Author Topic: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?  (Read 47378 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:31:38 pm »
I am on a campaign to try and get the lurkers to get into our great big welcoming family.  If you're new here or if you've never posted much, why not hit the reply key and just say hi... or anything.  Sometimes people assume that tight knit groups of people aren't welcome to outsiders, but I guarantee you most of us never knew each other 4-5 months ago.  Great new online friendships start with a "hello" and in just a short time, great communities like this are built!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 11:26:45 pm by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

rtprod

Re: Can We Get the New People to Say Hi?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 04:34:47 pm »
That's true -- wonder what initiative we can think of to get them involved?  I think many times people feel like they don't have something to add to the conversations that hasn't already been said, which is just silly. 

Let's hear it!  Jump in, the water is fine.

No one here bites (anymore, that is).   ;D

rt
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 04:37:30 pm by rtprod »

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:59:03 pm »
I think many times people feel like they don't have something to add to the conversations that hasn't already been said, which is just silly.

I'm not new, but I haven't been posting much lately, and this is partly why. This is also why it took me so long to start posting on IMDb when I first started going there.

So I guess for anyone who is new or who has forgotten who I am, hi! I'm Courtney. To the new people, we're all very nice and would love to hear from you!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 05:05:54 pm »
Today, I sent a PM to a new registered member, whose name I have seen twice as "watching this topic" but who has posted nothing. My PM said "hello stranger, where are you from? France here" or something to that effect, and never got a reply. Hey, if you're out there, reply still welcome!!So mine is pretty obvious, isabelle, and you just need to look at my profile to know where I am precisely, in France.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 05:58:59 pm »
Lisa--BBMISWEAR--

if you are lurking and reading this, take a minute to introduce yourself to the group. Here's your personal invite. Everyone really wants to meet you!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »
Here I am  :)
I just registered today. And yes, I wrote a post to introduce myself, but didn't like it, so I deleted it instead of sending it.

Now it's late here in Europe and I'm on my way to bed. Therefore just some short infos: I'm a 38 year female from Germany and have just seen BBM for the 4th time today. I'm a IMDB-refugee, too. More to come the next days.

Special greets to isabelle, my french neighbour (border to France ist just 80km away from where I live). Sorry I didn't answer your PM.  Hope it's o.k. to answer it here on the board.

See ya,
Penthesilea

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 06:29:20 pm »
Hi. I'm Mel. I've posted a bit here in the past week or so, but I wasn't part of the CT community on IMDb. (I lurked on IMDb regularly back in November and early December, before the movie came out, but the slow platform release kept me from seeing the actual movie, and I stopped lurking because I didn't want to overdose on spoilers before I had a chance to see the movie. And then after I finally saw it, I spent all my time trying to get work done efficiently so I could go see it again! When I did have time to check IMDb, the traffic was incredibly high, and the trolls... well, I was spending more time adding users to my ignore list than I was reading threads, so I stopped going over there, even though my friend Meryl said there were great conversations happening. I spammed my livejournal friends first, then hung out on Oscarwatch for a while, and then went to Dave Cullen's board, and then Meryl suggested I stop by this board.)

Anyway, I like the lower traffic here, and the constant generation of new threads. It's easier to get into conversations here than it has been in other places. And I still need to work through whatever it is I'm feeling about BBM. So thanks for the nice place.

So... I'm not really a lurker any more, I guess, but I'm not part of the group, either.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
To All Lurkers
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 06:40:01 pm »
I was trying to think my own experience of coming out of lurking closet, but my experience does not apply to most of the people.  ;)

Here are list of reasons I can think of why people lurk instead of getting involved:

1. I don’t have anything to contribute.  Everything can be said for the movie have already been said.
Believe me, you DO have something to contribute.  Just like we all have an opinion on things around us.  If other people have already expressed it, it does not mean you can’t say it again.  It represents your take on it and other who have the similar mind would appreciate that someone shares their POV. Plus we talk about a lot of other stuff too, not just the movie. 

2. The people here is a tight group, I don’t know whether I will be accepted.
We are inviting you to join the group, aren’t we?  We have new friends joining us everyday.  I myself have been lurking for close to 4 months before I joined this group.

3. I am not an expert on movie or everything related to Brokeback Mountain.
Nobody here is an expert (Ok, we do have a few.  You know who you are ;) ).  We are all Brokies just like you, people here are from all walks of life and through out the world.

4. I am content with just reading posts from some very intelligent, interesting people.
Yeah, wait until you can have a real conversation with them. 

5. I am not comfortable sharing my personal information or my own feeling/thoughts.
No pressure to share any information about yourself.  This is a very friendly considering group.  We all feel comfortable here that’s why people share information about their life here.  No credit card no., phone no., address info is shared  ;D  (at least not through regular postings.)  If you are not comfortable sharing your own feeling/thoughts, I can’t think of any better way to do that.  In a way, we are all hiding behind our online user name.  Some people meet each other in real life, most of us are just cyber friends.  For all I know, Phillip could be my boss.  Ok, that won’t work because Phillip does not look like him at all  ;D  but anyway, you get my drift ;).

6. I have already spent so much time lurking, don’t want to spend more time join the conversation.
Yeah, I know that feeling.  Guess you need to have some discipline.  I am guilty on this and working on it to make sure I don’t have other things dropped because of my little hobby here. 

7. Language barrier
You do read English, right?  :)  You don’t have to be an eloquent English writer to post here.  There are many foreigners here where English is their second language.  And we don’t have grammar or spelling police around.  At lease not that I am aware of, otherwise they will be on my a** all the time :)

So are you convinced?  I am trying really hard here.  I have been there, done that and I feel if I could ‘save’ a few people from that agony that will be some accomplishment.  8)

Come on, introduce yourself and dive in any conversation you are interested in.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:59:38 pm by JennyC »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 06:53:34 pm »
Really nice post Jenny C.  And welcome, welcome to Penthesilea & nakymaton.  Pull up a chair and set and visit with us for a while.  Want some coffee, don't ya?  Piece a cherry cake?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

vkm91941

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 07:01:23 pm »
Hey everyone, all it takes to be a part of this group is to say Hi and introduce yourself.  We're a very OPEN and self selecting group here so all are welcome!  ;D Stay chat a spell and you'll be feeling like you belong in no time at all. :D

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 07:10:29 pm »
well, I've been lurking here for a couple of months. Only made a couple of posts so you talked me into it.

most of you probably know me though as Balrog20-resurrected over on IMDB

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 07:12:46 pm »

Cool!  I know who you are.....howdy, friend.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 07:13:03 pm »
Hey former balrog! I do remember you, and always enjoyed reading your posts.
Welcome! :)
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 07:55:48 pm »
Me too, me too! I have been posting to some of your thoughts over at that other place. Welcome!

O0

Heathen

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 08:57:12 pm »
Hi to y'all new folks!
I've sure enjoyed your posts that I've read so far, here and back on IMDB.
I came to the party after the Pierre Tremblay site was already up and running (followed footprints over from the main BBM board) and, after much lurking and taking many deep breaths, posted my first post. The welcome  I received (thanks again, Ellemeno) saved, if not my life, then at least a large part of my inward sanity. (I think the public facade has stayed pretty well in place, mostly...)
So jump on in!  Can't promise skinny-dipping Ennis and Jack (nope, take that back, on some threads that is provided...) but the water's just great.
Fernly
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 09:30:52 pm »
well, I've been lurking here for a couple of months. Only made a couple of posts so you talked me into it.

Howdy All!

I do remember you former Balrog..... ;D  Good to see you here...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 02:28:53 am »
Hi, my name's Clarissa, and I've been here at BetterMost for 27 days.  I live in Seattle, where BBM is still in a theater fairly near my house.  I think I'm going to go see it tomorrow evening, since it may be it's last day, the theater won't say.

There are a lot of wonderful people here. 

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 03:56:59 am »
Guten Morgen Penthesilea!

I already welcomed you in a pm, so this is my "official": Hi! Now we are already two Germans on here. Guess they'll just have to put up with us, right? Although, there haven't been any complaints so far (did my best to behave well...). 

See ya!

:)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 04:32:58 am »
Hi Pipedream,

thanks again for your welcome!
Guess they'll just have to put up with us, right?
  ;D
I'll send you a PM later.

Bye for now,
Penthesilea

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 05:40:23 am »
Yay more European Brokies! I need to get James over here to introduce himself.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 12:29:22 pm »
Language barrier
You do read English, right?    You don’t have to be an eloquent English writer to post here.  There are many foreigners here where English is their second language.  And we don’t have grammar or spelling police around.  At lease not that I am aware of, otherwise they will be on my a** all the time

Is there such a thing on a msg board called a universal translator.  You type in German, press translate and what you have typed becomes ENGLISH.   I know, we don't have spellcheck, so a universal translator sounds a bit sci-fi in the msg board world.

Always charmed to meet newcomers.

Welcome to the mountain.

KARL

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 03:05:13 pm »
Hi newbies, oldbies, and Eurobies!

To the Eurobies, or rather Globies (sorry about the suffix - I'll stop it): I'm particularly grateful for your contributions, especially from those for whom English is a second language (or third, or fourth...).  I so admire those who have tamed foreign tongues -- I've been trying for years to tame German but alas, it's taming me.

Chocolates and flowers to you.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 03:15:16 pm »
Thanks henrypie - forget about the flowers, but I wouldn't mind a double ration of chocolate! :laugh:
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 03:42:58 pm »
Them chocolates are hard to pack.  Maybe better to eat them all right away.

Offline Chaplin_fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 04:37:36 pm »
Hi there!  I'm Tom.  I posted a few times on here a few weeks ago but haven't been back much since (and that's only because I've been busy developing new things for myself and enjoying all of the ripple effects as a result of this AMAZING masterpiece of a film!!).

My introduction is in here somewhere, but it's been a while.  So, hello again, everyone!

And a special hello to my dear friend Isabelle!!! ;)

Well, gotta run, as I'm off to my writing class!  Look for me here tomorrow evening (I hope---I may be working on my story, which, yes, is an off-shoot of BBM!!).

Later!

Tom
Homophobia can be cured.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 04:59:10 pm »
Hi Tom! Nice to see you back.
Tomorrow evening, I shall be watching BBM on my own, NA! But that's only French time, so I might still catch you later, evening YOUR time...
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline JerseyGyllenhaalic

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 06:50:50 pm »
Hi everyone! :) I'm new here. I've been lurking around for the last month or so.  I recognize most of you guys on here from the IMDB boards (my username is JeterzGirlNJersey).  Anyway I just wanted to say hello to everyone.
One day our generation
is gonna rule the population -John Mayer

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 06:51:52 pm »
Hi everyone! :) I'm new here. I've been lurking around for the last month or so.  I recognize most of you guys on here from the IMDB boards (my username is JeterzGirlNJersey).  Anyway I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're Stefanie aren't you...

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 06:54:04 pm »
Why yes I am  ;). Hi Chris! What's up?
One day our generation

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 06:55:08 pm »
Hey long time no talk......I'm not too bad!  How are you?   ;D

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 06:58:07 pm »
I'm okay! 8) I can't wait for this week to end. Work sucks!
One day our generation

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 06:59:26 pm »
Well my baby is due on Saturday......so I'm pretty excited for the weekend too....

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 07:01:16 pm »
Ooh Congrats! :D 
One day our generation

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:34 pm »
Thanks...

Offline David

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 07:05:31 pm »
Hi ,

My name is David and I'm a Broke-aholic!      ;D

See?  Isn't that easy?

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 07:10:08 pm »
Hi David! :)
One day our generation

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 07:24:16 pm »
Well my baby is due on Saturday......so I'm pretty excited for the weekend too....

Congratulations Chris!  The very first BetterMost baby :)  Do you know if it's a boy or girl? 

I assume the hospital bag is already packed by now, car seat is installed, and name(s) has been picked.   :)  Gosh, so many things… but they are totally worth it.

Keep a cool head and don't faint.   8)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 09:20:52 pm »
Congratulations Chris!  The very first BetterMost baby :)  Do you know if it's a boy or girl? 

I assume the hospital bag is already packed by now, car seat is installed, and name(s) has been picked.   :)  Gosh, so many things… but they are totally worth it.

Keep a cool head and don't faint.   8)

Thanks....its a boy.....Charlie is gonna be the name....

Yep we're all packed and ready to go.....have been since January LOL  ;D

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 09:33:03 pm »

Thanks....its a boy.....Charlie is gonna be the name....

"Charlie" I see.  No Ennis or Jack, or better yet Jake?  :P

Another advice I will add is do not take all the air. (Chris looking all confused now)

This is a classic joke of a friend (guy) of mine.  His wife went into labor and he was diligently acting as the coach following lamaze (don’t know what that is?  Try Google) breathing technique. Well things can get crazy in labor and delivery, and apparently he was getting too close to her face. His wife yelled at him “You take all the air!!!”  :D

Sorry,  I am totally off topic here.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:37 pm »
"Charlie" I see.  No Ennis or Jack, or better yet Jake?  :P

Another advice I will add is do not take all the air. (Chris looking all confused now)

This is a classic joke of a friend (guy) of mine.  His wife went into labor and he was diligently acting as the coach following lamaze (don’t know what that is?  Try Google) breathing technique. Well things can get crazy in labor and delivery, and apparently he was getting too close to her face. His wife yelled at him “You take all the air!!!”  :D

Sorry,  I am totally off topic here.

Well we did decided (after months of thinkin) on Charlie Jacob.....so its close to Jake and was actually inspired by him.....

ROFL.....thats funny!  Thanks for the laugh... :laugh:

Offline katieljb

• Don't Say Much
    • Katie's Myspace
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 10:10:25 pm »
Hi, everyone. 

I've been registered here for a couple of weeks now, at the suggestion of Mike (you-bet).  We had a video collaboration that he posted on here, so I decided to check out the response.

Just wanted to say hi, and that I think this is a great board.

Hope to talk to some of you in the near future!  :)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 10:15:25 pm »
Hi, everyone. 

I've been registered here for a couple of weeks now, at the suggestion of Mike (you-bet).  We had a video collaboration that he posted on here, so I decided to check out the response.

Just wanted to say hi, and that I think this is a great board.

Hope to talk to some of you in the near future!  :)

Welcome!   ;D

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 10:17:47 pm »
Welcome Katie!  It's a great board.  You can check out all the great conversations here and join the ones you are interested.

Video collaboration?  Where?   I want to check out.  :)

Offline katieljb

• Don't Say Much
    • Katie's Myspace
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 10:21:13 pm »
Welcome Katie!  It's a great board.  You can check out all the great conversations here and join the ones you are interested.

Video collaboration?  Where?   I want to check out.  :)

Hey, i'll make sure to join some conversations.  The video is "Renouncement", it's at youtube, as well as my other videos.

Here's the link:

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 11:56:55 pm »
Hi all new people! I remember you too former Balrog (sp?) and am glad to see you here! And Stefanie, I remember you from IMDb too. Chris, OMG it's soon!! Well, the book I was going to send you wouldn't be much help unless your wife is in labor for long enough for it to get there, so never mind! Nothing can prepare you for it, really. But I hope you guys did your classes and won't take no bullshit from them doctors!

I've been much more off than on here this week, and the past couple weeks I guess, which i STILL hate, but sometimes you gotta get some sleep, and deal with life-happenings. Some good things happening though, and I promise to be on this weekend more (when I'm not hanging out with all the brunch attendees here in NYC!!!! I can't wait to meet you guys!! And serenade you with my mini harmonica!!

Courtney babe, so glad to see you on page 1 of this thread! (don't be a stranger! You are hilarious and I have missed you dearly.)

Love to all, new and old,

Jenny/newyearsday
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:51 am »
Yes 1 day.......about 32 hours......!!!!!!  I'm nervous!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006, 12:30:10 am »
Thanks Jenny! I've mostly been a-lurkin lately, don't have much time. School stuff to take care of.... (Trying to think of something funny to say. I got nothin.)

Chris, I guess we won't see you much for a while after Saturday, but I'm excited for you! Stop in real quick to let us know how he is, I'm sure we'll all be wondering. And remember that we can post pictures on this lovely board....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 12:31:48 am »
Thanks Jenny! I've mostly been a-lurkin lately, don't have much time. School stuff to take care of.... (Trying to think of something funny to say. I got nothin.)

Chris, I guess we won't see you much for a while after Saturday, but I'm excited for you! Stop in real quick to let us know how he is, I'm sure we'll all be wondering. And remember that we can post pictures on this lovely board....

I'll still be on nightly and while I'm at work.......so I'll be here.....and I will post pics ASAP

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2006, 12:36:34 am »
Hey Courtney, yeah I know what you mean. Me too.

Chris, how do you know it's exactly 32 hours? Are you doing an induced birth?

Anyway, if you can, (which I know this won't happen but if you can) try to tell us real quick like, when McK goes into labor. I for one would like to know so I can do some praying/energy sending; I'm into that stuff. especially for women in labor. If we don't hear from you I'll just start sending you stuff around 32 hours from now! which is about 9:30 am Saturday morning my time.

Don't go all Scientology on us! Let it out! (I was gonna say let 'er rip n'snort, but then I thought, no, better not. that's not the thing I wish for McK!)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2006, 12:40:06 am »
Chris, how do you know it's exactly 32 hours? Are you doing an induced birth?

Anyway, if you can, (which I know this won't happen but if you can) try to tell us real quick like, when McK goes into labor. I for one would like to know so I can do some praying/energy sending; I'm into that stuff. especially for women in labor. If we don't hear from you I'll just start sending you stuff around 32 hours from now! which is about 9:30 am Saturday morning my time.

Don't go all Scientology on us! Let it out! (I was gonna say let 'er rip n'snort, but then I thought, no, better not. that's not the thing I wish for McK!)

Yeah we're inducing......we have to be at the hospital at 6 am.....I'll have my laptop with me so that I can keep everyone updated.....for sure! 

ROFL....no Scientology......NO worries there.....LOL

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "The heart has reasons that reason cannot know." -
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2006, 01:10:38 am »
Hi

I have not posted much here....did an intro post some time back but basically lurk in the corners...ladies corner.....fan fic site etc....

This group seemed harder to jump in than others ...am not sure why ..I think maybe alot of you seem to have come from another site...and it felt kinda like an intrusion...into a private party.....but I am trying...

....it seems like a big place.....so its a little daunting........

I love reading the posts...and yes you are a friendly  bunch.......so I thought I would say another Hello out in the open...

hugs
Kea
"Within you I lose myself
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again."
-Unknown

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2006, 01:12:06 am »
Hi

I have not posted much here....did an intro post some time back but basically lurk in the corners...ladies corner.....fan fic site etc....

This group seemed harder to jump in than others ...am not sure why ..I think maybe alot of you seem to have come from another site...and it felt kinda like an intrusion...into a private party.....but I am trying...

....it seems like a big place.....so its a little daunting........

I love reading the posts...and yes you are a friendly  bunch.......so I thought I would say another Hello out in the open...

hugs
Kea

Welcome....yeah we all know each other but we are also very open to new comers.....so don't be a stranger!  Its good to meet you......I'm Chris by the way...

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2006, 01:24:12 am »
Hi Chris

nice to meet you....I know the group is open.....but there are so many of you...and I am a little shy...

but promise I will try harder... ::)

hugs
Kea
-Unknown

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2006, 01:25:36 am »
Hi Chris

nice to meet you....I know the group is open.....but there are so many of you...and I am a little shy...

but promise I will try harder... ::)

hugs
Kea

No worries!  Post as you please...

Offline Kea

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2006, 01:27:56 am »
No worries..... :D :D :D :D

that made me feel at home there for sure......very Aussie.....put a smile on my face...

kea
-Unknown

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:54 pm »
Kea - pull up a comfy chair, set and visit with us a spell.  Want a cup a coffee, don't ya?  Piece a cherry chake?

This is a group of folks mostly who have been chatting together now a long while (in cyber years), but always friendly and happy to meet more friends.  Jump right in - no one will mind even one little bit!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2006, 01:52:49 pm »
Yaaaaadpyaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!!!! It's been ages! oh my, that felt good. Hey, how did you get the little wave guy back!??? I want him! I want the smiley face with the beating heart--my IMDb emoticon!

And, Hello Kea! Very glad to see you here. I read your introductory post a few weeks ago and was astounded and so glad you stuck around. By the way, slayers_creek is a different Chris than Aussie Chris. This Chris is from Utah. But he's about as laid back as they come, so he'll probably take that aussie thing as a compliment.

And Chris, oohh, inducing huh? that might be tough--like it isn't the normal way!! I just mean, the contractions tend to be more intense and closer together. I'm sure you are already doing so, but you might want to connect into little Charlie and let him know the big transistion is coming tomorrow and that you can't wait to see him and that it'll all be okay!  (I had a rough birth myself, so I like to do these little actions on behalf of all the ones who might need it (everyone could probably do with a bit of an easier birth). All prayers for you and McK and Charlie to have a good day tomorrow.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006, 01:58:59 pm »
And, Hello Kea! Very glad to see you here. I read your introductory post a few weeks ago and was astounded and so glad you stuck around. By the way, slayers_creek is a different Chris than Aussie Chris. This Chris is from Utah. But he's about as laid back as they come, so he'll probably take that aussie thing as a compliment.

Yep......the other day someone called me the OLD Chris......LOL wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not... ;D

And Chris, oohh, inducing huh? that might be tough--like it isn't the normal way!! I just mean, the contractions tend to be more intense and closer together. I'm sure you are already doing so, but you might want to connect into little Charlie and let him know the big transistion is coming tomorrow and that you can't wait to see him and that it'll all be okay!  (I had a rough birth myself, so I like to do these little actions on behalf of all the ones who might need it (everyone could probably do with a bit of an easier birth). All prayers for you and McK and Charlie to have a good day tomorrow.

Well we've actually been lucky so far.....because 70% of the births in both of our familes have been at least 4 weeks early.....so this is good!  But McK has gestational diabetes so they don't want to wait......so inducing is the best way to go...

I'll keep everyone updated....things should be good... ;)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2006, 02:17:21 pm »

Yaaaaadpyaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!!!! It's been ages! oh my, that felt good. Hey, how did you get the little wave guy back!??? I want him! I want the smiley face with the beating heart--my IMDb emoticon!

Jennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a nice shout out that was to me!  I'm going to see if I can work some internet magic and find your little beating heart.

:-*

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 03:35:26 pm by yaadpyar »

Offline Chaplin_fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2006, 03:45:26 pm »
Hi everyone!

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it.

Anyway, I have posted on here before, but it's been a while.  I want to re-introduce myself, and I will try to find my original message from a few weeks ago and post it again.

I need some inspiration for my BBM-based short story (a piece of mostly fiction based on a real situation resulting from my seeing the film).  Isabelle knows what I'm talking about.

Hi Isabelle!!! :)

Tom
Homophobia can be cured.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »
Hi Tom - Don't think we're acquainted yet, so just want to introduce myself.  I'm Celeste, and I'm a Broke-aholic. I haven't been sober since Christmas Day, 2005, and I'm not working in the slightest on my recovery.  Whew - feels good to get that off my chest. 

Pleasure to meet ya.  Want some of the coffee and cherry cake?  We got plenty.  Ennis drinks a lot of the coffee, but he never has any cake....

Offline Chaplin_fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
I don't mean to come off as obnoxious, but I mentioned earlier that I'd posted here before, yet rarely and sporadically, and I offered to re-post my original message. So here it is, for what it's worth:

Hi everybody.  I just wanted to introduce myself, as I was just sent this link by a friend, and I'm thrilled to be here among you all.

I am, of course, a HUGE Brokeback Mountain junkie (eight viewings so far: five in the theatre and three on the DVD).

I also want to say, odd as it sounds, that this film and short story have changed my life. I was just reading something in this site that ended with: "The movie may be over, but your new life is just beginning," and my jaw dropped.  I have been telling people for weeks now that I feel like I have come out of a years-long coma.

The first time I saw Brokeback Mountain (in January), it hit me like a Mack truck.  I was almost uncontrollably sobbing in the theatre, and had to wait beyond the end credits before I had composed myself enough to go back out into the real world and face people.  Over the next few weeks, my emotions were very surface.  It was hard to get through work, or to focus on anything at all.  I felt like I was experiencing honest-to-goodess, genuine grief: I was in mourning.  But beyond that, I was affected in a way that I have never been affected by any film (or any other work of art, for that matter), and I couldn't figure it out. If not for the message boards where people shared stories of having been moved in the same way, I would have thought I was losing my mind. It was that powerful, that real. Like a punch in the gut, over and over.  I cried in my car, I cried in the shower, I cried while I was making dinner at home.....It was all overwhelming. Subsequent viewings I found of a healing nature, but the sense of loss, regret (for what, I had yet to figure out), and indescribable longing haunted me mercilessly. I would awake from sleep, in tears, and then spend several minutes (sometimes longer) finding solace in the imdb message boards, because that would give me enough comfort to get back to sleep.
I finally figured out that one reason this amazing film affected me so deeply was that I just wasn't happy with certain choices I'd made in my life, and felt lost as to the direction I was going (mid-life crisis, perhaps?). I'm almost 40 and was feeling very down about myself, my job (I'm one of those overly-educated people, the unfortunates, who works a demeaning, unchallenging job in order to put food on my table, when my real joy is the part-time teaching gig I have in the fall semesters at a local college), and my life in general.  I decided that it was time I make a few changes in my life, just to see what would happen.
So, I began working out more often (four times a week now), I signed up for a creative writing class (which I LOVE and  is making me tap into all kinds of things that lay dormant in me for years), and I have "met" (in quotes because we communicate on-line but have yet to actually meet) a wonderful person in France who lives very close to the town where I lived with a host family when I was in college. My partner and I are going to visit her next year, and she is coming to the States in the fall, through school (she's a teacher), where we will actually meet for the first time.  Additionally, we will set up an e-mail exchange between our students in the fall, which may lead to all kinds of wonderful opportunities for them (friendships, relationships, travel...).  Plus (it just seems to keep getting better) I am now writing a short story centered on fictional students who meet as a result of this real (and future) e-mail exchange, and the journey that that takes them on.  On top of all of these positive life changes and wonderful new adventures I find I am embarking on, my relationship with my partner of eight years has never been better.
I feel more hope for myself and my future than I have probably ever felt, and the catalyst for all of this is Brokeback Mountain.  I wish that I could personally thank Annie, Ang, Heath, Jake, Michelle, Anne and every other person who was involved in the creation of this masterpiece, for bringing this amazing, magnificent story into my life, and helping me achieve a self-awareness and sense of fulfillment that I long-ago stopped believing were even possible.   I have never been so moved, and I will treasure this beautiful film as long as I live.
And now I have found this forum, where I can gush about my beloved Brokeback Mountain to my heart's content, knowing that I won't be derided by trolls, and that you understand.  Thanks for reading; I look forward to our communications.
Peace,
Tom
Homophobia can be cured.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 11:16:49 pm »
Hello, sweet newbies (and not-so-newbies)!

I'm Adriana.  It's lovely to see you here.  Thanks for introducing yourselves.  I know it must feel like you're being shoved into the spotlight when all you want to do is sit quietly in the audience, but don't feel awkward.  Reading and thinking about and enjoying other peoples' posts is an important role, too.  Feel free to post or not post, as you please.  But don't feel like an outsider - there are no outsiders here.  There's enough snobbery and exclusivity in the real world.  Here we are just friends.

Anyway, I'm glad you all found your way here.  Curl up next to the fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a soft blanket, and tell a tale of your own, or just listen. 

It takes all kinds of people to make a community, and we love you just the way you are.

A

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 11:17:47 pm »
Hello, sweet newbies (and not-so-newbies)!

I'm Adriana.  It's lovely to see you here.  Thanks for introducing yourselves.  I know it must feel like you're being shoved into the spotlight when all you want to do is sit quietly in the audience, but don't feel awkward.  Reading and thinking about and enjoying other peoples' posts is an important role, too.  Feel free to post or not post, as you please.  But don't feel like an outsider - there are no outsiders here.  There's enough snobbery and exclusivity in the real world.  Here we are just friends.

Anyway, I'm glad you all found your way here.  Curl up next to the fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a soft blanket, and tell a tale of your own, or just listen. 

It takes all kinds of people to make a community, and we love you just the way you are.

A

Well said...

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2006, 12:12:59 am »
Hello all -- I've also been asked to introduce myself on this thread by my good Brokie friend Becky!
My name is James - I used to post quite regularly on the Chez Tremblay imdb board before all the trolls got to it, but for the past few weeks I have not had as much opportunity to post on BetterMost as I'd like since I've been so busy with my uni degree lately - its settled down a bit now though, for a few weeks before my summer exams, so hopefully I'll be able to pop in once in a while. All the Tremblayans were great on the imdb board, and I'm sure they're all great here too - hope I get to know all you brokies better soon.

A little bit about myself: I'm a huge film fan - my 2 favourite films are Jurassic Park and LA Confidential, with BBM a close 3rd. No film has effected me emotionally as much as BBM though - it took a v.long time to get past that sad, haunting stage after my first viewing in January. I'm from North Wales - a beautiful part of the world - and studying at Nottingham Uni. My other love apart from film is tea. A cup of tea does wonders really. Making a cuppa passes the time when I'm bored, gives me something to do when I should be doing my essays (if im not on imdb that is), plus tea seems to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down. Plus I'm discovering new teas all the time, all with lots of different flavours... Greatest invention in the world as far as I'm concerned!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2006, 12:17:22 am »
Hello all -- I've also been asked to introduce myself on this thread by my good Brokie friend Becky!
My name is James - I used to post quite regularly on the Chez Tremblay imdb board before all the trolls got to it, but for the past few weeks I have not had as much opportunity to post on BetterMost as I'd like since I've been so busy with my uni degree lately - its settled down a bit now though, for a few weeks before my summer exams, so hopefully I'll be able to pop in once in a while. All the Tremblayans were great on the imdb board, and I'm sure they're all great here too - hope I get to know all you brokies better soon.

A little bit about myself: I'm a huge film fan - my 2 favourite films are Jurassic Park and LA Confidential, with BBM a close 3rd. No film has effected me emotionally as much as BBM though - it took a v.long time to get past that sad, haunting stage after my first viewing in January. I'm from North Wales - a beautiful part of the world - and studying at Nottingham Uni. My other love apart from film is tea. A cup of tea does wonders really. Making a cuppa passes the time when I'm bored, gives me something to do when I should be doing my essays (if im not on imdb that is), plus tea seems to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down. Plus I'm discovering new teas all the time, all with lots of different flavours... Greatest invention in the world as far as I'm concerned!

I remember you from IMDb......welcome to Chez Tremblay Bettermost style! 

You may remember me but if you don't I'm Chris.... ;D

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2006, 12:27:39 am »
My other love apart from film is tea. A cup of tea does wonders really. Making a cuppa passes the time when I'm bored, gives me something to do when I should be doing my essays (if im not on imdb that is), plus tea seems to cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down. Plus I'm discovering new teas all the time, all with lots of different flavours... Greatest invention in the world as far as I'm concerned!

Oh, a man after my own heart.  I sometimes think I could measure my life in cups of tea.  Generally speaking, I go for PG Tips, builders-style, milk, no sugar.  However, I live around the corner from The House of Tea (no kidding, that's what the shop's really called), and I spend way, way too much time and money in there.  Currently, I'm happily obsessed with their almond tea, a blend of assam with bitter almonds which is just transcendentally good.  Anyway, they store all of their teas in special canisters behind the counter, apothecary style, and cheerfully pull down anything so you can stick your head in and have a good sniff.  Love, love, love it.

Whereabouts in North Wales are you from?  I grew up in London, myself. 

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2006, 01:05:38 am »
Hi. I'm Fran. Some of you may recognize me from the ABCs game, where most of my posting takes place. However, I do admit to lurking everywhere else. I've been working on my BetterMost introduction for quite some time now -- I registered here on April 2 -- but it still sounds pretty lame. Obviously it still needs work; I guess it's a work in progress.

What can I tell you about me? Well, I live in Chicago, I'm married, and have two daughters, ages 18 and almost 13. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in January, and reaching that milestone is scaring the hell out of me. (Who in their right mind wants to admit that their life is more than half over?) Seeing Brokeback Mountain opened up a whole Pandora's box of emotions for me, and yes, there definitely are days when I wish I had never ventured into that theater. I guess the movie made me realize that somewhere along the way, I had lost sight of who I really am. I guess 19 years of trying to be the perfect wife and, later on, the perfect mother have taken their toll of me to the point where I'm not even sure of who I am anymore. All I know for sure is that happiness seems to be eluding me lately. I mean, sometimes I just shake my head and think, This can't be my life. My life is supposed to be so much better than this.

So, while I work up the courage to make some changes for my own sanity, I hide out at the ABCs game, distracting myself from the work I need to do on my personhood. As I reread this, I can't help but think that this is probably the most depressing post in four pages of introductions. Well, I warned you that it needed work.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2006, 01:07:57 am »
Hi. I'm Fran. Some of you may recognize me from the ABCs game, where most of my posting takes place. However, I do admit to lurking everywhere else. I've been working on my BetterMost introduction for quite some time now -- I registered here on April 2 -- but it still sounds pretty lame. Obviously it still needs work; I guess it's a work in progress.

What can I tell you about me? Well, I live in Chicago, I'm married, and have two daughters, ages 18 and almost 13. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in January, and reaching that milestone is scaring the hell out of me. (Who in their right mind wants to admit that their life is more than half over?) Seeing Brokeback Mountain opened up a whole Pandora's box of emotions for me, and yes, there definitely are days when I wish I had never ventured into that theater. I guess the movie made me realize that somewhere along the way, I had lost sight of who I really am. I guess 19 years of trying to be the perfect wife and, later on, the perfect mother have taken their toll of me to the point where I'm not even sure of who I am anymore. All I know for sure is that happiness seems to be eluding me lately. I mean, sometimes I just shake my head and think, This can't be my life. My life is supposed to be so much better than this.

So, while I work up the courage to make some changes for my own sanity, I hide out at the ABCs game, distracting myself from the work I need to do on my personhood. As I reread this, I can't help but think that this is probably the most depressing post in four pages of introductions. Well, I warned you that it needed work.

Welcome Fran....... ;D

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2006, 01:36:02 am »
Hey Fran.  Several months ago you declared to me that you would never feel confident enough to post an introduction message.  I think the work has definately begun.  Well done and welcome....officially!  Now shot some whiskey here whydoncha!  X

And hello all new people.  It's wonderful here.  I'm Ray, the annoying one.    :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:37:46 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 03:41:23 am »
Hi Fran. Don't worry about your post sounding depressing or not. You are introducing yourself, in relation to what you are feeling now, and trust me, I hear ya!  Your introduction is perfectly fit too since it is in relation to the movie we all love here.
Hi everyone, I'm Isabelle, and I'm a broke-aholic. I'm French, but only marginally.
WELCOME.
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 07:10:13 am »

Yay! You took my VERY subtle hint....I am learning from Will! But I swear I am the only British person who doesn't like tea! Everyone thinks I am weird that I only drink soft drinks. No coffee, no tea, don't leave no sign....sorry I slipped into brokeback then! I hope you post more here when you get time off from your exams!
Love,
Becky :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2006, 07:32:30 am »
Woohoo, welcome all new posting peeps!!

My name is James...
... and studying at Nottingham Uni.

One of my best friends goes to Nottingham.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2006, 08:06:03 am »
I'm Ray, the annoying one.    :P

Ray Annoying? Ray Nasty!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2006, 01:59:20 pm »
Hey Chris - I do remember you from imdb! Its good to see all that we've all found this great place to post on...

Oh, a man after my own heart.  I sometimes think I could measure my life in cups of tea. 

Me too! However, while I consider myself a huge tea fan, I'm really an amateur compared to most of my family, and probably most Brits - my sister honestly gets through about 12 cups a day! I'm usually five or six a day... better than being addicted to ciggies though eh!

Whereabouts in North Wales are you from?  I grew up in London, myself. 

I'm from a tiny village called Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia - its quite popular with tourists so you might have heard of it. Are you still living in London now? Hopefully I'll be spending a good deal of my summer hols in London this year with my brother.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2006, 03:02:46 pm »
Hiya James,

No, I'm going to university in Toronto, Canada (at the imaginatively named University of Toronto), but my parents still live in London, and I consider it home in the most basic and fundamental way.  This summer will be the first time in a long while that I won't be back.  I'm going to miss is so much.  Ugh, me in Toronto in the humidity.  Fun, fun, fun.

No, I haven't heard of Bets-y-Coed.  I have to know how to pronounce that, though.  Is it 'betsy code'?  I've got it all wrong, I'm sure!

Offline jura86

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2006, 07:07:40 pm »
I have to know how to pronounce that, though.  Is it 'betsy code'?  I've got it all wrong, I'm sure!

That's quite funny you should say that, because that is exactly how all English tourists pronounce it when they're there, but is unfortunately wrong.

It's pronounced Bet-oos Err Coyd.

As for humid summers... well it certainly rained a lot where I grew up, so I know how awful rainy summers can be - hope it isnt too bad this year in Toronto!

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2006, 12:07:30 am »
first time poster..here from IMDB....you are most welcoming, thanks fo rthe invite!!
i am a totally sold out Brokie..
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2006, 02:29:26 pm »
Welcome, maggiemommy, James, and all! So refreshing to hear new voices on this board! Fran, your story is a lot like mine, so we can be depressed together and so maybe not so depressed. I also have two teenagers, one heading out the door this fall to uni, as they say here. And I'm about ready to panic because she's the only one in my household who shares my love for BBM and views on the world, being inclusive and loving others for who they are rather than condemning. For the past week or two it's dawned on me that I am embarking on a full blown mid-life crisis! I'm just trying to get used to the idea; it's scary, but also elating, because there are so many possibilities out there, that I had turned my back on until recently. Maybe I'll just sneak off to uni with my daughter! That's probably her worst nightmare. I hope I do at least one thing radical during this crisis and not lose the opportunity! Wish me luck!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2006, 03:22:02 pm »
Front-Ranger, I am sorry to say that it makes me feel less alone to know that others are having major mid-life crises and thinking of making serious changes, because this is happening to me too, as I am approaching 40! maybe we should have a 'mid-life crisis' victims' convention some time?
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Fran

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2006, 10:31:06 pm »
Thanks, Ray, Front-Ranger, isabelle, et al. for your kind words. I have a confession to make here: Once I posted, I sent Ray a panicky PM, afraid that my post would be ignored, and for a while, I also thought about deleting. I just want you to know that I'm glad I didn't.  (I'm breathing a sigh of relief here.)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:34 pm »
You are so deliciously neurotic sometimes Franny, you fit right in!  Love ya to death!   :-*

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2006, 11:20:42 pm »
isn't it odd, that it is so hard to find people to discuss this movie with?? i have about 2 real people and lots of internet buddies, but the face to face boudinc of ideas is waht i really crave...
this movie really shook me to my core...i can't get it out of my head, my heart, my thoughts..the music plays on and on on continius repeat and the lines form the movie play in my head too..i have downloaded it to my ipod and watch it , or segments of it every time i can..
it has changed all of my former beliefs..it has totally revolutionized my way of thinking, my life, my outlook, the vision of my future, my feelings about intollerance...EVERYHTING has changed since i saw BBM that first time...
HOW can you explain this to people who have not seen it, refuse to see it, or have seen it and either don't "get it" or hate it...
sigh....

Offline Fran

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:44 am »
HOW can you explain this to people who have not seen it, refuse to see it, or have seen it and either don't "get it" or hate it...
sigh....

maggiesmommy,

I don't believe you can.

I used to tell people who said they had no interest in seeing it to just go see it with an open mind. Then I started telling them to just go see it with an open heart. Now I've stopped trying, after realizing that some people will never "get it" and that other people don't want to "get it."

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2006, 11:55:41 am »
yep..their loss, but very sad
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:57:57 am by maggiesmommy »

Offline joyce023

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2006, 01:23:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joyce, coming from IMDB too  :'(. Thanks a lot for the invitation! Honestly, I have been EXHAUSTED to save that sinking boat. I feel so relieved to find another paradise here....although I will still visit IMDB once for a while.

I am a Taiwanese and working in Beijing now. I have business trips very often (tomorrow I'm flying to Seattle....). I really have no idea why I am cureless falling love with BBM. Ever since I saw it in January, I just cannot get rid of it from my mind. I even quarrelled with my brother and sister-in-law because of it (they are Christians, and me too!), and they questioned me why I went to see the movie more than once (actually it's 7 times) for a movie promoting the theme of "sin" blablabla....(give me a break!)

Luckily another thing distract my attention lately - I finally watched the last season of "Six Feet Under". Woo...I love it so so so so much! I cried a river....

OK I wanna shut up now. Glad to meet you guys here, and quite many familiar names. BTW, I love the name "BetterMost"!  ;D

Joyce
~ Whenever, whatever, have a nice day. ~
~ Wherever, whatever, have a nice day. ~

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2006, 01:45:48 pm »
Joyce,

Welcome! Glad to know that someone else speaks Chinese here.  ;D   There is a lot interesting discussion on bettermost, some goes beyond the movie.  A lot of fun too.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2006, 01:52:23 pm »
Hi Joyce,
I feel like you deserve to win some kind of Brokeback Mountain award for building that amazing "summary of Remarkable threads" thread back on imdb... and also for keeping it going and updated for so long.  I referred to it all the time when I used to post on imdb all the time.

welcome to the safe, troll free environment of BetterMost.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2006, 02:18:09 pm »
Hi Joyce,
I feel like you deserve to win some kind of Brokeback Mountain award for building that amazing "summary of Remarkable threads" thread back on imdb... and also for keeping it going and updated for so long.  I referred to it all the time when I used to post on imdb all the time.

welcome to the safe, troll free environment of BetterMost.

Ditto. 

I didn't know what was you, Joyce.  Kudos for compiling the list!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2006, 03:04:37 pm »
Hi everyone,

My name is Joyce, coming from IMDB too  :'(. Thanks a lot for the invitation! Honestly, I have been EXHAUSTED to save that sinking boat. I feel so relieved to find another paradise here....although I will still visit IMDB once for a while.

OMG Joyce - are you THE Joyce of the favorite threads post?  You are famous!  You have done such an amazing thing for so long that has benefited so many.  It's great that you are here with us now.  Welcome, welcome, welcome.  Please - pull up a chair and set a spell.  You can finally relax and visit, have some coffee and cherry cake, all troll-free.

So delighted that you've landed here.

Celeste

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2006, 05:52:59 pm »
Hi joyce..i am late bloomer, didn't see BBM until 4 weeks ago...completely addicted..i came from IMDB too, but was only there 3-4 weeks and it is getting to be just a disaster....so i guess i didn't know you over therer..
i tis good here, i even got a free therapy session in the chat room with Ray...such compassion and caring...no fighting...at least so far i haven't seen any...and the discussions are actually INTELLIGENT!!  extremely so...i have learned SO much about BBM since i have been here, just  a few short days...
looking forward to reading your posts...is sounds like you are a legend...
over on IMDB, they told me that i was taking the place a "virginia" whom i do not know, and the trolls ran her off....well, they seem to be having that effect on many of us....so whoever virginia is, maybe she is here too....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2006, 06:12:05 pm »
Welcome, Joyce. You are legendary here. We are so happy to have you among us. A Taiwanese person too! That is great! Hope to chat w/you sometime when it's nite here and a.m. there.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2006, 02:54:02 pm »
Sorry, I have to be redundant and echo: The Joyce?  The one spoken of with hushed awe in library voices?  No chair for you, my lady, but a throne.

Welcome, welcome!

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2006, 04:18:29 pm »
I'm from a tiny village called Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia - its quite popular with tourists so you might have heard of it. Are you still living in London now? Hopefully I'll be spending a good deal of my summer hols in London this year with my brother.

Hi Chris, & everyone!

I was just in Betws-y-Coed for a short break.  Beautiful part of the world.  It reminded me of BBM because of the mountains and of course the sheep & lambs.  Unfortunately there were no gorgeous sheep herders getting it on.  Not that I noticed anyway!

So I'm nic & will be dropping in now & then.  I love the BBM radio that Philip has created. Seriously impressive.

cheers, nic.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2006, 04:27:30 pm »
Howdy Nic,

Good to meet you!  ;D

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2006, 04:46:13 pm »
Howdy back!  & congrats on your new arrival (I followed the news already) Great head of hair  O0 !!
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2006, 04:52:32 pm »
Howdy back!  & congrats on your new arrival (I followed the news already) Great head of hair  O0 !!

LOL.....yes he's got lots of hair!  Thanks...

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2006, 05:58:16 pm »
Chris, you should introduce CJ on here. Awww that would be so cute!

Offline joyce023

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2006, 06:45:31 pm »
Welcome Nic!
Yeah....great to see you guys here....I feel flattered. I am The Joyce but I am not an E.T  ::)
Someone just alerted me that my summary on IMDB was deleted again yesterday. WTF....I don't care. Now I always saved the updated version at hand.
BTW, I just saw BBM again during my 12-hour flight  :D
~ Wherever, whatever, have a nice day. ~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2006, 08:34:13 pm »
Welcome Nic!

Heya Joyce,
Did they play BBM as the "in-flight" movie?  That would be very cool and also quite strange I would think.

cheers,
Amanda

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2006, 07:46:43 am »
Hello and welcome to all newbies and especially to Joyce!

Joyce, I remember you and your efforts from IMDB board, too, and I second all things others have already said.

BTW: Your signature is my old one "Wherever, whatever, have a nice day"  ;D Made me laugh. Well, to be exact, yours is "whenever" instead of "wherever", but still a funny coincidence.

See ya,
Penthesilea
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 07:48:46 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2006, 04:03:58 am »
I'm Ray (Ray-390 on TOB.  I do miss my bouncing, fag sucking friend), and I'm shy too..........................................................

Anyhoooo, hello all new entries.  And hello Ballrog, we chatted much in another time and place. Welcome to Wonderland and to this amazing group of people.  I hope your days are enhanced by being here as mine have been since joining BetterMost 35 days ago. 

Dive in and say something stoopid, it's only scary the first time.

And a note to Jenny C: I'm so glad you found your way here, you are such an asset to this board.  I'm just sayin'

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2006, 01:42:51 pm »
Well Ray, back at you! Always enjoy your insight and jokes; even though I may not get some of your Aussie jokes, I enjoy them nonetheless :D.

It’s such a nice thing for you to say!  You made me blush, and this is not the first time (thinking of some pictures Ray posted).  Oops, did I just commit cyber flirting here? ;D

Can’t tell you how glad I am to find you guys here.  :-*

Offline korgriff

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2006, 03:37:05 pm »
Hi! I am a imdb refugee too.  I only saw the movie a little over a month ago and I was obsessed.  Thats how I found IMDb and I liked it until the troll attacks.  they can get out of hand in their insults!  There was a post there about BetterMost and so I decided to check it out.  So here I am you can tell that I have only been here a couple days and have made only a few posts but everyone here has been very nice and I love the threads.  I've learned a couple new things about BBM.  I like to post because I can relate to everyone here and my friends and family are getting a little tired of me always talking about BBM, its nice to know that the way i feel about it is shared by so many!!!!!  I dont feel so alone in it. 
I guess I should say a little about me since you asked us to introduce ourselves:  my name is Korey, I'm a single mom and I live in a small town in Pennsylvania.  I'm still kinda learning how to do all this so bear with me please.   Anyways, thanks for making me feel so welcome - see ya on the boards! ;D
"....you got a better idea?" Ennis Del Mar
"I did once." Jack Twist

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2006, 03:39:35 pm »
Hi! I am a imdb refugee too.  I only saw the movie a little over a month ago and I was obsessed.  Thats how I found IMDb and I liked it until the troll attacks.  they can get out of hand in their insults!  There was a post there about BetterMost and so I decided to check it out.  So here I am you can tell that I have only been here a couple days and have made only a few posts but everyone here has been very nice and I love the threads.  I've learned a couple new things about BBM.  I like to post because I can relate to everyone here and my friends and family are getting a little tired of me always talking about BBM, its nice to know that the way i feel about it is shared by so many!!!!!  I dont feel so alone in it. 
I guess I should say a little about me since you asked us to introduce ourselves:  my name is Korey, I'm a single mom and I live in a small town in Pennsylvania.  I'm still kinda learning how to do all this so bear with me please.   Anyways, thanks for making me feel so welcome - see ya on the boards! ;D

Howdy....I'm Chris!  Nice to meet you and welcome to Chez Tremblay!

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2006, 03:48:06 pm »
Since my voice and my face are already appearing on BetterMost, I guess it's time I got my scrawny ass in here ;D

Hi, I'm a friend of Meryl's and got roped into the Brokie Brunch in NYC. Had a great time, so here I am.  :)
Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.
~ Derek Walcott, Love After Love

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2006, 03:54:04 pm »
Since my voice and my face are already appearing on BetterMost, I guess it's time I got my scrawny ass in here ;D

Hi, I'm a friend of Meryl's and got roped into the Brokie Brunch in NYC. Had a great time, so here I am.  :)

Welcome!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2006, 03:58:23 pm »

Exactly!  ;D Hi Sarah!!! Nice to meet you again! Had a pleasant flight home, I hope?

:D

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2006, 04:30:48 pm »
Exactly!  ;D Hi Sarah!!! Nice to meet you again! Had a pleasant flight home, I hope?

:D

I'm still feeling a little spacey from no sleep Tuesday-Wednesday, but it was (mostly) a good trip home. Wish I was still in NYC...   It's good to see you again, as well, Jenny. :) 

Thank you for the welcome, slayers_creek. :)
Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has loved you all your life, whom you ignored for another, who knows you by heart.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Happy Birthday to ChaplinFan, Tom
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2006, 05:14:53 pm »
Hi, and happy birthday, Tom! Hope to see more of you on this board soon!   :D

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2006, 10:57:11 pm »
Hi! I am a imdb refugee too.  I only saw the movie a little over a month ago and I was obsessed.  Thats how I found IMDb and I liked it until the troll attacks.  they can get out of hand in their insults!  There was a post there about BetterMost and so I decided to check it out.  So here I am you can tell that I have only been here a couple days and have made only a few posts but everyone here has been very nice and I love the threads.

Hey... welcome aboard.  One more post and you are out of the "tourist" category.  :)  Everyone was a tourist once, including me.  I really love the fact the community here is growing and I appreciate seeing new faces posting messages and joining in.  Sometimes it might look like there is some sort of clique here, but I have found the "way in" is to just start participating.  After all, we were all probably strangers to one another six months ago.

As BetterMost continues to evolve, I am beginning to see it broaden into a social networking site where friends meet friends based first on the fact we are all totally freaked out by the movie, we discuss every little detail of it, and if/when the obsession subsides, there will still be some reasons to be here to talk to one another about whatever is on our minds and how we are doing on our journey to finish the story.

Brokeback Myspace without the child predators. :)

Most of all, don't worry about making a mistake.  I have managed to delete my own messages on here in the early days by mistake, and I run the site!  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2006, 02:08:58 am »
KORGRIFF...
welcome to neverland!! its wonderful here..i have been over on IMDB telling everyone to come here and find peace and intellegence! ;D

Offline korgriff

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
Thank You for the welcome nakymaton, Phillip, and slayers_creek_oth.   Hello maggiesmommy I remember enjoying your boards on IMDb, nice to see you.

Thanks for the advice Phillip I will definitely use it, I guess this is my one more post, HORRAY!!! ;D

See ya on the boards!
"....you got a better idea?" Ennis Del Mar
"I did once." Jack Twist

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2006, 12:56:22 am »
Hey there:

I am a newbie to this wonderful message-board, having only joined tonight.  Previously I was at IMDB for the past month, since I just saw BBM for the first time on April 13th.  I have been enraptured ever since.  After seeing the movie I was stunned for about a day, and went to IMDB to clear up some of the questions I had (what did he say at the end?  How did Jack die?  and I didn't even realize that the flashback was a flashback until I watched it again).  I had gone to see it in the theatre the very last day it was playing, and then all the next day, which was Good Friday, I could not stop thinking about it...  I could hardly stand to wait until the next day when the stores were open again so I could buy the DVD.

I have had Brokeback Fever ever since, I have not watched any other TV in weeks, (why am I even paying for cable TV these days?) I have not kept up with my favorite show the Apprentice, all I have done about that is tape the episodes, I don't even know who is left.  I work, come home, read the boards, watch BBM, sleep, read the boards, think about BBM duning my long commute back and forth, etc.  It is an addiction!

At first I was inconsolable that they would not be together, JACK'S DEAD!!!  How terrible!  Then I was enraptured by the sweet love story side of it, and how yummy-delicious both Jake and Heath are in the movie, but lately in the past day or two   --  and this is blending what AP wrote in her story with the movie, plus a LOT of wisdom from fellow posters  --  I am thinking that the main theme of the story is about Ennis not accepting his attraction to Jack, more than it is a pure love story.  The lines in the story after the flashback ----  well this could turn into a major essay, so I will save it for the boards.  Anyway hello to y'all, and are you guys keeping the same monnikers you had over at IMDB?  I know I have appreciated many of the regular posters' posts.  I can't reel the names off, but I will be looking for them!

J

PS:  buy the full screen version, it shows more stuff at the bottom of the screen!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2006, 01:39:25 am »
I have had Brokeback Fever ever since, I have not watched any other TV in weeks, (why am I even paying for cable TV these days?) I have not kept up with my favorite show the Apprentice, all I have done about that is tape the episodes, I don't even know who is left.  I work, come home, read the boards, watch BBM, sleep, read the boards, think about BBM duning my long commute back and forth, etc.  It is an addiction!

LOL!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well, you've come to the right place.  Welcome!

About the full screen version... I was in Barnes and Noble today and there was this big fancy, lovely display of BBM stuff (DVDs, soundtrack, Proulx books, and even a big special cardboard stand to hold it all).  Of course, my little heart was touched by all this.  I noticed that the DVD cover is now much improved by the removal of the cheesy white border and Oscars reference.  I already have all of the items on that display (widescreen DVD, soundtrack, books, etc.) but I felt an overwhelming urge to buy something anyway.  I felt almost guilty walking by without buying something.  Sad, I know.  So, now I have an excuse!  Maybe I'll go back and buy a full screen edition. 
 ::)
I have heard others around here mention that there are details that get cut off at top and bottom margins in the widescreen edition. 

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2006, 06:35:59 pm »
but I felt an overwhelming urge to buy something anyway.  I felt almost guilty walking by without buying something.  Sad, I know.

I was in a small supermarket buying milk this evening, and I saw they had BBM to rent. I had to forcibly remind myself that I already owned it, and there was no excuse whatsoever to rent it.  ::) :D *joins atz75 in the sad corner*

((((Mel)))) Hi, thanks for the welcome. :) Yes, I knew you were nakymaton. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post here. Writing takes a lot of time, and I feel that there's not much I can say about BBM that hasn't already been said.  I'm also rather overwhelmed by the number of threads. Love the smileys, though.  8)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2006, 07:55:51 pm »
Welcome, Sarah!  I'm glad to see you posting here.  Makes my Brokie heart beat happily.  :D

Hi to all the new folks and to mel again.  This is a great place to call home!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Two_mules

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2006, 09:27:52 pm »
Welcome, Sarah!  I'm glad to see you posting here.  Makes my Brokie heart beat happily

Thank's, meryl. :-* Missing you. I must still be jetlagged. It's 2-30am and I'm still buzzing. Tomorrow's the first morning I have to get up early since I got back. Crunch time.

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:16 pm »
Hello...

battered refugee from Imdb, here.

Nice place you've got...

I know a few of you from that experience...  Gay, Victoria... and probably more...

Congratulations on your troll bust.

Kudz

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2006, 01:54:56 am »
Welcome, new folks!  Glad you're here. 

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2006, 02:01:36 am »
Welcome, new folks!  Glad you're here. 

Yes Welcome to Chez Tremblay! 

Hey we need to come up with a slogan or something......LOL

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2006, 03:40:29 am »

Oops, did I just commit cyber flirting here? ;D

I bloody well hope so!  My pleasure Jenny. 

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2006, 03:44:16 am »

Hey we need to come up with a slogan or something......LOL

How about

"You may break our Back, but you can't break our Spirit!"

Or maybe

"Finally you're here!  What, were ya waiting for a mating call?"

Or perhaps

"Hi"

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2006, 04:18:26 am »
Hi all...and KDADDY!!! So good to see you here, brother!!! another escapee......!!

seriously, this is  a great plaeto heal those IMDB wounds....i wish we could get david from indiana to join us.....

gay

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2006, 03:36:42 pm »
Thanks, Gay....

still bumbling around but I'll get the hang of it.  Enjoying the slower pace (much like BBM, lol) and lack of.......
no.  I won't say it.  But I doubt I'll miss arguing with sugared-up 14-year-olds.  (not that there's anything wrong with sugared up 14-year-olds!) 

kudz

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2006, 04:13:40 pm »
i still visit over there from time to time, but when i want to really "discuss" this is the place...this is home now....

daddy...you need to try a liquored up 50something..!!
gay

Offline cricket99999

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2006, 07:15:09 pm »
Hello all,
I've slank around this site for weeks, hoping to go unnoticed. Then made a post a moment ago and realized it was time to haul my shy ass in here and say hello. 

Nice place.  Thanks to those who invited me over, and to those whose posts have made BBM so enjoyable for me!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2006, 07:16:13 pm »
Hello all,
I've slank around this site for weeks, hoping to go unnoticed. Then made a post a moment ago and realized it was time to haul my shy ass in here and say hello. 

Nice place.  Thanks to those who invited me over, and to those whose posts have made BBM so enjoyable for me!

Welcome to Chez Tremblay Cricket!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2006, 08:28:18 pm »
We got 27 new members since last Monday.  That is 10% increase in our membership!  Not bad at all!

Need a new push for new members to say Hi!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2006, 08:30:34 pm »
Need a new push for new members to say Hi!

Like I said.....we need a CT slogan or something......LOL

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:25 pm »
I dunno... CT - When you care enough to say the very best?  Ah, David's the one with the talent for slogans.  :)

Welcome to all the new folks.  I'm an IMDb/PT refugee, myself.  Like so many of us here, I totally understand where you all are coming from.  Saw the movie for the first time in January.  Was stunned by it.  Didn't really cry, and then I sobbed, until the next day.  I haven't been able to get those two out of my head ever since.  Nor would I want to, if I could.

Good to know you all.  Take off your coats and stay awhile - you're among friends here.

~ Barb
(The artist formerly known as the Lordess of All Things Brokeback)
No more beans!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2006, 08:17:56 am »
Hi to everyone,

Some of you may already know me from IMDB.  I've survived several troll invasions (well, actually, I think it may be the same troll). 

I certainly recognize some familiar names in these postings and I am looking forward to reading some of the postings here.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2006, 09:48:28 am »
Hi bjblakeslee!

I miss your bouncing blue smiley!! (That was you, wasn't it?)

See ya on the forums!

ANKE   :)

Offline Anya_Angie

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Figure skating is not figure jumping! - Ilia Kulik
    • Balletic Tzar
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2006, 09:15:06 am »
Hi all! It's me! Just found out about this place yesterday! Great to see everyone here!
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky when we walked in fields of gold...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2006, 09:02:29 pm »
Hi all! It's me! Just found out about this place yesterday! Great to see everyone here!

Hello and welcome.  I remember you from IMDb...  We never really met, but I ready lots of your thought-provoking posts.  Nice to see you here.

Offline LilyValley

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2006, 01:18:29 am »
 ;D Howdy y'all!

I've written a bit about myself in the introduction thread, I would just like to say hi here too! Usually I am just a lurker on other boards, but I decided, hey, this looks like a friendly bunch of people, so here I am! I am a 14 year old Kiwi girl from Wellington, a complete Brokie and am looking foward to making lots of new friends here!

See you around!  :)
if you can't stand it you got to fix it!

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:27 am »
Howdy to you too, Lil Darlin!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2006, 01:33:23 am »
;D Howdy y'all!

I've written a bit about myself in the introduction thread, I would just like to say hi here too! Usually I am just a lurker on other boards, but I decided, hey, this looks like a friendly bunch of people, so here I am! I am a 14 year old Kiwi girl from Wellington, a complete Brokie and am looking foward to making lots of new friends here!

See you around!  :)

Welcome!  I'm Chris...

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »
I have just read through this thread and I realised that I haven't posted about myself.
I am no one new so all you regulars already know this(so you can switch off round about now), but just a quick "Hello!" from me to all you new people.
Well I am Becky I am 15, infact one of the youngest here at Bettermost(but definitely not the most immature ;D). I have been here at BM since the 31st of March(I have just checked) and I am loving it so far. I came over here in March cause of the troll invasion we had in IMDb and I have loved it here ever since. As I said my name is Becky, I have blonde hair and blue eyes, I live in Bedford, UK (an hour and a half drive south to London). I live with my mum, dad and sister. My sister is called Kirsty(or Krusty), she is 18(soon to be 19)and she is also known as the "Crash" sister as she actually loves the film. And our fights about it are infamous. My birthday is on the 17th of October. I am not the brightest crayon in the box, but I apparently have my moments of quick witt, trust me you will be lucky if you catch me in one of these moments cause they are once in a blue moon.
I have been completely besotted with BBM ever since I saw it on the 8th January 2006 in Cambridge. And soon after I found the guys on IMDb. I love everything BBM and I infact have a whole BBM scrapbook, I know it is sad but it controls my collecting OCD.
I have made some really good friends here and I love you all. :-* Most of my friends are also powerful people here at Bettermost, so watch your step....A'ight. :laugh:
My posts are normally a better quality than this, but I am watching ER at the same time as watching this, so don't blame me if I randomly right ER characters names in this post.
I hope I get to know all the people I don't already know, cause you all seem like wonderful people from what I have read.
I am off to go and watch ER cause my brain hurts from all the multi-tasking.
Love,
Beckala

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2006, 05:23:44 am »

Welcome newbies...

;D ;D

Put on a pot of coffee and I'll be right around...

Put on a jug of beer and I'll be there sooner!  :P
Chut up!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2006, 06:52:42 am »
Hi everyone, thought I'd do the polite thing and start out by introducing myself. Got invited over here by Meryl, and I also briefly posted at the ImdB boards while that was the place to be.

My Brokeback story's a common enough one, I suppose: Read the short story back in November and was completely captivated, started going online for information and discussions of the story and the film, saw the film in mid-January and walked around in a speechlessly stunned daze for days after that. Started posting a lot about it, mostly discussions in LJ-land over several months. Now I've just gotten hold of the DVD and the love is as strong as ever. So - here I am, and very glad to be here with you! Better late than never.  :)

And can I just say - I love the cowboy emoticons!  :D

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2006, 12:21:15 pm »
Hi everyone, thought I'd do the polite thing and start out by introducing myself. Got invited over here by Meryl, and I also briefly posted at the ImdB boards while that was the place to be.

And can I just say - I love the cowboy emoticons!  :D

Welcome, welcome.  Any friend of Meryl's...  We love the cowboy emoticons too.  I predict this is the only BBM forum where you'll find them, and just an indicator of how crazy we all are!  Looking forward to getting to know you, Mikaela.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2006, 12:39:23 pm »
Hey, Mikaela, so glad to see you here!  :-*   

Now I've got all three of my LJ Brokeback experts here to rub elbows with:  nakymaton, two_mules and Mikaela.  Life is good and just got better!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2006, 12:44:10 pm »
Welcome Mikaela....make yourself at home...

vkm91941

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2006, 12:48:52 pm »
infact one of the youngest here at Bettermost(but definitely not the most immature ).

Hey watch it..I resemble that remark!  LOL  ::)

Hello Newcomers!  Welcome, sit a spell and chat.  We're sure you'll love it here as much as we do :D

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2006, 04:46:24 pm »
Yay, Mikaela. I'm glad you made your way here.  :-* Tell you what, friend, it's nice to talk to some new people and stop boring the rest of my LJ f-list to tears!

And I like the cowboy emoticons, too.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2006, 06:09:46 pm »
Hello to everyone new here! Happy to have you join us!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2006, 06:52:09 pm »
Hey watch it..I resemble that remark!  LOL  ::)

Well you asked for it! LOL :laugh:

vkm91941

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2006, 07:34:58 pm »
Well you asked for it! LOL :laugh:

Well, yes I did, BUT just you remember Jr that the apple does not fall far from the tree....LOVE Mom

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2006, 05:38:50 am »
Thank you everyone for the nice welcomes!  :-*

Now I'll hafta get serious about losing the "tourist" status.  :)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2006, 05:06:15 pm »
Well, yes I did, BUT just you remember Jr that the apple does not fall far from the tree....LOVE Mom

"Shot a Coyote, big son of a bitch; balls on him the size of apples." I guess them apples don't fall far from the tree after all! ;D Jr.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:10:01 pm by Becky »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03:30 pm »
Yes! Hi, although I'm not really new. I just decided to stop lurking and start posting!
I'm another european (belgian) brokeback mountain fan (worshipper? believer? addict?). It's just nice to be here...where people do right by you.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2006, 10:36:17 pm »
Yes! Hi, although I'm not really new. I just decided to stop lurking and start posting!
I'm another european (belgian) brokeback mountain fan (worshipper? believer? addict?). It's just nice to be here...where people do right by you.

Excellent - it's always great to see lurkers turn into posters!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2006, 02:35:52 am »

Welcome to Chez Tremblay!  :)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2006, 12:19:43 pm »
WELCOME! I'm from Belgium too!

~ j U d E

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2006, 02:02:36 pm »
Hi Jude, nice to know you!
I should get a nice BBM picture and signature line to smarten up my posts, I know. Still working on that. Love your picture though.
Did you know Donnie Darko is on tv next week? (Canvas wednesday 31th may) I haven't seen that film, have you?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 02:06:16 pm by belbbmfan »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2006, 03:52:55 pm »
Yeah, that was/is me...  I miss my big blue bouncing signature smiley too.   >:(

I've been lurking on this board trying to get my sea-legs here.  IMDB's board is fading away.  Apparently many people have moved here, and I am trying to get the hang of navigating this system.  Haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet ???

Hello to anyone else that recognizes me, I feel many of you are like old friends I haven't seen in some time!  Haven't quite figured out how to find everybody I enjoyed seeing at IMDB, but if you enjoyed any of my contributions to IMDB, I would love to hear from you! :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:07:55 pm by bjblakeslee »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2006, 04:27:12 pm »

Hi to you CoyotePiper! 

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2006, 07:44:08 pm »
Hi Jude, nice to know you!
I should get a nice BBM picture and signature line to smarten up my posts, I know. Still working on that.
I like the one you have!!

Did you know Donnie Darko is on tv next week? (Canvas wednesday 31th may) I haven't seen that film, have you?
Hi! I have seen Donnie Darko (got the DVD). I think..  I think.. I have to see it again. Kind of didn't understand anything at all..... ??? :laugh:  I'll check it out again on Canvas!

So, are you more a Jake or a Heath kind of person?

~ j U d E

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2006, 04:49:05 am »
So, are you more a Jake or a Heath kind of person?

Hi Jude,
Heath! From all the interviews I've read, he just seems such a relaxed kind of guy. Maybe it's because he's Australian. And the way he became Ennis and made all of us care so much about his character, (even though this was a man who could be very aggressive), that sure tells you something about what an intelligent and sensitive guy Heath must be.
Guess you're also a 'Heath kind of person', right?? ;D

Offline bkamberger

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2006, 04:27:52 pm »
Howdy, old friends! And looking forward to meeting all you new ones!

Thanks, Ellemeno & Co., for being the stars to guide me home.

Here's to the sweet life!
Bill

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2006, 04:30:36 pm »

Bill

Hi to you, Bill!  Hope to see you on the threads!

Offline PatSinnott

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Tell you what.......the truth is........
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2006, 05:34:52 pm »
Been on the Forum, but not in this area before, so HI!
Looking forward to getting to know y'all... 

PS  I'm a Texan by choice.....or the grace of God if you prefer that one.   ;)
..yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream.

moremojo

« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2006, 07:40:55 pm »
Hi, Bill--

Glad you found your way to our safe, scintillating refuge, to which I am wont to affectionately refer as "the bean site". I remember your handle from the Classic Film board on IMDb. Haven't been too active there lately, as Brokeback Mountain has taken over my life, and tends to push most other movies and stories to the periphery of my attention. One of our fellow IMDb'ers (ju-bu, I think?) asked me for a 100 best-films list there months ago, and I'm still getting around to compiling that! I do know that ol' Brokeback will be included, though. ;)

Cheers,
Scott

« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:57:56 pm by moremojo »

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2006, 08:45:37 pm »
Hey Bill,

Welcome a-board (hee hee hee, i'm so punny  ;) )
I remember you from the IMDB boards. Glad you found your way here.

Enjoy the BetterMost promised land!
Keren/ELJ
Jack Nasty loves you!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2006, 11:44:25 pm »

Bill

Welcome Bill!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2006, 02:55:26 am »
Bill!  So glad you are here. 

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2006, 08:57:31 am »
Ok, I,m a newbie too, so Hi to everyone.  I,m Jane, (as you can see).  I,m a brokie addict from England.  I,m so glad I found this place. I,ve honestly lost count of the number of times I,ve watched the film now.......  I have to say as well that I,m impressed with the guy who wrote the short stories?  Especially the one with Ennis and his new love.  That was really good.  Wonder if Ang ever reads these messages?  Who knows??  tc all.xx
Always and forever. J&E.xx

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2006, 11:49:27 am »
Ok, I,m a newbie too, so Hi to everyone.  I,m Jane, (as you can see).  I,m a brokie addict from England.  I,m so glad I found this place. I,ve honestly lost count of the number of times I,ve watched the film now.......  I have to say as well that I,m impressed with the guy who wrote the short stories?  Especially the one with Ennis and his new love.  That was really good.  Wonder if Ang ever reads these messages?  Who knows??  tc all.xx

Welcome aBOARD Jane...

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:30 pm »
Howdy  :)

Not sure if I'm a newby or not, since I've posted to other areas of Bettermost.  Either way, here I am  :P.

Stats not terribly impressive at 8 big screen viewings, 4 dvd viewings (I practice a cruel and unusual form of restraint), one t-shirt, and one copy of Close Range, but we're building on it. 

Life thoroughly upended (in a GOOD way, tiawahcowboy, in a GOOD way) since first viewing left me  :o ??? :'( :( ??? :o :'( all those months ago.  Response has matured into  :) :)  :'( :'( :) :).

Guess I'll be seeing you around

W

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2006, 01:59:16 am »
Hi all, thanks for the friendly invitations to make myself known here. I came into the site as a refugee from IMDB, as, it seems, have many others. Once I get some sense of what this site has on it, I may be making the occasional contribution, but I doubt that I'll ever be making them essay-length. Nice to be here.
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy Birthday Lily from Zealand!!
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2006, 09:49:14 am »
Even tho U haven't posted since the middle of May, we hope U will come and gather yr birthday greetings today. Wow the big 15!! Guess U can do what U want, now, ain't that right!! Have a great one!!