Author Topic: A new story posted at Fanfiction  (Read 5163 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: A new story posted at Fanfiction
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 03:46:27 pm »
Jeff,

I'm FINALLY getting around to reading your fanfiction. My apologies. I had no idea this genre of writing existed. Marvelous! How wonderful it must be to carry Jack and Ennis in your head and into their future.

Scott F.

I never knew this genre of writing existed, either, until 2 months ago. And now I am writing the stuff myself. YIKES!

And doing a damn fine job, too.   ;)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: A new story posted at Fanfiction
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 03:50:09 pm »
Jeff,

I'm FINALLY getting around to reading your fanfiction. My apologies. I had no idea this genre of writing existed. Marvelous! How wonderful it must be to carry Jack and Ennis in your head and into their future.

Scott F.

Carrying them in my head? Well, it's something of a mixed blessing. I think I'm beginning to understand how Annie Proulx felt.

I was aware that there was such a think as "fan fiction," but I'd never read any of it until BBM came along. OTOH, it strikes me that creating my own stories about someone else's characters isn't too terribly far removed from the make-believe games based on favorite TV shows that I played as a child.

And I've noticed that fanfiction.net even has a category for stories based on Heath's A Knight's Tale! Now that's scary!

I hope you find them entertaining!

Jeff

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.