Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2166474 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3250 on: March 06, 2008, 01:17:24 am »
Peace by Littlewing1957

That was simply beautiful, Littlewing.
You never cease to amaze me with your unending source of imaginative stories to tell. Amazing.

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3251 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:22 am »
Peace by Littlewing1957

That was simply beautiful, Littlewing.
You never cease to amaze me with your unending source of imaginative stories to tell. Amazing.

Thanks, Love!  You're always so kind to me  :-*  I really appreciate it!  :)

Dagi

Re: Peace
« Reply #3252 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:58 am »
Peace By Littlewing1957

Alma promised herself that she would never visit Ennis Del Mar.  After his outburst that Thanksgiving so many years ago, the only thing Alma ever said to Ennis was hi and bye.  She never set foot in his trailer.  But this time was different.  Alma Jr. told her last week that Jack Twist had died.  Alma looked ahead down the roads that lead to Ennis’ trailer.  She was not surprised that he lived so simply – without frills or a lot of creature comforts.  Alma knew more than anyone else that Ennis Del Mar cared little for material things.  She frowned when she thought of Ennis as a “That’ll do” type of man.  She always hoped that her ex-husband would set the bar higher.  He never did.

Alma Jr. told her how to find Ennis.  She didn’t even know where he lived.  Alma Jr. was not a frequent visitor to her dad’s lonely little trailer, but she did stop in to see him from time to time.  Jenny visited him even less.  Alma was dubious when she learned about Jack Twist’s death.  She was also furious that the girls happened to meet him one day during a visitation.  Jenny was the one to tell Alma that Jack dropped by just when Ennis got them settled in the car to go get something to eat.  It was okay, though.  Ennis sent Jack away after a few minutes.  Alma shuddered when she thought of Jack meeting her daughters.  She fought every urge to make it difficult for Ennis to see his girls.  But she found she couldn’t deprive Ennis of his children.  She trusted him.  She knew he would never expose the girls to anything untoward.  Alma drove up alongside the trailer and parked her Ford Mustang.  She had to keep her courage up.  She had to do this.

Alma walked across the gravel to Ennis’ front door.  She didn’t even have to knock, as Ennis flung the door open upon her approach.  He must have seen her drive up somehow.  “Why don’t you come on in,” Ennis said as he gestured to his ex-wife with a small smile on his still handsome face.  Alma nodded and entered the trailer.  Alma made herself as comfortable as she could on Ennis’ small “loveseat.”  “To what do I owe the pleasure?” Ennis asked Alma as he passed her a glass of pop.  Alma took a swig of the beverage and placed it down on her thigh. “Is what I’m hearing true?” She asked, almost tenderly.  Ennis cocked his head to the side.  “I don’t know.  What did you hear?”  Alma recounted the story Alma Jr. told her about Jack’s demise and how she came to know about it.  “It’s true!” Ennis said so softly that Alma barely heard.  She blew air out of her tiny mouth and looked down into her glass.  Jack Twist was not Alma’s favorite person by a long shot, but she didn’t hate him.  In fact, after having seen him only once, she found herself almost captivated by his sweet looks and his charming demeanor.  She didn’t want to believe that he had died.  “I won’t ask about the specifics, Ennis.” Alma spoke softly.  “But I just wanted to say that I know how much you loved him.” Ennis was gearing up to object, but Alma stopped him with a raised hand.  “Please let me finish.  I just want to say this and I’m out of here.  Don’t interrupt.”  Ennis backed down and listened.  “Listen, Ennis.  The kind of love you had for Jack won’t die.  You’ll never lose him.  Wherever he is, he still loves you.  You must believe this.”  Alma watched as silent tears fell down Ennis’ cheeks.  “I don’t know what lead me here to tell you this, but I just got a compelling to come here, is all.  I feel better about everything, Ennis.  I’m at peace and I want you to be at peace, too.”  Ennis leaned over and kissed Alma’s hand.  “Now I gotta go.  You remember what I said, here?”  Ennis couldn’t speak, but followed Alma to the door of his trailer.  He embraced her and watched as she drove away into the night.

So beautiful and so touching, sweetie. Alma made quite a step, too. Thanks for this lovely little scene, Marie

I´m a little behind with reading "Right", and I´m quite busy with work and my little son who is sick again, but I´lll catch up with you as soon as possible...

Love,
Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Peace
« Reply #3253 on: March 06, 2008, 12:43:17 pm »
So beautiful and so touching, sweetie. Alma made quite a step, too. Thanks for this lovely little scene, Marie

I´m a little behind with reading "Right", and I´m quite busy with work and my little son who is sick again, but I´lll catch up with you as soon as possible...

Love,
Dagi

Thanks, Dagi!  You're very sweet as always.  I'm sorry to hear your son is sick again.  I wish him a speedy recovery.  Dont work too hard!  :laugh:

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (84)
« Reply #3254 on: March 06, 2008, 01:00:26 pm »
Mornin', Toy.

Well, the $64,000 Question: "What are we gonna do now, Jack? What are we gonna do?" Looking forward to finding out what you have in store for them in answer to that question. 

Liked how you solved the mystery [to me anyway] of the revolver/30-30 blast with Leroy.  Either way, he died.  And either way, the sight of OMT with a smoking 30-30 in his hands must have scared the Bejesus out of Ennis, to make him decide he has to leave.  Wonder why Jack didn't think of that too? Maybe because it's his house and his town and his parents, but still...  Considering all that has happened to them there, it may be best for them to strike out on their own somewhere else for a while, some place where they won't have those memories thrown in their faces every day. 

[No, I won't say it!]

Thanks again. 

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right
« Reply #3255 on: March 06, 2008, 01:35:04 pm »
Mornin', again, to both of you.

Well, another question:  Is it "Rockie" or "Rocky"?  You've used both spellings.  Was reading through the whole thing again just now, and it hit me. [Yeah, I should be working, and I am, but still...]

Thanks again. 

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3256 on: March 06, 2008, 01:47:29 pm »
Howdy cwby30,
Rockie or Rocky? I usually spell her nickname "Rocky" while Littlewing spells it, "Rockie". I suppose either way is acceptable.

I reasoned Ennis would be shocked by the shooting more than Jack based on what he saw as a young boy.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:53:00 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3257 on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:59 pm »
Howdy cwby30,
Rockie or Rocky? I ususally spell her nickname "Rocky" while Littlewing spells it, "Rockie". I suppose either way is acceptable.

I reasoned Ennis would be shocked by the shooting more than Jack based on what he saw as a young boy.

I think I've even spelled her name "Rocky" a few times, even though I usually spell it "Rockie," as Toy observed.  Well, we won't have to worry about that.  I believe we've seen the last of Raquel  ;)  That is, unless Toy finds she has more to say, more to do...

I should be working, as well.  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right 85
« Reply #3258 on: March 08, 2008, 04:37:03 pm »
Right 85 By Littlewing1957

Jack was the first to hear it!  “Ennis, wake up!” He whispered as he tried to shake his friend awake. “I think I hear someone outside the door!”  “Wha..?” Ennis mumbled groggily as he opened his sleep encrusted eyes.  Ennis pulled himself up from his pillow and faced Jack.  “Shhh..listen!” Jack spoke softly.  “I’m sure I heard someone or some thing out there!”  Ennis was fully awake now.  He had to take a moment to get his bearings, remember where he was and what was going on.  He thought back to last night when they made love so passionately and urgently.  Ennis had to smile when he remembered Jack, in the heat of passion, whispering, “Say my name, Ennis, what’s my name?”  Jack brought him back to the moment. “What's the matter with you, friend?” Jack stammered as he noticed the dreamy look on Ennis’ face.  “Don’t you think we should go investigate?”  Ennis looked at Jack and shook his head.  “I don’t hear anything, Jack!  Look, if it will make you feel better, I’ll put on a pair of jeans and go take a look.”  Jack didn’t like it.  “Wait! We can both go out there.  I won’t tell you to do something that I’m not willing to do myself.”  Ennis thought Jack was babbling, but he didn’t argue.  “Suit yourself.  C’mon then, let’s go see what’s up.”  Jack climbed out of Ennis’ twin bed first.  He looked back as Ennis pulled himself out, and, like Ennis, couldn’t help but recall last night’s deliciously satisfying love fest. 

Ennis, fully dressed in dark wash jeans and a sweatshirt, led Jack out of the basement apartment.  The early morning air was brisk to say the least.  Frothy white clouds moved across a robin’s egg blue sky on the wings of a lazy wind.  Jack followed Ennis onto his property and had a look around.  “Maybe we should have a weapon?” Jack asked. Ennis considered it.  “Well what do you suggest?  I don’t have a gun, or even a knife.”  Jack shrugged as Ennis took it all in.  There was nothing to be afraid of, or at least it seemed that way.  No one in sight.  Jack walked a bit ahead of his friend.  “Yeah, you’re right, Ennis,” Jack conceded.  “Don’t look like anything is wrong.  But I swear I heard someone out here.”  Ennis caught up to him and placed an arm around Jack’s shoulder.  “Its okay, Jack.  Nothing wrong with being cautious.  You have every right.”  Jack fought an urge to lay his head against Ennis’ shoulder.  You never know who may be watching.  “Ahhh, ain’t that sweet!”  Ennis jumped as though someone branded him with a hot poker.  Jack flung around and followed the voice, but there was no one in sight.  “Don’t let me stop your tender moment, fellas!”  Ennis and Jack both turned from side-to-side, scared out of their minds, but needing to find the danger.  “Who are you?”  Jack shouted into the air.  But before anyone could answer, Leroy Tippens and Alan Sims seemed to materialize right in front of Ennis.  Jack didn’t see anyone.  Ennis watched a bruised and bloodied Leroy slide closer toward him.  Alan was standing just behind Leroy, equally bloody, as real and as grim as death, and holding a tire iron!

It was too much for Ennis.  He woke with a start and looked around.  Sweat that was beaded on his forehead now trickled down his cheeks.  Ennis looked over at Jack who was sleeping peacefully.  It was all a cruel dream!  Ennis looked at the tray with the now cold milk and what was left of the cookies Mrs. Twist made for them.  It was all coming back.  What a relief!  But what if the dream was a warning of sorts?  Ennis thought back to the time when he was nine years old.  His dad told him he wanted to show him something very important, and took him by the hand and led him to a drainage ditch.  His brother went along, as well.  Ennis would learn of people who block bad memories from their consciousness forever, and he sincerely hoped that he could have been one of those people.  But the image of poor Earl lying in that drainage ditch with an angry red gash where his private parts were supposed to be was an image that Ennis would never forget as long as he lived.  He didn’t want to think of anything happening to Jack.  Ennis looked at his lover and patted his shoulder ever so gently.  The tender motion woke Jack.  He turned a groggy head toward Ennis and smiled.  “Hey, good morning, friend!” Jack whispered and placed his fingers between Ennis’ thighs.  Ennis warmed and smiled at his lover.  “Didn’t mean to wake you, Jack.  How you feeling?  You okay?”  Jack had a bemused look on his gorgeous face.  “Well, sure!  Why not?  You okay?”  Ennis moaned.  Jack noticed and sat upright in the tiny bed.  “Friend, what is it?” Jack was concerned now.  Ennis avoided Jack’s gaze.  He couldn’t tell him about the dream.  He never even had the opportunity to mention Earl to Jack.  It just never came up in conversation.  Now was not the time.  But he knew what needed to happen.

Ennis climbed out of bed and looked out of the window.  “Beautiful morning, Jack!” Ennis stated.  “Seems that way!” Jack answered, warily.  “Ennis, what is it?” Jack asked, incredulous.  He knew how quickly Ennis could move from one mood to the next, and he wanted to know just what he was up against.  Ennis turned to face Jack.  He was naked, and Jack appreciated the view.  “Look Jack,” Ennis began, “I gotta leave here.  I can’t stay.”  Jack heard it all before.  “What brought this on?  I thought you wanted to come back to the ranch?”  Ennis lowered his eyes to the floor.  “I have my reasons, and if you come with me, in time I’ll make them clear to you.”  Jack considered Ennis’ words.  He knew, instantly, that he never wanted to be separated from Ennis again.  He would follow him to hell, if need be.  “Okay, En,” Jack whispered.  “Sometimes we just gotta move on, make our own way in this life.  My folks will be very disappointed, but they must have known that this day would come.”  Jack climbed out of bed and embraced his lover.  “Just let me break it to my ma.  My pa will be trouble, too, but he’ll get over it.”  Ennis’ eyes danced.  He kissed Jack tenderly on his full lips.   "Where will we go?”

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Right (85)
« Reply #3259 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:39 pm »

Mornin', Little.

Well, had me going there, as you planned!  Glad that Ennis told Jack that he would tell Jack everything in time, but not just then.  It's for the best that they leave, even if there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and rending of garments at their leaving, too many bad memories there.  Maybe they can return someday.  But, for now their further adventures will begin.  Looking forward to that.

Thanks again.