Author Topic: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...  (Read 74526 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Are you newly arrived from IMDb? Nice to know you, Friend...
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2007, 02:43:56 am »
Yes, feel free to experiment with chat anytime - it's always open. 

To find it, go to the top of most pages here, to that line of blue buttons and click the one that says "chat."  If you have problems with it, it's probably just because you need to update your Java, something that is easy and free to do, and will help you on many other websites too. 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:37 am »
Yeehaw!  Please do feel free to explore our chat system!  It's loads of fun.  

Just so you know too, we have two monthly big-chat days scheduled every month.  One on the 24th of every month (in celebration of Jack and Ennis's reunion date) and one that always corresponds with the Full Moon.  There will be lots of reminders on the banner and in threads in Social Events Forum leading up to a big-chat day.  These chats are usually free-wheeling in terms of topic, but are meant to be days when we can expect loads of BetterMostians to be dropping by chat to say "howdy."  So, any newcomers, please feel free to come on by these chats.

The best reminder whenever you stop by chat, is to keep your computer audio on!  There are lots of fun audio aspect to chat around here.

:D Whoo-Whee!!! Thanks for the heads up on chat, atz75!! That sounds like a lot of fun.  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:50 am »
Ellemeno, Daphne, Ineedcrayons, Shasta, Amanda, Merr and Malina-5,
I've launched the new Jack with Ennis thread on BetterMost! Please stop by and tell us what you think.
C'mon, indulge us in a little homespun tale of forbidden love, won't ya?

Toycoon
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:25 am »
The next regularly scheduled "comin through on the 24th" and "full moon" chats are a ways away ... If anybody is interested in getting together for a "Welcome Newcomers" chat sooner than that, I think it would be nice. We could schedule and publicize it right here (and elsewhere, too)!

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2007, 10:03:42 am »
The next regularly scheduled "comin through on the 24th" and "full moon" chats are a ways away ... If anybody is interested in getting together for a "Welcome Newcomers" chat sooner than that, I think it would be nice. We could schedule and publicize it right here (and elsewhere, too)!

Oh great.  Something else new we gotta learn.

(I'm old, we're supposed to complain.  They send you a complaining license with your AARP card.)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2007, 10:12:50 am »
Oh great.  Something else new we gotta learn.

(I'm old, we're supposed to complain.  They send you a complaining license with your AARP card.)

Well, it's usually very easy. You click the chat button at the top of the page, and it loads automatically, and once you get to the room it's fairly self-explanatory. If not, there are people right there to help!  :)

I think occasionally people have problems with the system because of their computer's particular software, but most of the time they don't.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2007, 10:22:20 am »
I tell ya what...  ;D

its sooo nice to see some really old great threads being replied too! You guys are certainly going digging and finding some fab threads!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2007, 10:25:09 am »
Well, it's usually very easy. You click the chat button at the top of the page, and it loads automatically, and once you get to the room it's fairly self-explanatory. If not, there are people right there to help!  :)

I think occasionally people have problems with the system because of their computer's particular software, but most of the time they don't.

Aw, I was just kiddin.  You guys have been great!   ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2007, 05:14:03 pm »
Ah but they are all new to us!! BTW You look really pretty in your picture!!

Susie xox  8)

She does look cute in that picture, doesn't she Susie?

I love that picture of Kelda!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2007, 07:42:39 pm »
I am still depressed.

I know what you saying.  Still, if you can't fix it...

There is no better place than Bettermost when seeking shelter from a troll storm.

(For those of you who might remember it, "The Brokebacklycrumb Tinies" game is now up on this board!)

TOoP / Bruce
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:47:46 pm by bjblakeslee »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40