Author Topic: Brokie short test,,,,,,,,  (Read 7597 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Brokie short test,,,,,,,,
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:28:22 pm »
    Short questionaire part three. ,

1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain...
           Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid.

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.?

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.?

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada?

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a

a confidant they trusted?
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make

the story credable.?

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ?

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing?

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be

a Brokie?

These are questions I have been hearing , and decided to make into a quiz form
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:43:06 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Re: Brokie short test,,,,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:39:08 pm »

1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain...
           Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid.

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?   I would choose Diana Ossana

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?  Did she realize the impact that this story
            would eventually have on her life?  When she was working on it.

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.?  Ennis

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.?    Im not sure
             I can't visualize others playing it so well.  But I can see others doing it.

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada?  Yes I do.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a

a confidant they trusted?  I dont see how.  If Jack couldnt convince Ennis, I dont see
              anyone else doing it...He wouldnt leave his daughters either.
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make

the story credible.?  No I think it would have been credible , but not as strong an
               impact.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ?  Yes of course..
                A sequal no a prequel yes
        9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing?  Absolutely not

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be

a Brokie?  definately, i am and will be forever!!!! Mo matter what others may say or do.

These are some questions ive heard people quandry over and discuss, so I thought I would make
       them into a questionaire form.....

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 02:48:12 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 06:06:03 pm »
1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain...

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,? Jake Gyllenhaal. He seems like such a genuinely nice, thoughtful human being. I think he would make the most charming conversationalist.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.? What difference has Brokeback Mountain made in your life?

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.? Ennis. The fears and the regrets...I have some of that in me too.

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.? Heath and Jake were perfect, but I kind of wish they could have gone with an actor for Jack's role who was slightly less glamorous in his persona, more like the character that Annie evokes. I'd like to see those buck-teeth and curly farm-boy hair.

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada? There's a side of me that does wish this, though the Alberta locations were superb and apt. Judging from the pictures I have seen of the two respective places, there's a certain grittiness and austerity to Wyoming that has its own distinct and unique flavor.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a

a confidant they trusted? Jack didn't need any convincing, but if I had somehow been able to gain Ennis's confidence and trust, I do think I could have persuaded him to commit to Jack more emphatically.
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make

the story credable.? No, the story would have been just as credible if the men had found that "sweet life" together. Jack died in order to invest the story with even more mystery, beauty, and soul.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ? The film is impeccable as it is, and I would prefer to see neither a prequel or sequel made, though I think it would be possible to do both of these in a thoughtful, satisfying manner. I have encountered a lot of fanfiction that accomplishes precisely these things.

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing? My obsession has lessened, but I still cherish the film like no other I know. And each and every time I watch to the end, I cry just as if it were the first time.

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be

a Brokie? Definitely...this has been a life experience, and I will always carry a little bit of Brokeback Mountain inside of me.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:13:06 pm »
           Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?  Heath Ledger

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?  Is that a beer bottle in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.? Jack/Jake

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.? Paul Rudd as Jack and Brad Pitt as Ennis. People always disagree with me though.

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada? No. I like the movie just the way it is.

a confidant they trusted?  I'd like to think I could. I sure would have tried to keep them together.

7.    Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make
       the story credable.? Probably. But I often wonder how the story would have ended if Jack hadn't died.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ? No. I think a sequel/prequel would harm the original story.

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing? I don't watch the movie as much as I used to. But I'm still every bit as passionate about it.

10.   Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be
        a Brokie? There probably will always be a following. This movie was groundbreaking. I doubt if it will be anything like the Star Wars or Star Trek followings, but I'm sure there will always be some Brokies around.

Thanks for the questionnaire Janice!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:58 pm »

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?  Jake Gyllenhaal, like moremojo said he seems to be a very down to earth, grounded and sincere person with real interests.  AND, if the talk shows are any indication I think he would be a fascinating person to converse with about Books, Cooking, Dogs (my love) and film.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?    Kirsten Dunst...WHAT were you thinking!..No seriously I would ask about his acting plans, any plans to do period work, I think he would be perfect for a Georgian Drama, or Dickens,

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.? Jack, I know how lonely ranch life can be when your growing up, especially in winter.  I was blessed with a good family where Jack only had his Mom but I think I have that same never say die optimism that I see in Jack, I would have stuck by Ennis too until all hope was finally exhausted

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.? Sorry..NO ONE...I just cannot imagine anyone else taking on these roles.  They have become Iconic

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada?  Doesn't matter to me the Rockies are the Rockies, no matter which side of the border they're on and  I have been to both places and I think they captured the stark desolation and the bleak beauty that is Wyoming very well.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a confidant they trusted?
Yep once again I agree with moremojo  Jack needed no convincing, I do think with time and trust Ennis could have been educated out of some of his homophobia and been able to be with Jack more fully.       
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make the story credable.? Not credible, the story stands on it's own but I think Jack's death lends a poignancy to it.  It is yet another stark reminder of where the men come from and the dangers they faced just because they dared to love one another. Also that sad poignant quality has the power to make people think, to potentially open hearts and minds.  That's how change begins

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ?  No...It would in my opinion be a mistake of tragic proportions... the story, the film, are complete and perfect as they are to try to do a prequel or sequel would cheapen and dilute the effect of this masterpiece.  That's what fanfiction is for

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing?  For the brouhaha yes, but not for the film, I will never lose my enthusiasm for the film

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be

a Brokie?  I don't know that I really consider myself a brokie now.  No stones please, I personally have no desire to discuss the minutia of the film any longer and I find that I personally have no desire to travel all over the country visiting other "brokies".  But that's just me.  It may have something to do with the fact that I had my friend Victoria and Bob who both reacted the same way to discuss my feelings of loss and sorrow with for months after I first saw the film.  But the place the film and story holds in my heart and the lessons I learned from them will always be a part of my psyche
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:43:05 pm »
                 a Brokie?  I don't know that I really consider myself a brokie now.  No stones please, I personally have no desire to discuss the minutia of the film any longer and I find that I personally have no desire to travel all over the country visiting other "brokies".  But that's just me.  It may have something to do with the fact that I had my friend Victoria and Bob who both reacted the same way to discuss my feelings of loss and sorrow with for months after I first saw the film.  But the place the film and story holds in my heart and the lessons I learned from them will always be a part of my psyche

You're still a Brokie Dottie! That's the best definition of a Brokie I've heard in a long time!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 02:21:37 am »

1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain...
Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid. Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?

Annie Proulx

2.  You can ask them one question. What would it be.?

Talk to me about Brokeback Mountain, Annie.

Heath

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.?

That is a sacrilegious proposition, deserving of excommunication!  ;)  :) Seriously, IMO no-one else could have played those parts.

Annie was delighted with the choice of location and so am I.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a  confidant they trusted?

Not necessary to convince Jack. Not possible to convince Ennis. Sad fact, but true.  :'(

7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make the story credible.?

It would have been a beautiful love story without Jack's death, but not nearly as impactful. For example, would "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" have been so wonderfully memorable if Mrs Muir hadn't died in the end?  I think not IMO.

More sacrilege!  ;) That would be tampering with a sacred text IMO. Should there be a prequel or a sequel to the Bible? I think not.    :)

Experiencing Brokeback Mountain has been like a mourning experience for me. When we lose someone we love, we think we'll always feel the same intensity of grief that we felt when they first died. But the old saying about time healing all wounds is very true and full of wisdom. And this is what has happened to me with Brokeback Mountain. I'm still in mourning, but it's not as intense as it was when I first walked out of that theatre on 26 January 2006.  :'(

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be
a Brokie?

I will always be a proud Brokie.

Thank you. That was very cathartic.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:53:24 pm »

I am loving the diversity of the answers here.. I am hearing all kinds of different responses to the questions .  It
is such fun to hear all the peoples opinions on the differing issues... I thank all that have so far taken the time to fill out this questionaire....I find it very enlightening....

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 09:27:35 pm »

Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid, Annie Proulx.  Who would you choose,?   

It would be between Annie Proulx and Heath Ledger.  I would like to talk to Annie to try to get some clues to the answers to the questions and mysteries that I still have about Ennis and Jack.  I would like to talk to Heath, even though I would be so nervous, because Ennis is so real I am convinced that he really does exist way down deep within Heath.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?

Gosh, this is a real hard one.  I am really not sure what the one question would be.  There are so many.  I guess I would ask Annie what did Ennis know and what did he try to believe?  I would ask Heath what he was thinking of when the Dozy Embrace was filmed to be able to give Ennis that incredible expression on his face expressing so many different emotions at once.

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.?

I identify so much with Ennis, more than any character ever, but I do also identify a lot with Cassie too.  I just have to choose both of them.  Ennis, because I do also tend to pull away and withdraw from people.  I understand what it is like to be afraid to get close to people, and to be a loner of sorts.

I also identify with Cassie because even though my personality is nothing like hers I know what it is like to dream of and long for both people and 'a sweet life'.  But with all the dreaming I know what it is like to never be able to ever really get close to those people, or have those people really care about you, or to achieve that life that one is really dreaming of, but the ache and the desire for it is always there.

I also do know why girls don’t fall in love with fun and what they or at least this girl does fall in love with.

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.? 

I don't think anyone else could possibly play Ennis but Heath.  I think that others could play Jack but I can't really think of anyone now.

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada?

I have never been to Wyoming, so I don't know how different it is, but to me the filming of the scenery and landscape is perfect as it is.

I don't know, but I would have tried to get Jack to understand much how much Ennis loved him and how much he lived for him.  I really don't think Jack ever understood this or was able to see it, going way back to the last day on the mountain and continuing until "its because of you I'm like this.."  I  would try to get him to understand.
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make  the story credible.?

I don't think Jack had to die, but it would be a different story if he didn't.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ?

I do so wish for a sequel because I just need to know if Ennis is okay.  I do so want him to be alright and be able to find some happiness and meaning in his life.  I can't stand the thought of him spending the rest of his life all alone in the trailer.

9.     Have you started to lose your enthusiasm for the entire thing?

I don't watch the whole movie anymore, and I also am starting not to really need to write about it, but I don’t think I will ever lose all the emotions and feelings it brought up in me.  In fact, sometimes just hearing the music in my head brings it all back.

a Brokie?

I think that it will always be something very important to me.  Even though I have not met any Brokies in person, yet, though I sure hope to, I think that this film has brought together a wonderful group of open minded, intelligent, thoughtful and creative people.  But honestly I am very worried how long it can go on, because without anything new to sustain it, I just am not sure how the cult of Brokies will continue.  I hope it does, but I unfortunately, am not sure if it will.

But I think in some way I will always be a Brokie, and I hope others will be too.

(Great questions, Janice!!!)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:13:48 am by Cameron »

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 09:43:00 pm »
You know what, I think I have to change two answers, but I didn't want to delete the ones I have given before.

1.  I think I would want to go to dinner with Diana Ossana because I think she is probably the one to really answer the questions I have and solve the mysteries that there still are for me.

2. If it was one question, but there are so many, it would be what exactly happened and said during the time between Ennis crying in Jack's arms and Ennis driving away?

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 09:45:11 pm »

Annie Proulx

Not so much a question as a statment. Thank You!

Oh Ennis!

No one could ever do what they did. They are Ennis and Jack.

No, the substance of the movie is more important. Never having been there , I didn't know till I got here that it wasn't made in WY.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a

They did stay together. Ennis trusted no one more than Jack. As much as He loved jack he still couldn't put his own demons to rest.
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make

the story credable.?
Thats tough. It's hard for me to see any other ending. The story wouldn't have the same effect any other way.

No. You can't improve perfection

Absolutly not. I don't think I ever will.

a Brokie?
Yes. because of this story, my life is forever changed.

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 11:01:04 am »
1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain...Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid, Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?

OK, that's a tough one, because I wouldn't wanna pass on the opportunity to meet and have dinner with Jake, but, from a writer's point of view, it would be much more interesting to talk to Annie Proulx about her writing and the way she does research. So..... as much as it breaks my heart.... I would have to go for Annie.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be?

Only one question during dinner? LOL. Oh the others? Ang Lee: I would ask him about symbolism in the movie. Heath: I would ask him about playing Ennis and how much of himself he sees in him. Jake: I would ask him if he wants to go to dinner with me (Ha!). Michelle: I would ask her how Matilda is doing. Anne: Uhm.... Diana: I would ask her what she felt the first time she saw the movie. Randy: Loved you in Christmas Vacation!

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with?

Jack! Definitely Jack!!!!!! God, it kills me sometimes to realise how much I am like him.

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.?

It hurts too much to even think about it, I really think they were the only ones who could play these parts and it was probably meant to be.

It doesn't really matter to me.

6.    Do you think you could have convinced them to stay together, if you had been a confidant they trusted?

I like to think I would have been able to, I do think that if they had had a good friend to talk to besides each other, they would have been able to ventilate more of their frustrations. But it was the 60's. Wyoming. Two guys. Do I really think they would have listened to a 30 year old Dutch girl? I don't know, but I would  have tried. I would have painted a picture of their life together to add to the Sweet Life monologue that Jack threw at Ennis. I would have asked him to really think about what he was doing to Alma.

7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make the story credable.?

Not credible, but to make the story have more impact, yes.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel?

No, no need for that.

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing?

Sometimes, but then I watch the Dozy Embrace again and I am right back where I started 1,5 years ago.

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever a Brokie?

Yes, I will forever have Jack and Ennis in my heart, just to remind me of the things that are important in life.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 12:08:37 pm »

Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid.  Who would you choose,?

Ang Lee.

Which 10 films (directed by others) made you the director you are today?

It flips.  Sometimes Ennis, sometimes Jack. 

Heath and Jake are pretty hard wired into my perception of the film.

Completely unimportant to me.

No.
       7.     Did Jack have to die in order to make the story credible.?

The story stays true to the theme that despite one's losses, there is nobility in picking up the pieces, and moving forward even if it has to be alone. 
It is an essential theme of westerns and in literature.

Although I have joked about the possibility, the answer is "Uh uh.  NO WAY."

Nope.

a Brokie?

BbM is an instant classic. 

Most films are like Kleenex, used once and tossed. 

Brokeback works its way into your soul, and amply rewards a person for multiple viewings. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:42:21 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 02:22:02 am »

Thanks to all of you still filling this out...I am loving the answers

Beautiful mind

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 10:00:12 pm »

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,?

HEATH LEDGER BECAUSE HIS PERFORMANCE WAS SO SPOT-ON I WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE REAL MAN.

DID YOU THINK YOU WERE CREATING A CLASSIC?

LEDGER'S CHARACTER, ENNIS.

KEVIN COSTNER FOR ENNIS IF IT WAS 20 YEARS AGO. MOST OF THE CURRENT YOUNG ACTORS SEEM TOO HOLLYWOOD FOR ENNIS.

DID NOT MATTER TO ME.

THEY DID STAY TOGETHER! OH MY, I SAW THAT AS A KEY ELEMENT OF THE FILM...THE LASTING NATURE OF A FORBIDDEN LOVE.
       7.     Do you think the way the story was written that Jack had to die, in order to make

the story credable.?

NO, ALTHOUGH TRAGEDY ALWAYS MAKES FOR A CONTRAST TO A LOVE STORY--ROMEO & JULIET, ETC ETC. BUT IT COULD HAVE ENDED DIFFERENTLY AND HAD THE SAME IMPACT, I THINK.

THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY, BUT SOME MOVIES ARE TOO GREAT TO CONSIDER IT. REMEMBER THE SEQUEL ATTEMPT FOR GONE WITH THE WIND? HORRIBLE.

NOT LOST, BUT IT HAS EVOLVED FROM A STATE OF INTENSITY AND ALMOST PSYCHOTIC LOVE TO SOMETING LIKE THE APPRECIATION OF A FINE WINE OR FINE CIGAR.

a Brokie?

YES. SUCH NEVER GOES AWAY; IT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN IN THE BACKGROUND AND PART OF ANY MOVIE CONVERSATION FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 10:32:10 pm »

Jake Gyllenhaal

Can I pet Boo and Atticus?

I really want to be Jack, but I'm 95% Ennis.

Those two became Jack and Ennis to me, so I can't even imagine anyone else in the parts.

The scenery was beautiful, so it was fine being filmed in Canada.

Yes.

the story credable.?

I was taken aback when Jack died. I wanted the story to end with them together, of course. But for it to be what it is---Brokeback Mountain---Jack had to die.

No.

No.

a Brokie?

Yes.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 08:37:26 pm »
1.  If you could go to dinner with one of the main people from Brokeback Mountain... Ang Lee, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, Anne Hathaway Diana Ossana, Randy Quaid, Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose?

Ang Lee.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be?

Probably one he's heard many times before, but "What made you decide you wanted to make films?"

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with?

Ennis Del Mar.

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now?

No one.

No.

No.  Ennis couldn't get past his childhood traumas.  No convincing I or anyone could have done would have changed that.

7.     Do you think the way the story had to be written that Jack had to die in order to make the story credible?

Credible, no.  Tragic and classic, yes.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel?

No.  I don't think perfection should be messed with.

No.  I still have the greatest enthusiasm for The Mission.  ;)

10.     Do you then think you are in it for the long haul?  Like trekies,, will forever be a Brokie?

Once a Brokie, always a Brokie.  (But not like a Trekie.  ;))

Fun questions, Janice.  Thanks!
No more beans!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 10:21:58 pm »

No.  Ennis couldn't get past his childhood traumas.  No convincing I or anyone could have done would have changed that.

Well put!
I've been thinking, if Jack couldn't convince Ennis no one on the planet could!
I think he could convince me to do most anythig! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 09:45:25 pm »

I would choose Annie Proulx.  I want to look into the eyes of the woman who gave us such a masterpiece! 

How did you do this?

Ennis Del Mar

No one.  No one at all!

No.  I don't think the location is important.

No, because I don't think they were together, really together to begin with.  And I don't think they actually left one other.

the story credable.?

No, but I think Jack had to die to teach Ennis about love.

No!  Never!

No, and this scares me a little.  I never thought I would be this excited about anything, and for so long!

a Brokie?

Oh yeah, sure!  Why not?  BBM changed my life and anything that can do that deserves my lifelong devotion.  I'm not sure what it means to quit BBM.  I'm in it for the long haul.  I'm also a trekkie, but not to the extent that I'm a Brokie.

Offline Ally-at-BetterMost

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Don't be afraid of what your mind conceives
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 04:54:02 am »

Gyllenheath!! (no I cannot pick one, sorry ;D)

I would ask them in which way they both resemble Jack's and Ennis' personality in real life.

Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar, at the moment a bit more Ennis.

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now?

No. nO. NO. no.

No. With CGI and special effects you could have made it anywhere. I mean, I saw the making of BBM's special effects. They even added a mountain somewhere! :o :)

Yes I think I could have made them see how to move ahead with their relationship. Well, I would have tried real real hard.

the story credable.?

No, not necessarily.

I wish there was a way, but I can't find one. BBM is one of a kind.

No, this is the first movie that has made me more enthousiastic than ever. And I still love it.

a Brokie?

Yes, for the first time in my life I'm a fan, a real fan, of a movie! It's comparable with the enthousiasm I have for particular bands and their music! And that's a lot!

Shadows and Taaaallll Trees
Another Time Another Place
I Will Follow

Offline miniangel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 11:04:16 pm »

Annie Proulx.   Who would you choose,? Much as I'd love to meet Heath who is a charming, wise and sensitive man, way beyond his years, I'd have to say Annie Proulx because she holds all the answers.

2.  You can ask them one question.   What would it be.?May I have all sixty of your drafts, please? Right now?

3.   Which person in the film do you most identify with.? Ennis

4.   Who other than Heath and Jake do you see being able to play Jack and Ennis now.? I think Heath was the perfect Ennis. I'd like to have seen Jack played by someone with curly hair and buck teeth, and who was shorter and more rounded, i.e. the book description. I think the height difference is important. Actually, all of Jack's physical description ins important, and alters much of the story. And his character is a little less romantic too. Having said that, I adore Jake's performance and wouldn't change it or him. I'd just be interested in another version.

5.    Do you wish they had made the movie in Wyoming, instead of in Canada? Yes. Wyoming has a differeny feel, less generous than Canada.

a confidant they trusted? I'd only need to convince Ennis! It might have been possible so long as I could have him locked in a room for a month with plenty of whiskey, and a straightjacket handy for when he wanted to act up. Seriously, I think he just needed a big enough shock in order to move a little and Jack could have done the rest.

the story credable.? Sadly, yes. Ennis needed that body blow to understand. If Jack had just wandered off and made another life, he wouldn't have been the Jack I know. I don' t think he could live without Ennis.

8.     Do you wish there was a way to make a prequel or sequel  ? There ain't never enough Brokeback! No.

9.     Have you started to lose your enthuasism for the entire thing? *falls on floor, laughing hysterically* No, it just changes as the months roll on.

a Brokie? Yes, I do.