Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74377 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 12:31:21 am »
who? US??

:laugh: :laugh:

just ask if you have any questions...or experiment! You can't break anything important...and there isn't anything that can't be undone! post post post! We love having all you new people here! It is like a breath of fresh air!

Thank all of you that have come over!!

Well, truth be told, IMDB is very simple text based technology. 

Any program that has graphic capabilities and push button icons for html formatting is going to look complex by comparison!

TOoP / Bruce
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

injest

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 08:27:29 am »
Well, truth be told, IMDB is very simple text based technology

Any program that has graphic capabilities and push button icons for html formatting is going to look complex by comparison!

TOoP / Bruce

huh?

LOL!! I have only been on the internet for a little over a year...and the first place I found (almost literally) was a forum VERY similar to this..THIS feels very easy...everything else looks WAY complicated to me.

I very rarely go off into the internet (it's SCARY out there!) and I am NOT computer savvy at all.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2007, 09:00:13 am »
huh?

LOL!! I have only been on the internet for a little over a year...and the first place I found (almost literally) was a forum VERY similar to this..THIS feels very easy...everything else looks WAY complicated to me.

I very rarely go off into the internet (it's SCARY out there!) and I am NOT computer savvy at all.

It is just different here than IMDb.  It takes a while to get your legs if you have been using another system.  It reminds me of all the people who are scared by jumping back and forth between macs and pcs.  Once you figure it all out, it's no problem at all.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2007, 09:28:43 am »
It reminds me of moving to the city.

IMDb is like a small town where everybody lives on the same street and things are easy to find, just look out the front door and there they all are.

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:20 am »

IMDb is like a small town where everybody lives on the same street and things are easy to find, just look out the front door and there they all are.

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Aww, you'll fit in right fine, Clyde-B. Just set a spell, stick a boot in the fire  ;D, have a swig on the whiskey bottle.  ;D

Welcome!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2007, 10:56:18 am »

BetterMost is like a city with all these different neighborhoods.  It takes  a while to figure out what's going on in each, and how do I get around, and where do I really fit in.

Clyde-B--That is a great simile. I love it. I'm a country girl at heart, so small town or big city---I have to find my way!! And I am enjoying getting to explore. Lots of fun!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jenn

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2007, 11:46:13 am »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Jenn.  I've finally made it over here from IMDB after receiving the lovely invitation.  What a wonderful welcome!  Thank you.
I saw Brokeback Mountain July 2006 and like everyone here, I fell in love with it.  I've lurked around here before, but I didn't set up an account until yesterday.  I'm very happy to be here and to see so many names from IMDB.
Daphne, Malina, Shasta, Susiebell, Toycoon, Littlewing, and everyone else, it's great to see you all!
Jenn

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2007, 12:09:18 pm »
Welcome Jenn,

I was hoping to see you make it over!  Glad to have you among us here!

True_Oracle_of_Phoenix / Bruce

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:53 pm »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Jenn.  I've finally made it over here from IMDB after receiving the lovely invitation.  What a wonderful welcome!  Thank you.
I saw Brokeback Mountain July 2006 and like everyone here, I fell in love with it.  I've lurked around here before, but I didn't set up an account until yesterday.  I'm very happy to be here and to see so many names from IMDB.
Daphne, Malina, Shasta, Susiebell, Toycoon, Littlewing, and everyone else, it's great to see you all!
Jenn

Welcome, Jen-
You'll be a Jr. Ranch hand in no time!

Toycoon
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2007, 02:33:28 pm »

Just sending all you newbies a great big howdy.  And know you are most welcome here.. Everyone fits in here..we are nice and friendly folks.  We love brokies, and brokie stuff.  So bring all your stuff out of the
cupboards and put it in the back...in a tent or a sleeping bag, or a paper sack.  You are all beans now.

Beautiful mind