Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74348 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 11:37:55 pm »
I am so thrilled to see you here, Toycoon.  Hey everybody, I got to watch BBM WITH Toycoon, innedcrayons, atz75, LauraGigs, Lynne, and a couple more people ON Toycoon's birthday.  I sat next to him!!  :)

Those of you I already know a little (littlewing, Malina) I think are wonderful, and am sure the rest of you are each wonderful too.

If you need to gather as a little group, there are a couple of ways to do that here - you could start a new thread whose title indicates what it's for.  (Others might stop in to wish you well.)  You could also meet in chat.  In fact, I think it'd be nice if we all smarten up and had a special welcome chat for you all in the next few days.  What do you think?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 12:02:47 am »

Glad to have you here Friends!  Hope you feel right at home.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline malina

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:14 am »
Hi everyone!

So glad to see friends from IMDB over here, and all the sweet welcomes from Bettermostians.. I've actually had an account here since last fall, but have posted only a little... lurked quite a bit... well, lurked and explored, trying to get the 'feel' of it over here, and I must say.... even though I continued to spend most of my posting time on IMDB, I've always loved knowing that Bettermost was here. It feels like a beautiful warm place.. safe and creative and a true labour of love.

Now, I don't have all the obsession-driven hours that I used to, to spend posting... as I've decided I do need to actually make a living...  :laugh: ... working from home on the computer with the boards always in easy reach makes that challenging sometimes, as I'm sure you can imagine... but now that so many of my friends are over here I will start checking in every day or so to see what's goin' on..

Looking forward to meeting new BBM friends, too. And thank you to everyone who has made this such a beautiful place for us to come...

xo m.

injest

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 12:35:13 am »
Hi everyone!

So glad to see friends from IMDB over here, and all the sweet welcomes from Bettermostians.. I've actually had an account here since last fall, but have posted only a little... lurked quite a bit... well, lurked and explored, trying to get the 'feel' of it over here, and I must say.... even though I continued to spend most of my posting time on IMDB, I've always loved knowing that Bettermost was here. It feels like a beautiful warm place.. safe and creative and a true labour of love.

Now, I don't have all the obsession-driven hours that I used to, to spend posting... as I've decided I do need to actually make a living...  :laugh: ... working from home on the computer with the boards always in easy reach makes that challenging sometimes, as I'm sure you can imagine... but now that so many of my friends are over here I will start checking in every day or so to see what's goin' on..

Looking forward to meeting new BBM friends, too. And thank you to everyone who has made this such a beautiful place for us to come...

xo m.

I like that that comes across...that is how I feel about Bettermost too. I feel safe here.

Glad to meet you!

XX

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 12:42:54 am »
Hi everyone!

xo m.

Welcome to BetterMost Malina! I hope you will enjoy it here. I'm sure you will.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 12:49:32 am »
Hello everyone at Bettermost. My name is Shasta and I watched "Brokeback Mountain" in October 2006. I was an instant Brokie, but didn't even know what to call it until I started reading and posting on the BBM board.  :)

My friends Daphne, Littlewing, ClancyPants, Malina, Toycoon, Balrog, Samrim, Doug, ScissorhandsRaineyLuv, BannerHill  and many others just took me in and patiently answered all my questions.

Then as time went on I made a lot of new friends who began to post after watching the movie, and the place just seemed like home with everyone there. Because they'd all seen the movie and loved it too.

Now if they are moving, so am I. I hope to get to feel at home here too. I know Lauragigs and Ellemeno from their visits, so it's nice to have someone familiar here.

Daphne--I have been missing you and our Jake-Fests. Your post on this thread was so sweet.  I figured you've been very busy.

Anyway, it'll take me awhile to understand how to get around, but thank ya'll for welcoming us and helping us out. :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 01:03:14 am »
Malina and Shasta, it's wonderful to see you here!  Make yourselves at home.  Looking forward to hearing more from you both!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 02:16:15 am »
Welcome to BetterMost Shasta!!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 02:19:14 am »
In fact, I think it'd be nice if we all smarten up and had a special welcome chat for you all in the next few days.  What do you think?

I think that's an excellent idea. The chatroom is one of the great features available at BetterMost, and it would be wonderful to talk to imdb friends here in real time.

Welcome (or welcome again!), toycoon, malina, Daphne, susiebell, Shasta, Clyde-B, garycottle, dagi and Doug (Doug! I knew you'd been switching around, but I didn't even realize all those people -- THEWINGS, KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449 -- were you! :laugh:) And littlewing, I haven't seen you on this thread, but I know you're out there on BetterMost somewhere, and I'll talk to you soon.

:-* to all!

Katherine / latjoreme / ineedcrayons

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:26:08 am by ineedcrayons »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 03:54:57 am »
Welcome all! I was also an IMDBer back in the day but moved to bettermost on 31 March 2006 with many many others. I look forward to getting to know you all.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/