Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2159077 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Homecoming
« Reply #3290 on: March 21, 2008, 09:32:11 pm »
Evenin', Littlewing.

Well, can't hardly write, I'm blushing so hard.  Appreciate greatly the compliment.  Again, it's great to be included in this thread.   :D

Thanks again.

Thank you, cwby30!    :) I should have something nice and juicy posted soon.  Please hang in here with us!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3291 on: March 22, 2008, 09:09:30 pm »

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you, My Love!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Straight from the Can
« Reply #3292 on: March 25, 2008, 01:18:50 am »
My mom always said, “Food brings people together.”  I never gave it much thought, but once I shared a can of beans with Ennis Del Mar, I realized that my ma was right.  We bonded over beans, and over stringy dried elk and canned fruit.  I remember watching a wavering, shadowy outline of Ennis Del Mar scooping beans out of a can, his manly shape gloomy in the night.  Ennis never took the first bite.  He always feed me first from the spoon, then ate heartily himself.  Ennis liked beans.  I liked to watch him eat.  These days I’m used to more fancy vittles: steak, shrimp, grilled wild salmon, and asparagus.  But for me the true feast is being fed beans straight from a can, lovingly by my man.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Time
« Reply #3293 on: March 25, 2008, 11:58:58 am »
For a long time, he'd invite me to stay, to share the sweet life with him.  I'd always decline, told him two guys just didn't do that, too afraid of tire irons.  That wasn't the half of it.  I was too afraid of myself, letting go, letting him in all the way, all the time.   Done him wrong, all these years, last trip made that clear.  It's time now.  He hasn't asked for some time, don't think he will again after what I said last time. So I'm gonna invite him next time, come November. Hope he'll accept this time. 

[100 words, Drabblefest prompts: invite accept decline]

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3294 on: March 25, 2008, 04:16:39 pm »
For a long time, he'd invite me to stay, to share the sweet life with him.  I'd always decline, told him two guys just didn't do that, too afraid of tire irons.  That wasn't the half of it.  I was too afraid of myself, letting go, letting him in all the way, all the time.   Done him wrong, all these years, last trip made that clear.  It's time now.  He hasn't asked for some time, don't think he will again after what I said last time. So I'm gonna invite him next time, come November. Hope he'll accept this time. 

Beautiful, cwby30!  This reads like a poem or a song.  I haven't been to the drabblefest in awhile.  I'll consider using some of the prompts to write fic for this thread. 

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Straight from the Can
« Reply #3295 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:30 am »
Very cool, Littlewing. I like the new format, too. I'll have to give it a go.  :-*
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3296 on: March 26, 2008, 10:29:29 am »

Excellent, cwby30,
I'm really enjoying this new style. It has a very special, personal feel. As I said. I'm going to have to give this a go, myself.  :)
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Time & Style
« Reply #3297 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:37 am »
Mornin', Marie and Toy.

Well, appreciate your kind words about the 'drabble'.  It's fun and hard to keep it to 100 words or less, and often I end up going over the 100.  Most of the time, it's little vignettes of life and feelings, but sometimes they take on a life of their own, as did my series about "The Wedding Reception."  Last year over on that thread, two authors used the prompts to write almost stories, making entries almost daily, one short and the other longer.  Unfortunately, both stopped writing before resolving their stories. 

And, speaking of which, any progress on J&E's progress at deciding what they're gonna do now, to get things right? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Thanks again. 

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3298 on: March 26, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »
Happiness is around the bend?

Where is that bend??

I want to be there!!

Au revoir,
hugs! I'll give a dozen roses to the one who finds me that hapinnes bend!!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Conversation
« Reply #3299 on: March 26, 2008, 08:05:52 pm »
After what they'd just gone through, Jack couldn't carry on a coherent conversation, didn't have the strength to attach one word to another.  But mustering his all, he looked into Ennis' eyes, and croaked out, "Damn, Ennis, you've gone and nearly done me in this time! I'm exhausted. After 25 years, how can every time we do this still be like the first time? Not that I'm complaining."  He wrapped his left arm tighter around a panting naked Ennis who was snuggling against him in their bed, and who responded in a hoarse whisper, "Shut up and kiss me, Twist."

[word count: 100,  Drabblefest prompts:  Conversation    strength    attach]