Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2167778 times)

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3280 on: March 16, 2008, 03:29:12 pm »
Elomelo, welcome in.  Thanks so much for sharing this exceptional story with us.  I really hung on every word, and I truly hope you favor us with a sequel.  I just love reading about a young Ennis and Jack, getting to know one another up there on Brokeback.  You have given us a very intimate look at their dealings up on the mountian.  "Blue Smoke" is very sexy and moving at the same time.  You are a gifted writer, and you have such an insight into Ennis and Jack's relationship.  I just love how you describe their interaction.

Again, thanks so much for sharing.  I really treasure this tale.  Please do it again!  :)

Thank you littlewing1957 :) :) I really appreciate your comments and do intend to continue writing here. Your story was wonderful too!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3281 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:04 pm »
Thank you littlewing1957 :) :) I really appreciate your comments and do intend to continue writing here. Your story was wonderful too!

Fabulous!  I really want more of your writing.   :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3282 on: March 16, 2008, 09:36:16 pm »
Spectacular Elomelo!
I'm so glad you choose the Jack with Ennis Fanfic Game as your forum for your writing debut. Your writing is quite wonderful! Very visual and descriptive. Truly enjoyable. I hope you continue to contribute to our thread. It's exciting to see fresh talent around these parts.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Happiness is Just Around the bend?
« Reply #3283 on: March 18, 2008, 10:05:04 pm »
Happiness is Just Around the Bend? By Littlewing1957

Jack felt things were looking up!  He was just paid a hefty commission for selling an expensive combine.  He drove down the streets of Childress and looked for the signs that would lead him to Dallas.  It was a long drive, perhaps totally unnecessary, but Jack liked to keep his financial matters secret and separate.  He thought maintaining a bank account at an obscure financial institution in Dallas was a good idea.

Jack parked his new truck in the lot of the Fidelity Savings and Loan.  He had an account at this particular branch for going on 10 years.  His passbook never left his person.  Lureen didn’t know about it.  No one did.  “Hello, Mr. Twist!”  It was Vera, one of the tellers who found Jack particularly attractive.  She was sitting on a bench outside the small building, obviously taking a break.  Jack nodded Vera’s way without stopping.  He had to make a deposit and head on home.  The Savings and Loan was not crowded by any means, but the dozen or so folks in line all turned to watch as Jack entered.  He seemed oblivious to the reaction of the other customers.  Jack was there for one thing and one thing only.  He was building a nest egg of sorts.

“Another deposit, Mr. Twist?” A lovely young lady asked as Jack approached her window.  “Yeah, I’m afraid so, Pam.” Jack answered matter-of-factly.  Pam smiled at her customer and accepted the cash.  She entered the amount in Jack’s passbook and stamped it.  “Anything else I can do for you, Mr. Twist?” Pam’s eyes twinkled.  Jack noticed and smiled.  These women are so silly!  Jack thought as he placed his passbook inside his jacket’s inner pocket.  If only they knew!  Jack considered the staggering sum of money he was able to squirrel away over the years.  It was an almost unbelievable amount and would make a nice down payment on a spread.  Jack stood still a moment and patted the passbook.  In his mind’s eye he saw Ennis running around the expanse with one of his horses.  It was a sweet vision.  If only he could convince Ennis to make his dream of that sweet life a reality.  Jack was a determined man.  He was a man in love.  He thought about a song he heard on the radio: “Happiness is just around the bend.”  Jack considered the lyrics to the song:  “Happiness is just around the bend.”  He hoped so.  He hoped so with all of his being.  Jack exited the Savings and Loan and headed out for Childress.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:35:39 pm by littlewing1957 »

Dagi

Re: Anticipation (2)
« Reply #3284 on: March 19, 2008, 06:29:10 am »
Anticipation (2) By Littlewing1957

Ennis sat very still on his small bed.  He would normally pace around his trailer like a nervous cat while he anticipated his rendezvous with Jack Twist.  This time was different, though.  He was fighting back a bad feeling, a sense of foreboding.  Ennis was not a superstitious man, but he wondered if this trip should take place.  There was nothing specific about his fears.  Ennis didn’t know why he was bothered.  The bad feelings were there, and he didn’t like it one bit.

Ennis was a man of his word, and he had every intention of meeting Jack up at Don Wroe’s cabin.  He placed his warm coat and a couple shirts in his drawstring knapsack.  He packed his toothbrush and a pair of sneakers.  He didn’t have to worry about food.  Jack promised to cart up a truckload of vittles to the cabin.  Everything was packed, and Ennis locked his trailer door behind him.  He was all ready for 10 days at Don Wroe’s cabin.

Jack was there first.  Ennis still couldn’t fight his feelings of dread, even after kissing Jack on the mouth.  He made a valiant effort of hiding his feelings, and was successful.  Jack never knew.  Ennis was uneasy right through dinner.  But when the first stars peeked out from grey clouds, and Jack pulled Ennis down on the living room sofa, Ennis began to soften.  Jack began to groom him.  He combed his sandy hair with his fingers and inspected his day-old stubble.  Jack’s ministrations had Ennis purring like a well-fed cat in no time.  He leaned back and let Jack do his thing.  An hour later when Jack was silent in his arms, Ennis couldn’t even remember what he was so scared about.  That Jack Twist!  There was no one else for him.  He could give eyesight to the blind!

Fin

Love your stories, Marie! Your little episodes that let us look into our boy´s hearts are so precious.

Dagi :-*

Dagi

« Reply #3285 on: March 19, 2008, 06:36:02 am »
Blue Smoke by elomelo

:D That was a wonderful story, Elomelo! I´m glad you are joining in. I´d love to read more.

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Anticipation (2)
« Reply #3286 on: March 19, 2008, 02:58:01 pm »
Love your stories, Marie! Your little episodes that let us look into our boy´s hearts are so precious.

Dagi :-*

Thanks, Dagi!  I love writing them.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Homecoming
« Reply #3287 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:39 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, have sure enjoyed reading all the stories posted recently, and apologize for not taking the time to say hello and tell you that.  So, I am!

I posted a one-shot on my LJ a little while ago, and thought I'd contribute it here.  It's more than three paragraphs [by a long shot!], so have included the link.  Not sure how to make this link work with a "click" of the mouse, you'll have to cut-and-paste.  I tried it and it works that way.  Hope you like it. 

http://cwby30.livejournal.com/10147.html#cutid1

Always appreciate being included in the Fan Fic Game... great thread here. 

Thanks again.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3288 on: March 20, 2008, 10:10:13 pm »
Mornin'.

Well, have sure enjoyed reading all the stories posted recently, and apologize for not taking the time to say hello and tell you that.  So, I am!

I posted a one-shot on my LJ a little while ago, and thought I'd contribute it here.  It's more than three paragraphs [by a long shot!], so have included the link.  Not sure how to make this link work with a "click" of the mouse, you'll have to cut-and-paste.  I tried it and it works that way.  Hope you like it. 

Always appreciate being included in the Fan Fic Game... great thread here. 

Thanks again.

I'm just making it clickable, cwby30!

I haven't had a chance to read all of it, but I'm really enjoying the tale.  I won't spoil it for the others.  I do recommend Homecoming, you guys.  Cwby30's fic is a real sweet read.  And there are other tales on the site that I'm sure are just as entertaining.  Thanks for the link, Babe!  I'll finish the story and post a reply.  I'll also read your other work.  You're a very sensitive soul, cwby30, and a very talented writer.  I'm so glad you've joined us.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3289 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:51 am »

Evenin', Littlewing.

Well, can't hardly write, I'm blushing so hard.  Appreciate greatly the compliment.  Again, it's great to be included in this thread.   :D

Thanks again.