Author Topic: Heath Grabs Weenies (pictures!)  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Grabs Weenies (pictures!)
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 04:49:18 am »
(I think a singlet is a tank undershirt.)
Not sure. It's an undershirt with no sleeves, the fabric narrows to go over the shoulders as straps; is that "tank"?

Yes, good description.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 07:40:13 am »
(I think a singlet is a tank undershirt.)
Not sure. It's an undershirt with no sleeves, the fabric narrows to go over the shoulders as straps; is that "tank"?

A tank top?   Here we call those "Wife Beaters".   Especially if they are white tank tops undershirts.      I think the saying goes back to those old black and white movies where the blue collar, alcoholic, abusive husband wore them.   

I think there are few pics of Jake wearing one during rehersal for the rodeo scenes.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 08:17:10 am »
Hellooooo - Full blooded Aussie here, happy to translate for you!  A singlet is indeed an undershirt, but can also be worn on its own where temperatures are high.  Although they look the same as a tank top, they are technically underwear.  Our lovely and hunky model and former tennis champion Patrick Rafter is here to show you just how stunning they can be (see pic).

40 degrees Celsius is the same as 104 degrees Fahrenheit - when are you imperialists going to get metric already???  Yes, thongs are what you call flip-flops.  Actually we invented the bloody things so I think we can call them whatever we want.  "Flip-flop" sounds silly to me.  As for "weenies", that must be a Perth (Western Australia) thing because that's not something that the rest of us say.  We use "snag", "sausage", or "banger" (there's probably more though).

And you know I'd never heard the word "antipodean" until I became a Brokie?  It means diametrically opposed, which means that I could also use it to mean American (anyone got a globe handy).  So that's nice isn't it?  We're all "antipodean" from some where else on the planet.

Any more colloquialisms you come across, I'd be happy to oblige. :D
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare