Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2166064 times)

Dagi

Re: Scared
« Reply #3410 on: May 22, 2008, 05:06:18 pm »
Before he met Jack Twist, he'd always trod the straight and narrow, eyes down, doing his job, no questions, knowing his lot in life, not a rabble rouser unless someone started in on him.  When he met Jack Twist, he'd looked up into deep blue eyes, and saw another life before him, one that scared him. But the thought of life without Jack scared him more.  Their argument last month cut him to the core.   So, it was time to say and do some things that needed saying and doing before one of them kicked the bucket and it would be too late.  He picked up the phone and dialed Childress for the second time in his life. 

[118 Words; Drabblefest prompts: straight and narrow, rabble rouser, kick the bucket]

I love that one, cwby30!  :D

Dagi

Re: The Other Ministering Angel
« Reply #3411 on: May 22, 2008, 05:12:35 pm »
Ennis was worried about Jack.  He was pale and sort of withdrawn.  Oh, Jack seemed more than glad to be with him, but there was definitely something wrong.  Ennis watched as Jack walked around the tent, inspecting it.  Just six months ago Jack’s stomach was almost spilling over his jeans.  But now he had lost so much weight that his clothes seemed to swallow him whole.  And that was another thing - Jack generally took a lot of pride in his appearance.  He liked his fancy hats and fine parkas.  But this time he wasn’t even trying.  His jeans looked more worn that the pair he wore up on Brokeback, and Ennis was certain he spied a hole in Jack’s blue shirt.  Yes, something was up.  Ennis knew he had to find out what haunted his friend.  He could at least let him talk about it.  He owed him that much, at least.

“C’mon over here by me, Rodeo!” Ennis reached out both arms to Jack.  Jack looked at his lover, head cocked, a bemused smile on his handsome face.  He walked into Ennis’ arms without comment.  Ennis sat down on a rugged log and spread Jack across his lap like a child.  It felt good to hold him, have a tender moment with him.  The trip was young, and there would be time for romance, but Ennis had some digging to do.  He needed to find a way to discover what was troubling his lover.  Ennis hugged Jack tight.  “Whoa, Cowboy, what is this,” Jack chuckled as he struggled to twist free from Ennis’ embrace.  Ennis smiled and gave him some wiggle room.  “Sorry, Bud, but I got carried away.”  Jack ginned mightily at this.  He pointed to the newly erected tent.  “Ya wanna?”  Ennis ran a finger across Jack’s solid chin.  “Later.”  Jack frowned slightly, but was silent.  He relaxed in Ennis’ arms, and allowed himself to be held.  “Jack,” Ennis began, “How are things at work?”  Jack shrugged.  “Okay, I guess.”  Ennis flinched.  He was accustomed to Jack running off at the mouth about his job.  But this time Jack was eerily quiet on the subject.  So that was it?  Perhaps!  Ennis had a few more questions to ask.  “And Lureen?  Is she okay?”  Jack tensed at the mention of his wife’s name.  “Why are you always asking about her?”  Jack's tone disturbed Ennis.  He wasn’t prepared for such a reaction.  So, Lureen is the problem.  “I just wanted to be polite, ask about the family, is all,” Ennis offered.  If you want to talk about it, I’ll be happy to listen!"  Jack softened.  “I’m sorry, Friend,” Jack whispered and kissed Ennis full on the mouth.  “I’m just not up to talking about her.  Bobby neither.  Now can we go to bed?” 

After they made love, Ennis decided to let Jack rest.  The questions could wait for later.  At least Jack knew that Ennis was available if he needed to vent.  It was the case, always.  Ennis didn’t say much, but he was a good listener.  And Jack took every opportunity to unload whenever he was afraid or sad and needed a shoulder to cry on.  Ennis hummed Jack a lullaby, the very same one he used to sing to him up on Brokeback. Jack was asleep in no time.  Ennis kissed Jack’s brow and rose to go make dinner.  He would pamper him tonight.  Ennis liked the role of ministering angel.

That is so sweet, Marie. I love it when you write about them being tender with each other. Our big, rough wanna-be-cowboys, one spreading the other on his lap like a baby. You touch my heart, sweetie.

Dagi

Re: Reunion
« Reply #3412 on: May 22, 2008, 05:13:38 pm »
They made love with anger, with violence.  Neither one knew why lovemaking had to be such a war.  Perhaps it was all the time apart: a combustion of the passion and lust that festered over the months, and released in a display of lunging, pushing, pulling, sometimes even punching.  But, invariably, the fire cooled and tenderness unfolded that threatened to consume as completely as the urgency of the hurt, the longing and the bitter loneliness.

That´s how it must have been. Thanks for writing, Marie.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3413 on: May 22, 2008, 11:36:29 pm »
That is so sweet, Marie. I love it when you write about them being tender with each other. Our big, rough wanna-be-cowboys, one spreading the other on his lap like a baby. You touch my heart, sweetie.

Thanks, Baby!  I see you changed your name!  I love it!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Reunion
« Reply #3414 on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:02 pm »
That´s how it must have been. Thanks for writing, Marie.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Love!  It means a lot to me!

Dagi

« Reply #3415 on: May 25, 2008, 01:25:47 pm »
Thanks, Baby!  I see you changed your name!  I love it!  :-*

And you even knew who I am.  ;D Sorry I didn´t write my name underneath, didn´t think about that. I`m not leaving, but this is the only place I´m going to go from now on.

Hugs,
Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3416 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00:30 am »

Happy Memorial Day!
Happy Belated Memorial Day, Love!  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Great pic, by the way!!  ::)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3417 on: May 27, 2008, 11:51:45 pm »
Thanks for the birthday well wishes, my man Gary! I hope all is well with you and the rest of the 'J with E' gang.
Did I tell you I met our beloved Littlewing 1957 on my birthday? She is the best!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3418 on: May 28, 2008, 01:09:36 am »
Thanks for the birthday well wishes, my man Gary! I hope all is well with you and the rest of the 'J with E' gang.
Did I tell you I met our beloved Littlewing 1957 on my birthday? She is the best!

Ah, Toy, I feel the same way about you.  Oh, and for those of you who don't know--Toycoon is one super fine, super foxy guy who at 46 looks 20!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3419 on: May 28, 2008, 01:29:31 am »
And you even knew who I am.  ;D Sorry I didn´t write my name underneath, didn´t think about that. I`m not leaving, but this is the only place I´m going to go from now on.

Hugs,
Dagi

Please, Dagi--uh-mariposa!  I would know you anywhere!  :)