Author Topic: locations  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
locations
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:43 am »
Hi everyone,

Sorry, a boring question I guess!

Can anyone give me links to the sites about where the film was shot please? I have a dear straight friend here in the UK, who is coming over to Canada with his partner to visit family. They are all planning to holiday in Alberta and (hopefully) British Columbia, and are being primed by me to seek out the mountains and lakes and forests, and small towns (a tall order I know!), and to bring me lots of photographs back. Don't really see me making it there yet, no matter how I long to. It's a pilgrimage waiting to be undertaken, along with a visit to Wyoming. I'm not sure I'd dare go there though!

I know there are many pages here on Bettermost, but can't remember where to find them

Many thanks in advance.

Best Wishes all  :)
Sam

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: locations
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:08:25 am »
Hi everyone,

Sorry, a boring question I guess!

Can anyone give me links to the sites about where the film was shot please? I have a dear straight friend here in the UK, who is coming over to Canada with his partner to visit family. They are all planning to holiday in Alberta and (hopefully) British Columbia, and are being primed by me to seek out the mountains and lakes and forests, and small towns (a tall order I know!), and to bring me lots of photographs back. Don't really see me making it there yet, no matter how I long to. It's a pilgrimage waiting to be undertaken, along with a visit to Wyoming. I'm not sure I'd dare go there though!

I know there are many pages here on Bettermost, but can't remember where to find them

Many thanks in advance.

Best Wishes all  :)

Hey Sam,
The best site I have found is  www.findingbrokeback.com
It is a wonderful place to see the sights and it has directions and longitude and lattitudes that you can plug into your GPS if you have one.
Good Luck!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 01:09:34 pm »
 What loneleeb3 said.  That's the site.  Also, there's a group of BetterMostians who are planning a trip to Alberta this July.  There's a whole sub-forum of threads discussing that pilgrimage: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,52.0.html

samrim, I've been seeing your name around for a long time.  Always nice to see you post!

Elle

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 03:56:44 pm »
Hi lonelee,

thanks a lot for the help, the site looks great, I've already sent it to Richard ( my pal who's coming over to Alberta).

And thanks too to elle for the greeting  :). I've been on IMDb most of the time, chiefly I guess because I find using Bettermost a bit intimidating. Don't get me wrong I know it's a great site, but using it is pretty time consuming for me, as an old guy, not as computer literate as I'd like to be.  Things are a bit difficult ATM on IMDb, so thought I'd try to 'renew old acquaintance here.

One thing doesn't change wherever I am, Ennis and Jack are with me all the time, whatever I'm doing.

Best Wishes
Sam

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 06:56:48 pm »
I am intimidated by BetterMost and I started it, so don't fret one bit about that.  So many messages from so many people, and I'm always afraid of missing out on things.  But you just gotta ride this one out and you'll find your own corner to hang out in.  I'm real glad to see you on board with us.  I spent many many hours on IMDb during my initial BBM daze trying to figure out why I was in such a stupor over a movie.  It's somehow comforting to know that weird, yet wonderful feeling lives on.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 08:37:03 pm »
I am intimidated by BetterMost and I started it, so don't fret one bit about that.  So many messages from so many people, and I'm always afraid of missing out on things. 

That's why I love the "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts" links in the box above! Sam, it you regularly click on those there's no chance you will miss anything new -- either a response to something you wrote, or a whole new thread. (Actually, this is one thing that is much easier than imdb, where as far as I know the only way to find out if anyone responded to your posts is to go to your profile and check them one at a time.)

It's somehow comforting to know that weird, yet wonderful feeling lives on.

I know what you mean ...  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 12:46:15 am »
It's somehow comforting to know that weird, yet wonderful feeling lives on.

I know what you mean ...  :)

Sure enough!

And for anyone still exploring BetterMost as a newcomer... Just have fun rambling around and playing with all the different features and forums.  Nothing here will bite!  And soon enough, you'll find your groove as Mayor Phillip suggests.
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 01:59:32 am »
Also, just like on IMDb, you can look at the posting history of people you enjoy, and get some ideas of threads you might like.  That's what I was doing on IMDb that fateful day in October, 2005 (yes, 5!).  I was following DryToast's posting history, and found all these posts for this movie that hadn't come out yet called Brokeback Mountain.  That's how come me end up here.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 10:04:58 pm »
I was following DryToast's posting history, and found all these posts for this movie that hadn't come out yet called Brokeback Mountain.  That's how come me end up here.

Hey Roomie,

I'd just like to jump in here and congratulate you on an excellent and effortless use of a particularly tricky Brokieism.  "That's how come me end up here" may just be the toughest Brokieism to wrangle I think.

;D :laugh: 8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 01:02:31 am »

Hey Roomie,

I'd just like to jump in here and congratulate you on an excellent and effortless use of a particularly tricky Brokieism.  "That's how come me end up here" may just be the toughest Brokieism to wrangle I think.

;D :laugh: 8)

Thanks, it's one of my very favorites.  One of the few times Ennis explains why about something and it's a positive thing.  AND my favorite scene.  And SUCH great syntax.  I find it flawless, despite its incorrectness.  :)