Author Topic: Sage from Space...  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Sage from Space...
« on: June 08, 2007, 01:20:41 pm »
Okay, since I didn't get to go with you guys to Wy, I thought I would take a look at SAGE,WY from space courtesy of mapqust.com.  It's really cool. YOu can zoom in or pull out.  Don't know how recent these satelllite pictures.  Can't be that old.  Doesn't look like there is much there.   I feel like I'm reviewing a grainey military espionage photo lookiing for missle silos.. ;)   There is a railroad track and a cluster of buildings.You can't zoom in all the way as you can when it's a city. Those urban photos are almost scary in their revelation. 

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=sage&state=wy&zipcode
I also did it for Lightning Flat, Wy.   Just go to mapquest.com and you don't need a street address. Just type in the town and state. Don't know if the a.m. link works.   Was there more to see at groundlevel?  ;)   

I

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Sage from Space...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 05:20:36 pm »
Very cool pictures Karl!!  :D

Thanks for telling us about it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 06:53:54 pm »
Of course, make sure to click on aerial image for the satellite photo.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 03:03:51 am »
That one road is designed so you can make a U turn out of town without backing up.  :)