Author Topic: Spotlight Quiz  (Read 9664 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Spotlight Quiz
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:23:21 am »

This "Spotlight" quiz appears every Sunday in the Sydney newspaper, the Sunday Telegraph. One celebrity is spotlighted and answers the questions each Sunday. How about giving it a go yourself?

1. Live:

2. Brief Profile:

3. Am obsessed with:

4. Can’t live without:

5. Am petrified of:

6. Am proud of:

7. Really need to:

8. Don’t get why:

9. Think alternative medicine is:

10. Relax by:

11. Fantasize about:

12. Fridge usually contains:

13. Teenage years were:

14. Family is:

15. Favourite thing is:

16. Friends don’t understand why:

17. Attitude to exercise is:

18. Relationship with my body is:

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:

20. Left or right or on the fence:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
Re: Spotlight Quiz
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:24:02 am »
1. Live: Sydney, Australia

2. Brief Profile: Born 1949 in Sydney, Australia, to loving parents, the youngest of their four sons. The rest is history. I will be retiring next year and hope to move to a rural area in up-state New South Wales, where I will purchase acreage and name my homestead “Cherry Cake Cottage.”

3. Am obsessed with: Brokeback Mountain

4. Can’t live without:  Brokeback Mountain, my home, my car, my computer – oh, and George, of course.

5. Am petrified of: Flying and spiders

6. Am proud of: What I have achieved in life

7. Really need to: Stop procrastinating with my painting, apply myself more diligently, and produce more paintings.

8. Don’t get why:  Religion seems to bring out the worst in people, when it should really do just the opposite.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Excellent, when utilized in conjunction with conventional medicine.

10. Relax by: Painting, reading, walking

11. Fantasize about: Being married to Christopher Meloni! (seriously, being a famous artist – a painter)

12. Fridge usually contains: Not a lot.

13. Teenage years were: Best forgotten.

14. Family is: Deceased.

15. Favourite thing is: Curling-up with a good book on a rainy day, in a big comfy over-stuffed old armchair.

16. Friends don’t understand why: They’ve stopped wondering about me and accept me the way I am, as I do with them.

17. Attitude to exercise is: I enjoy walking.

18. Relationship with my body is: Good. I look after my body by not over-eating and by getting good exercise (walking) every day. I should probably get more sleep (presently 6 hours average each night). I go to my doctor (he’s gay) for a complete physical examination every 12 months, whether I need it or not. I’ve never smoked and only drink in moderation (one glass of red wine with my evening meal).

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:  My mama taught me never to discuss religion in polite company.

20. Left or right or on the fence: Mama also taught me never to discuss politics.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 03:29:50 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:42:37 am »
Whew!

How about if I try this one tomorrow Kerry? In the meantime I'll sticky post it for a couple or few days for you, okay?  :D

It looks like a good one though and I can't wait to answer it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 03:49:22 am »
Whew!

How about if I try this one tomorrow Kerry? In the meantime I'll sticky post it for a couple or few days for you, okay?  :D

It looks like a good one though and I can't wait to answer it!

Cheers, David. Thanks for stickying it. I look forward to reading your responses.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:04 pm »
1. Live: Indianapolis, Indiana

2. Brief Profile: Born in Indianapolis. Attended college both in Indianapolis and Vincennes, Indiana. Lived in South Florida for 2 years and also in Evansville, Indiana for roughly 7.5 years.

3. Am obsessed with: My boyfriend, my music, my friends and my dog

4. Can’t live without: My boyfriend, my music, my friends and my dog!

5. Am petrified of: rodents; mice especially. I don't like flying bugs either.

6. Am proud of:I don't really think I'm proud of anything! I'm proud to be a member of BetterMost!!  :D

7. Really need to:calm down and try not to do 100 different things at once. I'm very hyper.

8. Don’t get why:I don't get why I'm having such a hard time answering these questions! GEEZ!!! Okay, I don't get why it's so difficult for people to get along with each other.

9. Think alternative medicine is:worth looking into. They have been practicing alternative medicine in other countries for thousands of years, sometimes with surprising success.

10. Relax by:playing my violin or cello. Reading also relaxes me. So does hiking in the woods or working out with my weights.

11. Fantasize about:Retiring sometime in the next hundred years  ::) and traveling the world with my friends.

12. Fridge usually contains:Mustard, ketchup, mayonaisse, salad dressing, lettuce, coffee (yes, I keep my coffee in the ice box), milk, juice, bottled water, and lots of leftovers.

13. Teenage years were:fun but very stressful.

14. Family is:Mom passed away in 2003, Dad is alive and living in Indy. My sister now lives in Colorado. My niece, her children and my nephew live in Indy.

15. Favourite thing is:My boyfriend Alex. He lives in London, England and I miss him something awful when he's not here with me.

16. Friends don’t understand why:They don't understand why I can't sit my ass down for 2 seconds and relax. I drive them NUTS, I think!

17. Attitude to exercise is:Love it! Can't get enough of it!!

18. Relationship with my body is:I have an excellent relationship with my body I think.

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer

20. Left or right or on the fence:People say I'm so far on the left I'm standing in the next county. Don't know about that, but I'm definately left.

That was hard Kerry!  :D  Thanks for posting it!!

Come on! Who's next??  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:01:55 am »

It's harder than it looks at first glance. Good answers, David.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 02:17:06 am »
1. Live:   Southern California, Temecula Valley, Riverside County

2. Brief Profile: Born 1961,to Kathleen and Bennett, in Montana between Butte and Missoula, weight 5 lbs 6 oz and came out cooing my Mom says, never did cry.  My Dad swears I smiled at him when they put me in his arms and that my eyes were completely focused on his.  He says he got the overwhelming feeling I was very happy to have finally arrived. 

3. Am obsessed with: LIFE!  more specifically Bob, my family, my closest friends, dogs, especially my golden retrievers, movies, books, art, theater, I also have a rather keen interest in spiritualism and the paranormal.  I am glued to the tube whenever any of those shows about hauntings are on

4. Can’t live without: BOB he is my love, my life, my touchstone, he grounds me... and ... I absolutely must have a dog in my life always.

5. Am petrified of: Falling. I don't like heights at all, there will be no rock climbing, bungee jumping, sky diving etc for this girl, it would kill me.

6. Am proud of: Completing my post graduate degree

7. Really need to: plant a vegetable garden this year and then make perseves in the fall with my harvest

8. Don’t get why: Some people have to mean.  Meanness, smallness, pettiness are choices and they say alot about the person who chooses them.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Very valid, many "alternative" treatments are merely treatments from days gone by and many are beneficial.  Of course you have to pay attention to seperate the quackery from the valid but that's no problem as long as your remember one thing:  If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!

10. Relax by: laying in the hammock with a good book, cuddling with my husband and listening to music or watching a movie, taking my dogs on a walk around the lake

11. Fantasize about: Traveling the world

12. Fridge usually contains: all the usual condiments and salad dressings, orange juice, Milk, Diet Coke, Harp Ale, 2 or 3  kinds of cheese ( right now it's Brie, Fontaggio, Dubliner) Turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, bacon, butter, a bottle of Savignon Blanc, lettuce, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatos, green onions, red onion, red potatos, carrots, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, bing cherries and 1/2 of a cherry pie

13. Teenage years were: a mixed bag, lots of fun, but I was so much taller than everyone else I took a lot of teasing that was very painful and left me doubting my body image and my attractiveness.  I heard the word "Amazon" alot and to this day cannot tolerate anyone critising a woman for her appearance.

14. Family is: very loving, always has been.  We lost my little sister Roberta in 1971, my Grandfather in 1968, Grandmother in 1977,  Mom in 1994 now it is just Daddy, Teddy and Me....but we have added Bob ( of course) Sandy (Teddy's wife) and my neices Debbie, Heather and Ellie.

15. Favourite thing is: SsssssHHHH don't tell anyone but I am a homebody at heart.  I love being at home, keeping house, gardening, cooking for my husband, (I don't iron his shirts or darn socks  we send that stuff out) but I could easily slip into my shirtwaist and Donna Reed pearls and play housewife.   ;)

16. Friends don’t understand why: If they wonder anything about me I have no idea, no's ever said anything to me

17. Attitude to exercise is: It is a necessary evil, I enjoy walking but everything else is a chore and a bore besides I hate to sweat.

18. Relationship with my body is: Ongoing and evolving.  I try to be kind to it by making healthy food choices, staying away from junk food for the most part, getting a little exercise, enough sleep, regular check up....but I do need to lose a few pounds...it's just so friggin hard!

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer born and bred, but I have no use for hypocrits and do not suffer gladly those fools who presume to sit in judgement of others based on their narrow views and misintrepretations.  Even God doesn't presume to judge us until our last day.

20. Left or right or on the fence: a heathy step left of center

WHEW Kerry that was WORK   :P
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:53 am »
1. Live:   Southern California, Temecula Valley, Riverside County

2. Brief Profile: Born 1961,to Kathleen and Bennett, in Montana between Butte and Missoula, weight 5 lbs 6 oz and came out cooing my Mom says, never did cry.  My Dad swears I smiled at him when they put me in his arms and that my eyes were completely focused on his.  He says he got the overwhelming feeling I was very happy to have finally arrived. 

3. Am obsessed with: LIFE!  more specifically Bob, my family, my closest friends, dogs, especially my golden retrievers, movies, books, art, theater, I also have a rather keen interest in spiritualism and the paranormal.  I am glued to the tube whenever any of those shows about hauntings are on

4. Can’t live without: BOB he is my love, my life, my touchstone, he grounds me... and ... I absolutely must have a dog in my life always.
5. Am petrified of: Falling. I don't like heights at all, there will be no rock climbing, bungee jumping, sky diving etc for this girl, it would kill me.

6. Am proud of: Completing my post graduate degree

7. Really need to: plant a vegetable garden this year and then make perseves in the fall with my harvest

8. Don’t get why: Some people have to mean.  Meanness, smallness, pettiness are choices and they say alot about the person who chooses them.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Very valid, many "alternative" treatments are merely treatments from days gone by and many are beneficial.  Of course you have to pay attention to seperate the quackery from the valid but that's no problem as long as your remember one thing:  If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!

10. Relax by: laying in the hammock with a good book, cuddling with my husband and listening to music or watching a movie, taking my dogs on a walk around the lake

11. Fantasize about: Traveling the world

12. Fridge usually contains: all the usual condiments and salad dressings, orange juice, Milk, Diet Coke, Harp Ale, 2 or 3  kinds of cheese ( right now it's Brie, Fontaggio, Dubliner) Turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, bacon, butter, a bottle of Savignon Blanc, lettuce, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatos, green onions, red onion, red potatos, carrots, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries, bing cherries and 1/2 of a cherry pie

13. Teenage years were: a mixed bag, lots of fun, but I was so much taller than everyone else I took a lot of teasing that was very painful and left me doubting my body image and my attractiveness.  I heard the word "Amazon" alot and to this day cannot tolerate anyone critising a woman for her appearance.

14. Family is: very loving, always has been.  We lost my little sister Roberta in 1971, my Grandfather in 1968, Grandmother in 1977,  Mom in 1994 now it is just Daddy, Teddy and Me....but we have added Bob ( of course) Sandy (Teddy's wife) and my neices Debbie, Heather and Ellie.

15. Favourite thing is: SsssssHHHH don't tell anyone but I am a homebody at heart.  I love being at home, keeping house, gardening, cooking for my husband, (I don't iron his shirts or darn socks  we send that stuff out) but I could easily slip into my shirtwaist and Donna Reed pearls and play housewife.   ;)

16. Friends don’t understand why: If they wonder anything about me I have no idea, no's ever said anything to me

17. Attitude to exercise is: It is a necessary evil, I enjoy walking but everything else is a chore and a bore besides I hate to sweat.

18. Relationship with my body is: Ongoing and evolving.  I try to be kind to it by making healthy food choices, staying away from junk food for the most part, getting a little exercise, enough sleep, regular check up....but I do need to lose a few pounds...it's just so friggin hard!

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Believer born and bred, but I have no use for hypocrits and do not suffer gladly those fools who presume to sit in judgement of others based on their narrow views and misintrepretations.  Even God doesn't presume to judge us until our last day.

20. Left or right or on the fence: a heathy step left of center

WHEW Kerry that was WORK   :P

That is soooo sweet!!!  :-*  :-*

Me too Dottie!! I love "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi channel, and "Most Haunted" on the Travel Channel, and anything else in between!  :D

I couldn't agree more. I don't know what I would do without my boyfriend Alex and my dog Cody!

[[[Dottie]]]  :-*  :-*

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 03:09:30 am »

Me too Dottie!! I love "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi channel, and "Most Haunted" on the Travel Channel, and anything else in between!  :D

ME TOO!  Bob and I watch all that stuff.  And those shows that use to be on The Discovery Channel called "A Haunting"  good creepy supposedly true stories.  Bob always says "WHY do they stay, that stuff starts happening here and we are HISTORY!"  :laugh:
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:24:18 am »

I'm with you, Dottie. I too am a real homebody. I love my home and enjoy being at home. I'm safe here. "They" can't hurt me here. My paintings are on the walls, my books are in the bookcases, my trusty easel is in the corner, and my collection of statues of Egyptian gods look benevolently down at me. This is my space. It's so good to be here.

I'm with you about the judgemental hypocrites, too. Isn't there something in the Gospel of St John that says, "Judge not lest ye be judged, for as ye judge so shall ye be judged." (close as I can remember - long time since I read it) 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 04:27:53 pm »
Cool one, Kerry!  :D

1. Live:  Boca Raton, Florida

2. Brief Profile:  Born in western New York state.  Got a BA at college and lived and worked in Ohio for six years.  Met my husband of 17 years there and moved to Florida in 1993.  We have a five-year-old son.

3. Am obsessed with:  This board, this movie, everyone in it, and everyone here (in a good way - don't worry!)

4. Can’t live without:  My family.  Everything else can be replaced.

5. Am petrified of:  Out-living my son, the first big hill on roller coasters (then love the rest), Palmetto bugs (giant cockroaches with wings)

6. Am proud of:  My son, my house, my job, calling all of you my friends, and my dainty and pretty feet

7. Really need to:  Lose this last 10 pounds, get more sleep, stop drinking on the weekends so much

8. Don’t get why:  George W. Bush ever won a second term.  I still haven't forgiven my fellow countrymen and women for that one and perhaps never will.

9. Think alternative medicine is:  Viable sometimes, but not always.

10. Relax by:  Meditating, listening to my favorite music, floating on my back in my pool and looking at the sky

11. Fantasize about:  Having homes in Manhattan, Chicago, San Francisco and London (i.e., winning the lottery)

12. Fridge usually contains:  Skim milk, purified water by the gallon, Gatorade, leftovers of some kind, condiments, salad dressings, margarine, cheese, Jell-O (for Will)

13. Teenage years were:  Really wonderful, all-in-all.  I wasn't terribly popular, but I didn't care.  I lived in a beautiful place, had a boyfriend I was in love with to do stuff on the weekends with, and got along with my parents.

14. Family is:  My son and husband, first and foremost.  My Mom died in 1992.  Dad and stepmother are in North Carolina.  One brother is in western New York and the other is in Ohio.  My husband's family are all in Georgia.  His Mom died in 2004.  He has a brother and a sister.

15. Favourite thing is:  My son's laughter.

16. Friends don’t understand why:  I get so worked up about politics.  Well, some friends don't.  The best ones are the same way and totally understand.

17. Attitude to exercise is:  It's a necessary evil.  I like to take walks and go swimming, but I hate working up a sweat.  I've always been a profoundly lazy person at heart.

18. Relationship with my body is:  Love/Hate

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:  Proud atheist since 1992

20. Left or right or on the fence:  Extreme far left - I'm basically a Socialist.
No more beans!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 04:50:02 pm »

5. Am petrified of:  Out-living my son, the first big hill on roller coasters (then love the rest), Palmetto bugs (giant cockroaches with wings)

UGH!!!!  :P

I remember those things! We had them in Fort Lauderdale. AWFUL!!! I'm so glad we don't have those Palmetto bugs up here. They make our cicadas look like fruit flies by comparison.

Yucky!!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:58 am »
1. Live: Tullahoma, TN, USA
2. Brief Profile: 39 years old, divorced, no children, elderly mother, younger brother, software developer, lived in Boston for 9 years and loved it, ready to move and try new things
3. Am obsessed with:  Brokeback Mountain and BetterMost, duh!  ::) and making lists...
4. Can’t live without:  books
5. Am petrified of:  not living up to my expectations for myself, losing my self-discipline
6. Am proud of: my friends and some of my work
7. Really need to: take myself less seriously, learn to live in the moment (see #5)
8. Don’t get why:  innocent people suffer horribly
9. Think alternative medicine is: helpful in many circumstances
10. Relax by: reading, watching movies
11. Fantasize about: travelling indefinitely
12. Fridge usually contains: frozen meals, yogurt, Ensure
13. Teenage years were: difficult, but with episodes of fun; I've had a real job since 14
14. Family is: dependent on me or angry because I won't allow them to be dependent on me
15. Favourite thing is:  blues, old jazz, whine, Bogart movies
16. Friends don’t understand why: I don't put my mother in a nursing home.
17. Attitude to exercise is:  I love it if I can just get myself to the gym...getting there is 95% of the problem.
18. Relationship with my body is: mostly negative re:weight, but I'm impressed with how healthy I am considering the stress I subject myself to - resilient so far, anyhow.
19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or:  ???
20. Left or right or on the fence: As left as they come, likely.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 08:30:43 am »
17. Attitude to exercise is:  It's a necessary evil.  I like to take walks and go swimming, but I hate working up a sweat.  I've always been a profoundly lazy person at heart.

I agree, Barb. I find it so unseemly to sweat!  8)

How's that old saying go, "Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow."  ::)   ;)   :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:36:03 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 08:46:29 am »
8. Don’t get why:  innocent people suffer horribly

Me too, Lynne. I just can't get my head around why innocent people have to suffer. It's so sad. Makes me realise, though, how very grateful I should be for all my blessings.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 09:33:31 am »
I agree, Barb. I find it so unseemly to sweat!  8)

How's that old saying go, "Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow."  ::)   ;)   :D

LOL.  As my Mom used to say and now I do, screw that.  I SWEAT.  And often when I'm just sitting here.  Friggin' frackin' menopause...
No more beans!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 09:40:27 am »
LOL.  As my Mom used to say and now I do, screw that.  I SWEAT.  And often when I'm just sitting here.  Friggin' frackin' menopause...

Speaking for myself, I only ever GLOW!!!  ;)   ;)   ;)    :-*   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 12:37:27 am »

1. Live: Texas

2. Brief Profile: Housewife, mother of 2 one surviving.

3. Am obsessed with: LOL!! Bettermost!

4. Can’t live without: Coke, Computer, Don (my husband)

5. Am petrified of: waterbugs and people

6. Am proud of: my family

7. Really need to: learn self Discipline

8. Don’t get why: people can't be nice

9. Think alternative medicine is: ok in conjunction with reg med

10. Relax by: hanging out in the garden...playing with the cats

11. Fantasize about:  ;D ;D; being rich, too... ;)

12. Fridge usually contains: just reg stuff

13. Teenage years were: hard

14. Family is: important??

15. Favourite thing is: nature

16. Friends don’t understand why: I don't like to hang out.

17. Attitude to exercise is: Sheesh...who has the energy?

18. Relationship with my body is: it is what it is...

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: agnostic.

20. Left or right or on the fence: LEFT

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54:09 am »
1. Live: Irvine, Scotland – this is a town on the west coast about 30 miles from Glasgow. 9 commute to Glasgow every day).

2. Brief Profile: Born in 1981, I have one sister (who is ten years older than me) and we were brought up by mother as my mother unfortunately had 2 failed marriages. She likes to point out that out of each she gained a daughter so it was worth it. I have 3 nieces. I work for the Scottish Government in Housing and live with my boyfriend of 15 months and my cat Skimble.

3. Am obsessed with: bebo.com (A british my-space which it seems everyone and there mother has a page on and I can bebo stalk old school friends and see where there lives have taken them!)) bettermost.. anything else B? Boyfriend? I also love The Amazing Race – that obsession has calmed down a little but I still love it!

4. Can’t live without: the laptop. The cat. Callum most probably – he makes me laugh, he slags me off, he puts up with my nagging.

5. Am petrified of: death when I think about it too much. Not being happy.

6. Am proud of: my strong headedness. My degree. My mum. Me stepping up to fill the principal cornet spot when no-one else would – I’m not brilliant but I try and that’s the main thing. My recent walking escapades.

7. Really need to: get fit for Nijmegen. Lose some of the ‘winter/Callum moving in and my eating habits get slightly worse and his better’ weight before my ‘summer’ holiday in September.

8. Don’t get why: life just can’t be simple and uncomplicated and peaceful.

9. Think alternative medicine is: often very useful.

10. Relax by: Day dreaming about constant travelling,

11. Fantasize about: constant travelling – being free of financial worries.

12. Fridge usually contains: milk, salad vegetables, mayonnaise, cheese, beer, orange juice, salad dressing, butter, Grapes, aubergines, yogurts.

13. Teenage years were: Geeky but fun. I worked hard at school and at university but had a good set of friends and had a good hobby in my brass band and cornet playing. Looking back my relationship at the time held me back towards the end, but everything happens for a reason and my life would have taken a whole different route should I have not had that boyfriend.

14. Family is: important, and great to have around but also the most annoying thing ever at the same time.

15. Favourite thing is: having a clear mind – but it never is! My head is always spinning with thoughts.

16. Friends don’t understand why: I stress so much – they think its funny!

17. Attitude to exercise is: I enjoy walking and callanetics – but hate the gym. Team sports or team exercise is the way forward for me I think as I need the motivation of others to continue. But my knees are knackered so nothing too high impact. I enjoy walking though as I can have time to think and clear my mind.

18. Relationship with my body is: I feel my exercise and snacking habits could be better. But I generally eat well and do a good bit of walking – but it always goes down the pan between October and March.

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: somewhere between beliver and agnostic. I don’t attend church but I hope there is something bigger out there and the fact that I try to be a good person is enough.

20. Left or right or on the fence: Umm.. you know what I’m more of a middle-r when it comes to UK politics (i.e Lib Dem)  and a bit of a green or socialist in the Scottish politics where proportional representation allows small parties some voice in politics. I generally base my assumptions opn each individual area that comes up rather than generally. Don’t like Bush though!

David – I didn’t know you played the Violin/Cello! That’s so cool!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:40 am »
1. Live: North of Atlanta GA

2. Brief Profile: Born in 1966 in the Appalchian Mountains of Western VA. Grew up in GA but spent all my summers and holidays in the Mountains of VA. I have a beautiful daughter who is the greatest gift I have ever been given.

3. Am obsessed with: Brokeback Mountain

4. Can’t live without: My little girl

5. Am petrified of: spiders

6. Am proud of: My little girl! She's so amazing.

7. Really need to: figure some things out

8. Don’t get why: people can be so hateful to each other

9. Think alternative medicine is: somthing to look at

10. Relax by: riding horses, working outside

11. Fantasize about: I'll never tell

12. Fridge usually contains: too much food

13. Teenage years were: painful and confusing

14. Family is: the best

15. Favourite thing is:

16. Friends don’t understand why: I'm depressed a lot

17. Attitude to exercise is: oh I'd rather not

18. Relationship with my body is: strained at best

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: believer

20. Left or right or on the fence: on the fence leaning more to the right.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:07:43 am »

Thank you for responding to the Spotlight Quiz Jess, Kelda and Lee. Threads like this are a great way for us  all to learn more about each other. And they're fun, too!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 10:05:47 pm »

1. Live: Hillsboro Oregon USA

2. Brief Profile: Female over 60, Married, 4 children and 9 grandchildren

3. Am obsessed with:  Brokeback Mt. and Bettermost

4. Can’t live without:  internet

5. Am petrified of:  Becoming incapable

6. Am proud of:  Much, My Kelsey

7. Really need to: Keep exercising.

8. Don’t get why: People can be mean sometimes.

9. Think alternative medicine is: Useful for some things

10. Relax by:  Reading and listening to music.  Going to a good movie.

11. Fantasize about:  Winning the lottery!!

12. Fridge usually contains:  Milk which i dont drink.  Eggs, butter, tomatoes and lettuce, pickles, mayo, stone ground mustard.  sour cream, yogurt. oh yeah condiments.  Katsup

13. Teenage years were: turbulent, and fun

14. Family is: insular

15. Favourite thing is:  friends and family.  Going on vacations

16. Friends don’t understand why:  I have such an obsession with BBM

17. Attitude to exercise is: Well exercise for exercise sake, I hate it.  Exercise while doing a fun activity ...great.  playing pool, such

18. Relationship with my body is: Not too thrilled right now.  For sure

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: Im a definate agnostic

20. Left or right or on the fence: Oh there is a fence.  Im so far on the left, I wasnt aware there was one. 

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 11:07:23 pm »
I have no resistance to these things!!

1. Live: On the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains

2. Brief Profile: yes, my profile is brief on account of my little turned-up nose!

3. Am obsessed with: Brokeback Mountain, duh! and BetterMost

4. Can’t live without: Being in the mountains, lately

5. Am petrified of: can't think of anything

6. Am proud of: lowering my blood pressure without drugs

7. Really need to: get to Wyoming soon

8. Don’t get why: I'm like this!

9. Think alternative medicine is: it should be the preferred medicine, not the alternative

10. Relax by: Being outside, soaking in a hot tub, talking with my FRiends

11. Fantasize about: living in...Wyoming

12. Fridge usually contains: fresh vegetables, yogurt

13. Teenage years were: tempestuous

14. Family is: scattered this summer

15. Favourite thing is: my Brokenback pinecone

16. Friends don’t understand why: my FRiends understand me pretty well, sometimes better than I understand myself

17. Attitude to exercise is: love it, especially when I can do it outside

18. Relationship with my body is: I'm pretty happy with it lately

19. Believer or atheist or agnostic or: I believe in female-based religions and Buddhism

20. Left or right or on the fence: I jumped the fence and ran off to the mountains
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 11:36:05 pm »
Very nice Spotlight Quiz, Kerry.

I have just read all of everyone's and you guys are sooooo

It was great getting to know ya like this---all sweet, interesting people from all over the place. Many ways different; many ways alike.

I'm gonna fill it in later--can't focus right now.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 08:13:42 am »

Thanks for stepping into the SPOTLIGHT, Janice and Lee. It was fun to read your responses. :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 08:17:57 am »
Very nice Spotlight Quiz, Kerry.

I have just read all of everyone's and you guys are sooooo

It was great getting to know ya like this---all sweet, interesting people from all over the place. Many ways different; many ways alike.

I'm gonna fill it in later--can't focus right now.

Thank ya kindly for your positive feedback, Shasta. We look forward to reading your responses.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 11:41:54 am »
20. Left or right or on the fence: I jumped the fence and ran off to the mountains

Thats the best answer ever!! LOL
I love it! ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"