Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2121368 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Cooking Stew
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2007, 11:35:36 pm »
Unaccustomed to much kindness, Ennis was slightly taken aback by Jack's offer to cook them elk an' taters stew; Ennis, sitting on the ground, watched as Jack peeled potato after potato, carefully balancing the peeled spuds in a tin plate on a rock next to him, beside his feet.

"Dang, what is it 'bout that feller?" thought Ennis dreamily searching Jack's handsome profile for answers; Ennis stared at Jack's lips noting the way the corners turned up mischievously, curling around the cigarette he was smoking, next his eyes traveled over the surface of Jacks' angular jaw with the bristly hair growing on it, finally he poured over Jack's long delicate eyelashes sweeping over his ruddy cheeks.

Ennis could not restrain himself any longer and grabbed Jack by the shoulders smothering Jack's face with brutal kisses; Jack dropped the potato and it slammed on the edge of the tin plate sending the peeled potatoes flying. The knife flipped up in the air and landed on it's point, sticking straight up in the ground.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:29:59 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Cooking Stew (part2)
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2007, 12:13:05 am »
“What has gotten into you, Ennis Del Mar?”  Jack asked as he pulled away from Ennis’ attacks.  He wiped at his wet mouth, laughing all the while.  “You keep that up, this meal will never get finished.  The stew won’t cook itself!”  But Ennis reached for him all over again.  He pulled Jack into a strong embrace, kissed him on the mouth, his cheeks.

Jack was trying to control his breathing.  He had never seen Ennis is such a state.  It was at once exciting and frightening.  Jack allowed himself to be hugged and kissed.  After all, he loved Ennis Del Mar and always craved the feel of his lips. 

“Okay, Cowboy?”  Jack asked as Ennis came up for air.  Ennis chuckled softly as he released his lover.  “Look En, I got all the ingredients ready for a good meal.  Elk, potatoes!  And the fire is ready.  This elk stew will be real good."  Ennis winked at reached for Jack's zipper.  “You got anything else good for me to eat, Rodeo?”
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 01:38:52 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Cooking Stew (Part 1 and Part 2)
« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2007, 01:40:49 am »
Toycoon and littlewing, 

What a tag team you guys are getting to be.  You are two people thinking with the same brain!

Great story, I love it.

Merrily

I love our tag team moments.  I find it so much fun to add to Toycoon's stories!  He is such a good writer!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cooking Stew (Part 1 and Part 2)
« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2007, 03:02:55 am »
I love our tag team moments.  I find it so much fun to add to Toycoon's stories!  He is such a good writer!

Gosh, thanks cowgirls! You make me feel so good. You all do.
I was having a mopey spell for a while there. I don't like to feel that way, not even for a short time.
I have too much to be thankful for to be unhappy for long.

I love the tag team moments, too, littlewing1957. It really is fun!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #384 on: June 23, 2007, 06:52:52 am »
Dagi, this is so beautiful!  For once, I'm at a loss for words!  Thanks so much for this!  :)

thanks, littlewing and Clyde, it came from my heart.

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
Re: Peeling Potatoes
« Reply #385 on: June 23, 2007, 09:30:29 am »
Dagi,

Usually don't feel I need a cigarette after either peeling potatoes or reading a story!   :o

(and I quit quite some time ago!)

Now where did I put that church fan?

Offline Clyde-B

Re: New Friends - Part 4
« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2007, 09:53:07 am »
Susie,

Thanks for giving Ennis somebody new.
I think Jack would have approved too.

Dagi

Re: Peeling Potatoes
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2007, 10:09:26 am »
Dagi,

Usually don't feel I need a cigarette after either peeling potatoes or reading a story!   :o

(and I quit quite some time ago!)

Now where did I put that church fan?

:laugh: "Glad you got a kick out a it!" But don´t you dare blame me for starting to smoke again :o

Offline Clyde-B

Re: Coming Down
« Reply #388 on: June 23, 2007, 10:13:51 am »

In a hushed tone John said with his lips close to Ennis’s ear, “You dumbass.  I love Jack, too.  I know he’s a part of you, so lovin’ you means lovin’ him.”

Gary,

I really like tthe way you included the idea that "it was all those that came before that finally brought you to me."

Offline Clyde-B

Re: New Friends - Part 3
« Reply #389 on: June 23, 2007, 12:10:41 pm »
Thank you Dagi honey.  I remember reading a thread over at IMDb about life after Jack, and someone said that they would like Ennis to scatter Jack's ashes and die along side him up on Brokeback Mountain.  And I just thought "NOOOOOOOOOO", that's the worst possible way for the story to end.  Jack would have wanted Ennis to find someone who truly loves him and to be happy.

This isn't my alternate universe, this is how I think the story continues ... and I'm sticking to it!!! (and I love Gary's final chapter ... it's the perfect ending!)

Love Susie  

I agree Susie,

The theme of the sequel could be how to carry on after your true love dies and how to face your own personal truth under extreme conditions.

Do you realize we've never had a successful mainstream story with a gay hero?