Author Topic: Jake and Heath Together  (Read 72571 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Jake and Heath Together
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2008, 10:39:13 pm »
Now I'm embarassed... I don't know about the brouhaha.  I'm really curious now though... do tell! :)

I just think they're cute and goofy pictures.  They both look like they're having a lot of fun.  Definitely the good-ol' days.

Don't be, you didn't know.  The gist of the angry argument was that Heath was mocking gays and BBM by deliberately posing in an 'effeminate' manner.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 02:07:04 am »
Thanks for bumping this thread, I think I missed it the first time around! 

This made me LOL.  Do you other old timers remember the big brouhaha this caused? 

Sure, the Teapot scandal.  One of the happiest and bestest Heath and Jake together moments.  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9a2yJpYzxc[/youtube]

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2008, 02:44:50 am »

Sure, the Teapot scandal.  One of the happiest and bestest Heath and Jake together moments.  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9a2yJpYzxc[/youtube]

They are definitely adorable together in this clip.  But from what I understand, Heath had not been given the script before he went on, and I think he didnt even know he was going to have to do it.  Therefore he was a caught a little off guard.  Thats why all the silliness.  Cute and adorable..   Thank you so much for posting this clip.  Heath and Jake do truly look happy with each other.  Its heart warming

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2008, 04:26:29 am »
I had no idea what you were talking about when I saw the "teapot scandal"...

I watched the video first, then scanned down to the post explaining what all the fuss was about way back......

I hadn't even noticed Heath's hand on his hip......oooooooh some people do get touchy dont they.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 09:06:45 am »
I had no idea what you were talking about when I saw the "teapot scandal"...

I watched the video first, then scanned down to the post explaining what all the fuss was about way back......

I hadn't even noticed Heath's hand on his hip......oooooooh some people do get touchy dont they.

Well, that's what I thought as well, Kate, that Heath had no idea what to say, hence their awkwardness out there and he was just being himself.  But when others on the board defendeding Heath said the same, those who felt Heath was being insulting felt they were being condescended to by being called 'touchy' and 'overly sensitive'.

It was a big mess or much ado about nothing, I thought.

Heath actually had to defend himself later when he heard the ruckus - it hit the media.  His mum had to step in and say publiclly that that was a normal pose for Heath in his daily life and someone even dug up a photo from his movie, "A Knight's Tale" showing Heath in the same pose.

mvansand76

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:18 am »
Heath actually had to defend himself later when he heard the ruckus - it hit the media.  His mum had to step in and say publiclly that that was a normal pose for Heath in his daily life and someone even dug up a photo from his movie, "A Knight's Tale" showing Heath in the same pose.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

On another note, I've seen this pic a couple of times on my friends list on lj... courtesy of whoever posted it first...

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:27 am »
They are definitely adorable together in this clip.  But from what I understand, Heath had not been given the script before he went on, and I think he didnt even know he was going to have to do it.  Therefore he was a caught a little off guard.  Thats why all the silliness.  Cute and adorable..   Thank you so much for posting this clip.  Heath and Jake do truly look happy with each other.  Its heart warming

Yes it is heartwarming, makes me smile. The tragic thing is though, we won,t be seeing any more clips like that now. Sorry to be morbid.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 05:23:29 pm »
Wow, I completely missed this thread. I think I have something to contribute...

Director's Guild Awards. (I don't think these are already on here.)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 05:24:25 pm »
I don't know what this is from.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 05:25:44 pm »
These go with another picture I saw on this thread...