Author Topic: An Update on BBM Radio Progress  (Read 9867 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: An Update on BBM Radio Progress
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 09:47:29 pm »
Hmm, was wondering if there was a way to do talk shows or some other medium besides music... lol. Just an idea, may have no merit at all.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 09:15:39 pm »
Very nice radio programming.  I like the ambient music, but am wondering if there's more C&W, or just more vocal music that we could hear. 

I get antsy for hearing singing after a while.  Don't know if others share that interest...thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 03:14:37 am »
I agree, I think they should be mixed up more. I remember that you said you divided the playlist into instrumental and vocal. Think you should gently shuffle them together.

Thanks, Daniel.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:29:59 pm »
Hey Phillip,
Ideas for songs - what about Desperado and Sweet Baby James by James Taylor - grouse cowboy songs,

Peter
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Jack_ME

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 06:12:57 pm »

Hey Phillip!

I know I've shared this in a private message with you earlier on, but thought I'd make a public post here too.

I like very much all the instrumentals you have programmed, some more than others of course, but in general I can say all.

I don't care so much for vocals, especially vocals in English!

My own quirk, I can't NOT hear the ideas of the words, and I find that intrustive. When I listen to music I want only the sounds so I can experience my own emotions without being force fed someone else's through their words! So I also do enjoy vocals in a language I don't understand! For then it's just sound and emotion.

So for me, your current setup is ideal.

When you are in instrumental mode, I enjoy it and listen from time to time. When you are in vocal mode, I shut it off! Which I would do always if vocals were mixed in equally with the instrumentals.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this quirk of music enjoyment. (Naturally there are some songs I do like, but in speaking generally I will always prefer insturmentals.)

Jack in Maine

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 07:24:15 pm »
Did anyone catch Jack Johnson on Austin City Limits last night?  He did several of my favorites, but not "Better Together," the only one airing on BBM radio.

This guy is just like his music: mellow and serene.
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 05:38:13 pm »
I will not be rotating stuff off until I completely fill our space and we've got more than 100 megs left.  I have been so busy working on BetterMost I haven't had time to do much with BBM Radio (again), but I'm going back to working on that soon.

I am going to keep the instrumentals and vocals apart for at least awhile longer because they provoke very different moods in people.  Who knows... if support is there with listeners, maybe I'll create a BBM Radio 1 and BBM Radio 2, with different formats - one vocal, one instrumental. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming