Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2160848 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Warm Weather and Happiness
« Reply #3270 on: March 15, 2008, 08:17:36 pm »
Ennis grinned as Jack caressed his hair, and then his cheeks.  Happy time!  It was good to be warm.  It was so good to be alive.

Truer words were never spoken. Littlewing1957.

Hey, I'm enjoying "My Post Was Deleted..." on IMDb by GeorgeOXStrokes. Bruce is so clever. I'm going to ask him to come over and start the game here. Wouldn't that be fun?

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3271 on: March 15, 2008, 08:25:05 pm »
Hello Toycoon and Littlewing!! How are you two?

Hey, Toycoon. I have my craft project run off. I gotta find some glue now.  :P I forgot about having to clue it to lightweight board.

I'll take a picture if it turns out.  ;D

Now--I'm going over to check out Bruce's thread!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3272 on: March 15, 2008, 08:53:38 pm »
Hey there, NastyShasta,
Yer makin' your craft project; I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the picture of your Brokeback Stand-it's.

"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Warm Weather and Happiness
« Reply #3273 on: March 15, 2008, 10:47:18 pm »

Truer words were never spoken. Littlewing1957.

Hey, I'm enjoying "My Post Was Deleted..." on IMDb by GeorgeOXStrokes. Bruce is so clever. I'm going to ask him to come over and start the game here. Wouldn't that be fun?

It is a fun thread!  I think it would be awesome to include it here!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Anticipation
« Reply #3274 on: March 15, 2008, 10:59:09 pm »
Anticipation By Littlewing1957

Jack climbed behind the driver’s seat of his new truck and prepared himself mentally for the 1400 mile drive to Wyoming.  He didn’t mind the journey, but he made a point to psyche himself up emotionally.  Greeting Ennis Del Mar after several months apart was no small thing! 

Jack gripped the steering wheel and clenched his eyes shut.  He was nervous.  He wasn’t even on the road yet, just kissed his family goodbye a few minutes ago, but already he wondered how it would go.  Jack thought about the sequence of events.  He was getting more excited than nervous.  What usually happens from the start?  Well, that depended on who arrived first at the designated spot.  Jack generally arrived early, and when Ennis did show up, he felt himself almost weak from joy.  After that, they just played it by ear.

Jack started the truck.  He had to get a move on.  He didn’t need an impetus, other than the thought of Ennis appearing before him.  Perhaps Ennis would make it to the site first.  Jack saw, in his mind’s eye, Ennis preparing the campsite, unaware that he was being watched.  And when he noticed Jack’s approach, Ennis would stop himself from jumping up and down like a lovesick puppy.  It was an agreeable thought.  Jack drove faster than the speed limit.  He had to get to his lover.  He would risk a traffic ticket to see Ennis running toward him.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:57:34 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3275 on: March 15, 2008, 11:03:13 pm »
Hello Toycoon and Littlewing!! How are you two?

Hey, Toycoon. I have my craft project run off. I gotta find some glue now.  :P I forgot about having to clue it to lightweight board.

I'll take a picture if it turns out.  ;D

Now--I'm going over to check out Bruce's thread!

Hey, Shasta!  I'm doing okay.  I trust you're well?  I have to go over and start on Toy's craft.  It sounds like a lot of fun!  I have just the spot for them!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Anticipation (2)
« Reply #3276 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:36 pm »
Anticipation (2) By Littlewing1957

Ennis sat very still on his small bed.  He would normally pace around his trailer like a nervous cat while he anticipated his rendezvous with Jack Twist.  This time was different, though.  He was fighting back a bad feeling, a sense of foreboding.  Ennis was not a superstitious man, but he wondered if this trip should take place.  There was nothing specific about his fears.  Ennis didn’t know why he was bothered.  The bad feelings were there, and he didn’t like it one bit.

Ennis was a man of his word, and he had every intention of meeting Jack up at Don Wroe’s cabin.  He placed his warm coat and a couple shirts in his drawstring knapsack.  He packed his toothbrush and a pair of sneakers.  He didn’t have to worry about food.  Jack promised to cart up a truckload of vittles to the cabin.  Everything was packed, and Ennis locked his trailer door behind him.  He was all ready for 10 days at Don Wroe’s cabin.

Jack was there first.  Ennis still couldn’t fight his feelings of dread, even after kissing Jack on the mouth.  He made a valiant effort of hiding his feelings, and was successful.  Jack never knew.  Ennis was uneasy right through dinner.  But when the first stars peeked out from grey clouds, and Jack pulled Ennis down on the living room sofa, Ennis began to soften.  Jack began to groom him.  He combed his sandy hair with his fingers and inspected his day-old stubble.  Jack’s ministrations had Ennis purring like a well-fed cat in no time.  He leaned back and let Jack do his thing.  An hour later when Jack was silent in his arms, Ennis couldn’t even remember what he was so scared about.  That Jack Twist!  There was no one else for him.  He could give eyesight to the blind!

Fin

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:59:30 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #3277 on: March 15, 2008, 11:34:32 pm »
Blue Smoke by elomelo

Smoke curled in haphazard wisps, grey-blue in the pink light spilling across the stretch of sky before dissappearing into nothingness. Like the moments between them.

Ennis took one last drag of the cigaratte, the very same Jack had thrown at him in the morning before retreating into the tent. They bickered, yes, Jack accounting for more than a healthy amount of the complaining but it usually didn't go past a certain point. They would fight, glare, launch at each other and roll around, and then proceed to kiss the living daylights out of each other. But today was different; there was only a tired sigh of resignation, on Jack's part, after the fight and the glare.

It was a stupid, stupid argument. Over those damn beans, again. Well, it had started off as that. Somehow the heated conversation had taken a turn towards Jack's inability to cook anything worth a damn and then Ennis's utter failure at putting up a decent tent. They were both shouting. Ennis ended it with a growl - "Jack fuckin' Twist, a cigarette would be better than being here talkin to you anyday." As soon as Ennis had said those words, he wished he could take back. It was almost comical how far Jack could drop that stubbled jaw of his or how wide those blue eyes could get.

He dropped the cancer stick to the ground, grinding his heel a bit harder than necessary to put it out. He hated when they fought like this, their pride getting the better of them. Jack had an ego, a considerably large one if Ennis had any say in it, but that wasn't to say it was something the blonde haired cowboy lacked. When they kissed, it was a battle for dominance, tongues claiming, teeth gnashing. But it was Jack who, whilst smashing his lips against Ennis's and drawing blood for all he knew, stroked his jaw so gently, it was ironic.

Sometimes just looking at the man drove Ennis crazy. How could someone be that beautiful and completely unaware of it? He wouldn't say it to Jack, not to his face, but he hated it when Jack hurt himself, even if it were a small cut or scratch. It was unacceptable in his eyes. Only him, only Ennis could leave any marks on that taut skin. Which he did with vigour, branding Jack, leaving the marks like the loveletters he could never bring himself to write. These were unsaid agreements between them, silent whispers between gasps and moans and smiles and glares and huffs and chuckles.

The sun was melting into the sky, its yellow light bleeding into the pink and purple hues of the skies. Stars glimmered high above. Jack loved stars, saw shapes between the bright dots; cowboys and clouds and jars and things Ennis didn't. But he nodded all the same, smiling and holding him tighter.

"It's gettin colder, cowboy," a soft voice broke through his reverie, "so git in here before this fuckup has to haul your ass in."

Apparently all was forgiven.

-------

There might be a sequel of sorts, if I muster the energy. Must. Drink. Caffeine.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3278 on: March 16, 2008, 12:52:54 am »
Blue Smoke by elomelo

Smoke curled in haphazard wisps, grey-blue in the pink light spilling across the stretch of sky before dissappearing into nothingness. Like the moments between them.

Ennis took one last drag of the cigaratte, the very same Jack had thrown at him in the morning before retreating into the tent. They bickered, yes, Jack accounting for more than a healthy amount of the complaining but it usually didn't go past a certain point. They would fight, glare, launch at each other and roll around, and then proceed to kiss the living daylights out of each other. But today was different; there was only a tired sigh of resignation, on Jack's part, after the fight and the glare.

It was a stupid, stupid argument. Over those damn beans, again. Well, it had started off as that. Somehow the heated conversation had taken a turn towards Jack's inability to cook anything worth a damn and then Ennis's utter failure at putting up a decent tent. They were both shouting. Ennis ended it with a growl - "Jack fuckin' Twist, a cigarette would be better than being here talkin to you anyday." As soon as Ennis had said those words, he wished he could take back. It was almost comical how far Jack could drop that stubbled jaw of his or how wide those blue eyes could get.

He dropped the cancer stick to the ground, grinding his heel a bit harder than necessary to put it out. He hated when they fought like this, their pride getting the better of them. Jack had an ego, a considerably large one if Ennis had any say in it, but that wasn't to say it was something the blonde haired cowboy lacked. When they kissed, it was a battle for dominance, tongues claiming, teeth gnashing. But it was Jack who, whilst smashing his lips against Ennis's and drawing blood for all he knew, stroked his jaw so gently, it was ironic.

Sometimes just looking at the man drove Ennis crazy. How could someone be that beautiful and completely unaware of it? He wouldn't say it to Jack, not to his face, but he hated it when Jack hurt himself, even if it were a small cut or scratch. It was unacceptable in his eyes. Only him, only Ennis could leave any marks on that taut skin. Which he did with vigour, branding Jack, leaving the marks like the loveletters he could never bring himself to write. These were unsaid agreements between them, silent whispers between gasps and moans and smiles and glares and huffs and chuckles.

The sun was melting into the sky, its yellow light bleeding into the pink and purple hues of the skies. Stars glimmered high above. Jack loved stars, saw shapes between the bright dots; cowboys and clouds and jars and things Ennis didn't. But he nodded all the same, smiling and holding him tighter.

"It's gettin colder, cowboy," a soft voice broke through his reverie, "so git in here before this fuckup has to haul your ass in."

Apparently all was forgiven.

-------

There might be a sequel of sorts, if I muster the energy. Must. Drink. Caffeine.

Elomelo, welcome in.  Thanks so much for sharing this exceptional story with us.  I really hung on every word, and I truly hope you favor us with a sequel.  I just love reading about a young Ennis and Jack, getting to know one another up there on Brokeback.  You have given us a very intimate look at their dealings up on the mountian.  "Blue Smoke" is very sexy and moving at the same time.  You are a gifted writer, and you have such an insight into Ennis and Jack's relationship.  I just love how you describe their interaction.

Again, thanks so much for sharing.  I really treasure this tale.  Please do it again!  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3279 on: March 16, 2008, 01:46:21 am »
Blue Smoke by elomelo

Wow, I'm in awe - great job Elomelo, such beautiful detailing of Ennis & Jack's intimacy and humanness. I second Littlewing in hoping that you will please write some more!! 
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?