Author Topic: lovable subtle details  (Read 476092 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: lovable subtle details
« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:58 pm »
Yes that first kiss in TS2 is so tender, just after Jack had said its all right and with the kiss, Jack was assuring Ennis that THIS  was all right.

It  showed Ennis that what was going on between them was something special, something tender and gentle and was not just going to be a wam bang thank you,  like the night before.Jack was showing Ennis that there were genuine feelings between them, something very intimate and personal. Ennis's response to the kiss showed Jack, that he was feeling the same way.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #501 on: August 12, 2008, 10:26:26 pm »
Yes that first kiss in TS2 is so tender, just after Jack had said its all right and with the kiss, Jack was assuring Ennis that THIS  was all right.

It  showed Ennis that what was going on between them was something special, something tender and gentle and was not just going to be a wam bang thank you,  like the night before.Jack was showing Ennis that there were genuine feelings between them, something very intimate and personal. Ennis's response to the kiss showed Jack, that he was feeling the same way.

The scene was just soothing, too. The two seemed comfy. Especially when the scene started, Ennis was sitting outside near the fire and kept glancing over at the tent. He couldn't resist so he got up and slowly walked over with his hat in hand.
It was almost as if he was 'surrending' himself to Jack, but in a cozy way.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #502 on: August 12, 2008, 10:35:23 pm »
The scene was just soothing, too. The two seemed comfy. Especially when the scene started, Ennis was sitting outside near the fire and kept glancing over at the tent. He couldn't resist so he got up and slowly walked over with his hat in hand.
It was almost as if he was 'surrending' himself to Jack, but in a cozy way.

Now, thats the word i was trying to find......surrendering......oh yes, describes perfectly the entire TS2.....

Offline rlh03

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2008, 09:01:20 am »
katie77 - I agree wih your 'surrendering' comment, but I kind of thought it went a little bit further, that 'surrendering' for Ennis also meant to his needs also, being wanted, as well as wanting intimacy missing so much in his life to this point.  Your thoughts?

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2008, 03:58:23 pm »
katie77 - I agree wih your 'surrendering' comment, but I kind of thought it went a little bit further, that 'surrendering' for Ennis also meant to his needs also, being wanted, as well as wanting intimacy missing so much in his life to this point.  Your thoughts?

I agree, rlh03 and Katie. Ennis wanted to feel loved and wanted. And he knew that Jack REALLY adored him, otherwise why why did Jack started to kiss him that moment when he was in the tent and the night before, supposedly? It was clear that they both wanted longing love from eachother.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2008, 05:59:17 pm »
Oh yes......they were both starved for love and affection, and just being needed by someone.

They both felt they got all this from each other, theres no doubt about that.

TS2 was the acceptance, that they could trust one another with those feelingsl.

It is such a beautiful scene.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2008, 06:39:31 pm »
Oh yes......they were both starved for love and affection, and just being needed by someone.

They both felt they got all this from each other, theres no doubt about that.

TS2 was the acceptance, that they could trust one another with those feelingsl.

It is such a beautiful scene.

I have watched TS2 so many times, I love it, that and the motel scene.Re the latter, I don't think it is a lovable detail but it is subtle.The way we catch a glimpse of wedding ring.My heart sank when I saw that.Even having read the book it was so much more poignant in the film. It is there as a reminder that things are not all as they seem for our boys.
It is so subtle, yet such a smack in the face.They are  so at ease in each others arms, you can almost forget the peripherals, then there it is the ring.It brings me to tears every time, even just writing about it.
It has been menioned a hundred times over, but I love the fact that the shirts are switched, in the last scene, but most of all I love that it was Heath's idea to do it.
I hate the fact he is no longer here.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2008, 06:45:13 pm »
Yes. Plus, for us as the audience, it's almost as if we can FEEL their warmth for eachother as in love.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #508 on: October 02, 2008, 12:10:11 pm »
Another subtle thing I love is the way they pick up where they left off no matter if it's been a day away from each other on the mountain, months since the last high-altitude get-together, or a whole effen four years!! One example is how Ennis tells Jack "I thought you was sore from that punch" and Jack knows exactly what he was talking about, even though it was a long four years ago!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

« Reply #509 on: October 03, 2008, 07:16:57 am »
Another subtle thing I love is the way they pick up where they left off no matter if it's been a day away from each other on the mountain, months since the last high-altitude get-together, or a whole effen four years!! One example is how Ennis tells Jack "I thought you was sore from that punch" and Jack knows exactly what he was talking about, even though it was a long four years ago!!

Oh yes....I know what you mean.......

How much of a relief must it have been for them, to be able to talk about Brokeback, after it being bottled up inside them, all that time, never talking about it to anyone else. Like they were in the same dream or their own planet which no one else knew about and which they BOTH remember every   minute of.