Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74532 times)

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:37:16 pm »
My name is Clyde-B and I’m a brokeaholic.

It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve seen ‘The Movie’

I have friends at IMDb that help me keep my mind off ‘The Movie’ by writing little stories to read instead. Friends like toycoon, littlewing, garycottle, Susiebell.

I’m glad to see so many friendly faces (many of them familiar) over here as well.

injest

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:47:33 pm »
hey, now...a newbie!

Welcome...check out our fan fic section...AND the Open Forum...where you will find a LOT of great threads talking about the movie....feel free to start a thread if you want to talk about something that is not already being discussed.

I am really glad to see you here!

Jess

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:52 pm »
My name is Clyde-B and I’m a brokeaholic.

It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve seen ‘The Movie’

I have friends at IMDb that help me keep my mind off ‘The Movie’ by writing little stories to read instead. Friends like toycoon, littlewing, garycottle, Susiebell.

I’m glad to see so many friendly faces (many of them familiar) over here as well.

Welcome to BetterMost Clyde!!! I'm glad you joined our community! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts! I am a former IMDb member too. I user name was David-Indiana. I left IMDb and joined BetterMost just over a year ago. Please send me a pm if you have any questions or concerns! I'd be more than happy to help!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:46 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  It's great to be here.   :)

Gary

Welcome to BetterMost Gary!  :D

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 10:50:41 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

I first saw BBM back in May of '06 and started posting at IMDb and also here at BetterMost.  I haven't been posting of late, as my life has taken a busy turn, but, I am coming back over here (and also keeping watch that our IMDb board doesn't get TOO overrun with trolls), and want to support my friends:

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

and I want to thank you all at BetterMost for your warm embrace and welcome to all the IMDb users who have been burned of late and disheartened....

Your love and support and open arms is just wonderful.

Daphne
(Daphne7661)
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

injest

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 10:52:31 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

I first saw BBM back in May of '06 and started posting at IMDb and also here at BetterMost.  I haven't been posting of late, as my life has taken a busy turn, but, I am coming back over here (and also keeping watch that our IMDb board doesn't get TOO overrun with trolls), and want to support my friends:

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

and I want to thank you all at BetterMost for your warm embrace and welcome to all the IMDb users who have been burned of late and disheartened....

Daphne
(Daphne7661)

;D ;)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 11:05:12 pm »
Well, I'm chuffed to see so many replies here!  8)

Welcome garycottle and Clyde-B, and welcome back THE WINGS, Toycoon and Daphne7661!  You may be tourists at the moment, but not for long.  I see my fellow residents have already started the back-slapping.  Pull up a log and stick a boot in the fire.  Hey, hold out your cup and let me pour some whiskey for ya.  Cheers!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 11:06:52 pm »
Hey there everybody,
We was having a good old time posting our sexy, home made fan fiction stories about our favorite cowpokes, Jack with Ennis when the entire thread was abruptly canned then I got banned. No explanation, no apologies offered.

The folks at IMDb run me off, so that's how me got here.

David, my boyfriend, made the interesting comment: This is how gay people feel all the time. Discrimination hurts!

I'm so sorry this happened to you!  :'(

You are more than welcome to post your fanfic over here at BetterMost. We have an entire forum devoted to it, inhabited with some extremely talented writers!  :)

I hope you will post some of your fanfic here, and if so, I will be sure to read it!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 11:09:55 pm »
Hello Again Everyone,

toycoon
littlewing
malina
susiebell
shasta
doug
gary

and so many others....

Daphne
(Daphne7661)

Daphne, I remember you from IMDb. I was David-Indiana over there. I realize you joined BetterMost last year, and I am so happy you decided to return! I always enjoyed reading your insightful posts on IMDb. I hope I will have the same privilege here too!  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 11:23:05 pm »
A warm howdy to all of you folks making your way to BetterMost from IMDB.  I'm glad to see you, only sorry it's under troll/deleting posts circumstances.

Like Meryl said, pull up a chair and have a piece of cherry cake, cuppa coffee, or whisky on shares.  ;)

I had the pleasure of meeting Toycoon and David at the Denver BBQ.  I was prepped because Ellemeno had her eyes peeled for the two of you from the outset! ;)

Anyhow, I'm glad you're here, and I think you'll find us a friendly, welcoming lot.  Add to old favorite threads or create new ones, tell us about yourselves, post fan fiction or other creative writing, news about the movie, the people involved, or anything else that strikes your fancy - just generally be at home.

PM any moderator (blue red at the bottom of the page), or any other user for that matter, if you have any questions or need assistance.

Welcome!!!

Lynne
Moderator, Movie Resources

P.S.  Don't forget to check out Brokeback Mountain Radio - there are links at the right of the page!  It's one of the BEST perks of BetterMost!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:20:12 pm by Sheriff Roland »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."