Author Topic: My dream.  (Read 7560 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
My dream.
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:11:07 am »
I had a dream last night. I think this is like the 4th Chez Tremblay influenced dream that I've had.

I had a dream that Pierre asked me to attend the Academy Awards with him. I was very excited and I wore this really sequined dress and he had on a t-shirt. We were 4 rows back and Charlize Theron was hosting. I have no idea what Pierre looks like, so in my dream, he looked like Rodrigo Prieto (senor?).
He kept putting his head in my lap during the ceremony and I would run my hands through his hair. It started to get a little saucy with some making out action but then the teleprompter broke and he jumped up and said I can assist them! And it ended with me sitting there, waiting for him to get back.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

EnnisDelMar

Re: My dream.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:08:41 pm »
LOL That's too good!  :laugh:

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 02:29:29 pm »
Stacey, I love the fact that his head was in your lap.  That seems to have happened to me in a dream or two... like with Martin Gore (Depeche Mode) or my science teacher.  It is so crazy.  What is it with the head in the lap?

Is it okay if I hijack this into another recent-dreams thread and describe a dream I had, actually a good few weeks ago?  I wrote it down in an email when it was fresh:

Somehow, somehow, Jake came to my apartment.  This apartment was unlike my house, but very similar to that of Jessica Lange's character in Tootsie.  Jake must have been doing some kind of publicity stunt, going to a fan's house to sign her pretty glossy BBM fan book.  What was supposed to be a brief visit got longer and longer.  I was trying to spin it out, charming him, making him laugh as much as I could, showing him that I wasn't a total starstruck boob... I was succeeding quite well -- it was so exciting.  Although he was still not entirely settled in for a long afternoon on my couch which would then perhaps lead to an evening of sushi or Indian food, he was kind of reluctantly happy shooting the breeze with me.  There were, by the way, no cameras or bodyguards or publicists or handlers or anything.  Just him.  The final thing that happened, before I awoke and resolved to keep this dream in my head and warm the day with it, was this -- and it requires a tangent denoted by a new paragraph: 

Now, in real life, I'm a bit of a sculptress.  Are you familiar with Fimo, or Sculpey?  It's a low-temperature-baking modelling compound.  (An oven at 350 does the trick, as opposed to a serious kiln.)  Well, I make little people out of this material.  Well, from about 1998-2000 I made them.  They lie, sit, clutch themselves, clutch each other, hold hands, embrace erotically on occasion... in short, try with their wistful gestures and yearning bodies to express the inexpressible.  A larger-scale plan was to make a whole nativity scene -- I made Mary, a little squiggly Jesus, a Joseph (who, tellingly, is unable to kneel on his own and can only do so when braced against Mary), one wise man, a couple of adoring shepherds, two sheep and a cat.  The cat is a little miracle -- I don't know how I did it but it's just the cutest little tiny meatloaf of a tucked-in cat.  The sheep, too, are miraculous -- I don't know how they happened and I'm so proud of them.  I doubt if lightning could strike twice -- they're probably the best and only little sheep sculptures I'll ever make.  Okay so..... I'm getting back round to the dream.  Ready?

So... the last thing I did in my fun, smart couch-sit with Jake Gyllenhaal (back in the dream) was to go get my tiny sheep and show them to him.  I don't know if the subject had come up somehow, or how I remembered that I had something sheep-related that I could possibly show him.  But I did.  His response to my two little sheep: he was deeply moved by them, unto TEARS.  It was actually kind of uncomfortable for me.  Of course I was absolutely thrilled that I had connected with him somehow.  But we were suddenly much more intimate than I had expected.  He thanked me heartily, profusely, for sharing my sheep.

He didn't put his head in my lap, though.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »
How come I never have dreams like these???   >:(
No more beans!

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 02:46:05 pm »
 :) whatever you're smoking or imbibing, I want some!!! Jake in my dreams or in real life, I'm not sure my poor old heart could take the excitement....................... :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:58:50 pm by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 02:53:32 pm »
I do have Jake in my dreams in a way - Jack and Ennis are in my dreams almost every night, as sort of "extras."  They very rarely speak, but when they do, they are Jack and Ennis and not Jake and Heath.  They're always wearing the immortalized shirts and the hats and they're always together.  They never speak directly to me when they do speak - it's always to each other in a reflection on something I or someone else in the dream has said.  Their presence is always very peaceful and I always awake feeling reassured.  Amazing what our minds do to try to heal our waking selves when we sleep.
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 03:25:38 pm »
I love the fact that he cried and made you uncomfortable, makes me laugh.

I've had a couple "trying really hard to impress Jake" dreams too. Usually it's with my clever wit and enlightened commentary.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 03:32:43 pm »
Mmm, Barb, how beautiful.

I don't know about healing: I dreamt two nights ago that I had a four-chamber cage/tank in my bedroom with fish, birds (that looked like lobsters), hamsters and gerbils, and tiny tabby-striped mice.  I decided to switch things around a little -- put the mice in with the hamsters, put the gerbils in with the FISH... why?  Why did I do that?  I suddenly realized the gerbils were drowned, on the bottom of the fishtank with their little feet moving slightly with the currents; the birds were dead, half the fish were dead... God, it was so awful.  I woke up whimpering in helpless horror at my own awful misjudgment.  I was telling my coworker about the dream and, embarrassingly, started to cry.  Weird.  We tell each other our weird dreams but we do not cry in front of each other.

Maybe the healing begins when I wake up and realize I'm being warned to be more responsible.  ?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 04:03:51 pm »
Mmm, Barb, how beautiful.

I don't know about healing: I dreamt two nights ago that I had a four-chamber cage/tank in my bedroom with fish, birds (that looked like lobsters), hamsters and gerbils, and tiny tabby-striped mice.  I decided to switch things around a little -- put the mice in with the hamsters, put the gerbils in with the FISH... why?  Why did I do that?  I suddenly realized the gerbils were drowned, on the bottom of the fishtank with their little feet moving slightly with the currents; the birds were dead, half the fish were dead... God, it was so awful.  I woke up whimpering in helpless horror at my own awful misjudgment.  I was telling my coworker about the dream and, embarrassingly, started to cry.  Weird.  We tell each other our weird dreams but we do not cry in front of each other.

Maybe the healing begins when I wake up and realize I'm being warned to be more responsible.  ?

How awful, Sarah!  Of course it's easy for me to say my dreams heal me now because I'm not having the night terrors that have haunted me off and on for years.  If you don't know what a night terror - as opposed to a nightmare like what you had - is, be glad.  Be very, very glad.  And in case you're very, very glad, they're very violent hallucinations that only about 2% of the population, supposedly, experience just as we're falling to sleep.  The thought is they're caused by a genetic abnormality in which the switching mechanism in the brain that helps us go from Stage 1 sleep to REM sleep is awry, and so our minds go directly to REM sleep while we're still partially awake.  My hallucinations involve the sense of some sort of malevolent presence that isn't supposed to be there standing over me and about to do me great bodily harm.  Sometimes I see a male, shadowy figure.  Sometimes an actual man with a face, and not even a particularly scary one but just one I don't recognize.  Sometimes it's animal-like.  The one continuity is that it causes me to bolt upright in my bed, jump out, and go running and screaming from the room.  All while I'm still partially asleep.  I can go for years without having one, then have three in a week.  I don't know what triggers them, but I think it might be excessive sugar.  I think this because I've been essentially on the South Beach diet for three years, now.  First to lose 15 pounds, which I did, then because I realized I had not had a single night terror since I cut down on the sugar and I wanted to keep it that way.

Long story short (too late :)), I know from dreams that don't exactly heal.  I also have a recurring dream-dream that I'm getting ready to go on a very important trip and I'm deliberately dilly-dallying along, knowing I'm going to miss the plane and it's going to essentially ruin my life, yet dilly-dally I continue to do.  I never wake up particularly refreshed from those, either.  Wish I knew how to interpret dreams so I could tell you what yours means.  Hopefully someone here will be able to enlighten you.  Someone once told me that the missing the plane dream means something completely different from what I thought it did - something about what different forms of transportation symbolize or something or other.  I thought it was silly and so I dismissed it and now I've forgotten it.  Yet I still have the stupid dream from time to time.  Only difference is now Jack and Ennis are there in the airport.  :-\
No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 04:50:09 pm »
-the running-out-of-time dream (aka dilly-dallying)
-the performance dream in which I'm handed a piece of music I've never seen, or I'm handed an instrument I don't play, or I'm in the dress rehearsal of an opera and I haven't attended a single rehearsal up to that point and don't have the role memorized (popular twist: I'm missing a key article of clothing, like my trousers)
-the taking-care-of-animals dream

Those are the biggies.

You know, Barb, I actually do go into immediate REM sleep -- it's the only trace of narcolepsy that I seem to have inherited from my mom, who is narcoleptic.  But I don't have night-terrors.  My mom does, though, lemme tell ya.  I know it's scarier for the terror-haver, but it's scary for others in the house, too.  My experience consists merely of dreams of REM-level detail seconds after I fall asleep.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 06:55:44 pm »
You know, Barb, I actually do go into immediate REM sleep -- it's the only trace of narcolepsy that I seem to have inherited from my mom, who is narcoleptic.  But I don't have night-terrors.  My mom does, though, lemme tell ya.  I know it's scarier for the terror-haver, but it's scary for others in the house, too.  My experience consists merely of dreams of REM-level detail seconds after I fall asleep.

Egg-zactly.  That's why when I started having them again when Will was about 18 months old and they were scaring the daylights out of him, too (Mom screaming her lungs out in the middle of the night will do that to a kid), I was so relieved when the South Beach sty-lee eating plan seemed to have nipped that outbreak in the bud, I haven't strayed too far from it since.  My cholesterol levels are those of athletes', too, or so says my doctor.  And that's saying a lot for someone whose LDL used to be 137 pre-diet and is now in the low 90s.  And trust me, I ain't no athlete.   :P

Sorry to hear your Mom has them.  If she's so inclined, you might suggest to her to cut out the processed sugars and white starches, or at least cut significantly back on them.  They haven't determined the trigger(s) yet last I looked into it, but I'd bet anything one of them is sugar.
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 07:21:51 pm »

So... the last thing I did in my fun, smart couch-sit with Jake Gyllenhaal (back in the dream) was to go get my tiny sheep and show them to him.  I don't know if the subject had come up somehow, or how I remembered that I had something sheep-related that I could possibly show him.  But I did.  His response to my two little sheep: he was deeply moved by them, unto TEARS.  It was actually kind of uncomfortable for me.  Of course I was absolutely thrilled that I had connected with him somehow.  But we were suddenly much more intimate than I had expected.  He thanked me heartily, profusely, for sharing my sheep.

He didn't put his head in my lap, though.

Maybe it's a good thing Nicole Tremblay isn't around here too much, Stacey!!!

I want to see them - the little sheep and the tiny kitty and the wobbly Joseph...I want to see them all.  I've played around with FIMO, but have no talent for creating anything from it but a mess.

I have very lucid dreams.  CT posts are in my dreams much more than Jack and Ennis.  My least favorite dreams are either when my teeth are all loose and falling out left and right (I have very healthy teeth in real life), or when I'm eating broken glass.  You can imagine that both are deeply disturbing. 

They are both supposed to represent some regret about words spoken, but I never actually feel that, so it must be about something else, but I don't know what.  Let me tell ya - broken glass shards slicing into your gums and cutting the soft insides of your mouth is NOT a fun dream!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:14:08 pm by yaadpyar »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 07:35:22 pm »
In my psych class last semester my teacher said something about how it's very common for college students to have dreams about teeth falling out. I can't remember for the life of me what she said it was supposed to mean, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't regret about words spoken...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 07:37:40 pm »
Ooh - I reckon that wouldn't be any fun at all, Celeste!  I've not had that one but I've had the loose teeth one *many* times.  They never actually fall out in my case, but they get precariously loose.  And has anyone else ever heard the urban legend that if you're falling in a dream, if you hit the ground, you die?  For real?  I've heard that.  And it's false.  Because I've hit the ground a few times.  Hard.  Didn't feel pain so much as pressure, and got up and carried on in the dream.

I have the thing I have for Ralph Fiennes partially because one day a long time ago I was reading an interview of him in GQ in a dentist's office, and one of the interviewer's questions was "Do you ever have recurring nightmares?"  He answered that no, he has not, but that he has night terrors.  He didn't call them that at the time - this interview was from, like, 1997, and it may not have been in the vernacular then.  But he described the version of them I was having at the time in stunning detail.  I felt the hair stand up on my neck as I was reading it.  And I really was stunned because I had never talked about them with anyone except my mother and husband up to that point and I'd certainly never heard of anyone who had them.
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 07:37:58 pm »
LOL.....interesting dream!   ;D

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 10:47:47 pm »
Here are Mary and the sheep and the cat:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: My dream--my first!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 10:26:44 am »
Okay, so I've had my first Heath/Jake/Ennis/Jack/Michelle dream and it was a doozie. All these months and not a single BBM related dream, but last night this one came through my brain.

It started off that I was with Heath, Michelle, and Matilda when Heath went to get his most recent tattoo. I was busy discussing designs with him and he was trying to talk me into one. I was like, well maybe, but what I really want to do is get my nipple pierced. Well, this is a tattoo/piercing place so Heath tells me to go for it. So, I go talk to the woman and she tells me it's illegal to get your nipples pierced. "Really?" I said. "My husband has one." Well, it turns out it is illegal in NY!

I end up not getting anything done and the four of us head back to their (Heath and Michelle's house). We settle in on the couch to watch TV or something (maybe BBM on DVD, who knows). Heath can't figure out which remote to use to make the TV/DVD work and we are all laughing at this. I said, "Call the cable guy. I call the cable guy instantly when the remotes won't work. You're paying for it." And Heath says, "No, I don't like bothering them." And Michelle says, "He just likes screwing around."

About this time, Jake arrives, carrying a pitcher (??) of chopped red onions. The plan, apparently, is that he is going to make some sort of a delicious stir fry vegetarian thing for all of us for dinner. He goes into the kitchen to chop vegetables and then comes back and says, "When I'm Jake, it's fine, but sometimes I think he's still Ennis and I'm in love with him." He then proceeds to start making out with Ennis/Heath and I am thinking, this is just fine with me. Michelle picked up the baby and we are just having a grand old time watching the boys go at it.

Somewhere along the line we all decide to go out to dinner (I don't know what happened to the stir fry). There wasn't a car big enough to hold all of us so I had to go by myself in my own car...and then got lost so never got to go out to dinner. And then I woke up.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:40:36 am by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 10:34:04 am »
I love it.  Favorite detail: the pitcher of red onions.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 10:41:51 am »
The thought is they're caused by a genetic abnormality in which the switching mechanism in the brain that helps us go from Stage 1 sleep to REM sleep is awry, and so our minds go directly to REM sleep while we're still partially awake.  My hallucinations involve the sense of some sort of malevolent presence that isn't supposed to be there standing over me and about to do me great bodily harm.  Sometimes I see a male, shadowy figure.  Sometimes an actual man with a face, and not even a particularly scary one but just one I don't recognize.  Sometimes it's animal-like.

In mine I just have this intense feeling of dread that the world's about to end. It's weird because the images are always different and often VERY random but there's always this horrible inescapable feeling.

My last one was really horrible because it involved me and three of my best guy friends. Basically, two of them died and the other one and I tried to save them but couldn't so we watched them die. To then come round from this, was pretty horrific because seeing as how I wasn't really asleep made it feel all the more real.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: My dream--my first!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 11:37:32 am »
"When I'm Jake, it's fine, but sometimes I think he's still Ennis and I'm in love with him." He then proceeds to start making out with Ennis/Heath and I am thinking, this is just fine with me.
Hummina hummina. I wish I could have one of those dreams.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »
Fuzzy - I know about that intense feeling of dread - that's the common thread that characterizes night terrors.  You can't put a finger on what exactly is wrong, but just that everything is really, REALLY wrong.  As a kid, mine took on the form of hearing loud footsteps, as if in heavy clunky boots, coming urgently down the hallway to my bedroom (funny thing is the hallway was carpeted, but the footsteps always sounded like heavy sole on wood), then feeling like I was being grabbed, and hard, and then of intense weight pressing down on every part of my body.  I never saw the person/form that was doing this - all was just blackness - and I never had the sense I was being raped but rather constricted to death.  In my adulthood, the malevolent form doesn't physically touch me - he/it is just in the room looking down at me in my bed.  Thankfully, I haven't had either form of night terror in almost two years and counting...  (knock wood!)

Remember when I talked about my recurring missing-the-airplane dream?  Well, I had it again last night.  But check this out:  This time, I CAUGHT the plane, and with time to spare.  And here's the funny (in a sort of creepy-funny way) twist to this one:  Usually the plane is going somewhere middle European - Sarajevo, St. Petersburg, something like that.  Last night, it was going to Norway.  Not any particular city in Norway - just Norway.  And at the airport, the ticket/gate agents kept looking at my ticket and saying, "Enjoy your trip to Sydney."  And I'd say, "I'm not going to Australia.  I'm going to NORWAY."  And they'd say "Oh.  Norway is NICE!"  Three different times.  So I wake up (it was one of those right before you wake up for the day dreams) and I think "Australia?  Norway?  WTF?"  And then it hits me.  Who is from Australia?  Who has a last name that is Norwegian (or at least I think it is)?

I REALLY need to get some therapy.  ;)

But I really am blown away by the fact that I finally started packing early enough and got to the airport and on the plane on time.  I mean, this is years I've had a variation of this dream at least once a month, and I never got on the plane.  Maybe it's just confirmation that I have indeed finally *completely* lost my mind...
No more beans!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 05:23:52 pm »
Oh my!

How come I never have dreams like these???
Starting to wondet too here!  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -