Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74558 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Word has it that some regular posters over at the Brokeback Mountain board at IMDb have been suffering from deletions and more than usual harassment by trolls.  If that's driven you over to BetterMost in search of some peace and quiet, well, we're glad to see you.  Those of us who started Chez Tremblay here went through the same thing last year.

Our format's different, and it takes a little time to get used to surfing the forums, but it's really user-friendly and chock full of great conversations.  Best of all, BetterMost is populated by friendly, funny, smart and loving people who have Brokeback Mountain as their common denominator.  Don't be shy about speaking up, because we love to see new folks in town.  You'll fit right in, sure enough.

It'd be great if you'd leave a post on this thread to let us know you're here so we can give you the royal treatment.  Cherry cake, coffee and whiskey are on the house!  8)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:55:56 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:38:32 pm »
Yep, I check BBM on Imdb.com.  A few weeks back, a troll was baiting posters about having some ethical issues with the film. Sounded relatively tame, the usual thing about cheating on their spouses, etfc.  Then a good BROKIE alerted others this  poster used to go by the name ... and this is a sample of some of their previous. Very nasty posts.  IMDB posters are getting more savy about troll baiters... 

injest

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:03:47 pm »
My name is Jess. I am the moderator for the Our Daily Thoughts forum....welcome to Bettermost!

injest

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:10:11 pm »
Hey there, Gary!

You are from the big ol bad Imbd...or imdb?? I have never been over there myself but I hear it can get rowdy over there!

It is hardly EVER rowdy here....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:16:13 pm »
Welcome new members!

I started out on IMDb back in Dec 2005, just days after seeing the movie. I was there through the troll wars, the exodus to Chez Tremblay, more troll wars and then...Bettermost. This is a wonderful place and I am glad to welcome you.

In addition to being a Tremblayan, and Bettermostian, I am moderator of two writing forums: Fanfiction & Poetry, and the Creative Writer's Corner. Check them out if you are interested.

Enjoy all we have to offer here. It is a great place.

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:20:37 pm »
Hey there everybody,
We was having a good old time posting our sexy, home made fan fiction stories about our favorite cowpokes, Jack with Ennis when the entire thread was abruptly canned then I got banned. No explanation, no apologies offered.

The folks at IMDb run me off, so that's how me got here.

David, my boyfriend, made the interesting comment: This is how gay people feel all the time. Discrimination hurts!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
Hey there IMBDer's

I just wanted to say how glad I am that you all found your way here.  I was there quite a bit for a while, but not really recently. (marlb over there)

I am really glad that you decided to came over here. :D

Wellcome!!!!

Offline THE WINGS

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:33 pm »
I've actually been on this board as a "tourist passin' through" until today.  I still have an "undercover" ID over at that "other" site, but will make better use of my online time over here with the reast of my former IMDb buddies, and they all now who they are! Plus I'm looking forward to getting to know so many more fans of this excellent, heart-wrenching story and film.  I feel right at home here!

THE WINGS

....and for the benefit all my IMDb Brokeback buddies:

a.k.a. most recent Ids to oldest: KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449

injest

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:06 pm »
Hey there everybody,
We was having a good old time posting our sexy, home made fan fiction stories about our favorite cowpokes, Jack with Ennis when the entire thread was abruptly canned then I got banned. No explanation, no apologies offered.

David, my boyfriend, made the interesting comment: This is how gay people feel all the time. Discrimination hurts!

well we have a whole forum devoted to nothing but! Check it out...and start up a thread there! You are free to start new threads now....no waiting! Louise and Leslie are the mods there...you will find they are experts at the fan fic thang!  ;)

injest

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »
I've actually been on this board as a "tourist passin' through" until today.  I still have an "undercover" ID over at that "other" site, but will make better use of my online time over here with the reast of my former IMDb buddies, and they all now who they are! Plus I'm looking forward to getting to know so many more fans of this excellent, heart-wrenching story and film.  I feel right at home here!

THE WINGS

....and for the benefit all my IMDb Brokeback buddies:

a.k.a. most recent Ids to oldest: KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449

I've seen you 'winging' thru...glad to see you posting!

(I like Doug Nasty myself!  ;) )

:laugh:

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:37:16 pm »
My name is Clyde-B and I’m a brokeaholic.

It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve seen ‘The Movie’

I have friends at IMDb that help me keep my mind off ‘The Movie’ by writing little stories to read instead. Friends like toycoon, littlewing, garycottle, Susiebell.

I’m glad to see so many friendly faces (many of them familiar) over here as well.

injest

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:47:33 pm »
hey, now...a newbie!

Welcome...check out our fan fic section...AND the Open Forum...where you will find a LOT of great threads talking about the movie....feel free to start a thread if you want to talk about something that is not already being discussed.

I am really glad to see you here!

Jess

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:52 pm »
My name is Clyde-B and I’m a brokeaholic.

It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve seen ‘The Movie’

I have friends at IMDb that help me keep my mind off ‘The Movie’ by writing little stories to read instead. Friends like toycoon, littlewing, garycottle, Susiebell.

I’m glad to see so many friendly faces (many of them familiar) over here as well.

Welcome to BetterMost Clyde!!! I'm glad you joined our community! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts! I am a former IMDb member too. I user name was David-Indiana. I left IMDb and joined BetterMost just over a year ago. Please send me a pm if you have any questions or concerns! I'd be more than happy to help!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:46 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  It's great to be here.   :)

Gary

Welcome to BetterMost Gary!  :D

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 10:50:41 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

I first saw BBM back in May of '06 and started posting at IMDb and also here at BetterMost.  I haven't been posting of late, as my life has taken a busy turn, but, I am coming back over here (and also keeping watch that our IMDb board doesn't get TOO overrun with trolls), and want to support my friends:

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

and I want to thank you all at BetterMost for your warm embrace and welcome to all the IMDb users who have been burned of late and disheartened....

Your love and support and open arms is just wonderful.

Daphne
(Daphne7661)
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

injest

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 10:52:31 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

I first saw BBM back in May of '06 and started posting at IMDb and also here at BetterMost.  I haven't been posting of late, as my life has taken a busy turn, but, I am coming back over here (and also keeping watch that our IMDb board doesn't get TOO overrun with trolls), and want to support my friends:

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

and I want to thank you all at BetterMost for your warm embrace and welcome to all the IMDb users who have been burned of late and disheartened....

Daphne
(Daphne7661)

;D ;)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »
Well, I'm chuffed to see so many replies here!  8)

Welcome garycottle and Clyde-B, and welcome back THE WINGS, Toycoon and Daphne7661!  You may be tourists at the moment, but not for long.  I see my fellow residents have already started the back-slapping.  Pull up a log and stick a boot in the fire.  Hey, hold out your cup and let me pour some whiskey for ya.  Cheers!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 11:06:52 pm »
Hey there everybody,

I'm so sorry this happened to you!  :'(

You are more than welcome to post your fanfic over here at BetterMost. We have an entire forum devoted to it, inhabited with some extremely talented writers!  :)

I hope you will post some of your fanfic here, and if so, I will be sure to read it!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 11:09:55 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

Daphne
(Daphne7661)

Daphne, I remember you from IMDb. I was David-Indiana over there. I realize you joined BetterMost last year, and I am so happy you decided to return! I always enjoyed reading your insightful posts on IMDb. I hope I will have the same privilege here too!  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 11:23:05 pm »
A warm howdy to all of you folks making your way to BetterMost from IMDB.  I'm glad to see you, only sorry it's under troll/deleting posts circumstances.

Like Meryl said, pull up a chair and have a piece of cherry cake, cuppa coffee, or whisky on shares.  ;)

I had the pleasure of meeting Toycoon and David at the Denver BBQ.  I was prepped because Ellemeno had her eyes peeled for the two of you from the outset! ;)

Anyhow, I'm glad you're here, and I think you'll find us a friendly, welcoming lot.  Add to old favorite threads or create new ones, tell us about yourselves, post fan fiction or other creative writing, news about the movie, the people involved, or anything else that strikes your fancy - just generally be at home.

PM any moderator (blue red at the bottom of the page), or any other user for that matter, if you have any questions or need assistance.

Welcome!!!

Lynne
Moderator, Movie Resources

P.S.  Don't forget to check out Brokeback Mountain Radio - there are links at the right of the page!  It's one of the BEST perks of BetterMost!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:20:12 pm by Sheriff Roland »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 11:37:55 pm »
I am so thrilled to see you here, Toycoon.  Hey everybody, I got to watch BBM WITH Toycoon, innedcrayons, atz75, LauraGigs, Lynne, and a couple more people ON Toycoon's birthday.  I sat next to him!!  :)

Those of you I already know a little (littlewing, Malina) I think are wonderful, and am sure the rest of you are each wonderful too.

If you need to gather as a little group, there are a couple of ways to do that here - you could start a new thread whose title indicates what it's for.  (Others might stop in to wish you well.)  You could also meet in chat.  In fact, I think it'd be nice if we all smarten up and had a special welcome chat for you all in the next few days.  What do you think?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 12:02:47 am »

Glad to have you here Friends!  Hope you feel right at home.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:14 am »
Hi everyone!

So glad to see friends from IMDB over here, and all the sweet welcomes from Bettermostians.. I've actually had an account here since last fall, but have posted only a little... lurked quite a bit... well, lurked and explored, trying to get the 'feel' of it over here, and I must say.... even though I continued to spend most of my posting time on IMDB, I've always loved knowing that Bettermost was here. It feels like a beautiful warm place.. safe and creative and a true labour of love.

Now, I don't have all the obsession-driven hours that I used to, to spend posting... as I've decided I do need to actually make a living...  :laugh: ... working from home on the computer with the boards always in easy reach makes that challenging sometimes, as I'm sure you can imagine... but now that so many of my friends are over here I will start checking in every day or so to see what's goin' on..

Looking forward to meeting new BBM friends, too. And thank you to everyone who has made this such a beautiful place for us to come...

xo m.

injest

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 12:35:13 am »
Hi everyone!

So glad to see friends from IMDB over here, and all the sweet welcomes from Bettermostians.. I've actually had an account here since last fall, but have posted only a little... lurked quite a bit... well, lurked and explored, trying to get the 'feel' of it over here, and I must say.... even though I continued to spend most of my posting time on IMDB, I've always loved knowing that Bettermost was here. It feels like a beautiful warm place.. safe and creative and a true labour of love.

Now, I don't have all the obsession-driven hours that I used to, to spend posting... as I've decided I do need to actually make a living...  :laugh: ... working from home on the computer with the boards always in easy reach makes that challenging sometimes, as I'm sure you can imagine... but now that so many of my friends are over here I will start checking in every day or so to see what's goin' on..

Looking forward to meeting new BBM friends, too. And thank you to everyone who has made this such a beautiful place for us to come...

xo m.

I like that that comes across...that is how I feel about Bettermost too. I feel safe here.

Glad to meet you!

XX

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 12:42:54 am »
Hi everyone!

xo m.

Welcome to BetterMost Malina! I hope you will enjoy it here. I'm sure you will.  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 12:49:32 am »
Hello everyone at Bettermost. My name is Shasta and I watched "Brokeback Mountain" in October 2006. I was an instant Brokie, but didn't even know what to call it until I started reading and posting on the BBM board.  :)

My friends Daphne, Littlewing, ClancyPants, Malina, Toycoon, Balrog, Samrim, Doug, ScissorhandsRaineyLuv, BannerHill  and many others just took me in and patiently answered all my questions.

Then as time went on I made a lot of new friends who began to post after watching the movie, and the place just seemed like home with everyone there. Because they'd all seen the movie and loved it too.

Now if they are moving, so am I. I hope to get to feel at home here too. I know Lauragigs and Ellemeno from their visits, so it's nice to have someone familiar here.

Daphne--I have been missing you and our Jake-Fests. Your post on this thread was so sweet.  I figured you've been very busy.

Anyway, it'll take me awhile to understand how to get around, but thank ya'll for welcoming us and helping us out. :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 01:03:14 am »
Malina and Shasta, it's wonderful to see you here!  Make yourselves at home.  Looking forward to hearing more from you both!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 02:16:15 am »
Welcome to BetterMost Shasta!!!  :D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 02:19:14 am »
In fact, I think it'd be nice if we all smarten up and had a special welcome chat for you all in the next few days.  What do you think?

I think that's an excellent idea. The chatroom is one of the great features available at BetterMost, and it would be wonderful to talk to imdb friends here in real time.

Welcome (or welcome again!), toycoon, malina, Daphne, susiebell, Shasta, Clyde-B, garycottle, dagi and Doug (Doug! I knew you'd been switching around, but I didn't even realize all those people -- THEWINGS, KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449 -- were you! :laugh:) And littlewing, I haven't seen you on this thread, but I know you're out there on BetterMost somewhere, and I'll talk to you soon.

:-* to all!

Katherine / latjoreme / ineedcrayons

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:26:08 am by ineedcrayons »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 03:54:57 am »
Welcome all! I was also an IMDBer back in the day but moved to bettermost on 31 March 2006 with many many others. I look forward to getting to know you all.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:45:08 am »
Want a friend from good old Sweden....?
I've got my account, I'm here to stay but it will take a few days until you see me again. I'm off to Stockholm later today, I'll be back Monday. My best to you all and to Bettermost who greets us so friendly as we come here, one after the other....

I can see something really nice, a spell-check!! Now I don't need to excuse myselffor my poor spelling anymore!!!
Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Well, look what the wind blew in...
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 09:17:29 am »
Susie f-ckin' Bell! I thought I'd never see you again!
I should have never let you out of my sights back on IMDb.
I didn't see your account any more; IMDb run you off, too?

I told you it would be nice over here. Like  said before, I had the most amazing time at the B-B-Q, I knew I would eventually end up at BetterMost. I just didn't know it would be so soon!

Howdy everybody! Thanks for the warm welcome and safe place by the fire.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 09:46:49 am »
If you want, once you start your new "Jack with Ennis" thread here, you can post the link for it in this thread, to keep easy track of it while you learn your way around.

If we can help you with ANYthing, let us know.  I think a lot of us here are just thrilled to be able to welcome you in, just as we were welcomed in when WE needed refuge from the difficulties at IMDb.  :-*

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 10:00:10 am »

Well I am sending you all a rehi from the ones I sent earlier.  I hope I didnt miss anyone.  If I did, please accept
my most sincere apologies.  I try to send everyone a private welcome.  I sometimes miss you if there are two at close intervals.  So welcome again to the ones I have already spoken to...You are most cordially welcome here.  And welcome to the ones I missed.  Looking forward to your contributions and friendly faces........
         Ifyoucantfixit         janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 10:04:14 am »
Janice and everyone, to see a list of BetterMost members, go here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0;desc

You can also find a place to click to see the members list at the bottom of the main forums index page.  Then sort by "Date Registered" to see the most recent arrivals.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 10:42:07 am »
Susiebell and berit, it's a pleasure to meet you!  I love having more Eurobrokies in our family.  Never enough Eurobrokies, never enough!   :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 10:54:52 am »
Hi Ellemeno and Janice,

It feels nice and cosy here  :)

janice, I was wondering, how do you get pictures in your signature line?  :-\  (I'm a perfectionist, I want to get it right).

And could you tell me what that little "piece of paper" icon is at the left of the title in each post??

(You're going to get sick of me asking questions real soon)

Love Susie xox  :-*

I've never noticed that piece of paper icon!  :)  As far as I can tell, clicking on it does the same thing as clicking right next to it, on the subject line of the post, which is it makes the url at the top of the page become specifically for that exact post.  So if you wanted to share something like, Go to THIS post,"  you would include that url in your link.

As for putting images and words in your sig line:
1) Go to your profile page by clicking on your username on the left.
2) On the left, click on "Forum Profile Information."
3) Find the spots you want to fill in.

Keep your questions coming!  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 11:21:07 am »
Here are a few of the handiest tips I know of for getting around this site:

• When you're writing a post, the buttons above the text window are convenient. Most do more or less the same things as the coding at imdb does -- put text in bold, or colors, or quotes, or hyperlink, etc. -- but they do it with fewer strokes. Just highlight the text you want affected and then click the button.

• In the box at the top of the page, clicking on "Show new replies to your posts" does just what it says -- calls up all of the threads you have posted on that someone else has since added to.

• "Show unread posts since last visit" calls up a list of ALL new posts, whether you've contributed to that thread or not.

• Once you call up the list of threads, clicking on the little blue "NEW" button next to the title of a thread takes you right to wherever you left off on that thread.

:)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 01:39:36 pm »
I think that's an excellent idea. The chatroom is one of the great features available at BetterMost, and it would be wonderful to talk to imdb friends here in real time.

Welcome (or welcome again!), toycoon, malina, Daphne, susiebell, Shasta, Clyde-B, garycottle, dagi and Doug (Doug! I knew you'd been switching around, but I didn't even realize all those people -- THEWINGS, KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449 -- were you! :laugh:) And littlewing, I haven't seen you on this thread, but I know you're out there on BetterMost somewhere, and I'll talk to you soon.

:-* to all!

Katherine / latjoreme / ineedcrayons

Ah, yes, I'm here.  I was reading a few things before I noticed this beautiful welcome thread!  Thanks so much for the welcome, everyone.  I have been here all along, but I haven't been able to spend as much time here as I would like.  It is so nice to see my friends gathered in such a positive place:

Malina
Toycoon
Berit
SusieBell
Garycottle
Clyde-B

I hope I didn't miss anyone!  Daphne and Malina have been here for ages, as well!  We'll be very happy here, I'm sure.  Thanks again for the welcome, all!  :)

Dagi

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:26 pm »
Hi Gals and Guys!

It feels great to be here, I´m looking forward to hangin´ around, and I´d be very happy if we started a new Jack&Ennis thread.
A wave to Susie, Merrily, Gary, Littlewing, spiceylife, toycoon, Bruce, Clyde, Katherine, Malina, Daphne, and each and everyone of you!

I was blown away by your welcome, this is really a warm comforting fireplace, again, I´m happy to have moved on.

javascript:void(0);
Kiss
Dagi
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:07:23 pm by Dagi »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 03:00:22 pm »
I'm so glad you are all here!
I've missed some of you alot and look forward to getting to know the others!
It'll be a sweet life here, you'll see!
Somebody suggested I look here and here i've been ever since!
Welcome!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Hello to all of my good friends from IMDB!  I am glad to see so many of you made it here!

True_Oracle_of_Phoenix / Bruce

aka

CrowJumpin
Cowbot_x
GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40
The_Bar_in_Signal
Boot_in_the_Fire
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 03:16:30 pm »
:) Hello TOoP! Are you still in the process of moving? Have fun! (I never knew any of your other names--very interesting!) ;)

Thanks to everyone at Bettermost for the warm welcomes! Nice to know ya.
;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 03:32:23 pm »
Oh yes!

I will be continuing to pack and move all through this month...

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 05:09:13 pm »
Hi Gals and Guys!

It feels great to be here, I´m looking forward to hangin´ around, and I´d be very happy if we started a new Jack&Ennis thread.
A wave to Susie, Merrily, Gary, Littlewing, spiceylife, toycoon, Bruce, Clyde, Katherine, Malina, Daphne, and each and everyone of you!

I was blown away by your welcome, this is really a warm comforting fireplace, again, I´m happy to have moved on.

javascript:void(0);
Kiss
Dagi

Hi, there, Dagi!  I knew I missed someone!  Welcome in, Sweetie!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 05:15:44 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost Dagi and Bjblakeslee! I hope you both enjoy your new forum! I'm sure you will. Please send me a PM if you have any questions or comments. I'd be happy to help you and answer your questions.  :)

Littlewing, you've been around our parts for awhile now, but I haven't read very many posts from you lately, so I also welcome you to Bettermost.... err.... maybe more like a "REWELCOME" to Bettermost!  :D

Anyhow, a big warm welcome to everyone!!  :)

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2007, 05:27:31 pm »
ToOP!! I had no idea you were all those people! I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do remember some brilliant comments from GeorgeObliqueStroke... of course I don't remember what they were... but I do get the general impression of an aura of brilliance!

And thank you everyone for all the nice welcomes... and it's so good to see people I know and love... littlewing, daphne, toycoon, Susie, Shasta, Gary, Dagi... I'm probably leaving out a bunch but I am notoriously bad at enumerating... you see, the root 'num' as in 'number' makes me nervous and uncertain... seriously, last night my daughter actually convinced me I was a year older than I actually am! That's how numerically challenged...

And I have just realized there's something else perfectly elementary I don't know how to do. I wanted to "quote" ToOP's message and then write my own underneath it, but when I used the 'quote' function, my own message ended up looking like it was quoted too... it was in the square with the teeny tiny printing... so what I had done was just added to the quote, and posted that. I couldn't see anywhere else for me to type, though, after I had done the quoting. What is the correct way, please?

xo m.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 05:39:32 pm »
glad to see you all!!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 05:42:32 pm »

And I have just realized there's something else perfectly elementary I don't know how to do. I wanted to "quote" ToOP's message and then write my own underneath it, but when I used the 'quote' function, my own message ended up looking like it was quoted too... it was in the square with the teeny tiny printing... so what I had done was just added to the quote, and posted that. I couldn't see anywhere else for me to type, though, after I had done the quoting. What is the correct way, please?

xo m.

Malina, I just sent you a PM about quoting messages. Please let me know if you didn't receive it, or if you have any other questions.  :)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »
ToOP!! I had no idea you were all those people! I'm not familiar with all of them, but I do remember some brilliant comments from GeorgeObliqueStroke... of course I don't remember what they were... but I do get the general impression of an aura of brilliance!

And thank you everyone for all the nice welcomes... and it's so good to see people I know and love... littlewing, daphne, toycoon, Susie, Shasta, Gary, Dagi... I'm probably leaving out a bunch but I am notoriously bad at enumerating... you see, the root 'num' as in 'number' makes me nervous and uncertain... seriously, last night my daughter actually convinced me I was a year older than I actually am! That's how numerically challenged...

xo m.

Most of the other identities were "bumpers" to keep things from rolling off the back end every two weeks.  The majority of the work was done by Ogmallet and Northernplains.  I would pitch in when I had the time.  

CrowJumpin was a chance to play with an ascii art program I was trying out and to do something more interesting than just post "bump".  

TOoP evolved into the "archivist of lost but not forgotten threads".  I think people began to expect a TOoP post to be a "rerun" so I began to post afresh under Cowbot_X.

Cowbot_x was becoming the identity I was posting under more frequently until trolls got the account wiped.  

GeorgeObliqueStrokexr40 was friendly enough, but I never really gave him much of a personality,  since his reason for existance was his low quota making him a very good bumper.  

Boot in the Fire accidentally started a thread on Brokeback anagrams.  It was meant to be a TOoP post, but I forgot who I was.  

The Bar in Signal has a unique feature in that I never updated the IMDB format for that ID so I was able to use it to search through 250 thread titles on the board at a time letting me see quickly the whole board in 5 pages.  With the use of the search function, I could quickly find out if a lost thread had been deleted or if it was still active, but just lost.  The Bar in Signal is also a bumper with a low quota.

None of these names were meant to deceive anyone, just throw trolls off the track.  They were simply utilitarian identities to allow me to occasionally help Ogmallet and Northernplains bump threads when the traffic got heavy.  No pretence of the sort is needed on this board.

TOoP / Bruce

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 06:02:27 pm »
David, you probably explained it more articulately than I can, but in case others might find the quoting function useful, I'll give it a shot here. If yours is better you can post yours and I'll delete mine.

To start a post quoting another post, click on the blue "Quote" button in the upper right corner of their post. That will open a new post window, automatically quoting their post. You can delete the parts you don't want to quote, then write your own stuff below it.

If you want to quote someone AFTER you've already started writing your post, put your cursor where you want it to go in your post, then scroll down the page, find their post, and click on "Insert Quote" in the upper right corner. The quote will appear in your text box where you left the cursor.

Or you can cut and paste a passage, then highlight it and click the button above the text window that looks like a cartoon speech balloon, and it will automatically be in quote format.

When you're done, you'll have something that looks like this (asterisk added so it won't actually do it).

[qu*te] Blah blah blah ... [/qu*te]

(As at imdb, the coding format is usually [something] beginning, [/something] at the end, but sometimes the "somethings" are different here.)

Beware, as Malina discovered, if you have a stray [/qu*te] lying around or accidentally delete one, it's easy to have the whole message end up in the yellow square with the teeny tiny printing. So when quoting, it's best to preview it before posting (though I myself have forgotten to do this waaaayyy too many times).

Does that make sense?

CrowJumpin was a chance to play with an ascii art program I was trying out and to do something more interesting than just post "bump". 

Bruce, so there's a program that automatically does those? And here I pictured CrowJumpin meticulously typing and spacing characters one by one to create those elaborate pictures!  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 12:23:46 am »
Hi, my name is Merr and I am a new arrival from IMDb.  I am from San Diego, CA and one of the older posters.  We have been having troll attacks over at IMDb so, I decided to come here and find out about BetterMost.org.  I have loved my time at IMDb, but the administrators over there is not interested in ethics or consideration.   ::)

Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people.

Merr ;D

Hi, merr!  Welcome in!  It is good to see you here!  Merr, I did see your e-mails.  I thought I answered the last one.  I may have made a mistake in sending it out.  Anyway, forgive my tardiness in getting back to you.  I'll get to you very soon.  I have some pics I want to send you as soon as I've loaded them on the computer.  :)  Again, welcome.  We'll have a ball here!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 12:24:51 am »
Welcome merr7242!!!

So happy to have you here!  Many of us here at BetterMost started our own journeys as Brokies on the IMDb boards and we completely empathize with the struggles you're all experiencing at the moment with trolls.  It can be so upsetting and disheartening to see a beloved forum become over-run by trolls and negativity.  I moved over to BetterMost from IMDb myself back in April of 2006 during one of the first big troll wars to hit the Brokeback page at IMDb.  I remember the bad times back then directly corresponded with the release of BBM on DVD.  It was so upsetting.  But, I was so excited to discover BetterMost and the fantastic community here that I've really very rarely looked back once I made the move here.  I still have an account over at IMDb (with this same username).  But, rarely venture back... and many of the wonderful old threads that I was active on have long been deleted by trolls, etc. 

This is truly a very safe place and beautifully run and maintained by our great admins Phillip and Ellemeno.  :)  Anyway, have fun exploring all the forums around here.

cheers
Amanda

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 12:33:46 am »
I am so happy to see all the familiar names from Imdb making it over here!!   

:D   Welcome   :D

injest

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 12:41:01 am »
Howdy, Merr!!

welcome to Bettermost!

kick your shoes off...make yourself comfy!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 01:10:35 am »
Hi littlewing.  Good to see you honey.  I just registered last night and I am still very confused.  Look forward to seeing some new fanfic from you!

Merr :)

It can be a little confusing around here at first, but you will soon find the forum very easy to use and get around in.

Your posts look fine to me Merrily, so you're getting the hang of it already!  :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
David-Indiana, is that a picture of you under your signature?
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 01:38:08 am »
You sure are cute! Were you a the Colorado, Memorial Day B-B-Q?
I don't remember meeting you, was I that drunk?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:43 am »
welcome all of you from imDB -- I hope that you find it just as comfy as I have all of this time.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

retropian

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 09:19:44 am »
Hi all. I'm here too.
I've been a member for a while, but post very very little. A lurker mostly. It's great to see other IMDB'ers here. I just can't shake BBM, or the community that has grown from it. This must really be a unique phenomenon, to have this site and DaveCulen grow from a movie. I don't think there is anything like it. I hope it keeps growing.
Ian ;D

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 09:29:36 am »
Hi all. I'm here too.
I've been a member for a while, but post very very little. A lurker mostly. It's great to see other IMDB'ers here. I just can't shake BBM, or the community that has grown from it. This must really be a unique phenomenon, to have this site and DaveCulen grow from a movie. I don't think there is anything like it. I hope it keeps growing.
Ian ;D

Hey!  Nice to see you here Ian! 

TOoP / Bruce

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: David-Indiana, is that a picture of you under your signature?
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:44 am »
You sure are cute! Were you a the Colorado, Memorial Day B-B-Q?
I don't remember meeting you, was I that drunk?

Sadly, David couldn't join us, but he was with us in spirit!! I'm thinkin we should have a mini-BBQ in Indiana sometime this summer!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: David-Indiana, is that a picture of you under your signature?
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:35 am »
Sadly, David couldn't join us, but he was with us in spirit!! I'm thinkin we should have a mini-BBQ in Indiana sometime this summer!

Heya!  I quite like this suggestion Sister Mod!  I think I could make it to Indiana from Pittsburgh!
 :D :D :D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:13 am »
They say there's a silver lining to every dark cloud, and it's true.  Even troll wars have one!  ;)

It's great to see all you new (and semi-new) members checking in.  Welcome Shasta, Merr, malina, retropian and littlewing! 

We're glad to have your energy boosting us up, and we're looking forward to reading what you have to say about our beloved movie and anything else you care to sound off about.  Please make yourselves at home!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 10:38:31 am »
Welcome to all the IMBDers. You'll find it very peaceful and comforting here. No battles to fight - just ideas to share.

Sandy

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 10:54:02 am »
Good morning (my time) to all our new and not new friends.

Please don't hesitate to ask how to meet your needs here.  I thought I would tell you a bit about the BetterMost main forums index.  http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php  It's the best way to enter BetterMost, the page I recommend bookmarking, because it has the banner on top, which changes daily-ish (or more if necessary).  The banner tells about any upcoming events, like chats, and other fun and/or necessary things.

Below the banner, the main forums index page has all the forums listed, divided into three big sections.  The first section - Town Services - has logistical BetterMost site stuff (good to browse through when you want to learn about the workings of the site) and BBM Radio (our own Live365 channel, easy to use when you're ready to try.  Plays lots of Gustavo, as well as songs that fit the theme).

The next section - Community Forums - basically has all the non-Brokeback Mountain-related forums and threads.  You can get to know them one by one.  

The third section of forums on the main forums index page is The Movie, The Message & Its Impact.  All directly BBM-related forums are here.  The Open Forum is where we talk about the movie itself (and PLEASE start threads on any large or small facet you are interested in exploring).  The Fan Fiction & Poetry Forum is where you will probably want your Jack with Ennis thread.  There are suggested guidelines in a thread at the top of the page there.

Below the forums index is some interesting stuff:
- a list of the 15 most recent messages posted anywhere on BetterMost
- a link to our calendar, as well as upcoming birthdays
- a link to our Members List (which can be ordered in different ways, depending on which heading you click)
- a link to our forum stats page (click "more stats.")
- and at the very bottom, a link to our Who's Online page, which tells you who's here now, and what they're doing (click on the line that looks something like "9 Guests, 12 Users (4 Buddies).")

Glad you're here.  Jump in.  Set yourself a goal of joining our 1000+ Posts Club (thread here in Chez Tremblay).

:-*

Elle

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 11:32:17 am »
Hi! I'm chowhound. I've been a regular poster on the Brokeback board at IMDb for the last eighteen months but as so many of my dear friends there are also registering here, I've decided to join them. Anyl guidance in navigating this board most welcome.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 11:42:52 am »
Hi! I'm chowhound. I've been a regular poster on the Brokeback board at IMDb for the last eighteen months but as so many of my dear friends there are also registering here, I've decided to join them. Anyl guidance in navigating this board most welcome.

Hey Chowhound!  Nice to see you here too!

This system is a little more complex than IMDB, but you will get the hang of it.  Ennisjack, Dave Cullen's Ultimate Brokeback Forum, and BetterMost all use variations of the same system, so once you've mastered it, you will know how to use all three boards!  The differences are mainly in how the mods have divided up the sections.

Hope to see you around here!

True Oracle of Phoenix / Bruce

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 01:44:56 pm »

Hi chowhound! I post at imdb as latjoreme, and I'm a moderator here. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. This thread gives some navigational tips, others you can kind of learn as you go along. But if there's any particular thing you're curious about, ask away! Once you get used to the features here, you'll find it's actually MORE user-friendly than imdb.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:39 am »

Yay, little Chowhound, you made it to BetterMost!
Throw another log on the fire, only two more days until the new edition of Jack with Ennis.

injest

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2007, 12:21:28 am »
Hey Chowhound!  Nice to see you here too!

This system is a little more complex than IMDB, but you will get the hang of it.  Ennisjack, Dave Cullen's Ultimate Brokeback Forum, and BetterMost all use variations of the same system, so once you've mastered it, you will know how to use all three boards!  The differences are mainly in how the mods have divided up the sections.

Hope to see you around here!

True Oracle of Phoenix / Bruce

who? US??

:laugh: :laugh:

just ask if you have any questions...or experiment! You can't break anything important...and there isn't anything that can't be undone! post post post! We love having all you new people here! It is like a breath of fresh air!

Thank all of you that have come over!!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 12:31:21 am »
who? US??

:laugh: :laugh:

just ask if you have any questions...or experiment! You can't break anything important...and there isn't anything that can't be undone! post post post! We love having all you new people here! It is like a breath of fresh air!

Thank all of you that have come over!!

Well, truth be told, IMDB is very simple text based technology. 

Any program that has graphic capabilities and push button icons for html formatting is going to look complex by comparison!

TOoP / Bruce

injest

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 08:27:29 am »
Well, truth be told, IMDB is very simple text based technology

Any program that has graphic capabilities and push button icons for html formatting is going to look complex by comparison!

TOoP / Bruce

huh?

LOL!! I have only been on the internet for a little over a year...and the first place I found (almost literally) was a forum VERY similar to this..THIS feels very easy...everything else looks WAY complicated to me.

I very rarely go off into the internet (it's SCARY out there!) and I am NOT computer savvy at all.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 09:00:13 am »
huh?

LOL!! I have only been on the internet for a little over a year...and the first place I found (almost literally) was a forum VERY similar to this..THIS feels very easy...everything else looks WAY complicated to me.

I very rarely go off into the internet (it's SCARY out there!) and I am NOT computer savvy at all.

It is just different here than IMDb.  It takes a while to get your legs if you have been using another system.  It reminds me of all the people who are scared by jumping back and forth between macs and pcs.  Once you figure it all out, it's no problem at all.

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:43 am »
It reminds me of moving to the city.

IMDb is like a small town where everybody lives on the same street and things are easy to find, just look out the front door and there they all are.

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:20 am »

IMDb is like a small town where everybody lives on the same street and things are easy to find, just look out the front door and there they all are.

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Aww, you'll fit in right fine, Clyde-B. Just set a spell, stick a boot in the fire  ;D, have a swig on the whiskey bottle.  ;D

Welcome!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 10:56:18 am »

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Clyde-B--That is a great simile. I love it. I'm a country girl at heart, so small town or big city---I have to find my way!! And I am enjoying getting to explore. Lots of fun!!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jenn

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 11:46:13 am »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Jenn.  I've finally made it over here from IMDB after receiving the lovely invitation.  What a wonderful welcome!  Thank you.
I saw Brokeback Mountain July 2006 and like everyone here, I fell in love with it.  I've lurked around here before, but I didn't set up an account until yesterday.  I'm very happy to be here and to see so many names from IMDB.
Daphne, Malina, Shasta, Susiebell, Toycoon, Littlewing, and everyone else, it's great to see you all!
Jenn

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 12:09:18 pm »
Welcome Jenn,

I was hoping to see you make it over!  Glad to have you among us here!

True_Oracle_of_Phoenix / Bruce

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:53 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Jenn.  I've finally made it over here from IMDB after receiving the lovely invitation.  What a wonderful welcome!  Thank you.
I saw Brokeback Mountain July 2006 and like everyone here, I fell in love with it.  I've lurked around here before, but I didn't set up an account until yesterday.  I'm very happy to be here and to see so many names from IMDB.
Daphne, Malina, Shasta, Susiebell, Toycoon, Littlewing, and everyone else, it's great to see you all!
Jenn

Welcome, Jen-
You'll be a Jr. Ranch hand in no time!

Toycoon

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 02:33:28 pm »

Just sending all you newbies a great big howdy.  And know you are most welcome here.. Everyone fits in here..we are nice and friendly folks.  We love brokies, and brokie stuff.  So bring all your stuff out of the
cupboards and put it in the back...in a tent or a sleeping bag, or a paper sack.  You are all beans now.

Beautiful mind

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2007, 03:46:10 pm »
Hi Jenn!!!

I'm so happy to "see" you....  I've missed you (even though I've been a bit absent myself)....

:D

Anyway, hope to see you around these parts soon, ok?

luv,
Daphne
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2007, 05:20:11 pm »
:) Jenn and Daphne -- Hello Friend-Girls!!! Glad to see you.

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2007, 06:16:59 pm »
I actually think this forum is more manageable then other BBM forums which seem quite gigantic, i.e the comparison with Bettermost being a "city" and  IMDB's being a one lane highway.  At the least, it's always relaxing experience to come here.  My bloodpressue doesn't skyrocket here as it does on viewing some posts on IMDB.com.   

A welcome to all the newbies.   ;D

injest

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

hey ya'll...you are home now...if you see your friend online send them a pm and head to chat! It is open 24/7; you can pick a room and gab to your hearts content!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2007, 08:37:29 pm »
Chowhound and Jenn, Welcome to BetterMost!  So glad to have you join your pals here.  We're excited about having new members who like to post, post, post!  Makes us get all verklempt.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2007, 09:10:24 pm »
Clyde-B--That is a great simile. I love it. I'm a country girl at heart, so small town or big city---I have to find my way!! And I am enjoying getting to explore. Lots of fun!!  ;D

The strangest part is it's our little town that's overrun with crooks and muggers and the big city is where all the nice people live!  :laugh:

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:25 pm »

The strangest part is it's our little town that's overrun with crooks and muggers and the big city is where all the nice people live!  :laugh:

That's Sooo funny  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh .... and the compliment

Hey new folks - I musta missed most a ya in the "introduce yourself" thread. Wanted ta add my thanks fer your newness and your energy. Glad you made it here and I hope you find it worth stayin and takin up residence for a good long while.

:-*
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:14 pm »
Well being somewhat shy myself and still feeling like a relative newbie around here compared to some folks ( only 6 months or so) I've held back from adding my welcome.  But I can just hear friends like, Kelda, and Sheriff Roland and Jeff and Ellemeno and Janice and David and Jess and Kerry and others  tell me how silly that is so here is my little Welcome Aboard to all you new folks. 

I posted last year at IMDB and the trolls were so nasty that I stopped completely and just lurked.  So I know how you all must be feeling.   You are going to love it here.  This place and the people here are amazing and you are very welcome indeed.  If there is one thing I have learned in my time here is that there are no strangers on Bettermost only friends folks haven't met yet and the motto aught to be TAKE WHAT YOU NEED... LEAVE WHAT YOU CAN.

;D   ;D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2007, 10:18:59 pm »
Hey new folks - I musta missed most a ya in the "introduce yourself" thread. Wanted ta add my thanks fer your newness and your energy. Glad you made it here and I hope you find it worth stayin and takin up residence for a good long while.

Thank you Sheriff Roland and Dot. We are all enjoying the warm welcomes! ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2007, 01:29:33 am »

Someone said they might arrange for a chat to get to know new members. If they do---maybe we can actually talk real time.  ;D

Yeehaw!  Please do feel free to explore our chat system!  It's loads of fun. 

Just so you know too, we have two monthly big-chat days scheduled every month.  One on the 24th of every month (in celebration of Jack and Ennis's reunion date) and one that always corresponds with the Full Moon.  There will be lots of reminders on the banner and in threads in Social Events Forum leading up to a big-chat day.  These chats are usually free-wheeling in terms of topic, but are meant to be days when we can expect loads of BetterMostians to be dropping by chat to say "howdy."  So, any newcomers, please feel free to come on by these chats.

The best reminder whenever you stop by chat, is to keep your computer audio on!  There are lots of fun audio aspect to chat around here.
 ;D :D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2007, 02:43:56 am »
Yes, feel free to experiment with chat anytime - it's always open. 

To find it, go to the top of most pages here, to that line of blue buttons and click the one that says "chat."  If you have problems with it, it's probably just because you need to update your Java, something that is easy and free to do, and will help you on many other websites too. 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:37 am »
Yeehaw!  Please do feel free to explore our chat system!  It's loads of fun.  

Just so you know too, we have two monthly big-chat days scheduled every month.  One on the 24th of every month (in celebration of Jack and Ennis's reunion date) and one that always corresponds with the Full Moon.  There will be lots of reminders on the banner and in threads in Social Events Forum leading up to a big-chat day.  These chats are usually free-wheeling in terms of topic, but are meant to be days when we can expect loads of BetterMostians to be dropping by chat to say "howdy."  So, any newcomers, please feel free to come on by these chats.

The best reminder whenever you stop by chat, is to keep your computer audio on!  There are lots of fun audio aspect to chat around here.

:D Whoo-Whee!!! Thanks for the heads up on chat, atz75!! That sounds like a lot of fun.  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:50 am »
Ellemeno, Daphne, Ineedcrayons, Shasta, Amanda, Merr and Malina-5,
I've launched the new Jack with Ennis thread on BetterMost! Please stop by and tell us what you think.
C'mon, indulge us in a little homespun tale of forbidden love, won't ya?

Toycoon

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:25 am »
The next regularly scheduled "comin through on the 24th" and "full moon" chats are a ways away ... If anybody is interested in getting together for a "Welcome Newcomers" chat sooner than that, I think it would be nice. We could schedule and publicize it right here (and elsewhere, too)!

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2007, 10:03:42 am »
The next regularly scheduled "comin through on the 24th" and "full moon" chats are a ways away ... If anybody is interested in getting together for a "Welcome Newcomers" chat sooner than that, I think it would be nice. We could schedule and publicize it right here (and elsewhere, too)!

Oh great.  Something else new we gotta learn.

(I'm old, we're supposed to complain.  They send you a complaining license with your AARP card.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2007, 10:12:50 am »
Oh great.  Something else new we gotta learn.

(I'm old, we're supposed to complain.  They send you a complaining license with your AARP card.)

Well, it's usually very easy. You click the chat button at the top of the page, and it loads automatically, and once you get to the room it's fairly self-explanatory. If not, there are people right there to help!  :)

I think occasionally people have problems with the system because of their computer's particular software, but most of the time they don't.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2007, 10:22:20 am »
I tell ya what...  ;D

its sooo nice to see some really old great threads being replied too! You guys are certainly going digging and finding some fab threads!

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2007, 10:25:09 am »
Well, it's usually very easy. You click the chat button at the top of the page, and it loads automatically, and once you get to the room it's fairly self-explanatory. If not, there are people right there to help!  :)

I think occasionally people have problems with the system because of their computer's particular software, but most of the time they don't.

Aw, I was just kiddin.  You guys have been great!   ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 05:14:03 pm »
Ah but they are all new to us!! BTW You look really pretty in your picture!!

Susie xox  8)

She does look cute in that picture, doesn't she Susie?

I love that picture of Kelda!  :)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »
I am still depressed.

I know what you saying.  Still, if you can't fix it...

There is no better place than Bettermost when seeking shelter from a troll storm.

(For those of you who might remember it, "The Brokebacklycrumb Tinies" game is now up on this board!)

TOoP / Bruce
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:47:46 pm by bjblakeslee »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2007, 07:49:07 pm »
More precisely ...

"The Brokebacklycrum Tinies" can be found at the following link

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10285.0.html on the "I Love the Lighter Side" forum

Not in "Chez Tremblay"
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »
Ah Merr, I miss you too honey!  But the Jack with Ennis thread is alive and kicking on this board now, so pop over and get writing!  I did go over to IMDb last night and got one of my posts almost immediately deleted to I ran for cover again ... I'll sneak over now and check things out!

Love Susie  SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Susibell, I see you come bearing ".gifs".

TOoP / Bruce

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2007, 07:56:44 pm »
More precisely ...

"The Brokebacklycrum Tinies" can be found at the following link

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10285.0.html on the "I Love the Lighter Side" forum

Not in "Chez Tremblay"

Thanks for the link, Sheriff!   ;D

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:33 pm »

Yeah baby!

Susie xox  8)

OMG Susie you're out of control!  I love it!  ;D

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2007, 09:04:17 pm »
   I'll calm down once I've got it out of my system!

Susie xox  8)

Oh, please don't!!!!   ;D

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2007, 09:16:51 pm »
Hehe!  There's not much chance of that anyway, I'm too much of a girly girl!

Susie

Wait until Susibell discovers that unlike IMDb, she can paste damn near any picture she wants into her post!  :laugh:

I should expect toycoon will also have a great time with that...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2007, 10:00:34 pm »
Wait until Susibell discovers that unlike IMDb, she can paste damn near any picture she wants into her post!  :laugh:

I should expect toycoon will also have a great time with that...

Wait until Susiebell discovers the "dot" thread.  She's a natural.  ;D

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1935.0.html
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2007, 02:51:24 am »
Wait until Susiebell discovers the "dot" thread.  She's a natural.  ;D

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1935.0.html

Meryl, I was just thinking that a couple of those susiebell images are perfect for the "." thread.  :)

Susie, you'll dot rings around us!  :)

Suggestion to new folks - try going into the chat on your own before a scheduled chat.  It's better to see if it works for you BEFORE you have all your buddies in there waiting for you.  It's one of the blue buttons near the top.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2007, 03:29:46 am »

Susie xox  8)

Susie xox  8)

*blush*

why thank you my lovelies!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2007, 05:18:35 am »
Just thought I'd let you all know I've officially changed my profile name to something more easily reognized.

TOoP/Bruce  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »
Me and toycoon think you look pretty cute too David!!  Perhaps I'll put up a picture of me from about 20 years ago (I looked cute back then) or maybe I'll just post one of Catherine Zeta Jones ..... no one will be any the wiser!

Awww! Thanks!  :-*

You should post a picture of yourself! We'd love to see what you look like Susie and Toycoon!  :D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2007, 05:22:41 pm »

Susie, that's perfect for the Reunion!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2007, 05:25:58 pm »
I think we should tell our vision of a Brokie--and then he or she can either tell us or show us who has come closest!!! :)

All Brokies are cute, cute, cute!! A couple of ya'll guys are sizzlin' HOTT, too. Woof!! :P

To me Susie conjures up a teenaged Shirley Temple---maybe because she told us her hair was brown and curly--or am I remembering wrong, Susie? Maybe you even used the name and that's why it's in my mind's eye. Anyway--to me she is Shirley Temple cute---with actions like the Tasmanian Devil---in other words--wild, hyper, talkative, and naughty. Happy in casual clothes, but loves to dress up and look sexy for a night on the town with Mr. S. She likes to wear tans, browns,  and the pink end of the red scale.  I think her husband loves her with all of his heart and just shakes his head at her antics. I would say he thinks she is younger now than when he married her. Medium height.  And I believe she has a perpetual twinkle in her eyes!! On a scale of 1 to 10, Susie--how did I do??  ??? LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:12 pm »

(Adjusting my glasses)

Susie, do you mean this isn't your real picture?

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2007, 06:12:06 pm »
... I have got mad curly brown hair (a few stray grey hairs that a bottle of Nice n Easy soon sorts out!)

Just so I can better visualize you, what's the colour number on the Nice n Easy box? ::)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2007, 06:21:44 pm »
8/10 shasta honey! ... I will post a piccie, I promise ... I just need to find a really good one first!!

Whoo-Whee!!! 8/10---I like my high score!! You are taller than I figured--but I did put blue first and then I changed it. Boo. I should have gone with my first instinct and I may have gotten a 9/10.   >:(

You can post a pic from a few years back if you wanna---I'm going to. LOL.
I am kicking and screaming as I age and I refuse to face the facts!!!!! Dang it!!! :'(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2007, 06:27:57 pm »
Just so I can better visualize you, what's the colour number on the Nice n Easy box? ::)

I don't say this often, but...

ROFL!!  :)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2007, 06:28:43 pm »

I am kicking and screaming as I age and I refuse to face the facts!!!!! Dang it!!! :'(

I have a saying: "You are never to old to be immature!"  ;D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2007, 06:35:37 pm »
I have a saying: "You are never to old to be immature!"  

:laugh:  Hey, I love that! It really suits me some days. Thanks, TOoP! I'll try that one out on some people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2007, 06:36:06 pm »
One thing's for sure, I ain't goin' grey gracefully!!

So, if I understood you correctly, you'd dye first?   ::)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2007, 06:40:33 pm »
She might even curl up and dye, TOoP!   :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2007, 06:55:54 pm »
She might even curl up and dye, TOoP!   :o

Shasta dear, please remember, you are talking about a condition that is PERMANENT. 

When it comes to people's feelings, I try to use LOVING CARE. It's just NATURAL INSTINCTS.

(I find a little LILT always helps to let the SUN-IN...)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2007, 07:03:24 pm »
TOoP---It is always a HIGHLIGHT of my day to get to talk to you! You are HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the crowd when it comes to SHEAR wit!! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2007, 07:05:28 pm »
TOoP---It is always a HIGHLIGHT of my day to get to talk to you! You are HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the crowd when it comes to SHEAR wit!! :P

I like your RAZOR wit!  :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2007, 07:21:07 pm »
Susie---Thank you for providing the fodder for our frivolity!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2007, 07:30:11 pm »
Susie---Thank you for providing the fodder for our frivolity!!

Yes Susie, we really didn't mean to TEASE...   ::)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2007, 07:59:03 pm »
On a more serious note:

Tonight I discovered this message on the other board -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/nest/76498157

All the work we have done at IMDb to perserve threads, seems to be facing almost certain collapse...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 01:42:20 am by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2007, 01:34:40 am »
On a serious a more serious note:

All the work we have done at IMDb to perserve threads, seems to be facing almost certain collapse...

Maybe it's only a close SHAVE.  (I know, horrible to joke about the hard work and creativity being destroyed.  But I was just catching up on the good humor on the rest of the page, and couldn't slow back down to somber right away.)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2007, 09:57:19 am »
its now deleted - what was it?

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2007, 11:26:26 am »
On a more serious note:

It's gone TOoP, can you tell us what it said?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2007, 05:45:03 pm »
All three of you are really cute, Susie! Your description didn't do you justice.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2007, 06:43:47 pm »
Susie, I feel confident that Ennis would describe you as a good-lookin' little gal.  He might even be tempted to put the blocks to you!   ;)  Thanks for the pics of your kiddies, too.  They're gorgeous!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2007, 06:56:03 pm »
Susie---you are very, very cute--and your hair is longer than I expected! The girls are little darlings. So precious!! Thanks for posting.

Are you gonna go to the 2008 BBQ? We oughtta go Susie. Would Mr. S. be up for it? I will probably be broke as usual, but I can dream, can't I??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2007, 07:18:22 pm »
Hey Susie,

The pictures are wonderful, you are all so cute!!!

Don't worry, I promise, you don't look old at all. ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »
Susie, I feel confident that Ennis would describe you as a good-lookin' little gal.  He might even be tempted to put the blocks to you!   

And you have the kind of hair that's perfect for flipping around on the dancefloor ala Cassie!  ;D

injest

« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2007, 08:35:06 pm »

AWWWWW!!

CUTE!!

them apples didn't fall from the tree!!

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:34 pm »
It's gone TOoP, can you tell us what it said?

I've reposted it here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10371.0.html

TrollHammer is gone, and her other identities are under attack by IMDB...

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2007, 11:17:41 pm »
I've reposted it here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10371.0.html

TrollHammer is gone, and her other identities are under attack by IMDB...

And the worst part is that the assholes that run IMDb seem to be on the side of the trolls.  Either that or they are too stupid or just plain too uncaring to deserve the status they have.

Sorry, but you'd think they'd have some loyalty to the people that really care about the damned movies they archive.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2007, 11:36:36 pm »
And the worst part is that the assholes that run IMDb seem to be on the side of the trolls.  Either that or they are too stupid or just plain too uncaring to deserve the status they have.

Sorry, but you'd think they'd have some loyalty to the people that really care about the damned movies they archive.

"That's how come me end up here."

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2007, 11:57:05 pm »
"That's how come me end up here."

Well, at least some good came of it!

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2007, 03:56:09 pm »
Susie, you are bella!!
And you daughters are adorable! How old?

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2007, 06:23:30 pm »
How incredible fun to see how you look, you look so GOOD. You look like a nice person....well, I have known for some time that you are a nice person but now....and so nice girls...I can imagine how proud you must be...I've gotta beautiful 13 year old boy, brown hair and eyes like hazelnuts.....want to be mother-in-law....?

injest

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2007, 08:43:07 pm »
*Jess peeking in at all the newbies*

HI!! Ya'll!!!

still having fun?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2007, 08:47:51 pm »

HI!! Ya'll!!!

still having fun?

Whoo-Whee, Jess!!! Tell ya what----High-class entertainment, this!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »
Whoo-Whee, Jess!!! Tell ya what----High-class entertainment, this!!!

hee hee...I am glad you all found us. Ya'll are fun!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2007, 09:21:03 pm »
Welcome again to all the new arrivals around here! It's always so much fun to meet new Brokies and to realize how big and extended our community really is.  Hope you're having fun exploring our little Wyoming town!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2007, 10:17:52 pm »
hee hee...I am glad you all found us. Ya'll are fun!

They're the greatest, aren't they?  ;D  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2007, 02:24:24 am »
Hiya,

I've already talked to some of you and wanted to add another

to BetterMost!  :D

We're happy to have you here and I'm enjoying the fresh breeze you bring along.

Dagi

« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2007, 03:33:41 am »
It is so much fun!! You are great, BROKIES!! So glad Ellemeno gave me that last shove !

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2007, 04:31:55 am »
How incredible fun to see how you look, you look so GOOD. You look like a nice person....well, I have known for some time that you are a nice person but now....and so nice girls...I can imagine how proud you must be...I've gotta beautiful 13 year old boy, brown hair and eyes like hazelnuts.....want to be mother-in-law....?

June 5th...the Methodist Church...2027 A.D.!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2007, 06:47:33 am »

Noooooooooo!  She's just a baby!

I wanted to echo what Dagi said and say "Thank you" for giving me that little nudge I needed ... I feel very comfortable here.

Love Susie

She'll be 33!  :)  I made it 20 years away.

I LOVE having you all here.  This was us a year ago.  So happy to be able to offer it to you now.  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2007, 07:00:46 am »
Oh yeah .... I should really learn to pay more attention!

Susie

I have a little girl too.  No way I'm going to make wedding jokes about her that don't involve at least three decades in the future.  (She's four.)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2007, 07:26:08 am »

I have a little girl too.  No way I'm going to make wedding jokes about her that don't involve at least three decades in the future.  (She's four.)

I dunno... 

Don't you think 34 is little late for starter marriage? 

Some of her friends could be married 2 or 3 times by then!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2007, 08:54:39 am »
Don't you think 34 is little late for starter marriage? 

Some of her friends could be married 2 or 3 times by then!

That was about the age I began MY starter marriage. And, yup, most of my friends were on their second by then.

::)  ;D

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:14:43 am by ineedcrayons »

injest

« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2007, 12:56:34 am »
It is so much fun!! You are great, BROKIES!! So glad Ellemeno gave me that last shove !

Clarissa's running around SHOVING people!!?? Well, that is not very nice!!

>:( >:(

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

injest

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2007, 12:57:49 am »

Noooooooooo!  She's just a baby!

I wanted to echo what Dagi said and say "Thank you" for giving me that little nudge I needed ... I feel very comfortable here.

Love Susie

nudging...shoving...what is going on with her? It is not like her at all!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2007, 01:00:28 am »

HI!! Ya'll!!!

still having fun?

How did you do that Jess? I can't never get the glow feature to work with text that big!  >:(

How did you do that?

Oh wait a minute. I can see it in your code.

It's sitting right here in front of me!!!  :laugh:

Just ignore this post everyone!  ;)

injest

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2007, 01:02:11 am »
How did you do that Jess? I can't never get the glow feature to work with text that big!  >:(

How did you do that?

Oh wait a minute. I can see it in your code.

It's sitting right here in front of me!!!  :laugh:

Just ignore this post everyone!  ;)

*ignoring*

::) ::)

ROTFLMAO!! I am staying up for a while....David is on a roll...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2007, 01:17:03 am »
nudging...shoving...what is going on with her? It is not like her at all!!

I wrote two posts over at IMDb exhorting people to abandon all the heartbreak and pain I was seeing over there.  It reminded me so much of what we went through in March, 2006.  And I knew some of us literally felt like we had PTSD by the time we got here.  I hated seeing those lovely people trying to build something beautiful that was getting torn down over and over again, when we had our little paradise right here for the joining.

injest

« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2007, 01:20:46 am »

I wrote two posts over at IMDb exhorting people to abandon all the heartbreak and pain I was seeing over there.  It reminded me so much of what we went through in March, 2006.  And I knew some of us literally felt like we had PTSD by the time we got here.  I hated seeing those lovely people trying to build something beautiful that was getting torn down over and over again, when we had our little paradise right here for the joining.

I tried to go on there to see what everyone is talking about but the sign up discouraged me...too much info to enter!  :P

yeah, I AM that lazy!

If it ain't Bettermost it ain't worth my time!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2007, 01:21:13 am »

I'm glad they are heading over here Clarissa. Nobody deserves to put up with all that abuse over at IMDb. We all put up with that nonsense last year.

I'm  happy to see they're are doing something about it. It's so much nicer here. It's safe and friendly. It's home!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2007, 01:35:47 am »
I tried to go on there to see what everyone is talking about but the sign up discouraged me...too much info to enter!  :P

yeah, I AM that lazy!

If it ain't Bettermost it ain't worth my time!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know what you mean Jess. They want to know everything but the brand of kitchen sink we use.

Who knows? They might even want to know about that now!  ::)

You're better off without it Jess.  :D

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2007, 04:48:25 am »
what the hell is going on over at imdb anyway? Every post in a few of the ones I get notice for is deleted immediately.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2007, 05:17:58 am »
what the hell is going on over at imdb anyway? Every post in a few of the ones I get notice for is deleted immediately.

When you get the notice, what is the name of the "bumper" in the notice?

That will tell me whether it is friend or foe.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04:40 am »
ok--I went through my trash folder and these are the names of the bumpers. In each case the post had been deleted. All are from the "Is there a place called Dubois?" thread--belindah, Lapaloma, Lapaloma, jean-claude_pierre, Lapaloma.

There were others but I emptied the trash and no longer know who they are.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2007, 06:19:10 am »
ok--I went through my trash folder and these are the names of the bumpers. In each case the post had been deleted. All are from the "Is there a place called Dubois?" thread--belindah, Lapaloma, Lapaloma, jean-claude_pierre, Lapaloma.

There were others but I emptied the trash and no longer know who they are.

ALL the ones you mentioned are part of the group of troll identities bumping and deleting threads.  There are others as well.

They usually pile on to a post that has little content to it, and "bump and delete" it to the top of the pile (sometimes several times a day) to crowd out any real conversation.  You will recognize their work as you look through the posts in the threads and realize that sometimes there are now pages and pages of Post Deleted messages.

The "Is there a place called Dubois?" is exactly the kind of thread they bump.  The answer is yes or no. What more is there to discuss?  The thread should die a natural death -- instead the thread lives on because a group of trolls keep pushing it to the top of the pile.  They do this to clog the board with inanity, and time it so the message will appear on the IMDb front page message board "sampler window".  The messages tend to be bumped in a similar order everyday, at similar times, by the same cast of identities - probably indicative of a "bot" - this isn't someone sitting at the computer doing it everyday, it is a program running on autopilot designed to destroy the board.

Some people hope that the trolls will eventually get "bored" and move on.  Bots don't get bored. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:05:52 am by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2007, 08:18:16 am »

Eek! All of  those names give me the shivers ... all trolls .... .... the only time they left their posts up was when one of them started a thread about a fictitious Brokeback Barbeque for true brokies only ... pathetic!

Susie

Exactly so!

Every person who claimed to have been at that event is one of the identities of the trolls attacking the other board.

The original post is now deleted, and most of the messages have been stripped out of it, but that now empty thread is one of the ones being bumped nightly.

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04:34 am »
Exactly so!

Every person who claimed to have been at that event is one of the identities of the trolls attacking the other board.

The original post is now deleted, and most of the messages have been stripped out of it, but that now empty thread is one of the ones being bumped nightly.

The one consolation is that their life more than likely imitates what's going on on that board.... empty and meaningless.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2007, 01:16:53 pm »
These last several posts from today, about bots doing the bumping, and the timing and sequencing of the bumps, and about posts of a fictitious BBQ that only trolls claim to have gone to - I had no idea. 

Tell you what, this is my first thought when I hear this - it's to vacate the board completely in terms of the warm, cozy posts, and leave just a few posts each day that have real movie content, not even all that in-depth, just enough to show new people it's an active board (and at IMDb, 5 new posts a day is a lot for most forums), and respond to new people's posts.  And then move the living and loving to here.

I also think this should be reported to the right journalists.  It actually seems like an incredible story to me.  Is it high-tech homophobia? 

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2007, 01:37:35 pm »
There is also a growing suspicion that IMDb was actively deleting posts that referenced BetterMost, although I see a few of late have been left to stand.

To avoid search programs designed to delete threads that reference here, some people have been putting extra spaces between the letters:

B e t t e r M o s t

not

BetterMost

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2007, 01:41:42 pm »
There is also a growing suspicion that IMDb was actively deleting posts that referenced BetterMost, although I see a few of late have been left to stand.

I believe this is likely.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2007, 06:06:27 pm »
First, a hearty hello to everyone now arriving here from IMDb.  A huge percentage of our community are refugees from IMDb.  I myself spent huge amounts of my own life on IMDb trying to understand Brokeback Mountain and what it had done to change my life.  The inconvenience of the first wave of trolls was easy enough to escape in 2006 because of the sheer number of legitimate posts being left on the forum there.  Most of them were teens and 20-somethings, many of whom staged incursions from the Star Wars forum (go figure).

My issue with IMDb was that I needed a place to figure out how to take all of the emotional feelings I had about the film and channel them into making some productive changes in my life, and that is where BetterMost originated -- a forum that was willing to move beyond the film itself when needed to discuss the new sweet life that could be had by learning the lessons Annie Proulx taught about not allowing yourself to miss opportunities and not be yourself.  But we -all- regularly go back to the film for more discussion when the feeling strikes.

IMDb's biggest problem hit when trolls discovered they could wipe out huge swaths of messages, essentially "jamming" the forum and making it impossible to use for discussion.  While IMDb admins were doing their best to control abusive practices, it was made very clear to me and others that IMDb is -not- a forum site, and that their message forums are not a priority for them.

When these factors were taken into account, a large group of refugees arrived here just over a year ago and have represented a major backbone of what is BetterMost today, and it's nice to welcome another group of users here this year as well.

BetterMost is far beyond IMDb when it comes to running a forum.  We don't delete your messages (in fact, just about every message ever left on this forum since day one is still here), we don't allow personal attacks against our community, and trolls are eliminated within minutes, and banned from returning.

For those who would abuse our community, I have a track record of tracking them down, as I did last year in identifying one troll who spent his evenings trying to attack people on this site and IMDb from his dorm room near Binghamton, NY.  I filed a formal complaint with his school, and that put a stop to that trolling at once (and sent a message that we don't play around here.)

If you are overwhelmed by the number of forums here and the options that you have, that is normal.  If you are heavily into discussing the film, the forums that relate to Brokeback Mountain are mostly in the third section of the forum list, under the heading "Our Brokeback Mountain - The Movie, The Message & Its Impact."

Since BetterMost, Wyoming is our community, you'll find information about the site in our Town Hall.  For those who want a break from movie discussions, our community forums delve into all sorts of issues from culture, politics, and entertainment.  Don't forget Brokeback Mountain Radio 1, operating 24/7 -- great music from the soundtrack and songs that inspire.  You can find many late-breaking events on our forum home page on the newsbar (it's the bar with a picture or two and upcoming events, great threads, and other news tidbits.)

If you'd like a review of the history of BetterMost, I recorded a comprehensive review of our community's first year in our State of the Town Report back in the early spring.  It explains just about everything, as well as the direction we're goin'.  And in part two, you'll hear many of the voices of forum participants if you check out the recorded version.  It's all right here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8932.0.html

Again, welcome everyone, and if you need help, just let any of the online moderators know.  On the forum homepage, at the bottom, you'll see who is online.  Anyone colored "red" in the list is a moderator.  If you click on their name, you can send a private message (PM) and get any help you need!

Phillip M. Dampier
Your Mayor
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2007, 06:39:13 pm »
I looooved that bettermost town address Phillip! (and loving the new summer-y wallpaper!) Thanks once again for our refuge but now home,

xx

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2007, 12:02:15 pm »
Even tho this is on the news on the home page, I want to make a suggestion for a thread for all my old IMDb buds to go have a look. (And any of my new Brokie pals who haven't been over there yet, too!!)  It has pictures of some of the most phenomenal shrines to Brokeback Mountain!!! Ya'll gotta see these:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6947.0.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2007, 03:53:24 pm »
Calling all new folks!  Calling all old folks!  Calling everyone in between!  We will be having two chats to welcome the new folks.  The first is tomorrow, June 16th at 9am PT/noon ET/16:00 UTC.

We've been finding that Saturday daytime chats seem to draw people from the most diverse locations.  This will be an easy-going, get to know each other time, where you can learn the chat ins and outs, or help others, if you've already developed some chat techno-skills yourself.

See you tomorrow!  (Click on the blue "CHAT" button near the top of the screen, and it will guide you there.)

Clarissa
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:05:25 pm by Ellemeno »

injest

« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2007, 11:56:59 pm »
Hey!

I told you we were glad you are here...well, Phillip is so happy to see ya'll he has opened up a new forum for ya'll to archive any threads from IMDb you want to save!

Here is the link

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,61.0.html

Feel free to copy over any thread about BBM that you want to rescue!

PS...we think you will recognize the moderator.... ;) ;)

If you have any questions just drop us a note!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2007, 11:30:02 am »
Chat to welcome the New Folks in less than half an hour!

See our news banner for directions in.  All BetterMostians welcome!

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2007, 12:00:04 am »
I'm sorry to have missed the chat -- I had to work. How was it?!?  ??? :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:34:41 am by ineedcrayons »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2007, 12:38:16 am »
The chat was very nice.  Lots of people showed up, although only two newbies made it: TOoP/Bruce and SmellyKellyJay.  Among other things, we talked about a New York get-together the weekend of October 13 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the story and maybe see Jake in a play.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2007, 03:45:46 am »
It was fun, but short notice.  The next RILLY BIG CHAT will be June 24th for the 40th Anniversary of the Reunion.  There should be a thread about it soon in the Social Events Forum.

Remember, y'all, if you are interested in participating in chat (and it's really very fun), you will have to have a recent version of Java installed on your computer.  It was a bummer to have people tell me they couldn't get in to chat today, but who didn't have current Java.  It's FREE and useful for other online things.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2007, 05:18:56 am »
I'd love to join in next time .... but you'll have to let me know the Greenwich Mean time .... because I'm over here in sunny Nottingham.

Susie

We tend to post it in ET (which is eastern North America - basically, New York) and UTC (which is what they're calling GMT these days).

If anyone needs help figuring out what time that is in your local time, this is a great website: http://www.timeanddate.com/

If you're brain doesn't work that way, feel free to ask FRont-Ranger, she's co-mod of the Social Events Forum and a time zone calculating virtuosa!  :)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2007, 10:22:36 am »
The chat was very nice.  Lots of people showed up, although only two newbies made it: TOoP/Bruce and SmellyKellyJay.  Among other things, we talked about a New York get-together the weekend of October 13 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the story and maybe see Jake in a play.  8)

:POh Meryl
For at least a year I've been planning a trip to NYC, I'm hoping to go this fall. It would be absolutely LOVELY to be able to attend that weekend.....I have to explore my savings.....It's far from northen Sweden to NYC and expencive........

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2007, 10:31:50 am »

I have been so hoping there would be another New York get together.  You can count me in on this one.  ;D
(I could probably help out too.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:37:49 am by Cameron »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:51 pm »
berit and Cameron, start saving up the cash, because I have a feeling that weekend is going to be a Brokie-fest.  October in New York is great:  crisp, cool weather and tons of stuff to do!  Add in the Brokies (and maybe Jake!), and you're going to want to be there.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
Oh, I totally beleve the wanting to be there, but the cash... :-\....but I have some hope.... :P....maybe i win the lottery!!! :D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2007, 12:07:14 am »
First-welcome refugees! I am so excited to see you all here and hope you feel as safe and sane and welcomed here as Wave One did last March.

If you want to be further overwhelmed, come visit the Alberta Bound mini-forum for Brokie temptation.

New York in October? Of course!

O0

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2007, 12:17:28 am »
First-welcome refugees! I am so excited to see you all here and hope you feel as safe and sane and welcomed here as Wave One did last March.

If you want to be further overwhelmed, come visit the Alberta Bound mini-forum for Brokie temptation.

New York in October? Of course!

O0

I wish I could go, RouxB. But I'm planning on attending next year if there is one.  :D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2007, 04:20:34 am »
Mr. Ellemeno and I have started talking about this October in New York thing.  We think we and Mini-Meno may come.  Could there be a new thread started for that event?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2007, 05:10:03 am »
hee! Mini-meno!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2007, 05:41:40 am »
hee! Mini-meno!

Dear ndatmo-1 at IMDb named my daughter that.  Ndatmo was one of the Seven Pilgrims of the Aero.  She made each of us a fridge magnet.  The one I got was a close-up of the BetterMost bean cans - 6 weeks before I knew I was moving to BetterMost.  :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2007, 06:46:40 am »
Dear ndatmo-1 at IMDb named my daughter that.  Ndatmo was one of the Seven Pilgrims of the Aero.  She made each of us a fridge magnet.  The one I got was a close-up of the BetterMost bean cans - 6 weeks before I knew I was moving to BetterMost.  :)

was meant to be.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2007, 07:26:26 am »
I wish I could go, RouxB. But I'm planning on attending next year if there is one.  :D

David sweetheart, you can start saving money:

http://www.brokeback2008.com/

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2007, 10:36:23 pm »

David;

There is going to be one..!!!!!!!!!!  yOU can bet on that..There is already a bunch of us
committed to the Wyoming trip..Rodneyfl, frontranger edelmar, jeff wrangler Me Karen, JpWagoneer, just to name a few.  So start that piggie bank fund.

Beautiful mind

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2007, 10:43:19 pm »
Mr. Ellemeno and I have started talking about this October in New York thing.  We think we and Mini-Meno may come.  Could there be a new thread started for that event?

For the record, there's a strong possibility that I could be in NYC on Nov. 1 (or there-abouts... for my annual business trip out that way... I'm sad that it couldn't be a couple of weeks earlier).  Is there a thread for the NYC concept? Sorry if I've overlooked it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:49:36 pm by atz75 »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2007, 11:13:05 pm »
Sorry you might miss the October 13 date, Amanda, but we'll take you when we can get you.  I wouldn't mind another meal at the Knife & Fork!  8)

I haven't started a thread yet.  Gotta get Alberta off the ground first.  :P

Anyone who wants to start one, feel free, though.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2007, 12:52:33 am »
Sorry you might miss the October 13 date, Amanda, but we'll take you when we can get you.  I wouldn't mind another meal at the Knife & Fork!  8)

Sounds like a great plan to me Bud!  I'll keep you updated on my possible travel plans.
 :D