Author Topic: Scene Discussion: Enter the Harmonica  (Read 13475 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Scene Discussion: Enter the Harmonica
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

Something is wrong with that pic. I knew it, but couldn't put my finger on it. And it kept bugging me. Therefore I checked the scene right now and I know what's wrong: it's photoshopped.

Jack doesn't show *that* smile until Ennis sits down on the log behind Jack and puts his hands near the fire to warm them.
That smile is not to be seen while Ennis is standing to the right of the tent (right side from our viewpoint).

Is this plain as day to everybody but me, so that noboday ever mentioned it? Or did nobody notice something ain't quite right about this picture?

RodneyFL

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 04:05:54 pm »
Yes, Chrissi, this shot enclosed with each harmonica was a composite shot that Adam created.  The scene as printed does not exist in the film, only for gift of the harmonicas at the BBQ.

RodneyFL

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 04:06:51 pm »

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 04:09:12 pm »
Yes, Jack's (Jake's) dazzling smile and his chuckle at Ennis' teasing him about the harmonica!

I like how Jack always laughs when Ennis teases him. Also in the "For you forgettin your harmonica -- I'm enjoyin the peace and quiet" scene.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 04:10:59 pm »
I didn't notice that either, good catch Chrissi.

Our photoshop magician has been at it again!! First he slipped one by us with a Twist headstone, then he spent all night rearranging Lougheed Mountain, and now this! What next?!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 04:12:09 pm »
GO JEFF! and bravo!!!

;D Thanks, Rodney.  ;D

Oh, Chrissi, this has been bothering you for two weeks? I wish you'd said something.  :( We could have helped. Some of us spotted it right away. At the barbecue, I mean.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 04:20:39 pm »
Yes, Chrissi, this shot enclosed with each harmonica was a composite shot that Adam created.  The scene as printed does not exist in the film, only for gift of the harmonicas at the BBQ.

Thanks Rodney. Now I feel a little dumb that it took me so long to figure out what is wrong with this pic, lol  :laugh:.

Oh, I just see Lee's and Jeff's reply in the preview. Seems I'm at least not the only one, but on the other hand, others spotted it right away.
I can live with that  ;D.

Yes, Jeff, it bothered me for two weeks, everytime I looked at the pic. I have no clue why I didn't ask at the BBQ (or here on the board later). Maybe because I was distracted by the harmonica lesson, and it didn't come up on the board till today.

It's the same feeling as when you have something on the tip of your tongue, but you can't get it. Ah, it feels good to have this solved  :laugh:.

RodneyFL

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 07:10:49 pm »
And I've been playing my harmonica here on Fire Island . . . brings a smile to those in listening distance . . .My "He Was a Friend of Mine" isn't half bad and provides a really fun opening for a BBM conversation!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 11:15:17 am »
I believe this is the actual scene:

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 01:18:30 pm »
I believe this is the actual scene:

I think you're right.

God, I love that grin on Jack's face!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.