimes yes

6) Have you ever confronted someone for speaking with a slop-bucket mouth? erm...I do enuf cussin' for several people

7) Have you ever offered to buy a rodeo clown -- or other person you didn't know well -- a drink? Did it work?  No, no.

8 ) As far as you know, is there anything interesting up there in Heaven?  There better be

9) Do you play an instrument? Do you run the sheep off with it, or are you pretty good?  No, and if I did, I'd get shot at

10) What was your dad right about? A lot

11) Are you savin for a ranch yourself -- or something else big? Only for my retirement

12) Have you fixed up your place real nice?  I like it, but I still have boxes of stuff which I have never unpacked

13) Do you drink coffee, or are you from Texas?  I'm addicted, no

14) Are you pretty good with a can opener -- by which I mean, are you good at getting other people to open up?  No I'm pretty shy

15) You been to Mexico?  My brother has

16) Your Uncle Harold is sick, maybe even dying. Do you leave your new lover to be at his bedside?  What lover?

17) If you were bored on a Saturday night, would you smarten up to go to a church social?  Nope

18) Guard the sheep or eat em? That is, would you break the rules if it seemed important?  If it was important, eat em

19) Could you get by on a couple of high-altitude f*cks a year?  Apparently yes

20) Are you the swearing kind?  I try not to