Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74359 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Word has it that some regular posters over at the Brokeback Mountain board at IMDb have been suffering from deletions and more than usual harassment by trolls.  If that's driven you over to BetterMost in search of some peace and quiet, well, we're glad to see you.  Those of us who started Chez Tremblay here went through the same thing last year.

Our format's different, and it takes a little time to get used to surfing the forums, but it's really user-friendly and chock full of great conversations.  Best of all, BetterMost is populated by friendly, funny, smart and loving people who have Brokeback Mountain as their common denominator.  Don't be shy about speaking up, because we love to see new folks in town.  You'll fit right in, sure enough.

It'd be great if you'd leave a post on this thread to let us know you're here so we can give you the royal treatment.  Cherry cake, coffee and whiskey are on the house!  8)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:55:56 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:38:32 pm »
Yep, I check BBM on Imdb.com.  A few weeks back, a troll was baiting posters about having some ethical issues with the film. Sounded relatively tame, the usual thing about cheating on their spouses, etfc.  Then a good BROKIE alerted others this  poster used to go by the name ... and this is a sample of some of their previous. Very nasty posts.  IMDB posters are getting more savy about troll baiters... 

injest

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:03:47 pm »
My name is Jess. I am the moderator for the Our Daily Thoughts forum....welcome to Bettermost!

injest

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:10:11 pm »
Hey there, Gary!

You are from the big ol bad Imbd...or imdb?? I have never been over there myself but I hear it can get rowdy over there!

It is hardly EVER rowdy here....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:16:13 pm »
Welcome new members!

I started out on IMDb back in Dec 2005, just days after seeing the movie. I was there through the troll wars, the exodus to Chez Tremblay, more troll wars and then...Bettermost. This is a wonderful place and I am glad to welcome you.

In addition to being a Tremblayan, and Bettermostian, I am moderator of two writing forums: Fanfiction & Poetry, and the Creative Writer's Corner. Check them out if you are interested.

Enjoy all we have to offer here. It is a great place.

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:20:37 pm »
Hey there everybody,
We was having a good old time posting our sexy, home made fan fiction stories about our favorite cowpokes, Jack with Ennis when the entire thread was abruptly canned then I got banned. No explanation, no apologies offered.

The folks at IMDb run me off, so that's how me got here.

David, my boyfriend, made the interesting comment: This is how gay people feel all the time. Discrimination hurts!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
Hey there IMBDer's

I just wanted to say how glad I am that you all found your way here.  I was there quite a bit for a while, but not really recently. (marlb over there)

I am really glad that you decided to came over here. :D

Wellcome!!!!

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:33 pm »
I've actually been on this board as a "tourist passin' through" until today.  I still have an "undercover" ID over at that "other" site, but will make better use of my online time over here with the reast of my former IMDb buddies, and they all now who they are! Plus I'm looking forward to getting to know so many more fans of this excellent, heart-wrenching story and film.  I feel right at home here!

THE WINGS

....and for the benefit all my IMDb Brokeback buddies:

a.k.a. most recent Ids to oldest: KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449

injest

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:06 pm »
Hey there everybody,
We was having a good old time posting our sexy, home made fan fiction stories about our favorite cowpokes, Jack with Ennis when the entire thread was abruptly canned then I got banned. No explanation, no apologies offered.

The folks at IMDb run me off, so that's how me got here.

David, my boyfriend, made the interesting comment: This is how gay people feel all the time. Discrimination hurts!

well we have a whole forum devoted to nothing but! Check it out...and start up a thread there! You are free to start new threads now....no waiting! Louise and Leslie are the mods there...you will find they are experts at the fan fic thang!  ;)

injest

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »
I've actually been on this board as a "tourist passin' through" until today.  I still have an "undercover" ID over at that "other" site, but will make better use of my online time over here with the reast of my former IMDb buddies, and they all now who they are! Plus I'm looking forward to getting to know so many more fans of this excellent, heart-wrenching story and film.  I feel right at home here!

THE WINGS

....and for the benefit all my IMDb Brokeback buddies:

a.k.a. most recent Ids to oldest: KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449

I've seen you 'winging' thru...glad to see you posting!

(I like Doug Nasty myself!  ;) )

:laugh: