Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74379 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:45:08 am »
Want a friend from good old Sweden....?
I've got my account, I'm here to stay but it will take a few days until you see me again. I'm off to Stockholm later today, I'll be back Monday. My best to you all and to Bettermost who greets us so friendly as we come here, one after the other....

I can see something really nice, a spell-check!! Now I don't need to excuse myselffor my poor spelling anymore!!!
Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Well, look what the wind blew in...
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 09:17:29 am »
Susie f-ckin' Bell! I thought I'd never see you again!
I should have never let you out of my sights back on IMDb.
I didn't see your account any more; IMDb run you off, too?

I told you it would be nice over here. Like  said before, I had the most amazing time at the B-B-Q, I knew I would eventually end up at BetterMost. I just didn't know it would be so soon!

Howdy everybody! Thanks for the warm welcome and safe place by the fire.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 09:46:49 am »
If you want, once you start your new "Jack with Ennis" thread here, you can post the link for it in this thread, to keep easy track of it while you learn your way around.

If we can help you with ANYthing, let us know.  I think a lot of us here are just thrilled to be able to welcome you in, just as we were welcomed in when WE needed refuge from the difficulties at IMDb.  :-*

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 10:00:10 am »

Well I am sending you all a rehi from the ones I sent earlier.  I hope I didnt miss anyone.  If I did, please accept
my most sincere apologies.  I try to send everyone a private welcome.  I sometimes miss you if there are two at close intervals.  So welcome again to the ones I have already spoken to...You are most cordially welcome here.  And welcome to the ones I missed.  Looking forward to your contributions and friendly faces........
         Ifyoucantfixit         janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 10:04:14 am »
Janice and everyone, to see a list of BetterMost members, go here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0;desc

You can also find a place to click to see the members list at the bottom of the main forums index page.  Then sort by "Date Registered" to see the most recent arrivals.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 10:42:07 am »
Susiebell and berit, it's a pleasure to meet you!  I love having more Eurobrokies in our family.  Never enough Eurobrokies, never enough!   :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 10:54:52 am »
Hi Ellemeno and Janice,

It feels nice and cosy here  :)

janice, I was wondering, how do you get pictures in your signature line?  :-\  (I'm a perfectionist, I want to get it right).

And could you tell me what that little "piece of paper" icon is at the left of the title in each post??

(You're going to get sick of me asking questions real soon)

Love Susie xox  :-*

I've never noticed that piece of paper icon!  :)  As far as I can tell, clicking on it does the same thing as clicking right next to it, on the subject line of the post, which is it makes the url at the top of the page become specifically for that exact post.  So if you wanted to share something like, Go to THIS post,"  you would include that url in your link.

As for putting images and words in your sig line:
1) Go to your profile page by clicking on your username on the left.
2) On the left, click on "Forum Profile Information."
3) Find the spots you want to fill in.

Keep your questions coming!  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 11:21:07 am »
Here are a few of the handiest tips I know of for getting around this site:

• When you're writing a post, the buttons above the text window are convenient. Most do more or less the same things as the coding at imdb does -- put text in bold, or colors, or quotes, or hyperlink, etc. -- but they do it with fewer strokes. Just highlight the text you want affected and then click the button.

• In the box at the top of the page, clicking on "Show new replies to your posts" does just what it says -- calls up all of the threads you have posted on that someone else has since added to.

• "Show unread posts since last visit" calls up a list of ALL new posts, whether you've contributed to that thread or not.

• Once you call up the list of threads, clicking on the little blue "NEW" button next to the title of a thread takes you right to wherever you left off on that thread.

:)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 01:39:36 pm »
I think that's an excellent idea. The chatroom is one of the great features available at BetterMost, and it would be wonderful to talk to imdb friends here in real time.

Welcome (or welcome again!), toycoon, malina, Daphne, susiebell, Shasta, Clyde-B, garycottle, dagi and Doug (Doug! I knew you'd been switching around, but I didn't even realize all those people -- THEWINGS, KEDelMar/ CoffeepotHandle/Signal_63/Riverton-17/Doug-Nasty/djo-17/djo9449 -- were you! :laugh:) And littlewing, I haven't seen you on this thread, but I know you're out there on BetterMost somewhere, and I'll talk to you soon.

:-* to all!

Katherine / latjoreme / ineedcrayons

Ah, yes, I'm here.  I was reading a few things before I noticed this beautiful welcome thread!  Thanks so much for the welcome, everyone.  I have been here all along, but I haven't been able to spend as much time here as I would like.  It is so nice to see my friends gathered in such a positive place:

Malina
Toycoon
Berit
SusieBell
Garycottle
Clyde-B

I hope I didn't miss anyone!  Daphne and Malina have been here for ages, as well!  We'll be very happy here, I'm sure.  Thanks again for the welcome, all!  :)

Dagi

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:26 pm »
Hi Gals and Guys!

It feels great to be here, I´m looking forward to hangin´ around, and I´d be very happy if we started a new Jack&Ennis thread.
A wave to Susie, Merrily, Gary, Littlewing, spiceylife, toycoon, Bruce, Clyde, Katherine, Malina, Daphne, and each and everyone of you!

I was blown away by your welcome, this is really a warm comforting fireplace, again, I´m happy to have moved on.

javascript:void(0);
Kiss
Dagi
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:07:23 pm by Dagi »